Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG...how much weight have you lost

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG...how much weight have you lost

I was just wondering, the people who are on or have done the HCG injections, how much weight have you lost.  How much did you weigh and how tall are you.  Also wondering if the lean body holds true, Kevin Trudeau said you wouldn't lose much lean weight.  I am starting soon, after my menses.  I am 5'7" I weigh 150, want to lose about 20 lbs.  
I went to the doctor 4/4/07, but as it was my birthday week I did not start my shots until 4/9/07. I just weighed and have lost 6 pounds in 2 days. I will take my 3rd shot this evening around 5:30pm. My doctor did find out that I have hypothyroidism though and put me on Armour thyroid medication. I cannot believe how good I feel after taking it. Hope you all have great results!
donner1
Congrats on your loss.

When did you start on the Armour?

I am hypo (for 9 years) and have STOPPED taking my meds as KT says no meds at all and Simeons says especially thyroid meds.

What do you think?

Bitten
Hi Everyone-

I just started HCG 5000. Last nite was my first shot. It went pretty good. Some seem to come out, I guess I need to hold the needle in longer. I am 6'0'' and Weigh 290lbs. I will keep everybody update on how it goes. I am following a 600 cal a day diet. I am also going to try and work-out until I get to weak only consuming 600 cal. I am long to get to 210 so I have a ways to goes. I will post again next monday. Thanx everyone
Three weeks as of yesterday.  I have lost 23 pounds on the scale, my bodyfat that started at 31.20% is down 3.5% to 27.7%, and total inches from 12 measurements is 17.625" loss.

I am 6'5" male who started at 310.4 pounds and was 287.4 as of yesterday morning.
hi,
I went to the doc 4/4 and started the armour 4/5. truly if i had to make a choice in the hcg and the armour....i would choose the armour. my pain level has decreased and my outlook on life seems to be better. actually, the doc who gave me the rx for armour is the same one who gave me the hcg. he is a most wonderfull man and i have no complaints. i saw a magazine with lots of his patients who have lost lots of weight. i shall continue with him. i drove over 7 hours one way to see him...and then returned home the same day. next time will stay overnight. ill go back in a month.
donner
which doc are you seeing?
Wow,

sounds like the dr. we all dream of...too bad i am in NY.

i have never taken armour, only thyroxine (in UK) and synthroid here for the last 8 months.

I have weaned myself off over the last few months and now take no meds. i stopped prozac as well.

i believe the drugs make me fatter and truly unhealthy. i started to take lexapro then cymabalta then prozac  and the last 8 months have gained almost 40 lbs. it's awful.

yes i eat too much, no i did not exercise enough (i do 4-5 times a week now), but 40lbs in 8 months is nuts.

so, please tell me more about armour....why is it different then other hypo meds?

best to you,

bitten
I used to take prozac and it made all kinds of health issues.  I now take 5-htp. (5-Hydroxytryptophan) converts into serotonin like prozac is supposed too with out ill effects and is natural.  Every night before bed.  I have never had any side effects and feel great.  I use NOW brand.  They are veg. caps and come in differentt strengths.
hi,
i am seeing dr jagiella in rome georgia.
donner1
My mom takes synthroid.  Is armour availible in the U.S?  And is it a reg. prescription?  
Thanks for that. I have started on SAM-E.
Gonna see how that goes.

Also natural, of course.

Bitten
The difference between synthroid and armour is Synth is a synthetic hormone where as armour is taken from pig  also armour consists of both T3 andT4 hormone where as synthroid doesnt.  I hear that a lot of people have much better success with their symptoms with armour over synthroid. hope this helps
I am also on armour for my thyroid and started the HCG shots on 4/4/07. I am still confused on the diet issues. It seems unrealistic to do all the things in the KT book. I lost 3 pounds the first week but I am not sure if I am eating right.
Yes my doctor prescribes it all the time.. do some research I feel that it is a lot better for you if you have to take it.
Hey,
hey,
i just got back online...i love the armour and as a  matter of fact i lost weight just taking that ... before i started my hcg shots.  truly, it has increased my "get-up-and-go" and my body does not ache as it did before. i feel like exercising (though only in small increments of time). but before, all i could do is sleep, eat and then go to work. i am a psych nurse and yes, i know that some of the meds you were taking has side effects of weight gain. however, be sure to let your doc know that you are unhappy with the product and that you want to try something else. take care...
donner1
wish me luckk....any  1 with advice   i wold love it plz email me .....

h-26-***@****
Hello, new here!

I currently take 90 mg of armor thyroid for hypothyroidsim, and am planning to start the injections monday. I am strongly considering stopping my meds, but wanted to get any opinions from people in the same boat?

if you stopped to do the protocol, do you plan on starting again once you have lost the weight? or does the protocol help to reset the thyroid function as well?

thanks!
alexis
My wife is using HCG she has become a complete nightmare!  I wish she'd just not eat so much and exercise more.