Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG side effects

What are the possible side effects of HCG?

Stop using HCG and seek emergency medical attention or notify your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following serious side effects:

an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);
pain, warmth, redness, numbness, or tingling in an arm or leg (which may indicate a blood clot); or
confusion, severe dizziness, or severe headache (which may indicate a blood clot in the head).
A small percentage of female patients treated with HCG have developed the ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), especially after the first cycle of therapy. Symptoms of OHSS include severe pelvic pain, swelling of the hands or legs, abdominal pain and swelling, shortness of breath, weight gain, low urine output, diarrhea, and nausea or vomiting. OHSS can be fatal. Notify your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical attention if you develop any of these symptoms.

Other side effects may also occur. Notify your doctor if you experience

headache;
irritability;
restlessness;
depression;
fatigue;
fluid retention (edema);
breast tenderness or swelling;
pain, swelling, or irritation at the injection site;
early or premature puberty.

****I am taking 1 per week and just began. I found this and little worried***
Just wanted to let you know that I just opened this: all about weight loss forums dot com.
A place where it will be open to talk about HCG shots, Phentermine, etc.
I am not a html expert! just want a place to find/share good HCG inf.
I wanted to let you all know what I found. Please let me know if any of you or someone you know has experienced any of these side effects. So many on this board ask about the side effects of taking this drug. I was not told about all these and I am wondering if some of you were not either.
I wanted to pass this info along.
Also I woke up this am and the center of my top lip felt numb. It has gone away some throughout the day but it still feels funny in that 1 little spot. I am not sure if it's due to the HCG or not. I took the injection last Tuesday. I would have thought any allergic reaction would have shown up before now. I really want to know if any of you have had any minor or serious reactions and when did they start for you.
Thank you.
I was on the HCG shots from Jan 31 til May.  I experienced alot of the headaches.  I remember speaking to another person here who also had the headaches also.  Since coming off of the shots, I do not have the frequent headaches.  Perhaps the HCG side effects should be looked at more closely.  Thanks for sharing the info.

Verbal Conquest
have you lost any weight since you've been on hcg?  The pills are available what do you think of the pills?  I am thinking of ordering the pills for weight loss.  Any suggestions?
I am actually taking HCG shots & Phentermine. I have been going to Dr. Michael P. Girourds Office. His office is a Weight Loss and Wellness Clinic. I have been following the diet they gave me and I have lost 54lbs in 3 month. When I go in for my follow up appointments, usually every one will share their success stories. I have talked to people that have lost more weight then that in less time. Its a great program and its well worth the money. The total price will included the doctors visit, the appetite suppressant you choose and the HCG shots. Its great! I would recommend Dr. Girourd to anyone. His website is www.letsgetthin.com.  
Has anyone heard or seen research on Hcg and deprovera? I had to have a shot of Depo last year for a procedure I had done and now I gained quite a bit of weight from it. I also know that Depo can stay in the body for up to 18 months.And I wanted to make sure that I am not setting my self up for more problems than I want later. Bottom line how would depo and hcg affect each other? Or do they? Boh are hormons.

jocool
My sister in law is going to try the hcg shots,but I worry because she has had lipnoid cancer.That resulted in her having to go through cemo.I worry that their might be additional risk.Anyone who might have some insite on this matter please respond.Thank You!
I am taking HCG for weight loss/Dr. Simmeons/Kevin Trudeau and have experienced mild fatigue.  I have the urge to sleep a lot.  I think my lymphnodes are a bit swollen but it must be due to the weather change.  Living in FL it can go from 80 degrees to 45 degrees in 24 hr period.  Ill let you know if my symtoms (symptoms) go away.
I LIVE IN MIAMI AND COULD NOT HELP MYSELF AND E-MAIL YOU TO ASK YOU SOME QUESTION MY WHOLE ENTIRE FAMILY IS EXTREMELY WORRIED THAT THIS TREATMENT I AM ABOUT TO START WILL KILL ME OR DO SOME UNREPAIRABLE DAMAGE, JUST TO LOOSE WEIGHT, PLUS I HAVE A 7 MONTH BABY THAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE GROW UP. I HAVE CONTACTED SOUTH BEACH REJUVINATION SINCE I COULD NOT FIND A DOCTOR IN MY AREA THAT WOULD PRESCRIBE HCG FOR WEIGHT LOSS AND SINCE IT IS OVER THE INTERNET I AM AFRAID THAT I AM DOING ALL THIS TEST BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING REALLY WRONG JUST TO SELL THE HCG THEY WONT TELL ME AND WILL PRESCRIBE IT ANYWAY, DO YOU HAVE ANYONE THAT YOU ARE USING THAT YOU RECOMMEND AND ARE YOUR SYMPTOMS GETTING ANY BETTER?? SORRY FOR THE LONG MESSAGE BUT I AM A LITTLE NERVOUS ON THIS STEP I AM ABOUT TO TAKE....
I have been on the HCG diet for about 1 week.  I have lost about 8 pounds.  It's both harder than I thought and easier than I thought at times.  But I was encouraged by having some results.  I have been a little tired because of the low calories, but nothing else.
I am also excited about a new product that is coming out.  It is a pill that mixes with a glass of water.  You than drink the water and it turns into a gel like substance that fills your stomach and gets rid of the hunger pains (very similar to the effects of a Lap Band surgery).  After about 4 hours it liquefies and you pee it out.  It has been approved by the FDA and promises to be a great help in controlling appetite.  Check out this site:
http://www.****.com/5434023
I am pretty excited to try it out!  But I think it would work best with the HCG shots because of the obvious calorie deficit it would cause to not eat a whole meal.  The HCG truly helps you tap into your energy reserves (fat deposits) rather than your muscle when you are calorie deficient.  I also plan to use a good vitamin supplement (which you should use anyway while on the HCG diet).  
i started getting hcg shots annd taking phentermine about a week ago after going to dr michael girourd's office...i heard soo many sucess stories from people i know loosing anywhere from 50 to 100 pounds in a matter of months...i was on my period(it was coming to its end)when i got my first shot 01/06/09..but since reciving the shot my period has gotten much much heavier..my cycle usually last about a week..but i am going in to my third week and there is no sign of it stopping...i dont want to be worried..i kind of expected it...im kind of sensitive to hormones..even birth control throws me out of cycle but GEZZ how long is this going to last...i was suppose to give myself another shot on tuesday but didnt..i was hoping this would stop...i am soo excited to lose weight and i really can see a huge change already...just curious if any one else has experienced this?  
Wow I haven't experience that; however, I do cramp now. In the past that wasn't a problem, but now it can become painful.
I would not recommend HCG injections for weight loss to anyone. I lost 29 pounds in 3 weeks while on the shot, but my mother took them also, and her doctor did some tests because she was having some problems and told her that her cancer had come back. Thankfully it didn't, but this was one month after she took her shots...I took the shots about a month after her, and I am yhaving the same probs she ws having...swollen lymph nodes, nodules on my lungs, shoulder and back paijn...I have alllready had over 8500$ worth of tests, and my doctor is talking about a biopsy... I am 31 years old with a 10 year old daughter. Please I wish noone to have the pain that I have been going through and the scariness of all this. Please don't take HCG...Do it the hard way!!
Hi-,
I have been having daily headaches since I began taking the HCG, I was just wondering if anyone else  taking the HCG, has had the same reaction or similiar?  Thanks !
If you look carefully at the list of side effects on this page  what you see is that the only side effects are an allergic reaction or an infection at the injection site.  And, sometimes, women develop ovarian cysts (OHSS).  In my mind, these just don't count as serious side effects.  You can have an allergic reaction to ANYTHING and infection at the injection site is completely controllable if you use sterile technique.  So that just leaves the possibiltiy of ovarian cysts which is a risk I, personally, and willing to take to get the weight off.  Dr. Simeons has studied this drug for decades and his patients have not experienced serious side effects.
This is my third day on the HCG diet. My lymph nodes are swollen and in pain. Is anybody else experiencing this? I hope I am just picking up a cold as I really don't want to quit the diet. But I figure I should reach out to see what others have or are experiencing.
I wish all the best to you and your Mom, and hope you both get well. However, it may be that these health problems are independent of the HCG. I'm 51, very small, and needed to lose about 15-18 lbs. I've been on HCG (very good drops from GNC-General Nutrition stores) for around 22 days. I have lost 10 lbs, and seem to be at a plateau. With an infrequent headache: take an advil, drink water, eat an apple. Some fatigue just started in the last couple of days, so I will do the next phases and repeat the cycle. Keep up the vitamins, and good luck!
I started taking the hcg liquid drops I did two rounds without any problems, lost 25 pounds. About three days after I started my third round of the hcg drops, I started bleeding, having sharp pains in my ovaries, suffered from dizziness, and fatigue, I immediatly stopped taking the Hcg. But these symtoms (symptoms) lasted for over a month. I went in to the emergency room one night when it got so bad i thought my ovary was going to explode, they did $2,000 worth of tests on me and sent me home saying i had abnormal cramps. the bleeding stopped but I suffer from these intense ovary pains almost on a daily basis and it has almost been a year since the last time i used hcg. Dont recommend this product to anybody.
Hello All

I have both good and bad news about the Hcg drops.  I got started after I saw my boss loose 80 pounds from August 2011 to March 2012 with no reported complications...I was amazed!  I cannot say the same for myself.  I began using the Hcg drops on April 29 2012 and started without any complications.  The first week went fine.  The second week is when my troubles began.  I started with tingling in my throat that turned into what felt like a sinus infection mixed with allergies. I did not discontinue my drops and a few days later I ended up in the ER (twice in one week actually) with an uncontrollable sinus infection and a mad bladder infection that caused bleeding..a first!  I discontinued the drops for that day and before I could even began my antibiotics, all of this went away!   I was able to shed a few pounds in the two week period and was sad that I could not continue.  All I can say is everything is not for everyone!
Well, Honestly Vinyasa Flow Yoga and other Yoga practices are the bet for getting rid of your body fats. I have seen many people getting slimmer while doing this.