Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Hcg- side effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Viewing 201-400 comments:
I am 20 yrs old and weigh 253 lbs. I had a child at the age of sixteen and while in labor I was 200 lbs. After the baby I dropped down to approx 160 and was happy with my weight. However over the past 3 years I have just been gaining weight! My blood pressure has gotten high and my doctor is concerned and telling me to loose weight. Ive tried many diets and excercise and nothing. I have a friend using the HCG oral drops and she has lost 7lbs in 3 days. I want to try it and plan on ordering it this week. I would like to go from 253 down to 200 at least for now. Does anyone have any reccomendations or helpful tips. Anything helps and thank you.
I am currently using the HCG drops from *********.com and I am very happy with the results. Have been doing the protocal for 25 day and have lost 20lbs. There are no side effects that I can tell just losing weight and a rate that make you stick to the plan. So I say go for it.
Wow am in the same position..... i read about HCG and i was wondering if i should try it i'm 20, 200 pounds with high blood pressure. i need to get my pressure down and i need to get my weight off..i have read some bad reviews but mostly good ones. I would like to know if it's safe and where can i purchase it
I have had good results but I get major cramping in my legs. I've increased my potassium and water intake but still get the cramps. Any suggestions?
This diet is completely safe with little to no side effects. I just started it (again) 3 days ago. I did the HCG diet last year and lost 25 pounds. My advice: DO NOT deviate from the 500 calories in any way! As in -- DON'T CHEAT! It's not worth it. If you cheat, you will gain weight the very next day, and spend the following day losing the weight you just gained. Don't be stupid and lose 2 days. I had 1 vodka tonic and gained 4 pounds overnight. Be strong! :)
I say go for it.  I am over 40 and I completed the 40 day HGC drop diet, without cheating and lost 35 lbs.  I did have leg cramps a few times but found that adding potassium, magnesium and a good calcium plus d supplement to the multi vitamins and sublingual b; I had already been taking fixed that right away.  I feel great!  And I hear that I look great as well.  I been back to my normal diet for about 3 months now and have no re-gaining.  I still take the sublingual vitamin b drops, and the vitamins every day.
Angry comments don't sink. I personally was trying to decide if I should use it but I couldn't even finish reading the post because it seemed like a passionate rage. It's ashame because if the information is right it won't help anyone because anger isn't convincing.  Guess I'll have to result to another site for my research. (by the way this was to fightu35 and no offense to you, while your intentions may be good your means of communicating can put people off)
My husband and I started the HCG drops last Friday so we are approaching a week.  I have lost 10 lbs and he has lost 8.  The side effects we have experienced have been headaches, trouble sleeping and joint pain.  We found that all are common.  We spoke with our program director and were given homopathic options which helped with everything.  I had trouble sleeping before taken the HCG but was very happy to find a supplement that I could take instead of a prescription.  We are excited to get up every morning and see results.  I have no complaints and would recommend this as a very viable option for anyone who has a large amount of weigth to lose.  I weighed 257 when I started and am 5'5" tall.   I am taken the liquid drops which is working much better than the shots which I had tried before.
@Cutegagirl...My husband and I are also trying this HCG diet together as of Jan16 '11.  He has lost 8.5 lbs and I have lost 10.  Seems to be working relevantly ok, but we've been having splitting headaches.  What homopathic option was given to you by your program director that actually helped with relieving your headaches?
My husband and I started the HCG diet a little over a week ago.  I have lost right at a 11lbs.and he has lost around 15lbs. I have heard many people say do not cheat on this diet because it will keep you from losing weight .  I have cheated on this diet twice by having a little chocolate and I actually seem to lose more after I eat it.  Maybe it's just me.
I have been on HCG for two weeks and have cheated.  I exercised harder, out of guilt for cheating and did not gain.  I'm now following the diet and am losing 1 - 2 lbs a day.  
I have not seen any negative side effects yet, but I am going through one side effect that I really don't mind.  My breasts have gotten bigger!!!  So I'm assuming as soon as I get of the HCG, my breast will go back to normal.  Has anybody experienced this?
I'm about to begin the HcG drops but have no gall bladder and am a migraine sufferer.  I also have extremely dry skin before starting.  Does anyone know if these will be issues that will cause me to not be successful?
Just curious but if you havent even tried the diet how do you know if it works or not? Everyone these days are about money so people could be being negative about this diet so you pay them instead. And as far as anyone knows maybe your a partner betrayed by the founder and your out to destroy him. Im just saying you cant really take peoples words for everything sometimes you gotta try it out for yourself and make up your own mind about things.
@ rrtree  
My mom finished her first round of HCG in November, and she also has no gall Bladder...all she did was avoid lettuce, like she usually does.  I can't say anything for the migraines, except that aspirin is allowed on the diet, and sometimes you have to take what you need.  As for the dry skin, I've been on HCG for 10 days, and I have used curѐl as needed for mine.  Also mineral oil (baby oil) is allowed on protocol in moderation, and having been a dry skin sufferer in an arid climate for my entire life, I can tell you that it is one of the best things for dry skin.  Hope this helps.  
@ All
As for other side effects, I noticed some major muscle aches start about day 3 of P2.  I've since added a potassium supplement to my daily regimen and it has really helped.  I also suggest taking a daily vitamin.  We're only getting around 500 calories a day on this diet,, and for most of us that is less than a fourth of what were used to.  We can supplement the calories with fat, but we have to manually add in the extra vitamins and minerals that our bodies need.
My breast have not gotten bigger but they hurt as if i was pregnant do yours hurt as well?
Hi everyone! I am on the HCG drops and am on day 2 of the VLCD. I am back to my original weight before the loading phase today, yeah! I seem to be having side effects though. I am light headed, super tired and have a constant headache. I see cutegagrl mentioned you got remedies to some of these, can you share what they recommended for you?

I don't understand why you are trying these hCG injections or are planning to. How many actual case studies have been done? Have any of you done your research? I highly doubt it. This new weight loss miracle is just another hoax. There is no way that eating only 500 calories/day is healthy for you. The absolute lowest caloric intake is 1200. go any lower than that and you're going to be putting your body through something you'll regret. Also, losing weight too quickly is NOT safe. You're body will begin storing more fat in order to replace energy stores from too few calories. If you are serious about losing weight SAFELY, please contact your doctor and gat involved with a REGISTERED DIETITIAN NOT A NUTRITIONIST (my dog is a nutritionist). DON"T DEPEND ON MIRACLE DIETS AND DIET PILLS TO LOSE WEIGHT YOURE JUST WASTING MONEY.  THIS HCG THING IS JUST LIKE THE GREEN TEA DIET AND THE HOLLYWOOD JUICE DIET; YOU CANT FLUSH FAT AWAY, THOSE POUNDS YOU LOSE IS JUST WATER WEIGHT. YOURE BODY WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THE FAT IT HAS.
I dont know how anyone can say the injections work any better.  I have lost 80 lbs in the last two years of strenuous exercise and eating healthy.  Once I got close to my goal weight..within 25 lbs it seemed impossible for me to go any furthr.  I've been 25 lbs from my goal weight for a year now and trying and trying.  Well I heard about HCG from a coworker who lost 35 lbs in his first round and his wife lost 30..so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Sure I was very skeptical but thought what can it hurt besides the 60 bucks I paid for it.  Well that was only 5 days ago...I started on Monday January 31, 2011 and today is Friday Feb 4th.  5 days mind you.  Ihavent even reached my week yet..and I was hoping and praying to at least lose 7 lbs well let me tell you I am completely shocked and sold on this.  I have lost 12 lbs already in 5 days.  I dont know how its possible..I'm sure it has to slow down a bit..but at this rate I'll be at my goal weight before I know it.  I am so suprised that I'm not hungry or weak or tired.  My only symptom has been a headache which is controllable by taking advil.  Thats it.  The food is a little bland but hey I can deal with that for a period of time..this is wonderful...oh just want to say too...sorry if this is TMI but I'm also on my period this week.  I know it said not to take it during this time but I did anyway and  noticed it shortened my period too.
For all you naysayers, I know it's hard to swallow the fact that there is a method that may put a lot of other diet "solutiions' out of business because of its extraordinary effectiveness.
The drops are working very well for me. I'm on my 2nd round (lost 15 lbs) on the first round, but only stuck to it for 17 days) - I've been steadily losing a pound a day with no side effects except constipation. However the more water I drink, the less that is an issue.  My skin and hair looks healthier than ever, my blood pressure has improved and I rarely experience any tiredness. Best of all of course is that the rapid weight loss, and constant compliments  from your friends keeps you motivated!

I know 8 people who have done this diet with great success - and 2 of them did it over 5 years ago, with no residual problems and no weight gain. I believe that the more toxic your diet has previously been, the more likely you are to experience headaches (just like if you fast) - which is a good sign as it means the body is releasing those toxins. Yes, it's uncomfortable temporarily, but the long term benefits are well worth it, for health in general and of course your self esteem.

My homeopathic doctor has told me that you can also break up the 30 day cycles into 3 rounds (which makes it easier to deal with the social negative of being on this restrictive diet.). He assures me it's as effective:  2 loading days, 7 HCG500 days, 7 maintenance days,  2 loading days (yeehah!), etc.
I have a few questions:
1. Are there any medicines it has a negative reaction to?
2. What if one only wanted to lose around 30 or so pounds? Would the whole plan work or stop once you reach your goals?
Please email me at ***@**** thanks
I would like to start on the hcg diet drops but I am taking cholesterol medicine "Pravastatin Sodium" I am afraid of a negative reaction.  Any advice?
Hello everyone, I have a question about the drops.  I am not sure if anyone is, or was in, my situation before so I will ask.  I am not extremely overweight, I am a 21 year old male who weighs 170LBS and is 5 feet, 6 1/2 inches.  Three years ago, I was about an inch shorter and weighed 135LBS, with a normal amount of muscle.  Most if not all of the weight gain is fat.  I honestly do not exercise too much anymore due to my school schedule, though I have tried exercising for a month with a low calorie diet to no avail.  My questions is this, because I only have about 25-30LBS of body fat that I would like to loose(I also understand that by working out I will gain muscle weight), how much can I expect to loose with the oral drops?  I am prepared to lower my diet to 500 calories and workout for 1-2 hours a day everyday(if the plan calls for it everyday).

Also, can anyone recommend the brand name they used?  No need to link the site, as I think this forum will block it.  Thank you guys for your responses ahead of time, I will check back here every few hours or so, and once a day after a few days.

- Garrison
Hey there. I was reading your post and thought I would chime in. Everything I have read about the diet says not to workout. You are cutting back your diet and the energy is being pulled from your fat stores. Your protein intake is minimal and now would not be the right time to work out and potentially build muscle. I am not an expert by any means and I am on day 7 with six pounds lost. I am only planning to do this for the 23 day cycle and then if I can maintain it I will do another round in a couple months. My total weight loss goal was 35 pounds. I am hoping this will kick start that weight loss. After working out everday and cutting my daily intake to 1200-1500 calories a day I had only lost six pounds in three months. Good luck and I am doing the drops.
no, they don't hurt.  They are just getting fuller.  I'm hoping they stay like this!!
Weird! Mine were a little sore on days 5 and 6, then I did my weekly measuring today and I have lost almost 1 1/4" from my chest. Wish mine were having your problem instead. ;0)
I am concerned about HCG DIET I am 33 years old, I started diet phase 1 last summer weighed 150 lbs and 5'4"  I lost 17 lbs with 2 phases of the diet.  I supplemented with vitamins including Biotion, B12 etc. My concern is over the next 6 months I experienced significant Hair loss.  (not the normal 100 strands a day)  I proceeded to visit Dr.'s and had a full panel of labs drawn including thyroid levels.  The labs were all normal, I also experienced significant breast selling tendernous and even had a diaganostic ultrasound for a large lump I found in my breast.  The Dr's instructed me to stop HCG completely and increased my Biotin supplement for next 12 weeks.  It was scary very scary and I am wondering if anybody else has experienced the same side effects?  
I have been on hcg drops for one round, dropped 20 lbs the first round(21 days). Decided that I would try shots, to see if they were better, they had to be right? Spent less than $40 for the drops for first round, $499 for injections for second round! After two weeks on the shot, I ordered more drops. The injections didn't keep me from being hungry, like the drops did. In fact, appetite suppressants were offered, but after my round on the drops I declined them because I knew that the hcg should help with that. IMHO for me, give me drops! After two weeks back on my drops, I am hunger free, and losing two lbs average a day. Different things work for different people. There is also a difference in brands, I tried one that worked, one that didn't. BUT neither near as expensive as the prescription shots that didn't help. I suggest that everyone try the drops first, and try more than one brand if the first isn't helpful, BEFORE they spend their life savings for the shots. I spent $500 just to find out that what I was doing was great! No side effects, I am a 56 year old female, have lost 50 lbs, and have 30 more to lose! Life is good. ONE MORE THING--I feel so good, I may keep taking these just for the side effects, I am off of my anti-deppressant, and have no other problems, but energy I don't know what to do with!
were do i need to go get the hcg drops at?
i was wondering what exact name of drops u got and where u got them can u send me info at ***@****  why do u think the drops worked better
Appreciate your comments, HOWEVER, I, for one, did a lot of research on hCG before trying it - because of the nature of the protocol.  It's not another diet, it is a lifestyle change.  It requires dedication and concentration and it works.

It teaches us portion control (we must weigh everything that goes into our mouths); good food choices and balancing those choices (protein, fruit, vegetable, starch); and commitment (must stay on for a 23 day or 43 day program).

I'm glad that your program of exercise and healthy eating works for YOU, however, that's not the case for everyone (if it was, the rate of obesity in the country wouldn't be so high).
I am on day 11 of my 23 day round and I am stalled for two days now. I read everywhere that a stall for 4-5 days can happen and that the apple day is purely "psychological" (Dr. Simeons). So, just wondering if any of you experienced the stall and how long did it last? Did you do the apple day or did you just stick to the VLCD? I don't want to be discouraged but it's hard not seeing the numbers move.
I lost 63 lbs. in 80 days on the HCG shots and am extremely happy about it but I also lost tons of my beautiful long locks of hair which has depressed me severely. Everyone needs to know that you have a very large chance of losing a lot of hair. It has been 3 months since I am off of it and my hair is still falling. It is very disturbing. You have to decide which is most important to you. Also your skin does dry out a lot too. I am hoping that by taking 2500 mcg. of biotin 2 times a day and 25 mg of iron once a day will help stop my hair from falling out. I have been taking them for the 3 months but it still hasn't kicked in. I do see regrowth but it's still falling out in other places now. My advice to all is to take all your vitamins except the oily ones. DON"T STOP TAKING VITAMINS!!! Women should take a prenatal with iron since it contains everything you need while pregnant to help you with deficiencies plus 5000 mcg. of boitin daily. Good Luck!
I did the HCG diet last year.  It worked great.  Then I got sick.  The protocol is to not take vitamins.  My vitamin A and Vitamin D were dangerously low after the diet.  Then I got shingles.  Doctors say it was because my immune system was taxed.  (Could it be the 500 calorie a day diet?)  Then I put on weight.  Went to an endocronologist.  Routine exam found a small lump.  CANCER- Thyroid Cancer.  No history at all in the family. I can't blame HCG entirely but it is certainly a large consideration.  Don't do this drug!!!!!
hey all:  My wife is 60 and im 52, both very health conscience.  We are in the beauty industry and do every diet that comes out and talk about food and diets all day long:>...I really dont need to lose weight, maybe tighten up the middle age stomach fat, and my wife would like to lose around 30 pounds.  So we start seeing our clients lose weight and talking about this doctor recommending and selling hcg program(he charges 246 for the set up)..My wife got a first set up from him, and then I went on the internet and found the whole set up much cheaper. (very homeopahic)...
One of the last comments said her program said no vitamins.  Where did you ever see that.  With any great weight lose you had better be taking in lots of water and vitamins or you will definately have problems like hair loss and poor health.  Never ever starve your body of vitamins.  

My wife is taking: xymogen: methylcobalamin (b12 and we love it) one a day....numedica: mineralplex 2-2 times a day....numedica: multimedica for women 2-2times a day....numedica: dual-tox dpo 2-2times a day if constipated or if she cheats....the hcg is from health yourself: the 2oz bottle says hcg in big letters and then 12x,30x,60x right under that on a gold label..keep searching internet sites for hcg until you see this bottle..

My wife is following the 500cal diet on the internet, I am to active to be at that low of a cal. intake....I am supportive of her in our meals but I do take in more of what would be considered a normal meal size, although no carbs, just more protein and vegies than she is doing.
Results:  she is losing 2 pounds a day so far.  I have lost 6 pounds(my goal is only 10 pounds off)  BUT: my blood pressure which is usually at 140/95 is down to 110/81(not taking any other medications) can only contribute that to the hcg and vitamin b12 (im not supplementing with other vitamins since my food intake is about normal) and I have a 1 pak going on (yes that is 1/6 of a six pak stomach:>) actually feel tighter in the mid section.  Energy levels are way up and my wife is actually sleeping through the night(if your over 50 you know how great that must be)  And not trying to be crude, but my sex drive is up and ejaculations are stronger.
Just talked with my wife, no head aches or cramps in legs.  Basically no side effects have been seen.   If we had bad diets and needed to lose large amounts of weight, I would assume that when the build up of toxins in the body started to release, you would definatly see skin eruptions(like achne (acne)) for a little while.
good luck to you all, but with any diet LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.  This diet may cause different aged people to react differently.  Why, hormones. Were playing with a hormone, and it probably may effect homone levels in your body.  From my experience listening to women, any change in hormones causes other changes.  hormones up or down seem to effect thyroid levels ect.  LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, if it doesnt feel good, this may not be for you...My wife and I are very happy and feel GREAT.  Were ok on this diet.  Diets are all about finding what works for you and your body..
I just started hCG today.  It says to take 6 drops 6x a day. I have hypothyroid and take Levoxil 150 mg a day.  Does anyone know if this will cause a problem?  It doesn't say anything about taking a break from it. When I ordered it, they also sent me B12 sublingual. I need to lose 100+ pounds.
Is this really effective?  I need to lose about 50 lbs and this seems too easy.
80 days????? hair loss is a side affect which often happens with HCG but I never heard of this diet going for 80days I also think changing Dr simeons protocol is ridiculous, not saying you have but I have read lots of peoples opinions on adding this doing that. If people don't get the right information and research it I think they need to look elsewhere. I have gone to a specialized clinic that prides themselves in the knowledge of weight loss especially HCG and  have had a very positive reaction to this diet, I have done it twice now. It is not just about losing weight!!! You are detoxing your body from all the crap you put in it and resetting your entire metabolism so when you finish your 24 days or 60 You learn to eat like you did on the diet but times it by 3! I have not gained any of my weight back and am maintaining at least trying the best I can with a healthy diet. I made sure to understand this diet and read all about Dr Simeon and made sure to go to a clinic and know what I was doing before beginning! Good luck to everyone. I loved this "quick fix" as I did it correctly!
This is so true I have yoyo dieted all my life then because of the quick fixes I had a eating disorder and was starving myself All these models and people that you see in magazines are destroying there bodies because there starving it actually there messing up there matabilism and dont even relize it I know this because I did it sense I was 15 years old now 13 yrs later I gained the wieght I lost plus. Some these diets dont work they are very harming to the body how you know when your not recieving the right nutrition in your body is you lose your teeth enamil have ridges in your nails from lack of calcium lose hair become moody and pick through your food at every meal  and then make a bathroom trip these actions are from a eating disorder watch for these symptoms danger danger danger! I was in it and went through it now I am here sharing my testomony with others. Im doing the right way now cut my calories exercise and are journalizing everything that I put in my mouth for food plus its very important to drink at least eight 8oz glasses of water everyday this will help you lose the quickest healthiest way God Bless
You need to go to a doctor and have blood work done before starting the HcG drops. You need to take Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Calcium & multi Vitamins and get a prescriction for Potasium, very important. Do not use any oil based vitamin or any oil on the skin while using the drops. You have to have your Uric Acid levels checked to avoid Gout and call you doctor if you have painunder your lower right rib cage, it may be a galbladder issue. It is also important to LOAD up for the first 2 days on high fat food, as much as you can eat, it helps to sustain you through the diet and helps avoid cramps, naussea, lightheadedness and fatigue. Drink at LEAST 2 liters of water a day. It is also important to do a MAINTENANCE PHASE for 3 weeks following the drops or shots. It consists of a wide variety of proteins and veggies that are not allowed on the diet with the drops. NEVER START A WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM WITHOUT GOING TO A DOCTOR! and GOOD LUCK. I have lost 26 pounds in 16 days so far!
I began HCG by working with a doctor to explain everything.  You can't be too active for HCG or 500 calorie diet because your body is dumping 2000 stored fat calories daily.  You have stored vitamins that your body is releasing also.  It is not a drug but a natural hormone that won't hurt you.  Your body will be deprived of B12 so you should get B12 injections with your HCG.  I received a B12 shot once a week.  My doctor told me it is because your body is lacking amino acids because of not getting beef.  Some people actually begin with beef in their diet. My Vitamin D was extremely low before I began the HCG so I took 10,000 units of Vitamin D.  I was never hungry but I did the injections not the drops.  This way more of the hormone went to my body and didn't get processed as food and digested or wasted.  Many people on the drops have told me that they were hungry.  I would not know anything about the drops.  I have lost 33 lbs. in one month and I have increased my metabolism, lowered my cholesterol, and lowered my sugar/glucose.  I took a break and went through phase 2 of the protocol and I am starting another round as of today.  I want to lose another 30 lbs.  Please research everything and ask questions.  Most important to have a doctor who can help you with it in the beginning.  This time round, I purchased the shots online.  i know what I am doing and I know it is safe.  Cramps will happen if you are not drinking the proper amount of water and taking the fiber.  Headaches can happen from not enough water also.  I don't drink less than a gallon of water a day.  If anyone has questions, I will try to help with what I know from my experiences.  Just ask!
Hi, I just started the homeopathic hcg diet on Feb. 17, 2011.  I was very excited but skeptical that the homeopathic version was real or just a hoax.  So much so that I became obsessed with all of my body's different reactions.  I experience major insomia, and panic attacks. I think the panic attacks came from the fact that I was in SEVERE hypoglycemic shock and didn't recognize it.  I thought I was just feeling bad for a couple of days while my body adjusted.  The hypos symptoms weren't typical, like when I was eating sugar regularly, so I didn't recognized this.  Turns out my Dr. said this diet is ok for most, but people with diabetic or hypoglycemic problems need to be monitored.  Because even though you are burning your fat stores, your body isn't turing them into the sugar fuel that we hypoglycemics need.  I always thought no sugar was the way to go for me..... guess not.  I will say, I am sad that I can't do this diet b/c I lost 6 real pounds in two days and felt great after the first day of vlcd.  So don't ignore the warning to consult your dr.  I wish I had been monitored more closely.  After all I went through, my husband and dr. won't let me even get near hcg diets.  
Where can locate clinic or doctor in Wisconsin area for HCG injections
I, too have hypothyroidism and have been on synthroid 150mcg for years.  I started hcg in November and only stayed on it for 2 weeks and lost 15 pounds.  The reason I quit the program early is b/c, in my opinion, I didn't load correctly and was starving.  I could have eaten my cat by the 14th day.  Also, and most importantly, I had reached my goal weight.  
The good news is that I went to see my primary care physician soon there after and she lowered my synthroid to 136 (or 137, I can't remember).  Anyway, unfortunately, I chose the wrong diet plan for me after the program and gained back 8 pounds of the 15 that I lost.  So I am on Round 2.  I am on day 4 and feel fantastic!  I loaded correctly this time and feel that has been the difference.  I am not hungry at all.  
Synthroid and my multi-vitamin are the only meds I take while on hcg.  Hope you are doing well on the program.  You will LOVE the results!!
Got the HCG drop did not receive the diet anyone know where I can get the diet????
I love HCG, it works amazing!! I lost 18 lbs in 20 days!! www.realhcg4less.com, great place to order.  
Hello! I am very interested in stating the drops but was a bit scared. It seems like everyone is having great results! I did read that your are not suppose to exercise during this diet. I started exersicing 3 times a week last week. Is that going to make me gain more weight if I use the drops? What about eating healthier, not a diet (just healthier choices)? Please advise!
Read "Pounds and Inches" by Dr. Simeon...it is his diet and he explains really well how it works.  Here is a link to one of the online copies...

http://*****************.com/documentation/

Also, NO, you can't just eat healthy while taking the hcg...you will gain weight, not lose.  You really MUST follow the protocol or it will not work for you and you will gain the weight back quickly.  It is an easy diet to do, but is very sensitive, so if you want good results, you really need to follow the instructions in the manuscript.  If you are doing the homeopathic drops as I am, you can also use the "HCG Diet Guidelines" also found on the link above.  It is a simplified version, but if you want to understand HOW and WHY the diet works, you need to read Pounds and Inches.

I have an appointment on Thursday to consult for the HCG drops/spray.  I have been taking phentermine for the last 5 weeks and have lost about 13 lbs.  Nothing major for side effects, just can't sleep very well.  But I wasn't sleeping very well before the pills either so I don't blame the pills.  Was thinking about doing both the pills and drops at the same time, but, after researching I think I will drop the pills until the end.  Does anyone have a recommendation on how to wean myself from the pills?  Been taking 37.5 mg for 5 weeks.
   It seems like everyone is saying that you have to stick to a 500 Calorie diet, I've had enough education to know that that is not generally healthy (though it can be fine for some people), plus I KNOW I couldn't stick to it. I want to try it but if I generally keep my same diet... maybe about 1500 Calories a day will it work at all??????
   I would still be more than happy losing half a pound or so a day, 3-4 a week, rather than what they say you'll be losing:  1-2 pounds a day, 7-14 a week.
   Also drops or shots, what's the consensus??
No, sorry, but 1500 cals a day will make you GAIN while doing HCG.  Trust me....I have been experimenting with what can and can't be done for the last 8 months.  

You really CAN do 500 a day and not be hungry.  Please read Pounds and Inches so you will understand WHY it works....If you haven't read it, then the diet makes NO SENSE to those of us who have studied nutrition for years.  But once you understand what HCG does for you, you will understand why 500 a day and only the foods listed is so important.

The short version is that you have 3 kinds of fat...compare them to your finances.  You have a checking account for immediate use, a savings account for emergencies, and long term investments to keep the extra that you don't anticipate needing but are last resources in dire need.

Same with your fat stores.  But when you are dieting, you don't want to lose your checking and savings fat (structural and extra for sick days fat)....you want to burn that long term investment fat that sits in your belly and hips and you don't just want to shrink the cells, you want to burn them completely up!

The HCG allows you to do that....it is a hormone that tells the body that is it okay to access that long-term investment fat.  So by eating the 500 cals/day and taking HCG, you are providing both a need to burn fat PLUS making the fat available for burning.

Hope this makes sense.  And I swear to you...you really will be satisfied on 500 a day if you follow the protocol correctly...and the load days are SERIOUSLY important to do right.  Eat High Fat foods those days, not carby foods, and it will make ALL the difference in your success.

I have found that eating more the 500 cals a day is really more about boredom, emotions or habit than due to actual hunger.  

Also, I prefer homeopathic drops because 1) they are way cheaper ($20/bottle which lasts about 1.5 months), 2) they are easier to do, and 3) I have a genetic disorder that prevents me from taking normal hormones and the homeopathic drops don't trigger the dangerous response.
I already have thin hair & I m soooo worried about doing this diet & lossing more,what should I do?
Just started the VLCD on March 1. Just one question:During the two gorge days, I gained nine pounds (I can really put away the fatty, junk food). When I figure how much weight I've lost, should I count from Day One of the drops, or from Day One that I started the VLCD? When I started the drops I was at 304 then 308 then 313. After one day of the VLCD down to 308. So have I lost 5 lbs (313 to 308), or still 4 pound to the negative (304 to 308)?

And when Dr Simeons says a max of 34 pounds per round, would that be from my original (304) or my high point (313, after the gorging)?
Over 20 years ago I suddenly gained 100lbs.  I look like I
have a moon face, swollen hands..I suspect now I had cushings.
I went from doc to doc and no one would help.  I have been on
every diet, did every exercise program.  No luck losing weight.
It was found that I have pituitary adenomas.  I truly believe my
pituitary and hypothalmus is damaged.  Does anyone know if its
safe for me with these adenomas...and I truly believe this may
be the only chance I have of losing weight.  Nothing else has
worked.  I was even in the hospital for a week on 600 calories
and gained 5lbs.
Wow - that is a tough one....I am pretty messed up medically myself and tried everything.  Gain weight on everything I eat and this has been my miricle answer.  However, I take the homeopathic version rather than the shots or sublingual.

Since my body is very sensitive to hormonal changes which causes clots, I have to be careful with such things.  My naturopathic doctor felt I should be okay on the homeopathic version because in her words, "the drops are so diluted that the hormone no longer exists...just the energy from the hormone".  Not quite sure that I get that concept, but it is working and I've had no clots, losing weight fast and not hunger (as long as I stick to the protocol that is and that is another subject altogether.)  :-)

If I were in your position, I would consult a naturopath who has worked with the homeopathic drops.  And if they are not sure, then perhaps a specialist in the HCG field.

Good luck to you....I do understand how you feel...this was my last hope as well.
Yes, it is that easy.. I had an undiagnosed hypothyroid for 6 years or more. I gained over 50 lbs from this being undiagnosed. I am 40 years old and had 5 children. After my 5th child, I was as active as a mother of 5 children in sports. Did not exercise regularly. I am 5"4 and after my fifth child weighed 135 lbs. I have always been that weight. Got up to 185 lbs over the past 6 years..I joined a bootcamp, exercising 3 times a week for 2 hours each day, we did a "Biggest Loser" at my job, in which I ate and drank the same foods as everyone else.. I gained weight. I have finally gotten my thyroid at a good level after 8 months and did not lose a pound. My aunt has been a nurse for 30 years and my other aunt is a nurse practitioner, they have both done the diet. One, the injections and the other oral. Both have had tremendous success.  I started the diet 1 1/2 weeks ago. I only weigh myself 1 x a week. After the first week, I lost 7 lbs, I am on my second week. The first week is hard, but I was warned by my aunts that I would crave sweets and carbs and to just get thru it. I cheated a little, but stayed on the 500 a day calorie diet. After 2 days, my clothes no longer fit snug. Now they are very lose and I can't wait to weigh myself next monday.   The diet is hard to stick too. I am not overly hungry, I just want some bread.  I am having very bad leg cramps. But I called my aunt, and she told me to take a potassium supplement, a good multi vitamen, and Calcium with D3 right away. I started that yesterday. My legs still hurt, but I will give it a couple of days to see if that levels out. I have also had lots of energy, and sleep through the night, which hasn't happened in years. I feel great.
I think it is from the very first day you start the diet. That's what I understood from what I read. I also started the drops on March 3rd and gained 2 pounds. I started the regular diet today so hopefully I will have great results! Day 1 of 500 calories so far so good!
Regarding hair loss:  Since HCG is a pregnancy hormone it places your body into pregnancy levels of this hormone.  For anyone who has ever been pregnant, after you give birth it is totally normal to lose a lot of hair as your levels return to normal, truth is you probably didn't lose the normal amount while you were pregnant or on the HCG and now you lose it afterwards.  It is most likely the same amount of hair you would have lost anyway, it's just more noticeable now since it's happening at once.  The hair will grow back.  When I gave birth I lost TONS of hair and thought I was going to end up bald, but not the case.
Well, so far thru 5 days of the VLCD, I have gone from 313 to 298.

No hunger, headaches or other side effects so far.
Deb, you gave great advice. My question to you is...i have had considerable itchy spells from head to toe coming every 12 hours or so.also after i walk about an hour each day i feel very fatigued. I have been drinking the teas and about 1/2 gallon a water a day. i am taking some vitamins. First question is what do you recommend that i do secondly, have you read of these side effects from anyone else. i have lost 14 lbs in 7 days, but between the fatigue and itching I have been tempted to pull back. please reply!
Has anyone experienced or know someone who has experienced a personality change with this diet??
hello... i am a 31 year old women weighing at about 225 lbs.  I am trying to get pregnant but my doctor says its my weight that is preventing me from doing so. So i really need to lose this extra weight.  I currently have a pacemaker and have had two previous heart surgeries ( one when i was 2 and the other when i was 11, this last one was an asd repair). and two years ago it turned out i needed a pacemaker, anyways i've been fine ever since.  and well obviously due to my medical history it has been really hard to find any sort of medication to help me lose all this extra weight.   The hcg plan is my last resort, but due to my past medical history, i have to make sure its safe.  I really want to try this hcg stuff, please if anyone can relate to my story please let me know, if anyone has any useful information i would really appreciate it. IM DESPERATE! I NEED HELP! thanks :)
Please read this.... The cramps in your legs you feel is blood clots starting . This diet drug says side effects is blood clots. You should contact your dr if you feel this in your legs. Plus really really read up on this. It will work but there is some stuff that will hurt ya later in the long run. I have spent over 90 hours reading everything i can on this and i have to say -NO thank you
I know the old fashion way is working it out and eating better.
Please don't blanket the cramps as blood clots!!!!!!

The reason blood clots are associated is because HCG effects your hormones the same way birth control and pregnancy does.  There are many people out there with a genetic disorder that is rarely diagnosed.  (it is estimated that about 30% of the population are carriers and about 10% has the full disorder.)  The gene was only discovered in 1998 and most doctors pass it over.

I know this because I am one of those people.  I have had MANY blood clots all relating to hormonal changes from birth control and pregnancy.  I was blessed to have found a doctor who specialized in this and got me on the right track.

I have been successfully using Homeopathic HCG since last summer with NO CLOTS but lots of cramps.

CLOTS AND CRAMPS DO NOT FEEL THE SAME!!!!   Believe me there is a HUGE difference.  Clots are a dull ache that gradually gets worse over a couple days and that produce sharp pains with quick foot movements....much like a pulled muscle.  Cramps actually feel better when you stretch out the muscle where that same action would make  clots hurt more.

I have always had cramps when losing weight (which I have fought to do for 20 years now) and have yet to determine if it was lack of water, salt, potassium or some other mineral or if it is just my muscles adjusting to the reduction of fat that surrounds them.

I can not vouch that the shots or sublingual HCG methods won't produce clots (if you have the genetic disorder), but the homeopathic version has proven safe for me.  I normally get my clots immediately upon the hormonal changes, and I have not had a single one, despite no longer being on blood thinners to control them.

For those that don't know the difference, Homeopathic HCG, as my doctor explained it to me, is where they water down the HCG hormone (i.e. 1 part HCG to 12 parts water), then mix it (or kind of pound it) until the HCG particles are super small and thoroughly mixed in.  Then they do it again (i.e. 1 part diluted mix to 30 parts) then again (1 part double diluted mix to 60 parts water), until the hormone is broken down so much that it no longer exists as the hormone, but only the "energy" of the hormone remains.  (My numbers are probably incorrect, but I was just trying to get my point across - you will see on the bottles something like this to define the dilution: " hCG 12x, 30x, 60x")

I don't pretend to really understand the concept of "the hormone no longer exists, but it's energy is still there" and many people will tell you that Homeopathic doesn't work.  

But I am living proof that Homeopathic HCG works just as well as the shots or sublingual and it does not produce the clotting effects which may or may not be associated with the "real" stuff.

I CAN say, however, that leg cramps and clots do not feel the same and it is dangerous to assume that this will cause clotting in everyone or that all cramps are clots.

For many people, including myself, this is a last hope for freedom from the pain of obesity.  Please don't take that away from them when you have not experienced the miracle of HCG yourself.

Everyone, please express your views from your own experience and not from all the information that you have read.

Blessings on everyone who have given this a try and are working thru it.
I live in Tampa Fl, can any one tell me where I can get these miracle drops =] I've been taking phendimetrizine (appetite suppressant) on a no carb diet.. which works, just not as fast and I have many side effects.  Thanks for everyone's input! One quick question though, once getting off of HCG, did you immediately gain weight back regardless of what you ate or how you exercised?
You don't gain the weight back if you follow the protocol.  The whole process is supposed to reset your hypothalmus so that you can eat normally.

But after the weight loss phase, you go thru a transition phase where you eat higher calories, but still restrain the carbs for about 3 weeks while your body adjusts.  If you gain a pound or two, you have a "steak day" until you are back at the weight from the last HGC dose day.

Read Pounds and Inches....it explains the phases thoroughly and how they work to keep the weight off.

As for the HCG, I get my homeopathic drops thru my Natropathic doctor.  She says if you are going to get homeopathic drops, make sure they are "medical grade".  You do not need a perscription for them, tho.

I don't know where to get the other shots or sublingual stuff....there are a lot of references on line or you can check out the  hcgsupportgroup . com website....there is a lot of sources on there.   Personally, I would start with a doctor if you can find one.
This is the dumbest diet I've ever heard of... and you're just going to blow up like a whale when you're done. It's not the drops/injections that make you drop the lbs; it's the 500 cals/day. You might as well call yourself anorexic... and you can't stick to the "plan" forever because your muscles and organs will deteriate inside you. I have a friend that did this stupid diet, and yes, she lost about 30 lbs in a month... but she couldn't even lift a freaking bowling ball (literally) while doing it. That's pathetic. As soon as she felt that she was at her ideal weight, she began a normal, healthy diet regimant... and guess what? She gained all the weight back, and more. She has issues with her period now, and her headaches are so severe she has to be medicated daily. This diet is so ridiculous. What ever happened to getting off you a$$ and working out? Or eating right? Try Weight Watchers... it's healthy and I've lost 35 lbs in 3 months... which is healthy. I've also started a strict fitness cycle. It's not that hard. Taking a drop or injection might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. People are so lazy. Good luck to you all!! Hope you don't die of a blood clot or gain 100 lbs when you're done! Get a clue.
Careful, your ignorance is showing

I am very happy for you that Weigh Watchers works.  Obviously HCG is not for everyone, but there is WAY more science to it than just a low cal diet......read Pounds and Inches if you want the science of it explained by the Doctor who created the program.

I will not waste my time going into my specific history, but I am hardly lazy and I did not gain weight by eating a gallon of ice cream a day either.  I have struggled with my weight all my life and I was the only fat child in a family of thin people.  I exercised religiously and would gain weight on 1300 cals a day.  I have always eaten whole foods, not processed and much of it was home-grown.

To be so vile and harsh with people who have found success on this diet just blows my mind.....can't you just be supportive and happy for them?  For most of us on this, we are just happy to have found something that works and the fact that it works fast is just a bonus!
Thank you so much for the info.  I appreciate it all the knowledge ACTUAL USERS of HCG are giving.... not those speaking from the experience of their cousin's, sister's, best friend's neighbor's, 3rd cousin.
Started diet three days ago. Went from 199 lbs. to 193 in only three days. My water redention swellingdisappeared from my hands and feet.
follow diet to the T. Drink lots of water Side effects so far: hunger pangs if no snack inbetween meals, cramps if no water drinking, minor headache  first day but completely gone, nipples with mild tenderness, skin on hands feel little dry but relieved with baby oil used in moderation.  
I am on the homeopathic drops and I was losing a lb a day and now it is going down to half a pound the last few days.  I have not changed anything and I am so tired I can't stand it!! Any thought thanks!  I have not cheated at all so I am confused!

Thanks to all I don't want to give up!
Don't give up!  Yes, that is to be expected.  My doctor told me to expect 1 pound a day for 1 to 2 weeks then about 1/2 pound from then on....I average about .8 pounds a day when I stick to the protocol and don't cheat (which is really hard for me.)  But even at 1/2 pound a day, it is still much faster than any conventional plan you will find, so don't get discouraged.

As for feeling tired, that could be lots of things.  Your body needs sleep and it is important while you are losing weight to get enough of it.  If it's more like physical tiredness....like no muscle strength, then that is a different matter.  My doctor has me on a multivitamin and mineral as well as B-complex.  I have felt fine and even energetic, other than being sleepy.  But my sleepyness is due to my springtime allergies and poor sleeping conditions.

Don't give up....it will come off and even at 3.5 pounds a week, that is better than where you are today, right?!?!
Hi Everyone.  I would really like to start the HCG diet but where should I get drops/injections?
So, where are the best sites to find the drops and does anyone use them through a clinic?  I have been checking this out constantly for the past 2 hours and I think I'm ready!!  There are a couple of clinics in my area, but not sure that's necessary.  Any help is greatly appreciated, negativity is not needed!  

Oh yes, what is the after-care??  Thanks so much!!!!
I cannot be a resource, but I can give you some ideas.

First, decide if you want to do the shots, sublingual drops or homeopathic drops.

Shots can be found thru your doctor or online, but I would recommend getting a refereal from someone who has been successful so that you get good quality.

Sublingual....there are several online companies that have their own product....Releana is the only one I have heard people recommend, tho.  I considered them myself, but decided to get the homeopathic drops instead.

Homeopathic drops are the cheapest option and are probably best found thru a naturopathic doctor.  Often, the doctor will have their own mini-store in their office which sells vitimins, supplements and natural remedies.  You can see if they will sell to you even if you are not a patient.

Finally, check out the hcgsupportgroup.com website....there are a lot of souce suggestions there.  Good Luck!
Hello, i just want to say HCG drop is wonderful! 3 of my girlfrends and i started on new years on the diet and it was ruff i must say the first week my hardest day was the 3rd day boy i wanted to eat regular food bad. but i went the first week and then my body was use to it . was the best thing i lost 19 pounds in 23 days . I still have 10lbs to reach my goal so i will be going on it again in april, want to be ready for summer this year! my side effects was very dry skin that is pretty much it. i would tell anyone to try this it will change everything for you.
Thank you so much for the information you posted.  I am just getting started. Really helpful.
Hi.  I've been on this diet for 3 weeks now and I'm a little perplexed.  I've been following the eating exactly, not once cheat. The first 7 days only lost 5 lbs.  The 2nd week, lost 7 lbs, but the 3rd week, 0!  I don't get it.  Is this normal?  Some say that people hold onto their fat sometimes, then once it releases, it just goes fast.  I could excercise, but I was told that I didn't have to at this point.  I'm taking the shots and under a doctor's care.  I've experienced few bowel movements and have been taking a multivitamin, calcium/magnesium, acidopholous, and potassium.  I'm starting today to add natural vegatable laxative to see if that helps.  I think i'm doing around 600 calories/day per the doctor, no more than 700.  This alone should allow the weight loss, but for some reason, it's stuck.  Any suggestions or comments on whether I am just odd or give it some more time?  Thanks
There are warnings by the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition that hCG is neither safe, nor effective as a weight-loss aid.

A meta analysis found that studies supporting hCG for weight loss were of poor methodological quality and concluded that "there is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss or fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being".

It's crap in a bottle, don't waste your time and money. Go to the gym and eat a balanced diet.
I stared today, I dont know what to expect, I want to lose 20 pounds, so here we go. day 1, 164 pounds
I took my morning drops, and an hour later...
I ate 1 hard boiled egg for breakfast, and 1 more for a snack three hours later, 2 eggs for lunch, and a small hamburger patty for dinner, with boiled asparagus, with black coffee and water when ever, and more drops through out the day as recommended.
lets see what happens
Not sure what to do. Started the homeopathic drops one week ago. Gained 5 lbs during the fat load up days and have lost that 5 lbs in the first two days but have not lost anymore. I forgot the rule about not using hand cream and have done so. I do not cheat with the food restrictions. I haven't gotten my period even though I should have. My breasts are extremely tender. Then two days ago I ended up so dizzy that I have been vomiting - a lot. I can't work, I can't live my life. I am mostly in bed. What gives? Is it a coincidence or should I give up the HCG? My doctor states that he knows nothing about this program. Right now I am off the drops and eating whatever doesn't make me vomit.
I am sorry you are not having a good experience so far.  But I can relate to what you are saying.  I am not saying this is what your body is doing, but this is what MAY be happening.

First, you are about to start TOM so you will be having the typical PMS symptoms of water retention and breast tenderness.  For me, about 1.5 weeks before I am due to start, I stop showing the loses on the scale because I am retaining water.  The water is usually held in my breasts which is what causes the severe tenderness.  Then shortly after I start, my body releases all the water and I lose as normal.

If your TOM is different than normal, it may be that you are reacting to the hormones in the drops or from the sudden change in diet.  The protocol says that if you are near TOM, you should wait until it is over before starting the diet and that you should not take the shots during while mentruating.  However, the homeopathic is supposedly not affected and I and several others just continue on during TOM.

As for the throwing up, that could be anything from eating bad food to catching the flue.  

Another option is perhaps you are pregnant??? that would explain no loss, no period and throwing up all in one fell swoop?

If I was in your situation, I would stop the HCG until after TOM and then give it a second go.  You might want to find a naturopathic doctor who could monitor you on this if you have concerns.

Good luck to you!
one more time, I keep posting and then I hit post and everything disappears.
ok, I am doing well,  I am down to 159 in just three days, so far so good.
I have been following my rutine, we went to a party Friday night, I cheated with some dip and chips, but just a little, with no ill effect thankfully. tell me what you do, let share our ideas.
Do you take the multi-vitamin along with the drops
I do take multi-vitamins and a separate multi mineral, per my doctor's directions.
sooo, how is every one doing, tell me about your diet, is it working, what helps?
I'm doing good, but the cravings are killing me, any suggestions?
Totally agree been on this for 25 days. i am 44 and have been trying to lose 20 lbs for the last 5 years.  The thing about not cheating so accurate.  Had a vodka martini and set me back 4 days gained 2 lbs!!  The other caution is your menstrual cycle can wreak havoc with the loss, stuck me on a plateau for almost 5 days
Cravings are rough.  I don't really have them food-wise...except certain things like eggs or shrimp with cajun seasoning which make me want something sweet.  I have found that a small amount of chocolate does not affect my losses.

My big problem is emotional eating (habit)....I eat when I am doing stressfull or tedious duties at work or when I am stressed out which is most of the time for reasons I won't get into.  I just have super high stress that is nearly non-stop.  So I am fighting the snacking for reasons other than being hungry or feeling denied.  St. John's wort and B vitamins help me with that, but only to a point.  If I could concor my stress eating, I would be at my goal weight by now instead of still dabbling with HCG.  I tend to go up and down the same 10 pounds...it's ridiculous, really.
Actually now that I think about it, I crave cheese and so I usually add some parmesan to my salads and sometimes nibble on cheddar or Jack when I need a snack that apples won't satisfy.

I do tend to need more fats in my diet, so I do eat dark meat and sausage often.  It doesn't seem to affect my losses much....my losses are really only affected if the meat is too salty.  

Also, eating nuts will squash any fat burning my body is doing, even if I don't go over calories.  I think it's a chemical reaction for me.
I am on day 2 of phase 2 of the drops and have lost 3 pounds.I was wondering has anyone experienced problems with their vision?  Also, I have breast cancer in my family so the post regarding finding lumps in the breast concerns me.  Has anyone heard of a connection between the lumps and HCG?
cool stuff, I have lost 6 pounds, and I eat more then what the diet allows, I am just losing a little slower which is heathier any way, all is good, the morning through afternoon is easy while at work, it's when I first get home
until dinner I find myself wanting to snack, I crave fatty snacks, but it is getting better.
keep on sharing
I am on my second round of hcg drops.  On my first I lost 23 lbs, lost 3 more during my 4 weeks on maintainence, gained 3 on fat load days then lost 11 the first week.  The past 5 days though I've lost nothing.  Any suggestions or ideas what could cause the stall?  

And on another note...the one I really need an answer for....towards the end of my first round I my neck started itching like a heat rash and it's continued to spread like a colar around the neck and down the chest.  Have you heard of anyone having this kind of reaction to the hcg?  I'd really hate to stop the drops because this is the first time I've had hope in losing the lbs.  It's been exciting to realize that I dont crave anything, I can enjoy what I'm eating and am basicaly hungry only when it's time to eat.  Sure I enjoy the smells, looks, thoughts and memories of food but I've never been on a diet that I didn't crave anything.  My new moto "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" has carried me too far to have to quit the drops because of a stupid rash.
Sorry to hear about your rash....I have heard of people getting rashes and heard that they are either from really dry skin or from your body detoxing the yucky stuff stored in your system over the years of eating badly.

Personally, while I have had MANY MANY rashes during my life, I HAVE NOT not had any negative skin reactions to the homeopathic hcg.  In fact, I usually have a round of zits for the first week, then after about 2 weeks of steady fat burning, my normally eczema-prone skin actually improves quite a bit.  If you feel it is hcg related, then the only thing I can think of is that perhaps what you are using may not be medical grade??  Are you getting it thru a doctors office or buying online?  If online, it could be that you have a bad batch....I have heard several people complain on these boards that their bad batch caused rashes and no weight loss.  

As for the stopped losses, you could try an apple-day...could be that your depleted fat cells are just storing water and will flush themselves soon.  I have also heard that your body will stall if you have reached a weight that you have maintained for a length of time....kind of like it is reluctant to get past that point.  I have experienced this myself and am actually at one of those points now.  I doubt the hcg has stopped working for you.

When my scale does not show the results I expect, I use Ketostix to reassure myself that I am still burning fat....you can get them over the counter at your phamacy...I personally use Walgreens brand because they are cheaper....about $10 for a bottle of 50.  The pinker the little stick, the more you are burning....just know that you may get pinker sticks in the middle of the day than first thing in the morning, (or at least I do) so try 2 or 3 times throughout the day to get a feel for what your body is doing.

Congrats on your success so far!!!!  What an awesome feeling!
I'm 33 and 5'7 I started this diet at 155.  It has been 19 days and I have lost 11 pounds.  I bought the HCG drops locally at a health food store and I do 10 drops under my tongue 3x a day.  My husband on the other hand chose to do the shots (because of his work schedule)  He has lost 28 pounds in the same time frame.  I did experience a headache after my load days about two days after I started the shot, I feel it was my body detoxing from sugar.  I also feel like I didn't "load" right.  I ate pastry's and candy and my hubby did pizza and bacon and eggs and meats.  He didn't experience a headache at all.  The only other issue I had was pain in my lower back (kidney area) and when I drank more water and went to bed early it went away.   I had my period during the end of my 2nd week and stopped taking the drops and only gained like a couple ounces.  Then lost it and held at 144 for the next two weeks.  I am sick of the veggie selection and I gag when I think of shrimp!  It's been over a week and a half and I haven't moved from 144.  Which I feel good at.  I wouldn't mind being closer to 135, but I know I am in a healthy range for my height and build.

I am ending my cycle today, because I haven't budged on the scale and I am so sick of the lack of selection!  My husband is going to stay on and hopes to lose 15 more pounds.  He has a lot more weight to lose. I think I would do this again if I can't manage very well.
I do feel like my period through me off,  I have not experienced hair loss, bigger boobs, rash, weakness etc. I did not feel week.  I use to have low blood sugar before I went on the drops, and to be honest I feel more "normal" and not as moody as I was before going on this diet.  I think it might be the impact of crappy food and all the sugar?
I did have major cravings for Peanut butter and chocolate.  It was also interesting for me to realize how much of a snacker I was, and it was usually at 3pm and in the evening after my three kids went to bed. That I wanted to munch on junk!   It has also opened my eyes on all the junk I use to buy shopping.  It feels really good putting veggies and fruit in my cart and filling it up with that.  
I paid about $60. for my drops and my husband paid $600.- for his shots and session with a doctor and Mind and body specialist.  He has been overweight for 12 years and it runs in his family.
Hope this helps someone.  Or maybe someone can give me advice on what I can do better next time.  I am a stay at home Mom and my three kids were on track break for the three weeks (I had to make meals for them and separate ones for me.)  I DO recommend buying a small George Forman grill if you are planning on going on this diet.   We bought a small one at Walmart for $18.00 and it is WONDERFUL ! We grill our Fish, Shrimp, Thin Steaks, Grilled Asparagus etc...  Wonderful!  Good Luck everyone.  I was against this diet when my girlfriend did it.  I couldn't imagine giving up food and not eating much.  But a year later my husbands really wanted something to give him a kick start and I wanted to be supportive.  This would be hard to do if you are the only person in your family doing it, while everyone else is eating normal variety food.  :)   - Annette
Congrats on your loss!  I know it wasn't quite what you were hoping for, but I think it is great!  I am 5'8" and always struggled to get below 150 with conventional dieting.  And when I got pregnant in my early 30's, I gained a TON, and have spent the last several years trying to lose 130 pounds.  HCG has been the only thing that has worked for me, so I am curious to see how it will work when I get closer to my goal weight which is 140.

I am thinking back to the Pounds and Inches literature....and the woman who was skinny as a rail but who could not lose the fat sitting on her hips.  When she did the program, she never lost a pound, but her body re-distributed the fat and moved it from the long term storage of her hips to the more natural short term storage of even distribution around her body.

The literature also says that when you run out of long term storage fat to burn, you will become hungry again and you will need to up your calories to 800 until the minimum days are over and then go to phase 3.

So I am wonder, were you hungry at the end?  If not, then maybe your body was just re-distributing the fat you had left?  And if you were hungry, then perhaps you don't have any excessive fat left to lose and your body is now at it's natural state?

I don't think that your lack of expected losses have anything to do with shots vs drops....they both work equally well.  It's just that the closer you are to your ideal weight, the less it works for you.  

I have so far to go yet that I won't experience that for a long time, but I am really looking forward to getting to where you are. Congrats again and to your husband too!
I have read all of your comments with avid interest trying to decide whether to start the hcg diet or not and I thank you for your candid thoughts. If you will indulge me for a few moments to add my thoughts I would appreciate it. 1 1/2 years ago I was 90 lbs heavier and contemplated the lap band and had decided to get it, I was at least 100 lbs overweight for 20+ years and it was getting so difficult to live my life. I started what I knew was an extreme diet of what I would have to eat as if I had the lap band so I was prepared for after the surgery. It was so successful I cancelled the surgery a couple of months after starting the diet. I have not regretted any of my decisions since, because I learned how to eat well. My diet will always be lean proteins, vegetables and only certain fruits, I'll eat whole grains on occasion but not often. This is how I know I'll keep the weight off. I tell you this because I see it is the basis for the hcg diet only with fewer calories. Here is my rub with the diet, I'm concerned about those that would do it for more than one round. I worry for your health, I'm not judging at all mind you. I have seen all of the posts from jrgreeves and I applaude you for your commitment and how you help others, your information helped me make an informed decision. I wish you all luck with your quest for health, please don't think it's a magic bullet it's not, you will struggle with food choices the rest of your life and you have to be aware of them each and everytime you eat or you will gain it back. I also implore you all to find some sort of excersize you enjoy and do it, not for your weight alone, but for your health. I chose to begin running again after 30 years and am doing 5k's for the first time in my life. To all of you hater out there, America is a wonderful country that we can all voice our opinion, however I believe if you don't know anything about the subject, maybe you should just mind your own business.
Thank you for your comments...it is nice to discuss a topic with someone who is open to listen to others opinions even if they don't agree with them.  I agree with you that there is no reason for "haters" to get involved if their only mission is to spread hate.

I am so glad you did not get the lapband surgery and congratulations on your weight loss...that is a GREAT accomplishment.

Like you, I will really only be able to eat protein and veggies when I am finally done losing the weight.  I tend to agree with Dr. Mercola's theory of Nutritional Typing and have found that my body and health responds really well to a high protein/fat diet.  I destroyed my metabolism in my late teens/early 20's by eating basically a carb only diet...no fat or protein and since I didn't like meat, that was not a problem....it was the 80's and that was the thing to do back then.  Salads without dressing, lots of orange juice, bagels, pasta, pretzels.  I occasionally choked down dry chicken breast or pork (the other white meat), but it was hard. We couldn't eat beef because of the saturated fat and I didn't like fish....

I went to doctors, tried everything that was considered healty, but being a Christian, I felt it needed to be natural as well because I figured God put us on this earth with what we needed to survive and that didn't include protein bars or slimfast shakes.

After 15 years of destoying my metabolism with a carb diet, I got pregnant and gained 100 pounds which I am still trying to lose 10 year later.  These last 10 years have been an eye opener as I have studied nutrition and the effects of different foods on my body as it relates to metabolic disorder and gluten.  I have found that I feel and look SO much better on a high fat diet and I lose cravings for carbs once I stop the gluten which I have become sensitive to.

The HCG diet plan is just a means to an end for me and now that I know how to keep the weight off my particular body type, I don't think I will have anymore problems.

My BIG problem is that after 25 years of near constant "dieting" just to keep the weight from piling on, I am burned out and even this diet is difficult for me to stick to.  I am hoping that in the long run, it really will re-set my metabolism because as it is, eating the way I know I need to for my body type only maintains my weigh rather than burns this long-term-storage fat.

For me, that is what hcg is really about...accessing this long-term-storage type of fat.  And I feel great while on this diet and my skin improves so much.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do...I hope that if you decide to use the hcg you will come back and share your results!

I
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin  you might want to check this article out before proceeding with a dangerous 500 a day diet
I started the HCG diet after a close friend lost 28 pounds in 30 days..this is my 13th day on the diet and I've lost 12 pounds....very excited..no side effects of yet...
My weight was 275lbs on Aug. 7. 2010. Started HCG oral drops and gave it an HONEST 40 days of NO CHEATING and following diet plan by the book. Lost 36lbs in 40 days. I have taken 3 weeks off for maintenance, but still am on the 40 days on, 3 weeks off. As of today, April 8, 2011,  I can proudly say that I am down 90lbs, going from a size 3x top to a XL, and pants from a 24 to a size 14. I have lowered my BMI from 44 to 31. I still have about 35lbs to go until I am at a normal weight for my frame and height. I have always been overweight and tried numerous diet tools on the market. Did consider surgery until a friend recommended the HCG. With any program you must first be committed to making this a LIFE CHANGE and better choices in meal plans and portions. This was easy to stay with, hardly any cravings, not hungry, weight loss comes off quick 7-10lbs avg. a week, so the program shows me immediate results, makes me  WANT to stay with it. LIFE CHANGING - TRY THIS - you have EVERYTHING TO LOOSE!!!!! - Get Healthy - LOOSE your weight, feel better, do it!!! I am 49 years old and look 15 years younger, people don't recognize me. The way that HCG works with your body and your bad stored fat is amazing.
HCg injections were used 35 yrs ago to lose weight.  I know because I did them 3 times and was very successful in losing a lot of weight quickly. However, I also gained it back very quickly because I had not learned to watch what I put in my mouth.  That's why I did it 3 times and would likely have done it even more if the FDA had not banned HCG injections somehwere between 1975 and 1978.  That is why I was surprised that they are back. You need to be aware that you cannot sustain  500 calories forever and just like any addiction (overeating is a addiction) you become "hooked" again if you eat foods not good for you. Problem is, we can't not eat like we  can't drink alcohol or can't smoke cigs or can't take drugs so you have to learn to eat the right foods in the right amounts. Unfortunately, I still haven't learned. I am now working with a dietician for the first time and hope it works.  My wwight has gone form a low of 117 lbs to ha high of 240 lbs
I started HCG two days ago and so far have lost 7lbs.  I highly doubt this trend will continue as I don't believe it is physically possible.  I have approximately 40lbs to lose to reach my goal.  I have to confess that I skipped the formal loading phase as per the protocol.  I figured I had been gorging right along and had plenty of normal fat reserves.

No serious side effects to date, a little light-headed maybe.  It's hard to tell if it's related to the protocol or recent lack of sleep.  I know I need to supplement with a multi-vitamin and need to jack up the water intake.

- Enjoying the Ride -

doing quite well on hcg still on shots for 1 more week, nothing else had worked, lost 10lbs in 3 weeks, but I am a woman over 60, no side effects taking potassium, b12 and d
drinking 10 glasses of water a day

can anyone refer me to an online site to order true HCG drops

thanks
Good going.  Just keep trying and do the diet exactly as prescribed by Simeons.  If you are doing the hcg or considering it you must MUST read the entire protocol and follow it exactly with out deviation.  google simeons protocol.  No variation has been studied like Simeons studied his original, with hundreds of case studies.  Also if the protocol was followed and the patient continued with a reasonable plan of eating they kept the weight off.

Here is the catch; So many of us are compulsive eaters or have some form of food addiction.  In this case it would be wise to consult a professional and or at least to use a program like overeaters anonymous to keep honest and accountable with our food use.  Hcg is very helpful for most.  The fact is the injections are the only thing that has a documented multicase study.  Everything else is hit or miss and its wonderful if it has worked for you.  

If you have struggled with weight issues and the mental emotional and health related issues that go together with being overweight don't give up.  Have faith something will work if you just love yourself and keep a positive attitude. Remember to get support for your particular condition and that may mean you can not do this from the internet by yourself.  

Keep your chin up, hcg works for most but not everyone, just like the "old fashioned" methods do.  Keep searching for the right thing for you.

To the naysayers and "haters", you seem bored.  Perhaps research would be a good use of your time.
All the Best- V
Another day and another 1.6lbs bringing the total to 8.6 in 4 days which is only the 3rd weigh in.  At this point the daily routine involves staring at the scales each morning in disbelief.  The fat appears to be silently melting away.

It's an odd feeling to purposely 'stay away' from the gym during the course of treatment.  It will be interesting to see what happens in terms of strength and muscle tone when I return in a months time.

I'm looking for some advice.. although I am not heading to the gym in the morning I do play a few recreational sports during the week which can be fairly vigorous.  Is there any way I can accommodate these activities while taking HCG? A few extra veggies or fruit?  This week I am thinking of giving it a try without modifying my diet, worse case I get a few extra subs or sit out if need be.

Congrats on your losses!

There are a couple different thoughts about exercise during hcg.  First, remember that Dr.Simeon's protocol told his patients to swim and lay by the pool.  He told them to go ahead and live an active lifestyle as normal, but not do anything extra strenuous.

Now, my doctor feels that any exertion above daily living will wear me down because of the lack of calories.  She said a light walk would be all I could do. But I have done much more than that and felt just fine and even energized.

As I understand the protocol, the hcg just allows the body to access your fat stores to provide you with the missing calories.  I believe the food you are eating (500 cals) actually provides a way for your stomach to maintain it's ability to process food and your mind the satisfaction of actually eating...just like the apple day is provided as mental support, not because it is really needed.  If you stopped eating altogether, you would still lose the weight, but your body's ability to process food would be hindered so when you started eating again you would have to start with liquids and gradually add in solids.  (I have actually fasted for several days - for faith reasons, not to lose extra weight - and been fine.)

There are many others out there that feel you have to eat exactly the 500 cals each day or your body will go into starvation mode and stop burning fat.

I don't believe that is supported by Dr. Simeon's research or documentation, but if it works for them.......

So, since you are asking, my advice would be to try your sports activities as normal and if you get tired, wait til you are done with your protocol or try adding in a few more protein calories.  I don't think the exercise will be detrimental, but only you will know if you have the energy for that extra effort.
i just began hcg diet drop today i was told there are lotion or cream we should not use can any one tell me which ones and what are good vitaims to take
I have tried hcg drops and they work I do not wiegh my food and if I want to cheat I just add another chicken dinner and a tomato. that way I am still on the diet. I lost 20 pounds in about three weeks. I have 30more pounds to loss. I suggest buying drops for hcgasap.com. They have a fda aproved lab and it is allot cheaper and you get you order in three days. I have tried others they did not work. good luck. I suggest buying chicken frozen chicken breast and eating one for a meal with your tomato good luck
Hi everyone, I have really enjoyed everyone's comments and help!  I have been one this diet for two weeks now and my only side-effects have been weight loss :)  

I just wanted to share my method for staying with the 500 calorie diet.  I work two full time jobs so I have to be somewhat creative when eating.  Plus I find that I have to kind of trick my mind into feeling satisfied.  I find dieting to be about 98% mental!  

My method is to weigh, cook, cut-up, put into little baggies, and freeze all the meat servings.  I measure, cut-up, and put into little baggies enough veggies and fruit for a few days to a week.  Then each morning I grab little baggies from the freezer and fridge to take with me.  I keep a little baggy of something at my desk during one job, or in my pocket during the other job, all the time.  Then I just munch all day, and I know that I always have a bite of food close by; it's just a mental thing but it works for me!  

Also, if I ever do feel hungry I tell myself that there are 2000 calories worth of fat floating in my bloodstream all the time that was released because of the HCG.  For some reason, remembering that takes away any hunger I'm feeling.  I hope that helps someone!
ok i just got my HCG in the mail today. From what i hear from you all i have to do is drop 20 drops under my tounge 3 times a day?
Question....I start HCG drops a week ago. I am drinking about a gallon of water a day, but I feel like my throat is really dry and it also feels like I have something stuck in the back of my throat all the time. Has anyone felt this way? It feels like it is on the back right side of my throat.
Please help,
never had that problem, have it checked out by a medical personnel
I am on day 2 of phase 2.  Found I had lost a pound this a.m., sure it is water weight.  Am using the homeopathic drops.  Hoping for 15-20 pounds during the 3 week period.  I found the loading days very difficult, in fact went a 3rd day just trying to force myself to eat to prepare myself for phase 2.  

Have noticed a bit of a headache, perhaps a bit of hunger (as I said, had trouble with the loading days), but am sticking to the diet and the drops unless something should happen.

After much reading, I decided to continue taking my multivitamin, calcium, 2 baby aspirin daily, and today added back my vitamin D.  I am also continuing to take my blood pressure medicine and my Celexa as per prescribed dosages.  I will NOT be giving up my face moisturizer; at 56, no way that is happening.  

Any encouragement will be appreciated....

OK, for all you experts on HCG, i'm on my second day of the HCG drops, i'm on the military, I will be deploying shortly and will have to take a pregnancy test (YIKES) just read somewhere that this will cause you to have a positive on a urine pregnancy test?  is this correct?  I CANNOT be positive....please advice!
With my program, I rec'd some information to remedy some of the mild side effects such as; constipation, abnormal sugar cravings, and hair loss. The suggestion for hair loss is" Hypothyrodism" hair loss is an indication of a sluggish thyroid or poor thyroid function. It can be identified by takng your temperature when you first wake up in the morning. Do that for about five days straight. If your average temp reading is below normal body temp than you might need a supplement with thyroid support. According to the info you can take it along with he HCG. You might want to consult with your dr.. I hope this will help!
I take HCG in very small homeopathic doses. It ups my sex drive and I am thinking extremely brilliant, my IQ is 157. I have to stop every other day or so to keep from becoming to hyper. I have been bipolar in remission since 1998. I am not manic, but I clean my apartment regularly now and am much more detailed.Have energy. I am 56 and look young for healthy eating and spirit. My MBA courses seem childish at a local school. I had a MBA 3.84 at the U. It does something I really like and I am in control but more pleasingly aggressive. At first i lost weight, then did not care for the low cal, so I do it the old fashioned way. Have already lost 80 lbs that way.
I love hcg. Dieting can be hard but when you see weight come off quickly it motivates you. I have been on it for one week and have lost 21lbs. I take the drops. I do have headaches at times, but nothing severe.
HIVES/RASH!!!!  Please help!!!  I am on my second round of HCG drops.  I am down 55 pounds as of this morning since February 21st.  This diet is AMAZING!!  However this time around I have completely broken out in hives/rash all over my body.  I thought at first I was allergic to strawberries, but that seems not to be the case.  This is SO HORRIBLE!  I have been doing research online for the past 3 days and here about the rash, but no one mentions what to do about it.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do for it and how long it will last?  It's so bad that I'm to the point of going off my drops and I really don't want to do that because I have more weight to lose and just bought a new bottle.  Benedryl and hydrocortizone creams are NOT WORKING!!!  PLEASE HELP if you can!!  I am going nuts!!!  Thank you so much!!!
im on day 1 of the loading period... and am terribly worried about gaining so much during this phase and messing up the diet and ending up with more weight to lose then ever... im 32, weigh about 144 lbs; could stand to lose about 15 or a bit more. worried that this diet is not for me considering i dont have that much to lose... thoughts?

thanks!
I am on my second round on day 5 and have only lost 3 #s this time. The first time I lost 13 # the first week & 22 total. Does any one know if I should  add another dose per day? I take three doses now and I haven't been getting hungary just don't seem to be losing as fast. Maybe this normal .
I bought HCG from healthyourself.....does NOT work, bought from HCGASAP works a lot better, does anyone have a distributor, who they think is GREAT? please allow us to know

Granny13.... just keep with it, takes a little longer for women over 50, I know I am, where did you get yours?
I know it says in your bio you fight thyroid issues, but if your skin is really really dry...you need to get your levels checked again!!
Just a concern...fighting those issues myself...
If you're using the homeopathic hCG drops, you should not have a positive pregnancy test from it since the hormone is diluted basically out of existence.  Only the so-called "energy" of the hormone remains.  However, hCG IS the hormone that urine pregnancy tests react to, so if you're taking the injections of the actual synthetic hormone then yes, it will cause a false positive on a pregnancy test.  I know this for sure because I tried it the first time I took hCG because I was SO hungry after the first two weeks I thought the clinic I was going to was maybe a scam and giving me only saline solution to inject.  Turns out, my TWO drugstore pregnancy tests gave me a positive result and no, there's no way I was actually pregnant since I've been taking Depo-Provera for about 10 years now.  Plus, they made me take a pregnancy test before starting the hCG.  The first time around, I did NOT do the two fat-loading days before starting the 500 calorie diet, I just ate normally.  I know now that is exactly why I was so hungry for the first two weeks.  Also may have been psychological, since the first time I didn't really believe it would work and I could be not hungry on only 500 calories a day.  BUT, after I got my proof in the form of two positive pregnancy tests that I really was getting the hormone, I stopped having the terrible hunger issues.  Could be, too, that my body just finally adjusted since I didn't do the fat loading like I was supposed to.  Anyway, I've got 11 more days to go on round 2 and I've lost 23 pounds so far.  The first time around I only lost 18 pounds in the entire 40 days.

Good luck to all who try this diet.  I can only speak for the synthetic hCG injections, I've never tried the homeopathic drops.  It's certainly not easy, but for those of us who have struggled and worked out and dieted for months on end with only a few piddly pounds lost to show for it, IT WORKS.  
Do NOT skip the loading days!!!  Eat as much high fat as you can or you will be SOOOO much hungrier when you move to the 500 calorie phase.  I ate healthy fats like avocado, macadamia nuts, salmon, cheese, etc.  I can't stand animal fats so I stayed away from those and fried foods give me heartburn.  If you do not load on fat you will absolutely regret it.  AND, don't worry about gaining weight those two days, you're lose it within the first day or two of starting the 500 calories and your weight loss from then on will be much more consistent.  This was my own personal experience, anyway, from having done this twice, with skipping the fat loading the first time and doing it the second.
Hi I started the hcg drops in February. I'm done now. I'm a migraine sufferer also. Believe or not it stopped the migraines. I would almost have a migraine everyday. I've went at least a month without one. As I'm typing this I have one now, only because I've had little sleep for the last two days and this is final week, (43yr, college student). Also my gallbladder was removed, no problems at all. Did the 40 day plan, I only lost 23 because I cheated big time TWICE. Some one wrote don't cheat it's not worth it and they are right. But I look great, was a size 12, now a 8.
I am very interested in starting the HCG diet, but I'm terrified of shots!!! Can anyone please indicate to me which is the best site to purchase the drops??? I have been able to loose 25lbs over the last 9 months by exercising and modifying my eating habits, but as summer approaches, I'd like to speed up my weight loss.  Your posts have convinced me that this weight loss program will work for me.  Thank you!
Hi this is Dee I was wondering the same thing, if there was a secure website.My brother takes the shots and has drop to 198 in just two weeks but I would like to do the drops and I pulled up a couple of websites but I don't know which ones are good
The site "http://www.liquidhcgdiet.com/" is a great one if you live in the US (they don't ship outside of there though). They have an awesome facebook support page and answer any questions really quick, and even if you're not doing their drops they welcome you there. It's the only company I've come across that you can do an "active" version of, i.e. you can work-out whilst taking drops. All the other ones say no exercise other than a light 20min walk. I didn't get my drops there coz I live outside America, but I wish I could get them!
hcgasap.com drops really well
I got mine from hcg direct. Down 12 #s now and have 3 more days to go. Hoping to lose  3 by then for a total of 15#s for the 2nd round.
how long did it take you to lose 12....is that just from the drops and diet plan?
I've been on the acumen lab hcg drops since Feb. 27th this year.  I was 229 pounds the week before I started (with clothes on at doctor's office).  I am 60 years old - no uterus and no gallbladder.  I am currently still on the daily regime and am very pleased with the results.  I weigh once a week - every Sunday morning (after my shower) and am at 192.2 now.  I have not lost as quickly as many of you, but I have changed my thinking patterns and my attitudes toward my health and food intake.  I plan to continue until I reach 178 and then level off.  I have (with experimentation) found what I can safely add to maintain and what I need to avoid.  I do use a potassium supplement for leg cramps (however I've had those for years and have always used potassium and extra water for them).  The new thinking and attitude are, to me, just as important as the weight loss.  I believe I can maintain once I get to my goal.  I have tried a number of other diets over the last 40 years, and this one is the first and only one that I really believe has helped me change my eating habits.  I just don't crave sweets and bread and pastry like I used to.  I used to have migraine and irritable bowel issues but since beginning this protocol, I have not had one symptom of either - which amazes me.  I am enjoying great health, better looks, and plenty of energy.  I work 2 full time jobs and have 2 part time businesses and 5 young grandchildren to chase.  Way to go, Acumen Lab.
Hello to everyone,
I am writing to you today because I want to find out if the hcg diet, the homeopathic one, would work for me or not.
I am a 33 years old women that had 2 children between the age of 24 and 27, I now weight 145 pounds and I am 5'4" tall. My weight before the children was somewhere around 120 pounds, but ever since I had them I have never dropped below 130, with a lot of work!!.
Now... my habits have not been the best in these last 2 years (eating somewhat badly, not sleeping enough, stress, ect.), but I do exercise through out. I have been on the "cleans program" for the last 3 weeks, cheating a little hear and there but since I started exercising a lot more I have not lost weight. I am definitely fitter, my body is tighter, I feel better, but I have not lost the weight that I want to loose. I would love to loose around 20 pounds.
So.... hence me checking out this diet and all the feedback on it.
I am a little concerned about anything that might possibly give side effects, even though life in general is full of side effects!!
My major question is this though..... I have just embarked on a new job which involves me playing and learning Capoeira, which is an afro-brazilian martial art that involves a lot of kicking and moving around, and so I will be probably exercising at least 2 hours everyday, 6 days a week.
So..... can I still do this diet????? Having 500 calories a day is not really enough to do that kind of a workout, so what shall I do about that.
If so, my next thing is that I have gallstones and phase 1 requires a lot of fat intake and that could result in a gallbladder attach. Is there a healthy way around that?
Can anyone help? Is there a website that might have more information about these type of technicalities?  
I am now at 14#s on this round of HCG. No drops today or tomorrow but still doing the 500 calories for the next 2 days then maintenance. WooHoo!!( 36 #s total for the 6 weeks) I would never recommend doing 2 - 3week rounds together. By the end of week 5 I was so bored with food and wanted more variety. I was never hungary but just wanted something different. Craving bacon & eggs? lol I also just found a couple of websites with a lot more recipes One is HCG 1234 . I will be doing another round starting the middle of July, so I will be using a lot of those. Hope you are doing well.
Yes, i used it and get positive feedback.  You can take it .
The problem with asking someone if there is side effects, they can't answer right away. And some of the side effects you aren't going to realize for a while, 500 calories is anorexic! so it IS hard on your body, and heart.  In the past they have done studies on these kids of diets, There was people who died of heart failure and all sorts of things, because it is not healthy to loose such an extreme amount of weight so fast. 1200 calories is considered a healthy diet so  almost a 1/3 of that says its UN HEALTHY!  and why if you cheat one time are you gaining 4-5 lbs over night? that says something right there? your body should be able to gain 5 lbs from eating a dounut! crazy don't you think? and the spray or drops aren't approved by the fda, so they can't claim any of the things they are claiming.  They are diluted, and your stomach acid breaks down most of the hormones.
I am 41 years and have struggled with my weight forever yoyo-ing with my weight over several years. So in January 23,2011 started working out 3- 5 times a week at my local gym. At that time I was 214 pounds and was so fed up feeling blah that I was determined to get healthy. So far to date have been successful and have lost 30 pounds with hard work of exercise and watching what I eat. There have been several people at work trying the HGC diet and I was determined to stay on track of what I was doing until I hurt my back at work, and my first thought was fear of gaining back the weight because I could not exercise let alone walk without pain. So I decided to take a leap of faith and do the diet. I am going on vacation in September 2011 to Hawaii with my husband and our good friends, and this was also a part of my begging motavation in a healthier direction. I refuse to give up as I have always taught my children so I am going to live by my own words. Wish me luck , I will keep up on posts to help others as myself that don't give up.
I have lost 20lbs. On the hcg diet :) I have been off the drops for 4 weeks can I start my second drop cycle or do I need to wait the full 6 weeks?  Thanks in advance for your help.
Hello!

Is there any risk in taking the HCG injections?
How many milligrams of your vitamin cocktail were you taken daily on HCG?
What is the recommended calorie intake for maintaining a healthy weight? I believe it is far more than 500 calories and I think that the long term effects of this type of starvation dieting will be far worse than the current ailments of obesity. I wonder if it has occurred to anyone that the reason there are no cravings is because the HCG may have neuro-inhibitors and , similar to pain medication, the hunger is still there but the signal is not getting to the brain.
Fat loaded for 3 days : ) Amazingly on 2nd day of fat loading, lost the two pounds I had gained....hooray!!!! Was a little cautious about doing this due to past incident with blood clot in leg, and while on blood thinners, another one in the arm. The docs ran all types of genetic tests and had no answers for me. After research, it seems that the drops present a lesser threat due to the dilution. So, I'm on it and very excited, and encouraged by all of your comments, esp. those that talked about their history of blood clots....wishing you all success on your journies.    
I have a question regarding losing an excessive amount of weight using HGC drops.  I am about to start the 90 day program with a goal of losing 90 pounds.  Someone said that if you lose that much weight too rapidly your skin may be loose.  Has anyone else heard this or had it happen to them?
i am a nurse who happens to be a bodybuilder and hcg is a huge part of my diet. the aches are because of the 500 cal not the drops but the drops are the worst type of hcg you can take.their is added stuff in the drops that is not in the injectable. the injectable is cleaner for the body and you can stick to your 1200 cal a day and lose tones of weight. i have been selling and doing hcg for years and i love it. amd no the best stuff is not from amarican labs go to the source china you can order online its cheaper and i had it tested and its 100% hcg
Hi Paula, congrats on both the amazing determination that allowed u to shed the first 80lbs, and then the last lap with hcg.
I'm in a similar situation - finding the last 15lbs pretty tough with just diet and exercise. Would you mind sharing (1) was it drops or injections u tried? (2) brand of, and where u got the hcg from? U can PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

Claire
I just heard about the HCG injections from an acquaintance who lost about 100 pounds in nothing.  I really want to try it out but I am concerned... I have hypoglycemia and endomitriosis.  Do any of you know if the injections or the 500 cal diet will have any negative affects on either?  I am very eager to get started but my doctor doesn't know much or anything about it and don't know who else I can ask.  

Jackie
I am unsure of how much potassium to take.  My booklet says 1 - 3 times daily, a .99mg.  That makes no sense, since a normal dose is 99mg.  And if I take 99mg  capsules, do I take them 1 - 3 times a day? thanks.  PS  I have a friend on the drops and she has lost 90 pounds.
If you lose weight that fast you will have loose skin. I suggest you get firming lotion that does not contain petroleum products or mineral oil and use it everyday. You may still experience some loose skin but it helps.
Hello everyone I don't know about the HCG drops but I have taken the HCG shots and have had very good results from it. I was very skeptical when I went to my weight loss center with my sister in law and it was so expensive that I said ok one week if i don't see anything he won't get no more of my money. My body fat is in my midsection and I hate it. I have loss so much stomach its not even funny. My sister in law had a c-section with her last child and was told she would never have a flat stomach again because the muscles was damaged during the c-section. Well not so her stomach is not a six pack of muscles but it is flat with no pug like before. I can't afford to keep going to this doctor so I am going to try the drops which are sold in a pharmacy in my home town. By the way we were on a 1000 calories diet and we also did the appetite suppressant and b-12 shot with the choline/inositol/Methionine pills for energy but all of those are optional. the first month I only did the b12 and the HCG shot with appetite suppressant I lost 10 my sister in law took all 3 and lost 15 is why I did the b12 with the pills the next month. In 2 Months she was at her weight goal of 40 pounds but she exercise everyday. I did not but am very happy to say that I have lost 20 pounds lots of inches from the midsection. I am very happy I tried it for myself. Good luck to everyone and remember every one body is different and you have to find what works for you.
I have been on the HCG drops for 3 days. I lost 5 lbs the 1st day which was probaly fluid but this morning I hadn't lost any but didn't gain either. I did my loading meal just one day as it said you could do if you haven't been on other diets to lose weight. I feel weak mid morning and after noon. I have been eatting my fruit for a snack. Is there anything else I can do?
While there seems to be anecdotal evidence that the HCG works in appetite suppression, here are some things to think about based on facts.  If you just eat 500 calories per day, without any HCG, you will lose the same amount of weight.  The HCG quite possibly is just a placebo effect, you think it's suppressing your appetite because they tell you it will, this is a distinct possibility.  It is a known fact, that eating less than 1200 calories per day over time is not good for your health.  The poor souls in the concentration camps were on a sub 1200 calorie per day regimen, we know how that ended.  HCG is NOT approved by the FDA for weight loss - period, therefore it is illegal to sell or advertise it as such.  The FDA has chosen to look the other way thus far, as there have been no serious issues, thus far.  HCG is used legally in fertility treatments via prescription, it causes a mature egg to drop in women and elevated testoserone in men, which means if a husband and wife are on this, you better have your birth control in order if you aren't looking to conceive.

Lastly, I used to work in fish culture research and fish health.  We used HCG to induce ovulation in Striped Bass, and needed a federal permit to even obtain HCG for that purpose.  Each female fish we injected had to be destroyed after spawning so that no human could potentially ingest the HCG if we released those fish to public waters.  Also, HCG is only used in fertility treatments via injections, there are no studies regarding effects of oral treatments to my knowledge in any species, including humans.

No matter what anyone says, it's a known fact that consuming only 500 calories per day, for weeks, can be dangerous to your health.  Please be careful in the choices you make and consult your primary care physician.
i just received my shipment and wanted to try this but little skeptical because i am a migraine suferrer. does ur migraine get worse by using this product? my 2 doctors already okeyed me to try this diet. hopefully it works!
thanks!
Yes, and makes sure whatever you try is FDA approved... since we know that only the companies who throw huge amounts of money to the FDA get their message out and that is ALWAYS the most healthy for all of us!  
Seriously, dieticians learn and teach what the FDA wants them to learn...basically how to eat processed foods to make you fat...and how to prepare meals for nursing homes
Day 4 of taking drops and have lost 8.5 pounds!  I am also taking a combination of Pharmanex Nutritional Supplements of Vitamins & Minerals, Energy Supplement, Detox, Probiotic and Mood Stabilizer.  I feel GREAT!  Not hungry or cranky and have amazing energy.  Typically I suffer from awful headaches while dieting (I've tried them all).  The pounds are just melting away :)  feel free to contact me for more info on supplement package.  Healthfully, LeeAnn   ***@****
So my goal is not only to loose weight but to also gain muscle. After my botched C-section my muscles in my stomach have been messed up and alot of cramping. My doctor says I need to gain the muscle BACK in my stomach so that I am not hurting as much and dont have to sleep with a body pillow to help me sleep. BUT, they say NOT to work out on this diet because your not eating enough calories to suplement the muscle growth. Should I increase the calorie intake with the drops so that I can work out as well?
Today is my 3rd day of the HCG drops. Last night I had a stomach cramps and up to now, I'm still having a pain in my stomach! I did not read any stomach cramps side effect on this discussion. I'm getting scared if I should continue this or not. Taking a Peptobismol helped me to get rid of the pain. I'm not even sure if Peptobismol is okey to take.
Please advice.. Thank you!
I've read about the side effects and yes stomach pain is common.  It should stop soon.  Don't give up now.
thank you for the encouragement. today is my 13th day but looks like i stopped losing weight. the first 7 days were exciting because i am losing lb a day but after a week, it stopped! i am a little guilty because i cheated. :(  so far i just lost 8 lbs after 13 days.
i am taking 20 drops twice a day only but the product insert says 3x a day. should i increase my drops to 3x a day? what do u think? pls answer my inquiry. thanks!
Hey, I am 15 & i was wondering if I Can do the HCG diet I Just need to lose 17 or 18IBS . Is it safe for me to do this?? I Need to lose Weight before my School starts. Please let me Know.
The Hcg diet really works. I really like. It burns the bad fat that all of us have. I have done it twice and i have lost a lot. If you cheat you won’t lose 1 lbs the next day, so try not to cheat. If you Cheat 2 days in a row you will gain a pound. So if you are not losing anything or you are gaining stop cheating! you can do this, its only for a short amount of time. I had high cholesterol and it went down and i have psoriasis and its helped so much. I also had gained wieght when i sprained my ankle and got surgery and ever since i did the diet, i have lost so much wieght that my ankle feels much better.You need to drink lots of water so that your body can flush out toxins. I have stayed away from tortillas and bread, so it really does reset you hypothalamus and i have been able to keep my weight straight. If you are really looking forward to living a healthy life then maintain your weight by weighing your self every day.
Just remember the diet is only for a few days you can do it!!!!!

DAY 1 my husband and i started our binge yesterday , worried about some of the side effects mentioned
Has anyone ever started the injections, then switched midway through to do the drops instead?
Over 2 months ago I began the injections from one clinic...lost 14 lbs in 30+ days, then plateaued for a week and I quit at day 36.
Did the 3 week maintanence while staying within my end weight, then did my 2 load days and began injections ( ROUND 2 ) from another center which were cheaper, along with my usual B12 shots. I did not have the same continued results whatsoever. Did not even feel the same in my body. The hcg tested positive on a pregnancy test, but my urine did not ( just on it a week). So I stopped the injections after day 9, have been following the VLCD for 2.5 days now,with some weight gain and constipation and some stabilization. It's nuts. Now I WANT TO START the drops without loading again. Can I switch over? Isnt it the same stuff? Or is my body telling me its immune after one round and the 3 week maintainence break.? HElp! I still have 15- 20 lbs to lose. I will say after further research, I wished I had started with the drops, not injections. The drops you can continue on until you lose your intended weight. And they are so much less expensive. I have had clinic workers tell me Drops don't work! but by looking at these blogs- they DO! My guess is the clinic workers say that so you dont switch over to the cheaper version and they go out of business! Here in FLA HCG is all the rage. Lets get the proper info out there and make it easier for everyone...no more of this under the radar wink* wink* stuff!
can one DIY the whole HCG diet. I find it so expensive to have to consulta with diet clinic or doctor.
My husband and I started the drops today as well ...6 drops a day, 6 times a day= 36 drops a day..seems excessive, but I am willing to try anything..the only thing I am not going to do is the 500 calorie a day diet..that is just nuts.. so this may not work, but I just want to see what the drops do alone.. my neighbor did the drops and 500 calories a day and ended up in the hospital for very low potassium and very high blood pressure.. this was 2 weeks after starting the diet and drops.. but who really knows, there could be so many factors.. anyhow.. I am a worry wort about side effects, but so far, nothing... I am also incorporating 500 mcg b12 dots 3 times a day.. I will update within a week to see what happens.. Good luck to everyone else!
this is a miracle diet for me! yes, i had concerns the first 2 weeks but now everybody is saying i look so pretty and very good ;p) today is my 28th day and lost 14 lbs! eventhough i didn't lose lb a day, i'm still happy and the stomach cramps/pain went away. this drops is more on descipline the way we eat and i'm use to 500-600 calories a day now. my husband was hesitant to use it then but now, he was thinking to do the same. i can't wait to reach my goal (7 more lbs to go) and i promise myself to go back to lifting weight, running and will do yoga class. for anybody that went plateau, don't worry, just continue the drops, drink plenty of water and take the drops 3x a day. my drops direction says, 20 drops 2x/day . i divided the 40 drops to 3x and looks like it's better than taking 20 drops daily.
one thing also that i noticed, during my period, i did not lose any weight for 4 days and almost give up. i think it's useless to take the drops during your monthly period. just a thought because as soon as i'm done with my period, i started to lose weight again.
i hope i can help someone with this kind of question.
I've been reading all the comments, and I just want to say, that this diet isn't for everyone.  I have friends who have tried it and couldn't keep up with the strict rules and so they didn't lose much weight. I did hcg for 30 days and lost 25 pounds. I'm getting ready for round 2 and I think that if you are ready to make a life change in the way you eat, HCG can help you.  It not only helps you to lose weight but also teaches you how to eat right. I have tried just about every diet.  I am a yo yo dieter.  This is the first time that i have kept the weight off.  Usually the first sign of stress and the weight comes back, but this time HCG was there to help me learn better eating habits.
I use the HCG injections. Starting weight at 216 lbs. Now on day 11, and lost 15 lbs. Anyone ever try white kidney bean extract while on HCG?
I have been on HCG going on 2 weeks now, I have continued my normal eating habits no special diet, I suffer from migraines so I need to eat at least 1500 calories a day.  My breast have not gotten bigger but they do feel sore.  I have lost 7 pounds in almost 2 weeks.  Is the tenderness due to HCG?  HCG is what they look for in a blood pregnancy test.  BTW I am not pregnant.
I am now taking the hcg drops and this is Day 8.  I have lost 13 lbs as of yesterday.  I stayed my same weight today probably because I had some snacks with the kiddos yesterday while we were at the symphony in the park.  I am totally shocked at the amount in the first week!  I have several friends doing the drops and they look incredible!  When I decided to actually start hcg, I was getting ready to start my period, so I used that time to psych myself up.  I was excited, I couldn't wait, I even saw myself getting thinner in my mind!  I started at 225 and I'm 5'2".  I will be happy just to get under 200.  I've always been on the overweight side my whole life.  But I'm going to be 40 soon and I know my health will just go downhill from there.  I've read about all of the pros and cons.  I guess with any type of meds you take (homeopathic or not) there are always some risks.  Good luck to all of you who are going down the same path I am.  And congrats to all of those who have lost so many lbs!
Does any one thats taking HCG noticed any changes in their periods, I took it for a week and lost 3 pounds but I am missing my period. any thoughts please.
Everyone wants to lose weigth no matter the concequences.   HCG is not safe and you could get lasting health problems.   When you start playing with the hormones of your body, you're asking for trouble.  

I want to start the HCG program but my doctor wants to charge me 500.00 for three bottles of the drops and to go through the program under his care.  Which I am sure I can be confident in saying the drops are the real thing but there has to be a website that people have ordered this product from and is just as effective or "REAL" as you get from your doctor and for a much cheaper price.  Can anyone tell me where to go to order this and know you aren't getting a scam product.
what is a name of the HCG drops and where can I buy them?  Can I get a prescription from my doctor and get it filled for the sublingual HCG pills or injections or do I have to go throught a weight loss clinic?
most of my patients lost about 17-25 pounds on hcg diet props. it works great

they are availab le here for the lowest price

thehcdietplan.ca my sister lost 21 pounds
Me,too  my breast getting larger just like...being pregnant.
I have some questions????  Befor goin on this diet wat are the vitamins that i have to drink???could i drink them during the diet???wat expecific things do i need to eat???in my menstrul period do i have to stop using them???wat if im on birth control (shot) is it bad mixing it?
Could anyone tell me the site where I can buy the HCG drops. There are several sites, but I don`t know which one is a good one, because the price varies quite a bit. Please help, I want to try this, too.
http://www.powermaxnutrition.com/

use this coupon code: FB15OFFPMX

I get the: HCG TURBO 2oz
I got the drops and started them last week...iv lost 7lbs in 9 days but I did have one night when I had 2 vodka/tonics, and because I cheated, I didnt lose that day. Can someone tell me the diet that they are following, I know its the 500 calorie diet but i want to make sure im eating the right foods....I got the homeopathic drops which came with a website telling me the diet...im just interested to see if someone else has different foods or a different diet that they follow that is also working...my foods are getting quite boring!!!
Thank you :)
What about exercise? I am a big exerciser and I eat well (I know my proteins and carbs and what's good for you), two years ago I was ill advised by a doctor to take medication and gained 50 lbs, while taking it, after stopping the medication, I have managed to lose 30lbs just by my normal diet and exercise, so I lost 30 lbs in 6 months. I've tried increasing exercise and changing diet to lose more, but to no avail.
I am trying this out, but I am sure that the 500 calories is way too low for my exercise needs (15 miles cycling a day). Has anyone had any success with just keeping your already healthy lifestyle and diet and lost weight by adding these drops? I take multivitamins as well.
Are there any diabetics out there taking hcg or is it possible for a diabetic to do this diet?
some of the protocols now offer a 1200 cal plan. If you are unwilling to give up your workouts during the diet (I reduce my work out plan to pilaties, yoga and a abs routine) then that would be best.

@ I started my first round in June and I was 215, I am 5'4". By the end of round one I was down to 192. I was able to keep all of the weight off during the stabilization period. So luckily I starting my second session at the same weight.... I love the system I am using because it takes you through 4 steps. The final 2 being stabilization and maintaining, giving me the tools I need to keep the weight off. I was feeling desperate to loose the weight and I was considering surgery.... I feel like this is much safer than surgery and crazy no food diets like the master cleanse... The only side effects I have encountered is some moodieness about day 3 - 4 from carb withdrawal and breast tenderness and enlargement. For the first time in my life I feel like my reccomended weight of 140 is obtainable!!! :)
Hi everyone
I want to lose 30 lbs and i am thinking of going on HGC. I was wondering if anyone gained the weight back after the 40 days or the cycle?
http://www.powermaxnutrition.com/

This site has great prices and you can also download the food and menus. I am just in the loading stage:)
I've been a nurse for 16 yrs and have been employed by an HCG clinic for a year now. I,m concerned by how many peaple are doing this diet without any guidence from medical personel. Also when you purchase the unregulated HCG. You have no way of knowing what your getting, it could even be from horse urine instead of human. Most likely it is very diluted down from prescription strength. With it being such a low calorie diet it is essential to be monitored for depleatiom of nutrients and to monitor your muscle mass to ensure your not looseing muscle instead of fat. Alot of symptoms listed on this page could be a potential problem and guidence is needed.
i lost 14 lbs doing the hcg diet for 40 days. what i noticed after the diet was i am always weak in the afternoon and have no energy the entire day. when i was on hcg, i was so energized. now i'm wondering , is the hcg addicted? i am planning to do the second round but my husband is stopping me now. at this point, i gained 5 lbs back already. i was not good in phase 2 & 3 though :(
is there anyone out there feeling the same way i feel? thanks guys!
hey pologirl - i have graves disease/hypothyroid and so my doctor had me do RAI (radioactive iodine treatment).  so i take levothyroxine (synthyroid) of 112mcg to replace the function of my thyroid.  How is everything going for you now?  anything change with your thyroid and weight? side effects.

let me know i would be really appreciative!

22 yr female - 15 lbs to go
can you loose to much weight on this. I have lost 20 pounds in 8 days. is this to much. I was at 285 and am at 265 8 days later. I would like to get down to the 240s is this ok.
Your remarks seem like you are down greading people for using hcg,.
then in the end you condone this  drug.
this is the part where people find out side effects not personal issues that ones having. hopes fr u in ur life of weight isues
I don't doubt that people can lose weight on this diet.  However, I do doubt that this is a long term solution.  Proper diet and exercise for the LONG TERM is the best.  It's about a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.  I workout 5 days a week at 4:30am.  I watch what I eat and have treats in moderation.  It's all about the long term, not the quick fix.  I wonder what all these HGC people will say in a few years.  My bet is they will have gained back all the weight they have lost and then some.  JMHO.
I'm not a hater, just a realist.
It makes sense that after the drops you would loose your hair.  After every pregnancy I had I always lost my hair for a few months afterwards and then it stops and your hormones will correct itself.  Everyone is different so the "small" dose maybe too much for you.  When I started the diet I got very sick.  I caught a cold and an UTI.  The doctor tested my urine and found that my body was eating my muscles.  Remember your heart is a muscle and all your organs are surrounded by muscles.  So..I  increased my calorie intake to 800 and now I feel much better and I'm still loosing a pound a day.  So that just goes to show you that the generic "500" cal a day isn't always for everyone.  The "36" drops isn't for everyone either.   You have to pay attention to your body.  Adjusting things as you go.  Go to your doctor to get checked immediately if you don't feel well.  So far my negative side effects are achy joints, I break out into sweats ( think this is due to fat burn),low immunity and headaches. I noticed my breasts becoming more dense (larger).  But overall I think this is the kick in the butt I needed to start loosing weight over a short period of time!
Has anyone experienced heavy menstrual bleeding while taking the HcG drops?  
I am on day 4 and down 2 lbs :( I am also on my period...doe that matter? I feel bloated and im peeing alot....is all this normal? Thxx
Viewing 201-400 comments: