Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Hcg and weight loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Viewing 201-204 comments:
Welcome to the forum :-)    I paid $80 for bloodwork and I pay $63/week for the injections.  This is at a local clinic in Southern California.  As for if this protocol is right for you, that's something you'll have to decide!  Will it work if you follow it?  Yes.  Can you follow it?  It's quite strict.  You have to decide how much you are willing to sacrifice in order to get what you want.  Many of us here (I get the feeling) have been down every diet road ever talked about, but found limited, if any, success.  If you're having success with what you're doing currently, you may not need such a dramatic change in order to reach your goal.

However, if you decide to go for it, we will be here to help!  The protocol we are following by Dr. Simeons, called "Pounds and Inches", is available for free download in several places.  There is also Kevin Trudeau's book you can purchase which has helped a lot of people because of the differences in food (quantities, processing, availability, etc.) that occurred between the time of Dr. Simeons' original protocol and today.

Download the original protocol.  Read it a couple times.  Some people look at it and say "oh, no way can I do this!"  and others look at it and say, "compared to what I've tried, this doesn't seem so bad".

Good luck to you, and let us know your thoughts!
Thanks for the help! I noticed in your response to GJ64 that Dr Simeons Pounds and Inches is available in free download. Can you help me find it? I have tried the website in KT's book directing me to it, but STILL couldn't find it! Grrrr......
Thank you very very much for your answer! Well, it sounds like quite a dramatic way of losing weight. I guess it's better for me to look for a less dramatic alternative like dietary supplements etc.. I mean, 40 pounds ain't that much...
But thank you very much! Maybe you can help me in other topics too ;)
Good luck to all users!
I found it by using Google.  Type exactly:

"pounds and inches" simeons    

in the search box.  The very first entry is the protocol available from the hcgdietinfo website, where I copied and pasted the contents into Word.

Let me know if you have any troubles!  

I just had my first hcg injection about an hour ago!  I am going to an MD here where I live that is Certified in Bariatric Medicine to get my injections.  She did a very thorough blood workup last week, got a copy of my patient file from my family Dr. and spent over an hour discussing my health issues with me (PCOS and Fibromyalgia).  I felt very comfortable with her and the amount of time she put into the appointment and her obvious concern for my overall health and not just selling me a weight loss aid.  I told her I didn't want anything with a stimulant in it and she didn't even try to suggest one.  She explained well what the hcg does in some patients (it of course doesn't work for everyone) and how it is working on the fat in my body etc but the actual WEIGHT loss is up to me with diet and exercise etc.  It made sense the way she explained it...

I will be going there 3x a week for my injection which runs $25 for 3 or $10 each depending on how you choose to pay for them.  I also met with a nutritionist there that went over with me in depth their diet guidelines.  I am on a 1200-1400 calorie a day program.  When I go in each time, I will leave a copy of my food diary for the nutritionist to look over and she'll email me with any questions or concerns.  I'm supposed to track on it too my mood, my pain level etc and she's going to see if she can find any correlation between fluxuations in those two things and what I eat to see if there are any food allergies or reactions involved.

Also, between Phases, I'm going to be taking Lipo-B shots which she said works in much the same way it's just not as aggressive.

Since I have PCOS and my tests show I'm Insulin Resistant, I'm going to begin taking Metformin on Sunday as long as I've had no adverse reaction to the hcg.  She told me to watch for any pelvic pain and or hives or rashes between now and then and if there are none, to start the Metformin.  She said that Metformin has had good results in treating some symptoms of PCOS as well as aiding in weight loss as it works on the Insulin Resistance which is a part of obesity.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this works.  I've read many posts on this forum and would love to have the support that I see you all giving each other!!

Any tips or further information on this program would REALLY be appreciated!!

Thanks for your time!
Found it!! Thank you!!!!
I just found an article on the NCBI website (National Center for Biotechnology Information) which, along with the National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of health, released an article in FAVOR of hcg!  Quick, everyone go read it before they fire the person with enough gall to publish the truth :-)

ncbi-nlm-nih-gov (dashes to dots), click on PubMed in the upper left corner, and then in the white box to the right of the word "for", type 3314409 and click go.

Read with amazement, and pass it on.
GREAT STUFF!  THX FOR THE POST!
Congrads!!!! on your commitment to a new life. Just thought you might really want to read Dr. S. protocal and KT Books . Between the two you will have a very clear understanding , and i have just finished phase ll shots 2 days ago. I have done the shots myself and the 500calorie was GREAT.
if you read some of the above message between myself and jagard you will also get a lot of information , he is really detailed. And i have to say , when i am on the hcg i have NO desire to eat, really i have had to remind myself to eat and a couple of time almost for got to eat the last apple of the day and had to get out of bed and do it.
I also have a blood sugar problem and a low Thyroid, i was told by my Dr. no to take any of my sugar pills to start and i would be surprised on how it will go away. Infact I was Surprised because i never had to take them and i feel better than i have in over 14 yrs. She told me that on this program this type of problem goes away normally. (just thougth i let you now what my Dr. said)
I have just today and than i will start eating regular again, but in my AM. weigh in i have lost 2 more lbs this morning.
Hope this information helps,
Good luck!!!
HI, just wanted to let you know that i did the phasell for over 3 weeks and did not even drink any tea until than and i have great results . So , maybe the tea just helps you get through the day. In Dr. S. protocal he doesn't  say you Must drink it he says you can have them .,  and to be honest i just forgot about having tea because i like having a sweetner in it. And i thought in KT"S book said  you couldn't have stevia on phase ll , but in the Dr. S. protocal you can, i thats when i started it.
Good luck
Yes, if you read most of our postings you will see that Jgard was much like yourself , he was already doing everything right , but just couldn't get the last 30 to 40 lbs off. i myself had already cut carb's from my diet and had no weight loss , but just kept doing it because i felt better. BUT NOW i have lost a total of 25 lbs and over 21 inches and i am loving it. my family and friend can't believe how small i look. i know when i weighted 25 lbs lighter i was not this small the hcg also reshapes your body  and i am wearing  clothes that i haven't wore for years!!!! also by the way i did not excerise one time. I am TOTAL AMAZED!!!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
by-the- way , i think your sooooooooo smart to use Thanksgiving as your binge belive me eat and have a good time. it really helps .
Good Luck and keep us informed
Good Luck and keep us informed
the cost for hcg varies, on this site it seems that everyone is doing it a little different and that is what is so wonderful about everyone posting , because we get to see what is working for each other.
But so far i have seen it as low as $100,00 look at Jgard post he tells you where to get it and how much  he paid. What i paid for it was a little over $600.00 . Thats because i couldn't find it with out a clinic and i had to do all the blood test. and that also came with 30 days of shots. i have just currently ordered from ca.delivery.com ( where jgard got his from and waiting for my delivery for my next time i will do phase 11 , i still want to lose 25 more lbs)
hope this helps you.
By the way if anyone else would like to post what they paid , it would be good so that everyone else can see it all together and also any new comers would be able to see it too!!!
Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I plan to check out the books if only to get more in depth information and tips for the program!!  I am hoping that I have success on the program as many others seem to have!!

The Dr. I'm going to was able to use my most current blood results from the Family Dr. (less than 6 months) and she only had to do a UA which was $25.00.  I didn't need an EKG since I didn't want any appetite suppressants or stimulants.  The cost for the Dr. visit when I need a follow up with her is $25 initially for the co-pay and if my insurance doesn't cover any of it, I will have to pay an additional $55 to cover the total cost of $80.

The shots are $25 for 3 or $10 each.  If I want a complete weight/bmi/fat% workup there is a $5 charge for that.  I plan to do that once a month.  I will pay my normal co-pay for the Metformin if I can continue to take that.  My family Dr. will prescribe it for me since it is to treat my PCOS.  I think that my costs are minimal compared to some I've seen.
I have a question about the hcg shots. My sister started on them a couple months ago and is taking Novarel shots 0.1 ml or 10 units twice a week. My doc gave me mine today (he didn't call it Novarel but just hcg) and my syringes contain .25 ml or 25 units. Is there a difference between Novarel and hcg? And how much hcg is actually contained in those doses? Thank you for any help you can offer!
I have never heard of Novarel, and i worked in the pharmacy retail and hospital for over 14 years.
If you want to know it Novarel is another term for hcg  (chorionic gonadotropin), you could call the posion control center and ask them they are nation wide just dial 411 and ask for the posion control center in your area , Its free and you will be talking to pharmacists and if they don't know they will look it up and find out. Ask them also if it has hcg in it or is it comparable to it.
Is your sister losing weight ? and at what rate?
good luck
NO, Kidding your cost are very good, where is the clinic (state and city) and what is there name.
maybe others would like to go there if they are in your area!

Good job!
I just got my second weekly shot yesterday.  I made it through the first week pretty well, actually, and I'm enjoying my first week's results.  Here are my stats, Starting and Current:

Weight: 278.2 / 268.4
BMI: 43.6 / 42.1
Bodyfat Lbs.: 122 / 116.2
Bodyfat %: 43.9 / 43.3
H20 %:40.9 / 41.4

Plus, after 5 years of being on a prescription for my reflux, I have now been without it for 5 days.  Previous to this treatment with hcg, I could not go more than 36 hours without taking my medication.  When I missed a dose it was just plain excruciating.  So 5 days without it is nothing short of miraculous!  My body is already healing itself.  Wow :-)
I am in Anderson, Indiana.  It's Dr. Erin Snyder...

I just went for my second shot today and you are NOT going to believe this... I have lost JUST under 5 lbs since Wednesday at noon.  I know probably at least half of it is water weight but still that leaves probably 2 lbs of "weight".  And yes I'm eating, actually 1200-1400 calories a day... I'm absolutely amazed.

I have a headache off and on since Wednesday evening but that is most likely due to cutting back on my caffeine and sugar.  I go back Mon for my next shot and will weight myself again next Wednesday...

week 2 of phase 3 and 3lbs down from LIW.  I am starting to believe the whole hypothalamus resetting thing.  I eat 2 times as much as I did before doing the hcg and I have not gained weight.  I do "cheat" and eat carbs rarely which I shouldnt do until my 4th week but I still have maintained.  I am actually down 3lbs from my LIW and my clothes are still getting looser. All the girls at work have had the same experience.  Its really an amazing thing.  I remember before I had my kids how I could eat like this.  I have also noticed too that I dont overeat.  I just eat till I am satisfied. I dont run around hungry all day like I used to and I dont wake up with that bloated feeling either. I go back to lose my last 19lbs (well 16lbs now) at the first of the year. These last 3 lbs are probably water fluctuations but I really think that this method of weight loss is a God send.  I will keep you posted on my progress.

Start weight - 177
Last Injection Weight- 156
Phase 3 week 2 -153

We have very similar start weights.  I was 174.6 after the gorge.  How tall are you?  I am 5'2".  Today is day 12 from my first shot.  I am at 163.2 today.  My goal is 120 and I know my heart will thank me when I reach it.  I really appreciate that I don't feel bloated.  I felt like a baloon before I started this.  I was swelling up everywhere.  I almost couldn't get my wedding ring on in the mornings.  Considering my fingers have never gained weight, I think it is a sign that I needed to also do this for my husband.

I love it when people post their stats.  It really keeps me motivated!
I am 5 5.  Great job on the loss!  By the time you are done with your first round you will be well on the way to 120.  My goal is 135-137.  I always looked too thin when I weighed less than that.  At least thats what everyone used to tell me.  :-) Believe it or not I cant wait to go back for round two at the beginning of the year.  I want to be at my goal so badly plus I love the way I feel when I am on the hcg.  Keep us posted on your losses; I love it when people post stats too.
Down .8 today~162.4.  I think I am due to start my period soon.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised that that is why the drops aren't so big.  I have been weighing everything and following it very strictly, including drinking so much water that I am in the bathroom 20 times a day :0).  I am happy that the scale edges in the proper direction.  
Has any one else noticed that they are getting  soft and mushy?  I am thinking this is the fat breaking down?
Hi Banjoplayer! What's your experience been so far with Dr. Watson?
I've been on the hcg now for almost two weeks... I've not seen much movement in weight since the first week but I can see a marked change in my "size" and "shape", I understand that is sort of one of the ways hcg works.  

I started the Metformin today.  She convinced me to try it even though in the past it's made me terribly sick... she had me take it with a high protein meal adding a little fat.  So far so good today.  It hopefully will help with the insulin related issues with my PCOS and also aid in appetite suppression and energy once my body adjusts to it.  I have an amazingly high stress life and have learned that when your body is enduring extreme stress it releases enzymes and insulin in higher amounts which is a double wammy for someone with PCOS.  Let's hope the Metformin helps...

I've had a lot of luck with the appetite issue.  Actually I've had a hard time eating enough so I'm doing a Soy Protein shake with skim milk when I just can't stomach a meal...

Im from upstate SC and I go to Doctors Choice in Monroe NC on 74.  They only charge $150 a month and that includes everything you need the shots and the diet pills... I've been on the HCG shots for a little over a week now and Ive lost 10 pounds.
There is a clinin in huntersville called northcross medical center and they take insurance, all you have to do is pay your co-pay.  150 a month is steep, NCMC writes your script for Phen and gives you 4 shots to take home with you.
I live in Cali, where in Cali is there a clinic or doctor? I specificially live in northern california (Bay area) and can not find anything!!!! I believe you mention something about a place in California in a very early post.
Kay5280...you mentioned a multistate clinic including one in Cali...do you know where in California and what is there information?
I would be willing to travel 2 hours if they included everything in one office visit per month... Does the dr. give you a month supply of Phen and injections right in the office... This dr. does the $150 includes everything and you don't have to go out to the drug store.
Yes they do, I was thinking for some reason they didnt but I just asked my buddy that goes everymonth and they give him his shots as well as a month of phentermine at his visit. All for just a copay.
HCGMEDICAL.COM
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM
I PAID SO MUCH MONEY AND NEVER AN ANSWER BACK, THEY GO BY WHAT YOUR OWN DOCTOR HAVE FILED FOR YOU, MEANING YOUR OWN RECORDS. THEY PRESCRIBE FOR EXTRA AMOUNT AFTER YOU PAY FOR BLOOD TEST MORE THAN $500
.00 TO HAVE IT DONE IN YOUR OWN CITY NOT FROM YOUR DOCTORS OFFICE AND THEY DONT PAY FOR SHIPPING. I AM TELLING YOU SCAM BIG TIME
Hello, hello, How has the Phase 2 be going? I imagine you've moved on to Phase 3 now? What were your final results?
I wanted to give you and your family an update on my progress  (I promised not to leave you hang'in) I am now almost done with the second week of Phase 4, in other words, I've been eating completely normal for about 2 weeks.  My body has finally setteled on a new weight - 205lbs. You may recall that I ended Phase 2 at 198.5, but the last few lbs took awhile to come off. Well, on Phase 3 my body was fluctuating a few lbs and I finally ended Phase 3 at about 201-202. Then when I started eating normally I got really concerned because my weight was all over the place. I would drop a pound then add 2 or 3 the next day, then lose a few, then gain a few... I was really getting worried!!!

I also, went back and re-read the Phase 3 and noticed that you are supposed to start counting the 3 weeks after the 2 days of no HCG/500 calories. I started counting my 3 weeks after the last injections and then I ended it 2 days early for Thanksgiving.  So, I think that might have messed me up just a bit.  But, I just wanted to let everyone know that I haven't gained any weight after that initial fluctuation. It was funny I stopped gaining weight right about the true 3 week mark. My body found a comfort level at 205 and it seems to always be 205 no matter what I eat. I have been trying to eat salads w/ lunch and dinner, but that doesn't always happen. I haven't had any fast food yet or soda and I don't plan on eating that stuff. Of course, I plan on avoiding the two biggies (Partially Hygronated Oil and High Fructose Corn syrup) as well. So for now it's going good, although as you can see I have gained about 6.5lbs back. I don't know if I would have had different results if I had waited the full 3 weeks or not. I'll let you know how I'm doing in another week or two!
sorry for such a late update.  i am stil down 2lbs under my last injection weight even though i have started adding carbs back into my diet.  i have found that food rarely appeals to me like it used to.  i have to make myself remember to eat instead of dreaming of the next time i could let myself eat and what to eat.  food doesnt matter like it used to since my hypothalamus has reset itself.  the big test was the carbs.  pizza was always a trigger food for me, so i had some the other night and only ate 2 pcs instead of 4 plus breadsticks.  plus i still didnt gain any weight.  thats a huge feat in itself.  

so how is the diet going for you?  keep me updated.  i plan to start injections again 1/2/08 so i will keep you posted.

Good luck to all who try this.  It is the best thing out there.
Thanks you soooooo much for your post. We thought you we went out in this big world ( as a little person and got lost lol,lol,lol,)
I am having the same experiance and you are having, and i am also very worried. I also did the same thing as you did but also i did not do the 1 hr. a day walk. i thought i was to do it after this phase. my body has not settle down yet and i am at 5 lbs over now. so i hope this is the last of it.
i will start the hcg shots on x mas again for 25lbs hopefully. i ordered from the same place you did and now they have a program that you can get your order faster, but i paid for it and its now 5 weeks and it is in customs have another 10 days still to wait. ( may be because of the holidays its taking so long?) just hope it gets here in time, plus i want to give it as a x mas gifts to some of the family that can't afford it.  
please keep posting!!! we look forward to it.
looking forward to your nest post.
how are you doing? Hope things are getting better, did the metformin help you ?
What are you eating at this time? How much weight have you lost?
As you can see i am just questions so please post and let us know whats going on with you . It is good for everyone to be able and see what problems another person may be having and they might have had the same thing happen and be able to post and help you or any one else out.
hope things are going well for you !!!
hi, on 11/12/07 you posted to jgard about weight gain, and ask him what was his diet plan, because you seemed to be gaining weight at that time.
Can , we ask you what you did , because it looks like you got it under control, what are you eating and are you walking everyday etc.... and when did you get it to start working again for you ( weight loss? )  by the way where are you getting your hcg from?
looking forward to your post
Hi everybody.  I live in Salisbury Nc, and there is a doctor here who does the HCG program, but it's not the restricted calorie thing y'all are doing.  He believes ( as do I according to all my research and experience) that you have to eat to lose weight.  Your body needs fuel, just like a car, and a low-calorie diet just isn't enough fuel.  But apparently it works for some, I just wonder how long.

Somebody said "everybody" does 3 shots a week - well, we don't, we do 2, and it's 35 units, and the fat is just melting away.  I try to get as close to 60 g of protein a day, using low-carb slimfast, a certain protein bar which has more protein than carbs, and whatever meat or cheese I feel like, plus yogurt.  Veggies and fruits, then, in that order.  Also do 37.5 mg of Phentermine divided dose.  And B12 when I have my doctor visit monthly.  I'm not hungry, energy is up, body is shrinking, and in 3 months I've lost almost 30 pounds.  I DO NOT weigh everyday.  Our weight fluctuates (especially women) from day to day, and sometimes even from morning to night.  I'd drive myself crazy if I tried weighing everyday, much less counting that as actually weight loss.  It's just fluid.

Oh- HCG is not illegal, and it's not been banned by anybody.  It's not even been tested by the FDA, which is really good, because if it had been and they found out it worked, they'd probably ban it, because one of their big Pharma companies didn't invent it.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.  Glad everybody is having such good results!
Hello, how is your weight on Phase III still rising? or has it leveled off? I just wanted to update you and let you know that things are still good for me. I am still at the 204 - 206 range (fluctuates a bit from day to day) and I'm pretty much eating whatever I want. The Holiday season is tough... I have friends and family always dropping off goodies to the family. I do eat my share, but it's a lesser amount than it used to be.  I still haven't had a soda since I started Phase I back in Sept. and I haven't had any fast food either. I'll keep you posted, but wanted to let you and your family know that all is well with me!!!
This site seems very helpfull, i have been searching the web for weeks to find a reliable source to purchase the HCG shots! i live in Rochester NY, and no doctor around here will perscribe the shots, does anyone know of somewhere i can get the shots around here or where i can purchase them online
I am 43 yrs old and want to lose 90 lbs. I want to try the hcg program, but I am trying to find a clinic in the Memphis, TN area. Please help if you know of a clinic in my area.
A lot of people are claiming to have great results on their doctors programs and losing about 10 lbs per month. Just about any supervised diet is going to give you those results (2.5 lbs per week). You don't need HCG for that. The HCG diet is supposed to produce double those results so 20 - 30 lbs in a month's time. I urge anyone who truely wants to follow the program in it's correct and intended way to read Dr Simeons Protocal in its ENTIRETY which will answer the questions and reservations some may have. You can read it on line here: http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Simeons-Pounds-and-Inches.htm
Hi,  Im 38 and I was researching Hcg and found this site. I started injections Fri feb 22 and they are daily shots for 21 days. I did the 3day cleanse prior and lost 5lbs water. Yesterday and today Im eating Fat as much as possible then 500 cal starts 3rd day. Im excited, I started at 197 cant wait to be thin again. Im working with a doctor at a medical spa in Utah, also a personal trainer and the diet.
I did the diet about a year ago. But have gain some weight back. Due to a few trips and not watching what I eat at times. But back on it. I go to Transformations in FL. I do the diet just as Dr. Simeon said. Transformations alway me to get 7 shots a week. I get a two week supply from them for around $90. This past week I paid $109. but I got a few extra shots. They are a great group to go through. There normal program is 800 calorie diet and 5 shots a week. But if you ask to do the Dr. Simeons diet you can do the 7 shots a week.. Well they are letting me do it that way.

So far since the 11th I have come down 9.7 pounds. So this diet does work.
hcg works!  i lost my goal weight of 19 pounds!  i did the oral drops and it worked great.  i got it at skinovative in chandler az.  they also have a treatment for weight loss and cellulite reduction that works great! look them up its worth it!

I am just about to start the protocol, and I have gotten a lot of help form HCGdieters yahoo group.  They have lots of information, and pre-made files with lots of helpful hints, as well as good websites to go to, to buy the supplies you will need.  Just join yahoo, then go to the main page click on groups, and from there you can search for HCGdieters.  Check it out, I felt a lot more comfortable after reading about websites other people have used to buy supplies from.

Best wishes and good luck,
Audrey
Hi i stated the HCG diet 3 days ago and i missed a shot this morning waht effects will this have ?and i can you
take the shot the week of mentruation? im very nervous for any side effects im 22yrs old and i have
no kids and would like to know if this will effect my chances next year for getting pregnant
Viewing 201-204 comments: