Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HMR 800 diet?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HMR 800 diet?

hey has anyone in here ever heard of the HMR 800 shakes diet?
i have a friend who is in this program in which all you drink is shakes all day..anywhere between 5-7 a day as meal replacements and also they have snack bars..or entrees where they are like frozen dinners does it make sense to anyone? if you are on this diet supposly you can loose between 2-4 lbs a week could this work? has anyone in here tried it and had success keeping it off?
No that doesn't make sense. I know we are now the weight loss alternatives and the other guys are the natural ones, but come on. We do still want to be healthy don't we??!

I can see replacing one maybe two meals with shakes (I couldn't do it but maybe there are those who can) but it should NEVER be all you consume in a day every day. Even with snack bars. We still need balanced nutricious meals with fresh veggies and lean meats. Especially considering your nickname. Good luck to you.
i know..thas the same thing i said..i codunt do that i need to eat real foods!! i want to get preg. but the doc. told me i need to lose some weight first so i thought this would be a great way to lose like 40 lbs quick but i dont know!
thank you!!
I recently did a clinical research study and the 1st 6 weeks I was suppose to drink 5 of these HMR shakes a day.  The clinic provided me with the shakes.  I couldn't do it.  The shakes taste good, but come on, who can drink only 5 shakes a day and no food?  It amounts to less than 800 calories a day.
I didn't last very long in the study.
yeah i know my cousin is doing  it and she lost like 35 lbs in 1 month....so i was going to try it i know its not possible but well see!
wow 5 shakes crazy!!
This is a great program, medicially managed.  The 5 shakes a day is for only those who are being medically supervised and also includes a multivitamin you are suppose to take daily.  People on this program check in with a doctor weekly.  This program is for people who are seriously obese and have major health concerns.  There are certain criteria also that needs to be met...ie...physical, some blood tests and the like.

There are other plans within the HMR program, also medically managed or at home.  But the best is to be in touch with a medical facility to make sure you are not only losing weight in a healthy way but also making those lifestyle changes.  The food tastes great also.  I hope this helps.  You can go online and find a medical facility in your area so you can do this with support.  I think anyone could lose weight with the right program but it is about making those lifestyle changes to guarentee any life changing, permanent success.  Hope this helps.
Hi There,

My husband and I are doing the HMR diet. We are doing their Medically Supervised Program. The standard for this program is a minimum of 5 shakes a day or more. The prescription that the doctor gave us is for the 5 shakes, but we are allowed as many more as we want so as to not feel hungry. We can also choose to have any of the other meals they offer (entrees, soup, oatmeal and bars), on top of the minimum 5 shakes. We started one week ago today. At our clinic meeting last night, where we have our blood drawn, weigh in, blood pressure tested and we talk to the doctor qand then have our class, I lost 12 pound and my husband lost 10.5. It does work! The first week is REALLY hard though. But I feel good already and that is what will keep me going!
I'm on the HMR diet right now and in 2 weeks have lost 8 lbs.  It is a good diet and is getting me in control of portion sizes so Yay!  

I have 3 shakes a day and two entrees, but can have more if I'm hungry.  There are a lot of ways to flavor the shakes so there is variety and there are a lot of choices on the entrees.  And the food is DELICIOUS!  The portions are small, but there is enough and rarely have I had to add in extras.

It is expensive though.  So far it's cost me $100 a pound to lose the weight.  With my goal of 40 lbs, that would be $4000 if that rate continues.  

Rose