Hcg- side effects
Has anyone experienced any bad side effects from the hcg shots?  I am administering them myself and just want to know what to look out for.
do you know how hcg will affect me? i have seizures, hbp, hi cholesterol, arthritis, asthma, gerd and 100 extra pounds. any chance of keeping it off?
I have completed one 40 day cycle of hcg and I for one, love it. No side effects to date. I had more energy, slept without the use of my rx sleeping pills, felt better than I had in years, and yes, I lost 20 lbs and many inches although I did not measure at the beginning. I lost 4 inches in 2 weeks and overall two pant sizes. Very noticable.
I'm looking forward to a second cycle of it. Plus, there are so many women around here that now want to take it, I'm planning a seminar. So, the side effects will be helpful in discussion. My doctor has been injecting it for 2 years as a maintenance program and so has his wife. Plus, he says in some of his fibromyalgia patients, the hcg has really helped their pain lesson (not in all but in some).
Everybody should investigate it for themselves and need to feel good about, wholly, before taking it.
One other thing, it was great having a friend take it at the same time. We talked every morning after we weighed. Helped tremendously to have the support.
Where is Seattle do you get your HCG injections, which MD prescribes them?
google hcg...

i went through HCGMedical. I lost 27 lbs in 40 days. I went from a size 12 to a size 6. i LOVE this program. It has changed my life! the program i went through was all doctor supervised and always  had diet coaches on hand to assist me with any questions.

I am getting ready to start my 3rd round in hope of acheiving my goal of 137. only 15 more lbs to go!
you pulled your information off of a site that gives information about hCG injections for women who are trying to get pregnant.

with the dosage that is prescribed to people looking to lose weight, the only known side effect is light headedness and this is actually due to not drinking enough water...

while on the hCG you must drink as close to 1 gallon of water a day as you can

hcg actually improves skin quality, will tighten your skin as you lose weight, help improve your sleeping patterns, give you more energy throughout your day on top of resetting your metabolism

You were asking about side effects.  I haven't had any negative ones.  

The diet has been very easy for me.  The HCG controls the appetite.  I make 64 oz of herbal & green tea mix and drink that daily before 1 pm and then switch to water and drink as much as I can up to another 64 oz averaging between 80-120 oz per day.  Buy a postal scale to weigh your food the food scales aren't accurate enough.  The food you're allowed is very limited not only in amount but in selection.  Don't do calorie matching and make other choices.  

Read inches and pounds several times before starting and while on it.  If you do what it says, it'll work for you.  I've lost about 30 pounds in 30 days. I'm a male and this seems typical.  Women may lose a little less. I haven't been doing much in the way of exercise as I fractured my leg just after starting the diet.

When you come off the diet, you have flush your body of the HCG.  You do this by eating the same drinking & 500 cal diet for 3 more days while not getting the HCG.  Then you can eat anything you want as long as it doesn't have fats or carbs in it for 3 weeks AND you don't gain or lose more than 2 pounds going above your last lowest weight while on the drops.  Then for the next 3 weeks, you can slowly introduce fats and even more gradually carbs.  Inches and Pounds tells you what to do if you gain too much.   Follow it it works.  

It sounds to me like people haven't read the info and are gaining their weight back by going back to normal food right away.  Get the story straight and follow the plan -- read Inches and Pounds.  It does work.

After I normalize my weight (after the six weeks) I'll decide if I want to do it once more (you have to wait between series) or if I'll go back to weight loss the more conventional way.

Keep in mind that the reason you're doing this is to get rid of the fat cells not just make them smaller as in normal dieting.   And to reset your metabolism.   Afterwards, you have to adjust eating habits not to a diet but to a way of life.  Meaning that you give up eating more than you use, get away from fast food, restaurants and processed food, augment it with healthy liquid input (1/2 gallon a day is good) and exercise.

IMHO - it works if you work the plan.  This is what I've found.

Craig.
I have friends who have used hcg for weight loss and yes it helped tremedously but i have some interesting facts you all would want to here about.  My friend did the simione diet (HCG along with the 500 calorie per day).  He was losing the one pound per day like it stated.  In my opinion why this works is because when you take HCG, which is a hormone that is found in abundance in females when pregnant, it stimulates your natural growth hormones to react therefore protecting the body from catabolism (eating muscle for energy), instead it utilizes fat.   You see when your body goes into starvation mode, hence 500 cal per day, your body would rather feed off of muscle and spare fat as much as possible because it is preferred for the survival of the body insulation, coating of body organs, etc...  So....it will work, but there are some downfalls!  towards the third week of the diet he experienced very severe throat pain, got really sick like a bad flu, and eventually gained his weight back.  Also, as he los the weight he looked like he was sick, he looked emaciated, cancer like, pale, thin, weak.

He now is taking HCG again, but this time under a physicians care.  He was prescribed HCG along with T3/T4, Testosterone Cyponate, DHEA, Vit D, and Pregnalone (spelling?).  Again, about three weeks in his throat was in severe pain and now he is thinking that maybe HCG has this horrible side effect with him.  The other meds above he is taking are still not showing him massive gains but, again this isn't a typical cocktail for someone looking to enter a bodybuilding competition, it's strictly to increase hormones to optimal levels, because with stress, bad food, no exercise, you can be on a hormonal rollercoaster and suffer from many thyroid conditions.
Hope this was helpful
DR
What you are describing sounds like ANGIOEDEMA, a very serious allergic reaction. Get to an environmental allergist asap. In the meantime, take high quality salmon oil to decrease the inflammation. Ask for an epi-pen in case your throat swelling gets drastic. Hydocortisone will also help diminish the allergic reaction. What you describe are classic Angioedema syptoms. Get to a Dr. who knows how to treat it...lots of Vit. C, and above.
Does anyone have any information about severe morning sickness like nausea during HCG load days?  My sister got very sick and we think it is because she didn't drink enough water or oolong tea, but we are trying to find out anyone that has info about it.  She is also on a progesterone birth control pill which was ok'd by the clinic we are using.

I've lost 75.2 lbs with HCG and didn't experience any bad side effects but I am not on b/c pills so our situations aren't exactly the same.

Thx!
I really loved it, not only because it helped with me losing weight but also it minimized my hot flashes.  The only down fall was that I began having pains with my right ovarie which I had to stop that injection. I was informed in my case since I previously had surgery (partial hysterectomy) leaving my ovaries I COULD NOT continue with HCG.
I was so disappointed.
I am getting ready to take HCG not to lose wight but to go back to healthyer eating habbits befor I got pregnant with my second kid I was 135lb I was at 160 when I had my baby after that I noticed I was hungry all the time I went to the gym and I drank lots of water but im so so hungry i'll eat tell im sick and in an hour ill be hungry again  
its been 8 months and im now 230lb I am depresses I hate my body I hate me! my body is taking a dive I have chest pains, my joints ake I get bad head akes after eating and ive had low thyroid problems for 5 years HCG was suggested by my ant whos a nurse to repres my hunnger just so I can eat healthier I was told it just represses hunger right?  is there a better hunger reprecent? ive tryed slim fast special gum pill ect im also a hypo condriack so has anyone died from this and how safe is it I still going to talk to my doctor. just needing imput maybe youve her of this.
I am interested in getting the HCG. I have also had a partial hysterectomy, why would it not be a good idea to get the injections. Pain in ovaries, would that be the only reason or what would really happen to my ovaries?
Ephedra or any other stimulant/drug is defintely not the way.  That should be obvious.
I don't know anything about hcg and came here in search but I would assume that if it did work it wouldj preferable to stimulate its' production naturally if that is possibel.
I have had my tubes tied for 13 years and am 48 years old.  I have lost 32 inches and 16 lbs on HCG in 29 days however. I didn't start my period on the day I was supposto. Like 4 days ago.  I barely showed pink after intercourse and still have sore breasts.  Has anyone else done this.  I dare not think I am PG but now am afraid to continue back on the inj incase I am PG.  Chances are slim to none but I have heard that HCG causes birthdefects??  How long after the shots can I take the test does any one know! Teresa
did you find out if you are pregnant? i have read that HCG is not a fertility treatment but it can facilitate pregnancy! if not did you find out what was going on?
I have been on HCG for 15 days and I have lost 16 lbs. The only side effect I have had is dry mouth.
Read Pound and Inches or you do not qualify to say anything about the hCG Protocol. (PERIOD) It works and I am proof...30 pounds in 30 days at 66 years of age with 3 stens in my heart.  I now do 5 light work out a week and play tennis to keep my youthful body.  Any 4.0, overweight 66 year olders want to try me at tennis?
I have been on hCG for 12 days and have lost 14 pounds.

One thing I cannot stress enough is to drink plenty of water! i had heart palpitations about my third 500-calorie day that made it impossible to sleep, so I went to the ER here and they said I was dehydrated! You need to take your body weight, divide it in half and thats the number of ounces of water you need to drink a day. I had been drinking half that, probably, but because I was probably eating 2000-3000 calories a day my body was able to pull enough water from the food that I didn't have such severe dehydration. So cutting down on the calories definitely affected it. Ever since I have began to drink the proper amount of water I have felt fine, though.

Stay safe!
I'm a 39 yrs old male and I've just completed my 1st week of HCG. (down10lbs :)) However I'm concerned that I did not have any bowel movements until day 6. I THINK I'm drinking lots of H2O...I'll increase my intake.
Has anyone experienced constipation and if so is there an Dr. Simeon 'approved' laxatives?
I have to laugh when I read that some of you did not experience hunger during this phase...I'm constantly hunger.