Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Hcg- side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Viewing 401-457 comments:
I have done 2 rounds of the hcg diet using the homeopathic drops and had a total loss of 32 pounds.  I did my first round in April '11 and the second round 6 weeks later.  About 3 weeks after the second round I started to have significant hair loss.  I am still experiencing hair loss and estimate my loss to be at about 60%.  Thank goodness I had lots of hair to start with!  I would recommend to anyone interested in doing this diet that you have at least 2-3 months between rounds and only do the rounds for the minimum 23 days.  Dr. Simeon does mention this as a possible side effect but I didn't realize he meant THIS much hair loss.  He contends that the hair will grow back... I hope so!  I loved the diet otherwise and didn't experience any other negative side effects.
can u tell me more about the supplement pkg.
There are NO quick fix diet solutions!!!!  

You need to educate yourself about healthy eating, and introduce exercise into your llife.

Don't even use the word DIET as this suggest just that, and when you fininsh the DIET you will fall back into your old habbits and put all the weight back on.  This will become an evil cirlce as you go throught this cycle over and over agian in your life. ( i bet you are already thinking this is what i do!)

You need to start cooking healthy meals, cut out the rubbish (you know what that is), eat more veg & fruit, try & stick to three meals a day with healthy snacks inbetween and exercise, even a brisk walk a few times a week can burn calories off!!  Allow yourself a few treats, if you are honest with yourself you will know what a few treats are!!

This will become a natural way of life and not a DIET, so the weight will stay off and you will feel a whole lot better about yourself.

This new HCG diet is just that, if you only eat 500 calories a day you are going to loose weight!!!  The HCG may just have an placebo effect on you!
This is an extremely low calorie diet 500 calories a day.  Think about it 500 calories is about a small portion beef chilli with brown rice!

So think about it, if this is all you are going to eat all day you ARE going to loose weight!!!!!!!!

And by reading all the side effects from other posts is it worth it!!!!!

This program saved my sister.  Her struggle with weight was endless.  She went on it first and lost 50+ pounds and is nearing her year anniversary of maintaining her weight. She used the 40 day plan and the drops.  I  lost 30+ pounds and the 28 day plan and drops.  I went from a size 12 to a 4.    We followed the Protocal with a few adjustments.  We have so much energy.  The only side effect I experienced was hair loss, she had none.  We are both in our early sixties and almost through menopause.  We just got tired of thinking we were going to be two chunky old ladies for the rest of our lives. We also stopped calling it a DIET.  It is now just a new way of eating.
While on the drops I found the vitamins very helpful and will continue  with them.  I also had no headaches or any other aches while taking the drops. I would also like to mention I was a bit of a naysayer.  It took my sister six months to convince me this program just might work.  I did alot of homework and research for recipes.  There are some great ones out there.
I have read the comments on this site back to June.  One question no one has addressed [except the last one] is what does this do to someone who has gone through menopause?  My primary doctor recommended a physician who gives the HCG shots.  I hate shots.  The under-the-tongue are so much more appealing. Does anyone know what the difference is?  I don't have 10-15 lbs to lose.  I have 80.  I don't want to be skinny, I just am tired of people being cruel and thinking that if you are over weight, somehow your hearing doesn't work either.
Hi, I'm thinking to purchase total trans4m hcg drops from overstock.com.Has anyone used these because i'm scared it's a scam. Can anyone tell me where they bought the drops from?Thanks
by the way i'm 5,5 165 pounds female and want to lose 35 pounds
I am 61 and have lost 70 lbs. in 4 1/2 mos. with the drops.  I have more energy than I ever have had.  I am soon ready to go on stabilization. No one I know has gained any weight back.  'This has saved my life and changed my life.  With the drops I take you do the diet without breaks until you reach your goal. They also have a Dr. on staff with good counselors to help you along the way. I have not had any side effects.  The 500 cal. is enough because the rest of the nutrition comes from your fat.  That is how you lose weight. Who knew that our bad fat is full of nutrition?  Also, my arthritis and psoriasis has also gone away.
Do not buy from the internet unless you know the company.  My friend ordered 2 bottles and got only one.  There were no ingredients listed so she wanted to return it and they told her she would have to return it to China.  I get mine from a reputable FDA approved U.S. lab.  There is also a Dr. on staff with great counselors.
Does anyone here have any knowledge of how calories work in your body?  Unless someone is a doctor you can actually get in a lot of trouble prescribing less than a 1200 day calorie diet, that is because it is scientifically proven that less than that is dangerous and your body actually goes into starvation mode and you are all amazed at the weight loss at a 500 calorie a day weight loss???  Do 500 calories a day without the urine from pregnant woman (that's what hCG is) and I promise you all that you will lose the same weight!  Any Registered Dietician would ever recommend a 500 calorie diet!  This diet has nothing to do with the pregnant woman’s urine you are all digesting or injecting, it’s the 500 calorie diet you are living on!  Exercise and 5 meals a day and maintaining your BMI for your activity will help you all lose weight.  You are all handing over money to doctors who have found a way to scam you all.
Thanks for your reply.Can you please tell me how i can get in contact and order these drops from a U.S lab? i live in Boston,MA.Does anyone know where i can get the real drops from around here? i'm really desperate to lose the weight fast and keep it off.Thankyou
I went to my local GNC, Walmart,CVS and Walgreens store to get the hcg drops but they don't contain any of the hcg ingredient even though they had hcg shown on the boxes.I'm really fustrated and i feel like the internet is the only place i can buy them from but i'm afraid of buying something that i don't know if its real or not.Please can someone help me?
I did the shots for two 20 day sessions and I lost 29 lbs in two months.  I was thrilled! However, after about one week off the diet I felt so hungry all the time and within two months I gained it all back.  It was expensive and I just wish it had stayed off.
Well I'll be the odd ball out here but I've had a positive reaction to the HCG 5000 drops.  It was advertised on the radio for a free trial so I figured I would try it.  It has decreased my appetite and I don't follow their diet at all...I still eat whatever I want but just in less portions and I work out.  In the 7 days that I've taken them so far I've lost about 13 lbs.  **And I was still eating less and exercising before I started the drops and my weight would either not move, barely go down, or increase.**
Ive kept the weight off for over two years....The diet is like a junp start..a second chance...and the diet takes alot of wll power.  It isnt easy. I am 5' 6" with a muscular build..in the military and always have worked out but I needed a good detox...alot of sodium from foods overseas.  I went from 190 to 148 in 40 days..I just dont eat packaged foods...I cook more at home and limit all the bad carbs...It teaches you how to keep up healthy eating and those who have gained weight after, went back to some or all of their bad habits,or had to take meds, or whatever..But the diet is not a quick fix.  I thought of it as a detox, and learned from it,applied all the tools and have had great success in keeping my weight off...Basically, common sense.  
Just started this diet ..still on my second day of loading...just a question..I have taken vit.B 12 small dosage   for a long time now...should I continue to take it..?
What health risks?
Actually there's a reason you only need 500 calories a day. The  HCG Drops cause your body to bust up the fat cells and then used the stored fat as nourishment for your cells. It does it in such a rate that on average people only need 500 calories simply because their body is getting some of the nourishment from their unhealthy fat stores.
The 500 calories consists of: low fat proteins such as chicken, veal, and whitefish and vegetables. I'm drinking up to a gallon of water through the day.  How can this be bad for you? Last time I checked those were the things we were supposed to eat. And as someone who has eaten the wrong foods for almost 35 years, it has not been difficult to stick to the 500 calories a day! Support us instead of bashing us please.
I took HCG drops I had purchased through GNC and had tremendous results following the 500 calorie diet.  In two and 1/2 weeks I lost 27 pounds and then woke up one morning not being able to walk or sit due to intense leg pain.  I ended up in ICU having emergency surgery to remove blood clots from the vein in my right leg and the ultrasound showed my leg was full of blood clots from the buttocks to the foot.  Since have been on warfarin and it was regulated good until I started taking the HCG again and now they are having problems trying to get the blood level regulated.  Today I did find one article about HCG and one of the rare side effects was bloodclots.  I threw the rest of my HCG out because the doctor's told me last time I was lucky to be alive and I don't want to chance it again.
I have graves disease aswell.  Did you talk to your doctor before starting the HCG?  I'm on tapazole and wondering if it would be safe.  Did any of your graves symptoms worsen/lessen? would love to hear back.
500 calorie diets are considered very unhealthy and it is a starvation diet.
HCG really helps you shed off extra fat and better you go fro HCG drops made from real homeopathic hCG as there are some HCG are made from non-homeopathic as well as hCG liquids combined with alternative ingredients which may result in side effects.
I have type 2 diabetes and I started the HCG x30 today.  You have to eat quite a bit the first two days then it's 500 calories or less.  If you take the HCG and follow a normal diet you will definitely gain weight.  I been dieting for about 2 months and I lost 29 lbs but I am having alot of trouble getting rid of any more.  The weight loss clinics won't give you the HCG IF YOU ARE A DIABETIC.  BUT I WENT TO GNC AND BOUGHT THE HCG X30 HORMONE FREE.  I HEAR ITS ABOUT AS GOOD AS THE OTHER.  ITS DROPS YOU PUT UNDER YOUR TONGUE AND WAIT 3=5 MINUTES THEN SWALLOW.  iT REALLY HAS MADE ME FEEL VERY FULL( NOT TO MENTION THE EXTRA FOOD I'VE EATEN TODAY)  IM GOING TO CRAM TOMORROW AND IF I DON'T LOOSE WEIGHT AFTER THAT I'M REALLY GOING TO BE VERY UPSET.
i started my diet Feb 5 2012< I  am taking the VOX HCG plus to tell i have PCS and thyroid disorder   over 20 years ago i had  the radiation therapy..well to date i haven't been to doctor i am on my maintanance just finished my first round..i have lost 30.5 pounds  and i feel great i have been monitoring myself I do go to aquacises 3-4 days a week also .thinking i could have lost more but will admit i did cheat  a little  the last  2 weeks..But as far as healthwise  i have been marking in a book and i found i am more relaxed  have lots  of energy and i don;t  think it wacked out my thyroid  i am still taking my meds  (metformin for pcso and synthoroid and spirolactone for my thyroid)everything seems good  have been off drops since Tuesday   haven't lost anymore since than but stabilizing it and going to  do a second round.. hope this  gives  you a little info,,
connie
Well if you have ever seen what 500 calories looks like you would definitely want the shot to help with hunger pains ...you wouldnt be able to stop yourself from eating...The shot assists with the hunger .....otherwise yes, we could all just do that
Check out the owl (Omaha weight loss) diet it has an updated version for 2012 :)
i have an underactive thyroid like you i find 500 calories enough, but sometimes your body needs fat to burn calories, it feels like my tummyhs stagnant and bloated  and windy  i find sometimes fish helps i eat proper fish when i have to eat two meals in the week with like eggs and potatoes, in 1 week i should eat 2 eggs some rice , wich i really never can get salads at tea but not always with a bun or meat sometimes with prawns but no sauce then thers just lettice cucumber spring onions tomatoes i have home made bread buns then i can put less sugar in it  and less salt or salt with iodine sea salt even not every one needs sea salt getting the rite diet for ones self is difficult, prune juice helps move puonds if you dring a litre a day
My friend is now on her 2d round on the HCG diet with amazing results.  I want to lose about 30 pounds and have been contemplating ordering the drops.  My friend is in her mid-forties, I'm 62, menopausal and my hair is thinning.  The only drawback I have is losing more hair and I can't afford that--I would be bald!!!!  My friend has thick hair and says she can't see any hair loss.  Anybody have  amjor hairloss?
When I first heard about hcg and protocol, I thought, well if anyone has 500 cal a day, anyone can loose weight.
Well not everyone can with stand 500 cal a day, hcg makes it happen
I was 147lbs before hcg, I exercise almost every day at the gym, u never know I am overweight at least to my standard, but my knees tell me so, one of them had to get physical therapy because it gave me pain.
I went thru hcg diet, 40 days, first 20 days, lost 17 lbs...at 130 it was great for me...the next 20 days I staggered 2 lbs more but I know I was adding more cal to my portion...ie, I was cheating...
After 6 weeks of first round, I am going thru  a 20 days hcg plus 3 more on the diet of phase 2. I have 1 more week to go, now I am at 125 lbs...very please with hcg.it helped make it happen for me
My goal was 115 but I will probably end  between 120 & 124...at 5'4", I am pleased.  I will let exercise take me down to my goal weight.
Lost fat in my mid areas, legs and boobs...lol
My hubby still loves me.
Make sure u have a physician or some one who know hcg to guide u before u start all these.
Good luck
Thanks for the post, our situation sounds similar.  I'm on day 10 and have lost 11 pounds.  I seem to be hungry a lot.  Would you mind listing some of the things you like to eat?

Anyone else:  I am on a sublingual drop 1x per day and am getting B12 compound shots 1x per week.  Weekly monitoring by a nurse practioner.
My wife and I used the hcg drops and we lost 49  pounds and 60 pounds respectively.  It worked great for us and we found ours online at http://www.hcgxtremeweightloss.com
I disagree that hcg drops do not work. My sister n law was over 200 lbs when she started taking them less than a year ago. She is now under 150 lbs. Hcg drops do work and even when used on young boys found that they help with weight loss.
I am not doing too well on losing weight this time around, but, am not sweating over it, cos I have been eating snacks n while helping a friends move, I joined in for snacks not in the hcg protocol... But, I have barely a week left, I have to finish it right. Tomorrow is 4 apples and 8 oz steak day, break my pleteau n help me to continue loosing.

Food is very simple, I try to stick to those suggested by the protocol handbook. I feel hungry too....drink lost of fluid...I drink herbal tea like chamomile tea, yogi detox is also great....it helps

You r doing great, I only lost 5 this time around...

I can't wait till its all over to head the gym
Before starting did you have any other medical issues?

io432
I agree with you because.I was on it for a while and yes for others out there doing this diet, it will seriously mess you up later. you will gain back mor than you lost. trust me it happened to me a and a few of my friends that also did it. this diet is crazy dangerous, and isnt the best for you. your body needs food to burn off fat , not the opposite where your starving yourselfs. I satrted the food program not a diet a food program where you eat more to exercise less and you lose lbs. its called Michael Thermonds the six week body makeover. i followed it and lost 10 lbs in a week just from eating more and exercising less. it great if you love food. it will also show you that when you eat crazy low cals. lik 500 cals a day with hcg. your body thinks it satrving it self. So your body will no matter what hold on to the food you eat , and stores the fat away. its your body trying to survive . this body makeover food program helps people with their own body type so it let you know what kinds of foods are compatable with your genetic body type. its fun , so instead of your body holding on to the food, your body with this program will burn it off. beacuse when your eating five small meals a day. you body says , oh i dont need to hold on to this food beacuse im getting more, and your body burns it. so your body no onger has to hold on to it to survive . and the more small meals you eat with the foods our compatable with youll lose lbs everyday, the right way. what else do you have to lose ,but more weight. i did it and feel better not being hungry all the time and not gaining back all that weight. please coment me if you would like to chat about it, or have questions. remember i was on hcg for a few years and just got tired of it being so strict esspecialy since my everyday life was so busy. please write me back , any of you. as long as it nice conversation. thank you Simachyahi.
Yes. Feel the same exact way with the tiredness. Although I felt more tired when taking the drops. Also, the day after I stopped taking them, I started getting dizzy spells. Not mild either! Full on, can't walk, grab a wall, stop the car type dizzy spells. There have been at least 5 episodes in the past 2 days. My husband has been very curious and cautious about the drops and now that he knows about these dizzy spells Im not sure he'll b on bored with me going another round, although I would b willing to, just to get those last pesky lbs off.
I am on day 13 of HCG diet, and have lost 17 pounds. I feel great. If I was losing from just the 500 calorie diet, I would be extremely hungry, irritable,and tired. This is not the case. I have a great mood, am not hungry, weak or tired. I had 1 day with sugar cravings. And today I have some thigh cramps, tightness. I added magnesium and potassium supplements and its much better. I think if you are serious, can stick to it, its a great tool for weight loss.  
The reason for the HCG is so that you don't lose muscle when you are consuming only 500 calories.  You burn fat.  I asked the same question since am in healthcare and do know how calories, etc. work.
I have high blood pressure and I will start  the hcg tomorrow I am afraid but I am tired of being fat
Yes! and I am on the pill!!! It's not listed in the side effects on any website though.
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR DOPS?
Homeopathic, by definition, means there is really no HCG in the bottle. Homeopathy is based on the principle that a highly diluted version of whatever is ailing you, will cure you.
I am just wanting to let you know I am also wanting to return the drops and they gave me an address for China!
Perhaps I have the wrong stuff?????
I am so confused!!!!
I did this diet last year & lost 14 lbs. Ufortunately, I gained it back because of my poor eating habit,
I just want to warn everyone that there are so many "fake" HcG out there!! I bought  it again from internet  from different company (the original one that I took already closed for business.) I took it for 2 weeks and never lost a lb! I was ripped off by that company.
Now, I consulted my doctor & gave me a diet food that I am following. More on stay away from red meat, no milk products, eat salad in daily basis, blueberry shake with soy milk for breakfast & eat dinner not later tha 8 pm. It worked and for 3 weeks, I lost 9 lbs! Very happy with the outcome and this is very safe.
I guess I'm more vegetarian now and became organic eater!
I took Omnitrition's version of the hCG drops and they caused problems with my heart.  I wouldn't recommed them.  I've had to have so many doctor's appointments because of these drops.
Has anyone experienced loose or sagging skin while on Releana..due to the rapid weight loss?
I have tried it for 60 days and worked out very well, but when i left, i kinda regained it, now i am not sure if it is due to change in my lifestyle or due to leaving the diet. Hair loss was significant and i dnt think they grow back. I would like to ask someone who is on this diet frequently, do they regain weight once they leave the diet.
I did 2 rounds of the Spray It Away diet and lost 52 pounds and have never been so healthy and happy. I have learned through the diet regimine various aspects of keeping the weight off - portion control, drinking more water, cutting down on carbs and sugars and limiting dairy. Kept the weight off going on 2 years now and have a whole new attitude about NOT gaining it back and keeping it off. This product was life saving for me. I was tipping the scales over 200 pounds! NOTHING worked before this and I had NO side effects....
Great comments, I'm in the HCG diet I stare on mid May 2013 I did 40 days I lost 26 lbs, then I'm in my second round so far I Have lost 35 lbs in total, I also experience the lost of hair but thank God my hair is tick. I feel god no side effects so far.  
I started on April first, diet and injection( I did cheated sometimes, but to today , I did lose 14 pounds. I'm so happy. By the way no more hot flashes since 3 days a go. My plan is for 43 days.
Thanks dr Goldstone and HCG. :)
And yes, I will recommend it to all women out there that are stock in gaining weigh does not matter what they do.
The diet is though, but is worthy.
Viewing 401-457 comments: