Hcg diet recipes and success
Hello!  

I am currently on the hcg injections from the Native Healing Ways clinic.  Does anyone have any recipes for this 500 calorie diet?

The information that the clinic has provided does list a few recipes but I would like to expand a bit as I am becoming board with current food choices.  Also, I am mostly a vegetarian but eat some fish.  Thanks!
Be careful with GHI they require a IGF1 test it usually tips off your insurance and you can end up having to pay the cost of all the tests out of pocket. They suggested to me that I pay for that test out of pocket to avoid having my insurance come back after me for 1800.00. Which has happened to other patients. Anyway, the igf1 test costs 225.00, but I when I asked if I could skip the test because I didn't want to take human growth hormone. I spoke to someone named Dave he said that is their policy and if I didn't like it too bad, and I could get my hcg somewhere else, which is what I'm going to do for a fraction of the price. I hope it works out for you! Have a nice night MrsTopkat  
Some of the posts I've read indicate they take their shots weekly.  I've just enrolled in a program that includes the shots daily.  What is your program like?  Do you also take phentermine?  I was told I could go to my doctor, have my lab work done with my lab (covered by my insurance) and send the results to this company GHI in Florida (I think) and then their Doctor would prescribe the medication.  They also prescibe bioidentical hormone treatment too.  I'd like to know the list of foods suggested you eat.  I want to make sure that what I'm doing is on track with some of the other positive experiences I've read about.
I'm trying to get the word out there about the new group that was started up for hCG dieters.  I'm not able to post the website, but if you search for "hcg dieters" under yahoo groups it should come up.  There are already 63 members and it just started on the 9th of April!!  There is a lot of great information there too.  We look forward to seeing you there!

Heather
I need the 500 calorie diet I will start doing the shots next week please email me with exact meal plans please i'm desperate ***@****
The 500 calorie diet is incredibly boring:
Breakfast:
3 ounces of water with 3 T lemon juice every morning as soon as you get up.
2 hard boiled egg whites only
2 pieces of melba toast
16 ounces of water.

Lunch:
1 cup vegetables cooked without oil: tomatoes, onions, peppers, spinach (non starchy vegetables), or 4 ounces tuna filet or 4 ounces chicken breast, or other meat or fish
2 pieces melba toast
1/2 orange, or 1/2 grapefruit
16 ounces of water

Dinner: 11/2 cups vegetables as fat-free soup, or cooked, or raw
1 apple, or 1/2 orange, or 1/2 grapefruit
16 ounces of water

Snacks:  1/2 orange or 1/2 raw broccoli or 1 carrot

You may substitute 1 slice of 35 calorie diet bread for the melba toast.
You may drink lemon crystal light
You may have coffee or tea with splenda
You may substitute 4 oz. sugar free yogurt for one of the fruits
You may substitute 4 oz. cottage cheese or ricotta cheese for the meat or fish.

That is about it. I have tried to find recipes but I have not found any.  If anyone has any low fat, low calorie recipes please post.  Thanks
I hope that helps!
Hello,  I have not been able to find the yahoo hcg group.  If you are out there can you please discuss how to find you?  Thanks!
If you haven't been able to find the group yet...here is the link!!!

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/HcgDieters/
My doctor wants to put me on the hcg diet as I am diabetic and 40 pouns. My biggest problem is that I am a vegetarian and the fish, veal, chicken, etc. is nt a possibility for me. Are any of you out there a vegetarian. Can anyone give me some help.
You can substitute brown rice with black beans for your meat portions.  Thats what I have did and it has worked fine for me.  I started 2 wks ago and am down to 173lbs.  I started at 187lbs.  The biggest thing with vegetarians from my personal experience is drinking dieter's tea with stevia in it to keep you going regularly to aid in the weightloss.

Good luck.
Thank you for the veg. sub. for meat. If I didn't find a sub. it was going to be a deal breaker for me and HCG. Do you happen to remember what those proportopms were of rice to black beans.
I use 1/2c of brown rice with 1c black beans but let me check on the recommended proportions for you.  I dont remember if they were the same as that ( I adjusted them a few times to get it to be a comfortable serving for me).  I will let you know if its different.  Godd luck -- you are really going to love this diet :-)
My daughter is also starting HCg next week.....same age as you....also a vegetarian....allergic to eggs!  She was planning on eating cottage cheese only!  Please help with suggestions.
I am doing great on the program -- I have lost a total of 28lbs.  I started at 187 and am now at 159lbs.  I am in my 5th week now.  I am exicited for your daughter -- this program is really a revelation.  Its feels so powerful to know that this diet is in our arsenal oif we ever stray away from our desired weight.  

Cottage cheese is good -- but make sure its fat-free.  They sell the breakstone kind in 4oz packages which is good for this diet.  She could also try some veggie meats.  As well, its not included in the diet but i substituted brown rice and black beans for my meat portions sometimes.  Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hello everyone!  It's empowering for me to know that others are out there working this diet too!  I'm reading some postings about being able to have cottage cheese, rice, beans, yogurt, etc.  I am on my 3rd day of the diet (Dr. Simeon's original protocol) and the choices are VERY limited for the 500 VLCD.  Are you following the newer version?  Where is that diet at?  Here's mine.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Breakfast: Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.
Lunch: 1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.
2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.
4. An apple or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.
Dinner : The same four choices as lunch.
My diet plan is very similar to yours, but i am allowed 2 vegs. per meal. The vegs. are from the same list as yours, but i can have broccoli . How much water are you drinking a day? I am drinking at least 3 qts. ..  I also am allowed oranges and lemons. This is my first week, and i have lost 5 pounds.   I do not eat the bread sticks or the melba toasts.
I too am on the hcg diet shots as well as b12 shots.  My doctor put me on a low glycemic diet instead of the 500 calorie diet.  In 4 days I have lost 4 lbs!  That is good enough for me!! My diet is still similar to yours but I have oatmeal for breakfast in the mornings.  I am drinking 3-4 quarts of water a day.
I'm starting HCG shots next week (hopefully!) with a clinic in CO called Body Solutions RX. I'm glad to see so many vegetarians out there, as I am struggling with a diet as well. I was told that beans are OFF LIMITS on this diet, but see that some of you have had success eating beans. Tofu is acceptable, but not plain yogurt. Any help or advice on veg- friendly diet ideas would GREATLY be appreciated!!
Hi, I'm new and new to HCG (on my 9th low cal day and so far have lost 13 pounds - after getting rid of my loading weight).   I have been primarily vegetarian for many years and having to eat meat (I'm only doing chicken and fish) on this program is really bothering me.  I'm looking for other options and know they have to be out there but need to try to find some consistency.  Does anyone know of a 'vegetarian list' that exists out there as an option??  Help!  Thanks!!
I am on my 3d day of the hcg. So far so good. I am a strict vegetarian.I am having non fat cottage cheese,,  and egg whites, and tofu.I am having major hunger pains at the moment. I just want to sleep to forget it,but I am unable to. Any suggestions??????
Are there any creamers out there that you can have on the diet?
I'm on my second round of HCG. The first round I lost 22lbs in 30 days.  One thing I've noticed is that I can't work out on this diet, at least for me I cant.  This round I tried and worked out 3 days in a row, doing the eliptical for about 40 minutes and then weight lifting.  It led to a crazy gourging incident where I just couldn't handle it.  I think I burned around 500 calories each workout session, and was only eating 500 calories a day...I was losing like 2-3lbs a day but then I totally binged on cookies and I've never binged before.  I'm back to not exercising and losing a steady pound a day.  I can handle the low calorie diet too.  Here are some ideas for recipes if you're looking...

1.  Strawberry/Berry shake:  Prescribed amount of frozen strawberries/blueberries, water, splenda to taste (or stevia) - put in blender and blend....  

2.  Chicken Tenders - buy chicken breast tenders and cook on a griddle or in pan with seasoning salt & garlic salt.

3.  Green bean stir fry - boil some green beans then drain.  Add prescribed amount of chicken breast chunks and fry them up in the green beans with some seasoning salt or seasoning of your choice, and a little soy sauce.

4.  Taco Salad - I use ground buffalo or 90/10 ground beef - cook according to taco seasoning package, then add to lettuce, onion, tomato and top with salsa

5.  Apple Pie - Slice apples, put in dish, sprinkle splenda or stevia and cinnamon and microwave for 45 seconds.  This really does smell and taste good when you're not eating much else....

6.  Shrimp Cocktail -  boil shrimp, peel.  Buy Sugar Free or Sugar-less Ketchup.  It's made with sucralose, which is I think, Splenda.  No calories or fat in it and it works, combine with some horseradish for a wonderful cocktail sauce.

7.  Chili - brown 1 lbs lean hamburger or bison meat with some chopped onion and add chili powder and cayenne powder to taste (maybe a little garlic salt if you have it, but not too much), add 2 cans diced tomatoes and some tomato juice if you have it on hand.  Stir and simmer...makes a nice version of chili - no beans obviously.

I've never invested in that $40 cookbook for HCG, it is just too pricey for me.  I think I would have bought it if it was around $25-$30 but I just couldn't go with $40.  Hope these ideas help the rest of you trying to come up with things on your own!
Oh yeah, I have been living on Kool AID sweetened with Stevia.  Maybe it's because I have small children around, but that takes care of my sweet tooth (mostly!)LOL.

Also, my doctor lets me combine any of the vegetables on that Dr. Simeons list.  I don't know why Dr. Simeons said you couldn't combine them, but I have salads all the time with several of the veggies.  I make a salad dressing out of apple cider vinegar, spices, & water.
I came up with a winner salad dressing today, if you like French dressing!  

5 Tbsp Low Sugar ketchup
1 tsp horseradish
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Splenda to taste

Great on a shrimp salad too!
Hi everyone! I just read all the post on here & saw that MOST people are adding to the Dr.Simeons protocol food list. My question is this are you loosing 1lbs or more a day? If you are not loosing a pound a day then you are eating something wrong & even if you do loose 1lbs every third day that's great weight loss, but it does not reset the hypothalamus like in the VLCD. That is why Dr.Simeons tested many foods to see which ones not only gave you the most weight loss in a day but to make sure that it was accomplishing a cure not just a quick fix. Good Luck !
Here's a delicious meatball recipe:
Karen’s Italian Turkey Meatballs
565 grams lean ground turkey (chicken)
6 slices melba toast, ground
¼ c. milk
1 egg
½ t. oregano
½ t. Italian seasoning
1 T. dry minced onion
½ t. dry minced garlic
1 ½ t. dry parsley flakes
Pour milk over melba toast. Mix together all ingredients. Form 18 meatballs. Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 min. Pour spaghetti sauce over meatballs.  3 meatballs per person. Yum!  Serve with a tossed salad.
were can i get the injection
I'm not sure what's going on with some of these posts. Anything other than the diet which Dr. Simmeon tell us to have is not going to work.
Anything with chemicals which is anything pre-made (this includes crystal light and kool-aid) are not to be injested, stricktly water, tea or coffee only, one TBLS milk is allowed but only Stevia if you need a sweet taste. Organic natural things only, is truly the best way to lose weight on this diet.  He says NO Splenda, and definitely nothing with sugar ever. Read the manual before you start this diet, you can find it online and print it out, that's what I did.
There is also a book by Kevin Trudeau, called "weightloss cures they don't want you to know about". There is a food list in that book as well.
Don't believe the hype and cheating some of these people are talking about, at least in the 500 calorie part of the diet.
Once you are done with 34lbs or 40 shots, whichever comes first, then for three weeks you switch to a no carb no starch no sugar diet, basically you'll be doing Atkins for the next 3 weeks. Remember though, once the shots stop, you need to do the 500 cal for 3 more days to let it get out of your system, then eat the Atkins way. If you gain more than 2 pounds you have a "steak"day, which is water all day and then a huge steak that night.
If you gain weight doing the HCG protocol, you have an "apple" day which is where you eat up to 6 apples from lunch to luch the next day, this should cure any lack of weight loss.
I am doing this diet the right way and also very strict about it. I don't even have the Melba toast, which you can but I choose not to.
I am on my 17th day of the phase 2 protocol and I have lost 25lbs.
Also, I just started my Period and am going to continue to do the shots, from what I've heard it may make me a little more crampy, but I really don't want to put any weightoss on hold for my monthly gift.;)
I read this blog now, today is my first day, but if you have any additional questions, I would be more than happy to help you.
Bikinigerl

I forgot one other thing you can eat on the protocol 500 grams of halibut with sea salt and ground pepper. Cook on the foreman for 5-6 minutes, sqeeze some lemon juice and enjoy!
Unless you are afriad to give yourself the shots, don't spend crazy money on an HCG clinic. You Can do this at home on your own and save a ton of money, it's easy I promise!! Just ask me!
Bikinigerl
Bikinigerl,

Please let me know about saving money on this diet.  Where did you purchase everything?
I have been on the HCG protacol now for 3 weeks and I have lost 15lbs.
I do the protacol and I am good with the 500 cal per day, in fact sometimes I don't even want that.
If you are in the Denver area, look up   www.weightnwear.com
You can get all you need from them.
I think this is great I know several people on it and ALL are happy "losers" But yes you must do Dr.Simeons protocol food list. I don't add anything! Drink alot of water.
This is the best! The daily shots which you don't even feel the needle going in.
Keep it up fellow HCG'ers!!!!
I use the George Forman for almost all my food.
I also take my cabbage and cook it with my ground turkey and tomatoes..Makes a good dish..I have been cooking my tomatoes and mixing them with my ground turkey. I make my cabbage and shread my chicken in it and it makes a soup.
I blend my strawberries with ice and water, I do not use any sweetner, I know you can use Stevia but I don't. Cook your apples, mix apples with celery, mix some of the foods on the list. It works out good and by just mixing the food makes good meals.
Good luck..
go to
www.weightnwear.com
for HCG siminars,
Does anyone know if this is safe for 13yr olds
I started the oral HCG a month ago and lost 13 lbs.  I stopped losing the last week and decided to try another mont (at a total cost of $1,450 dollars)  I am fanatic in sticking to Simeon's very restrictive and boring diet.  Are the injections more effective than the oral?  Has the cost been more than anyone else has paid. I am desparate to lose the last 10lbs to reach a weight of 135 on my 5' 2in frame..   PLEASE ADVISE
Also I have been told to eat fewer tomatoes which I cosumed every day alternating with spinach and my only protein is chicken since I can't find fresh fish in CO>
in phase 1 what do you eat to be satified?
Hello, I am brand new.  I just started the hCG sublingual diet.  I am on my second loading day and I have gained two pounds....its coming off, right??  Does anyone get the shakes from hCG?  Well, I am 5.4 at 145lbs and I would like to loose 25 lbs.  I just turned 40 and I have never had so many problems trying to loose weight before.  I hope this works! cml68
Hellob fellow Hcg dieters!!  I too just startedn Hcg within the last two weeks and so far so good for me, but I agree, you do really have to stick to the protocol and Dr Simeons plan to loose and reset your body and hypothalmus to stay at that weight otherwise seems to me that you would just gain it all back once you stop.  Anyhow good luck to all I enjoyed reading all the posts!  
You will gain on the first two loading days, but it does come off fairly quickly. I gained 5 lbs from my binge days, but lost 10 lbs in the first 3 days. . Don't get discouraged! I have not done the shakes though. Stick to the diet and hcg will work it's wonders
do you really believe this is safe?
I am glad I was able to read all of your comment. I lost 10 pounds after 4 days on HCG. However, I wasn’t aware of the NO SPLENDA rule and have been consuming 3 packages per cup of tea 3 to 4 times a day and have not lost anymore weight. Thanks to your comment I will STOP using splanda immediately
I am on my 30th day of hcg (I am using sublingual) and for the last 8 days I have been totally stalled.  I thought it might be because it was my TOM, but I can't find any information that says that would cause me to stop losing.  I have lost 17 pounds so far and lots of inches, but I was hoping to lose about 8 more and I only have 3 days left!  I follow the protocol, so I can't figure it out.  I don't think this is my "ideal weight" and I'm not hungry.  Help!!
Hello everyone;

I am writing to wish everyone a continued success. I was a bit skeptical of this diet at first, but since I am doing it, I am not quite that skeptical anymore.

I started the HCG protocol 20 days ago at 144.6 lbs.  I on the eve of my last injection and I am 128.4 lbs. It has been worth it.  But I need motivation to stick with what I call the even harder part of the protocol, in Phase 3.  In phase 3 we can eat more, but all sugars and starches are still off limits. It is extremely hard to find things with no sugar or starches at the store.  Later on, I have a question for hardened HCG'ers who can answer a question about peanuts, yogurt and nuts having ABSolutely NO SUGAR.  I have found even organic peanuts have 1 gram of sugar, which I was advised by WHole Foods personnel, is found in their natural state.  

But I have some tips.  They have helped me, and I received them from the doctor who gave me the HCG prescription.

First, You MUT stick to the protocol.  I have the biggest sweet tooth ever and asked the doctor could I use crystal light.  She said, 'you could' but its best not to.  I decided against it, and have only drank water and coffee.  I am glad I did not. Crystal light has aspartame in it, and that can act as sugar, as I have read from some of the HCG Dieter's posts on yahoo.

Second, You MUST drink the prescribed amount of water for your body weight. I have a big problem with this and I think this is one of the reasons for one of my two stall periods.  My body also wanted to have a period in the middle of the injections, as a response, (I guess) to the HCG in my body.  I don't know.  But I continued on.

THIRDLY, you MUST eat the 500 cal's a day.  I also failed at this sometimes.  Near the end of my protocol, I am one day away from the last injection, I have found that eating the restrictive diet is not appealing to my appetite, but I have to force myself to eat to keep up energy. Please do this!  If you want to be tired and sleepy all the time, then don't eat your allotted calories.

Fourth, IF YOU MUST work out, do it sparingly.  I am in the military, and I have a regular, regimented work out scheme, that includes alot fo cardio and alot of weight lifting per week.  Not that I ordered to, but I work aboard military aircraft and deploy to places where I must wear heavy cavlar protective gear. The cavlar clothing weighs at least have my body weight.  In order to stay in shape, I have to work out.  On the protocol, my muscles felt fatigued when I didnt work out for the first week.  I then OVER DID IT, and did my favorite Bikram Yoga, did some eleyptical and even tried a run! I almost passed out at Bikram yoga.  Regular Yoga class was ok for me, but, trust me, your body DOES NOT have the calories to burn by exercising AS WELL AS burning the abnormal calories that the HCG is doing for you. IF you must work out, walk at a brisk pace.  I did a "Race for the CUre' Marathon here in Tucson, and it was 3 hour walk. I think that was a little over the top as well.  Please, friends, keep your exercising moderate, and know what works for you!

More to follow

Leigh B
The more, as I promised....

Fifth, the injections, which I was told, is the only way to obtain the HCG solution now, is not that bad.  Whether you inject in your abdomin, or I inject in my upper thigh, most injections are quite painless.  Very few days I had a bit of trouble getting the needle through the skin, and I just switched places and the needle went it no problem. If you are scared of needles, the needles are quite small and approachable.  Please, if you need this diet, don't be scared away because of your fear of needles!

Sixth, KNOW WHY YOU ARE ON THIS DIET.  Whether it is to save your life, whether you decided that you wanted to fit into those jeans in the back of the closet rather that spend extra money on new ones, or whether you truly want to welcome a new healthy lifestyle, this diet will change your eating habits.  I think it comes down to our will power.  It is like, if we submit to our religious preference, we find it easier to follow the protocol of that religion.  I think it is the same here.  Make it your priority to know what you are allowed to consume, to make your meals daily so you are not tempted and don't have to think about making the 500 calorie count, and, just as an added benefit, to know that you have the ability to stick with something that not everyone is doing.

Seventh, continue to research the HCG dieter's through forums such as ones on you tube, yahoo, and forums like this.  Read 'Pounds & Inches' and read other websites dedicated to the matter.  We can all learn from one another.  As we find out that our bodies react differently to different things, we can advise others, but let's be careful not to advise what is not in the protocol.  We can just say, 'this worked for me'.  For instance, I watched a YouTuber named Langel Blue, and she was giving her 3th day Phase 2 update. She mentioned that while she was in a stall, she heard of a viable way to break it from another YouTuber.  Her suggestion worked to break her stall. I tried the last of her suggestions and it BROKE my stall. However, I can't advertise that to you all because it just may not work for you, and it may cause your body to increase weight.  I also asked a question about what people have experienced in P3 if they did happen to deviate from the stabilization period and eat a bit of sugar. One lady on Yahoo told me nothing happened to her, and the other two commenters told me it was best to stick to the protocol, which I intend to do.  Not like the one person was wrong, and I was looking for experiences.  The main thing to take away from this paragraph is everyone is different.  We have to truly assess what is going on with us, and if we know we are sticking to the letter to the protocol, then we know the weight is being lost in the right way.  Keep up the good work!

Lastly, PLEASE dont be afraid of stalls and slower weight loss!  I was deathly afraid of my first, but, like others, I will say, that even though I did not loose weight on the scale during that first stall, I lost inches in the hips.  Your body is being restructured, though the scale may be telling you other wise.  Please be patient, it didnt take us 2 weeks to gain the weight we are trying to shed!  Be patient and be happy with any progress. And know that you have the ability to go for another round, stick to the protocol and make a success out of the space you are currently in, our even that if you 'cheated' you can correct and get back in the game. You can win over that pesky unwanted luggage. I think everyone who has commented so far knows that.

Here's my question again, if you all forgot after reading my book.    

I have a question about if it is ok to use products that have about 1 gram of 'natural' sugar in them.  For example, I have went to Trader Joe's and to Whole Foods and both nuts the stores carry had a 1 gram of sugar.  I was told it was the natural sugar found in the nut itself.  I really didnt want to buy it, but didnt see not one nut without any sugar.  I found this true for yogurt, peanut butter, and 'lite salad dressing' as well.

I went food shopping and, following Dr simeon's protocol, went looking for nuts without any hint of sugar (even naturally found in them), peanut butter, and yogurt, but I did not find any. I found those items with very low counts (peanut butter 2g, low fat plain yogurt 7 g of sugar), but found nothing absolutely sugar free. Even the organic peanuts had a gram of sugar in them.  I am wondering is this ok to eat?

Besides this, I am a bit apprehensive about going into phase 3.  I found that I will probably make my meals a day ahead to make sure I am boosting up the fatty and calorie count and staying true to everything. Since we are so used to preparing and writing down our meals and measuring them, I figured I might as well do that in this phase as well.  Also, I plan to make a mental of how foods are treating me, so I can know whether eating that banana was the wrong thing to do, or whether it did not make a different.  I will be monitoring whether I really can eat the sticky rice or orzo, or really just stay away from it as the protocol says.   I will be introducing my diet SLOWLY the new foods that I will be eating.  ANd, I figure this is a great time to experiment with things I have never tried, like Tahini.  Im looking forward to my tahini salad dressing, though the food as a 'peanut butter spread' just doesnt loo so appealing.

Any comments?  Drop me a line at ***@****, Ide  love to hear from you!

LEigh B
I am on day 6 of injections (my first off day) and 4th day of VLCD. I do not feel hungry at all and I don't find the diet to be boring in the lease, you just have to be creative. Here is an example, its delicious!

100g steak
1 tsp sambal oelek or red pepper flakes
2-3 cloves minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic paste
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
2-3 T Water 100g cucumber
half lemon
chopped cilantro
Peel, seed and slice cucumber.
In small dish, combine cucumber, juice of 1/2 lemon, and chopped cilantro. Toss.
Cover & refrigerate to marinate while preparing the rest of the dish.
Preheat pan over MED-HI heat.
Slice steak into very thin slices.
In small bowl, place steak, sambal oelek, garlic, and white pepper. Be sure to coat steak well.
Place steak in pan with water.
Stir fry for 2-5 mins depending on how you like your steak cooked.
Serve immediately while hot over cold cucumbers.

You can also substitute lettuce or cabbage in the allowed amounts for the cucumbers.
This is my fifth day on the HCG diet and I have lost 5 1/2 lbs, that I am very proud of.  I have not truly hungary at all, but I NEED something sweet.  I am afraidn that I am going to cheat, if I do not have something.  I have been drinking all the water that I am supose to and have followed everything else to the t.  Any options out their for me?  Angel food cake has very few calories and almost no sugar, that has to be better than a candy bar that sounds so appealing.

sweetoothinMissouri
i have lost a total of 60 pounds on this diet and have about 40 more to go! i have tried so many other ways to loose weight and this has been the best yet! i will never do anything else!! i love love love this diet program! :)
I've been on the HCG diet for 24 days today.  I'm sticking to the original diet like glue, no cheating no changes.  I've lost 8 pounds.  I'm so disappointed.  I've been a life long dieter, being obese by the time I was 8.  I've weighed as much as 350 pounds.  I'm 53, 5'7" and 180 pounds, which is where I've been for almost 10 years.  I've done every diet known to man and I can't loose an ounce.  This was my last hope.  I'm a vegetarian, so I use yogurt and tofu for protein instead of meat.  Anyone else have such issues?
Thanks!
Thanks so much for all that you shared about your experience with the HCG diet.  I am on my 14th day of the Oral HCG and had lost just under 12 pounds in 11 days.  I then went out to Sabino Canyon with my family and ate part of a SUBWAY meatball sandwich and a cookie.  Gained 2 pounds back.  I had not cheated or deviated from the protocol until then.  I have immediately gone back to the protocol and decided not to beat myself up too bad, as I used to.  Anyway, I have been a dedicated exerciser for years and workout about 6 days a week.  Definitely have found that I cannot exercise like that while on the HCG.  Not enough energy.  I am thrilled at my weightloss so far.  I can now fit into pants and skirts that I was unable to wear for the past year or so.  I am 40 years old and the mother of four and losing the weight has been extemely tough the last two years.  Its like some switch turned on and all of a sudden no matter how healthy I ate and how much I exercised, I just couldn't get the weith off.  Actually, seemed like I just kept gaining.  I finally feel a glimmer of hope.  I was acutally surpriesed that I lost 3 pounds during the gorge phase and then a pound a day after.  I have not dropped the two pounds I put back on from that meatball sandwich, but I am confident that I will not have to wait too long before I get back on a roll.  Again, thanks for your post and good luck to anyone else out there who is just getting started or feels that there is no hope.
Does anyone know if zero calorie steaz is okay while on hcg diet?
Kevin Trudeau book says get massages.  HCG says no oils or lotions, but organic
virgin coconut oil okay.  Wouldn't that be okay for a massage?  Can't find that answer anywhere.
Why is salmon prohibited.  I forgot that it was not allowed and ate salmon. Otherwise i've done really well.  is the salmon going to 'do me in'?  thanks
I can not comment on Kevin Trudeau's perspective on the HGC Protocol and massages, however, the original Dr. Simeon's HGC Protocol prohibits massages - no matter if oils are used or not.  In his book under the heading "Massages", it specifically states, "I never allow any kind of massage during treatment".  Under his explanation for this, it goes beyond the use of oils and how your skin (your body's largest organ) can absorb these oils, essentially making it counter productive to your weight loss - but also how the kneading and massaging can make the fat unusually hard, making it essentially impossible for the fat to be absorbed by the blood cells from the scarring caused by injuries inflicted by "rough" massage practices.  
According to Simeons "Pounds and Inches" book, salmon (in addition to herring, mackerel, tuna, and eel) have a high fat content.  Apparently, other fish choices are acceptable.  As for "doing you in" by eating it once ... I kind of doubt it.  Typically, if someone "grossly" falls off the wagon, they are supposed to see a 2 - 3 day delay in loss results.  If you eat a food group in the right proportions that is modestly higher in fat than other members of that food group, it would be predictable that a less than optimal weight loss will result in the following morning weigh-in, but it shouldn't be devistating.  

Personally, I'm only on day three of Dr. Simeons' HCG protocol - where I "eat to capacity" fat laden foods (but no starches) while still taking HCG injections - otherwise referred to as the "non-effective" shot phase.  However, after eating so much, I still did lose three pounds in the first 48 hours, but the book states people can GAIN weight of 4 - 6 pounds during this period.  This makes me concerned that I'm doing something wrong since I'm loosing weight from the start.  He futher states that proper forced feeding is essential for the remainder of the protocol to run smoothly.

My second concern is that Dr. Simeons' book essentially states that while on the protocol, Vitamin/Mineral Supplements are not required since wnile the fat is being burned, "all the vitamins, the proteins, the blood, and the minerals which this tissue contains in abundance are fed back into the body."  However, my doctor has placed me on four different supplements with his program (although mostly enzymes).  Has anyone else been placed on Supplements - and do they interfer with the original Protocol?  It would seem that even the Vegetarian Casule shells would add oils into the diet not originally planned for.
I am interested in starting an HCG diet with the drops. Does anyone know what website I can order them from. A reputible one. One that does not cost alot of money too. Thank you:)

Veronica
I have been doing the HCG oral off and on since Sept of last year.  I am currently on the last week of another Phase 2. I have lost 35 lbs so far. I have noticed the longer u do the diet the harder it is to get through it.  The first time I did it i lost 24 lbs in 34 days. I was faithful on Phase 3 and maintained within 2 pounds. I also ate whatever i wanted after the three weeks and did not gain. After 6 weeeks of Phase 3 i went back to Phase 2 to lose more and lost to 37 pounds. This time when I went to Phase 3 i did not follow the diet and gained back to 24. After the holidays I went back to Phase 2 again, which is where i currently am, and hope to get to 40 before this round is over. I plan to faithfully stick with Phase 3 this time to maintain. As for your question about a cheap plase to buy the HCG... I buy all of mine on ebay. I have never used the shot but u can buy it there too. Since I have started the diet, many of my friends have started it also. I usually order for all of them also and just sell it to the for what i bought it for. I have bought it for anywhere between $13 dollars a bottle and $25. I have a friend that is going to a dr. to get hers and pays $150 a bottle with the same results. Just make sure whoever u order from has good feedback. U just have to find your own info about the diet because most of the hcg on ebay does not come with info.
Today is the 15th day I've been on the hCG diet. I've lost 13lbs, and feeling great. I was told to have 4 10oz protien shakes (supplied by doctor) 4 times a day. One when I get up, one after 3 hours, then 3 hours after that lunch of 3.5 oz meat, handful of veggies (up to 3 combo), and either apple, oragne, strawberries, or 1/2 grapefruit. Then a shake after 3 hours, then dinner 3 hours after that, the same as lunch, and a shake 3 hours after that. Most of the time it seem to much. I didn't do much excersie for the first 12 days and I was loosing about 1lb per day. I did walk 4 miles in 2 hours on my 13th day, and now i'm not in ketosis, and was extremely hungry. I was tempted to cheat but did not.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get back into ketosis?

I haven't cheated except on my 5th day, beacuse of a baby shower I went to.

You have to take your body weight and divide that in half and drink that much in water in ounces per day. So much water, makes you have to pee alot.

I do the daily injections that way I know I am getting the right hCG dosage, and it isn't painful at all.

I do crave bread and pasta though.

I am 5'1" and weighted 198 when I began, I want to be down to 120-130lbs. This is working so far, I think I will keep with it until I am down to where I want to be.

Good luck to ALL! :)
I'm now on day 25 of the hcg diet and I have gotten pretty creative with my meals. I am so sick of chicken that I would rather not eat ever again than eat chicken. I'm also not a fish eater, so I'm limited.

"Hambuger"
100 grams ground beef (leaner the better)
cook it in pan (obviously w/o oil) with a little garlic salt and Lawry's (or other seasoning of preference)
Drain as much as you can and then put on plate with paper towell and soak up as much grease as you can. Then eat with a few pickles (Make sure the ingredients are only cucumber, salt, and vinegar.) and a few slices of tomato

Spagetti
prepare beef as above. Return meat to pan. Put one (You could probably get away with 2) whole peeled tomato(s) from a can (make check ingredients for sugar) into pan. Put some spagetti seasoning, a little garlic salt and a little water. let simmer a few minutes. Enjoy with one melba toast (I prefer garlic flavored).

Chicken fajita
cube or strip your 100 grams of chicken (I prebake a bunch of servings at once but you can still do this raw.) Slice up an onion (I use about 1/4-1/2 and prefer to leave mine in rings) "grill" up the onions in a pan with only a little water until they start to caramelize or get browned on the edges. Add chicken and some fajita seasoning (obviously the whole packet is too much.) Add as much water as needed, and let simmer until onions are tender. Eat with a few slices of tomato.

Chicken salad
put salad greens of choice in your bowl. Cube up prebaked chicken portion and put in salad. Crumble up your Melba toast (I prefer the garlic salt flavor for this) like little crutons. mix a little vinegar (I prefer apple cider) with some italian dressing seasoning. Pour over salad and enjoy. Sometimes I like to dice up part of my apple and put it in for an extra crunch.  

Cinnimon apple treat
peal your apple (I like the green granny apples best) and core it. Put it in a bowl with water and microwave for a few minutes. Every microwave is different. When it is soft, sprinkle with cinimon and enjoy.

Elk
cut up elk rost into 100 gram portions. Put chunks in crockpot with water and beef bullion. Cook all day. I like to put a little piece of Melba on my spoonful.

Shrimp
not tricky but just an idea. 100 grams of shrimp cooked and chilled. dip in lemon juice.

I love food and hate to eat boring food, and sometimes I dont eat my full 500 calories. But these ideas have helped me feel a little more normal.
I realize this posting is a year old, but maybe someone else has the same question. $1,450!!!! holy cow! I spend $40 for my 40 day supply!!??? Where are you getting your stuff??? I got mine from my chiropractor. I'm doing the oral stuff you hold under your tongue for a minute and I've lost 10% of my body weight in 22 days. That's with a week of zero loss due to my period. Pretty good I'd say. Someone is robbing you!
hi everyone~
just a few points that i have come up with from my own findings and readings......
firstly, this is the second time that i am using the hcg protocol. the first time i used injections through a clinic($1200) and did well. i lost it in P3 because i was NOT EATING ENOUGH!!! your body has been used to consuming 2500-4000 calories a day while on hcg, so you need to fuel your body and keep your metabolism going or you will in fact gain your weight back!
secondly, i have found a company in colorado that i am using this time around that makes homeopathic hcg. i was basically doing an experiment to see which was more effective......let me be the first to tell you, THEY ARE!!!!!! i have kept careful records and the results are the same if not better than the injections. the only downside is that you must take them 6 times per day as opposed to one a.m. injection. something i was easily able to get over considering my drops werre only $39!!
a note to those who want to "cheat" with sugar or low fats.......every morning your hypothalamus will screen your blood for sugars or fats...If there is ANY in your system,it will not trigger your body to release any of the stored fats. if your hypothalamus does NOT detect any fats or sugars in your blood system, it will then send the signal to your body to release some of the stored fats in your body. this is why there are no sweetners besides stevia allowed, splenda is chlorinated sugar. the 500 calorie diet keeps you near starvation mode so that your body will draw from it's other resources, fat, for nutrients and energy. the "fatter" you are the more you have to burn.
as mentioned by someone above, packaged foods, kool-aid(?!?!?!?), taco seasoning, sour cream, pickles........IT IS NOT IN THE PROTOCOL! you may keep the weight down, but you have to remember that you are completely reprogramming your hypothalamus gland....these things will interfere.
this is an amazing protocol. i have seen amazing weight loss for people. i will support this protocol 100%, always. it is not a diet, it is a life style change. i also think that a person needs to really read and understand the process and how it works, so that the protocol will keep it's credibility.one also be mentally ready for the change. i can't tell you how many times i hear. "hey! get me some of those diet drops..." , so annoying. it's not a quick fix it !is hard work, as the drops/injections are only P2!
anyways, continued success to all of those on this wild ride! take it one day at a time, and remember if you stall, you're still reshaping and losing inches, so keeeeeeeeeep going!!!!!!!
Can someone let me know where i can get a product that WORKS cheap online? my e-mail is pryncess at ymail . com
Hi - I am in my second week of P2, doing the oral hcg. I got mine from ebay - 2 bottles for $28.00. I have a lot to lose and this will take a while, but I've already lost 15lbs in 10 days and that includes 3 days of no drops while on my cycle. This is the best thing I have found. I am a lifetime dieter...and am also a lifetime weightwatcher member, not that I've ever reached goal, but I go and go and go with little or no results. I have not been hungry at all. I have more energy, but I do notice a difference not taking the drops for 3 days in my energy level. I am a bit more tired. Sometimes I forget I even have to eat. It's crazy and I am truly excited to see the weight just fall off.

I have stuck to the program exactly as it should be, except for the fact that sometimes I just don't want that grissini or that piece of fruit so I don't eat it. I love that we can eat pickles, but I watch because they are salty and i don't want any water weight gain from too much salt. I have stopped craving sweets, and only use the truvia or stevia when absolutely necessary. It's amazing at how much my attitude has changed. I never before had willpower this strong. But it's easy to stick to it when you are seeing results each day.

If you want to try the oral drops, go to ebay and search for nycjosh - that's the seller I got them from. He has a good reputation and has never had any negative comments. I got free shipping and also free online paper work.. The pounds & inches book, tips, the program itself, and a ton of HCG recipes.

I am loving this -- for the first time in my life I feel like I can beat the fat!! YAY! Good luck to all.
Hello all! I am starting the HCG drops this week and I'm so excited to see the results. The directions say to put 10 drops under your tongue 30 minutes before you eat 3 times a day. Well....on the work days I won't be able to have a snack in between lunch and dinner, which means I won't eat 3 times a day. So is it okay to take it before I go to bed? Or do I have to eat 30 minutes after I take it?
I just want to thank those who shared their recipes

Thank you very very much.
I'm on VLCD 10 and have lost 10 lbs so far. This is my SECOND plateau already. I have no clue what the heck is going on with me but I am hoping to lose another 10.  I'm craving chocolate SO bad that I'm almost miserable. I tried the chocolate delight recipie..omg, that was gross. any suggestions?!
I have been on the HCG injections now for 27 days and have lost 34 lbs! I am 52 and only semi-active. I was totally sceptical because I have tried many diets. I ordered mine from InchesandPounds.com from Richard or Rick (not sure what he goes by), but he was very informative and was there when I had questions and called me evertime I left a message. I am trhilled with this diet and would recommend it to anyone. I thought only doing 800 calaries a day would be hard but after the first few days it isnt so bad. Try it if you are serious about losing weight.

Zack

Hopefully you already got your answer... If I understand what you're saying, you don't HAVE to eat 30 minutes after doing the drops. It means don't eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after taking the drops for full effect of the drops. I would do morning, before lunch, and then before dinner.

Hope that helps!
Good luck.
Hi my name is April. I just started the HCG diet. This is my first day.  I just had a question about the 500 calorie diet we have to be on. Im not much of a cook and i dont eat alot or have much to choose from at home. What are some simple things i can eat?? Please email me. ***@****
I am a vegetarian on the diet for 10 days(injections) and 7 days 500 cals.
So far have lost 8 lbs.  I am a 41 y/o mom of two and have tried unsucessfully to lose wt for 2 + yrs.  I am a vegetarian and am looking for options ...otherwise  might need to learn to eat fish. Glad to know that there is a support group  out there..
I'm really glad I found this site!  All of the posts were SOO helpful!!  I've been on the diet for 2 weeks and have last about 7 pounds (last time I checked)!  I do not have a scale at home but I get weighed at my doctor's office every week.  After reading all of these posts, I'm thinking I may go ahead and invest in one!  I didn't want to get one because there have been so many diet failures in the past and I didn't want to obsess about my weight if this diet didn't work!  I've always said that I would rather "see" the difference in my clothes to know if my diets were working, but judging from the posts it is important to know the success of this diet's effectiveness by weighing myself daily (which frankly, is a little intimidating for me)!

I have been pretty happy with the diet so far.  I have had some slip ups here recently though...drank a little Crystal Lite (won't do that again); had a french fry and a sip of milkshake (won't do that anymore either) and to top it off today is my birthday and my husband is taking me out for dinner!!  We compromised and I'm going to a place called Seasons 52 which specializes in keeping everything on their menu under 500 calories.  So, I plan on getting some fish or something as close to protocol as I can!!  My ultimate goal is to get down to 145-140 and I'm right at 200 so I've got a lot of work to do!

Anyway, thanks for the support.  I was ready to throw in the towel and start all over but reading through all of the posts made me feel like that wasn't necessary to do.  I guess I haven't fallen too far off the bandwagon! :)  I'll be around.  Best of luck to all!

...and the recipes are great!  Keep 'em coming!
I just steamed organic green beans, added my 3.5 oz of shrimp and 1/4 of a tomato (used a little seasoning) and had a delicious meal!!  I'm on my first 'real' day of HCG and I'm excited!
Dayle
I am just starting the first of the two heavy load days and can not find any info for day 3 regarding vit. e and fish oil vit.  I take quite a few during the day and also use pure vit. e oil (nothing else in it) on my skin.  Is this allowed?

Thank you
Sorry, No oil is allowed even in a supplement or topical. You really shouldn't even touch anything oily or greasy.  I made the mistake of tasting a shrimp I made for others that had butter and garlic...big no no.  Stifled loss for 2 days.  I am now 12 days and 11 pounds lighter.
I  have been on the injections for about 13 days...not doing so well. I only need to loose 15 pounds but...have cheated a few too many times due to some commitments. Should I just start over or what? SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST!!!!

PRETTY PLEASE WITH STEVIA ON IT~
Well it depends how much or how bad you cheated, just small cheating or eating like you used to cheating? If the latter, yes start over otherwise it can be corrected but you may just need to add an extra week to however long you were going to do the program. DON'T CHEAT, if u feel the need go to the support chat room
http://www.chatzy.com/111493577082
Thanks so much for all the information. I am on day three and am doing injections. I had some health issues (high blood pressure and thyroid) so wanted to make sure that I did it under Dr.'s care the first time. I have about 40 lbs to lose. I am trying to stick with the protocol and have searched for recipes or at least ideas so that I don't get bored with the food. I wasn't really hungry today until mid-afternoon so ate my apple which I had saved and a few radishes.

Anyway here are some my recipe ideas: Italian Wedding Soup (no pasta), kabobs, stir fry, Lettuce Wraps, Cabbage Stew, hamburgers, Bruschetta, Meatloaf, mashed caulifower, Crab cakes, Cucumber Tomato Salad, Fruit shake (I have a vitamix so will will also add spinach), taco salad, chili, spaghetti (using cabbage as pasta), and baked apple with cinnamon.

The reason I am doing HCG is that I have tried hard to lose the weight since the birth of my children but, with the tyroid issue, actually had gained about 15 lbs about 6 months ago. Here is my reasoning for HCG: My clothes was getting really tight so it was either spend the money on new bigger clothes or spend the money to lose the weight and fit into my smaller new clothes bought awhile back. It's like that commercial: Cost of HCG: $330, Cost of Food: $40 weekly (no eating out), Being able to fit into smaller clothes and look great: Priceless

Annette

Just an update. I am on Day 6 of the protocol and am down 9.4 lbs. I am thrilled. Yesterday was the first day that I was kind of hungry in the evening but I ate a couple radishes, three tiny pieces of chicken, and drank some water. I was fine after that. I know I not supposed to eat more than 100g of protein per meal but I figured it was better to do that than eat the bean and cheese burritos that were calling my name from dinner that I had made. I am currently making three mini meatloafs and italian wedding soup. I will probably eat the soup for lunch since it smells delicious and the meatloaf with mashed cauliflower for dinner as I am making meatloaf and mashed potatoes for my family.

I have found that planning meals in advance and cooking a few at time is easy for me. That when it's time to eat and I am hungry the food is made. I won't have the urge to cheat while I cook to get rid of the hunger.

Annette
Today is day 3 for me using the injections of HCG.  I have read so very much from all of your wonderful posts!  TY for the info and encouragement.  Need to be sure of a couple things.  Resetting the hypothalamus, NOT just losing weight and inches.  SO...no crystal light, (drank all my water today with this), no added packages of spices to create tacos or the such.  Some say yes, some say no but I think if this is all about "reprogramming" my body, then I need to eliminate the "extras" since I don't know what they are doing to the reprogramming process.
For those looking for good recipes search 'hcg gourmet cookbook'.  I downloaded a GREAT cookbook that was written by an HcG patent and all of it follows protocol.  GREAT ideas and yummy recipes; including tips and products that are allowed; like Vanilla cream flavored Stevia drops in coffee and ice in a blender! yum.  

Anyone know about how much lemon juice we can use?  I have been putting in all the water I drink.  Is that allowed?

Kerry
Hello, Can someone tell me why i would have two days of a stall my weight was the same and 1 day of actually gaing weight, when I stick to the diet and eat only what is on the list. Sometimes I dont eat the protien at lunch just the salad. I have been on it now for 11 days.I was actually very dissapointed. I started out at 128.2 and I am now 122.1 so I did loose 6.1 lbs but i get upset when i get on the scale and see either I didnt loose anything or I actually gained something. PLease any advice would be much appreciated Thank you
Hello, I have done HCG diet several times, the first time I did the shots, and lost 40 lbs in 6 weeks, it was easy the first time. I did the shots a few more times and it not work as well as the first time, I had a hard time with the shots, I then tryed the pills, and part was though the pills I swiched to the Homopathic sprays, I lost 10lbs that first on the spray. I am on the spray for the 2ed time and have been on it for 3 days and have lost 7 lbs so far, I use eggs and chicken and Sheeps feta as my main protiens, the sheeps feta really works. I know its not on the protocal, I mix veggies and use brocliee, I also do this cocktill thing, its a mix of 2 table spoons of Apple cider vinger, Very cold water, and some stevia to teast, its like lemonde, and a good idea to have one a day, it helps with cravings and if you stall it helps
Today is my first day back on the vlcd after taking a 3 day "vacation".  I had lost 16 pounds in 23 days but gained 3 while out of town.  I binged on sugar-and alot of it.  My stomach hurt the entire time.  I am so excited to be back on the drops.  My question is about the chocolate delight.  Is that for phase 3?  My husband, who is also on phase 2 made some and continued losing but it stalled my loss and I havent had any since.  I really would like something sweet for the occasional day when I am craving sweets.  Thank you
I am in Phase I of the protocal, the cleanse phase and am concerned.  I met with a nurse practioner in Mi who specializes in this diet and was excited to get started.  My concern is with my work.  I am a massage therapist and work about 3 days a week. I am in constant contact with oils and creams and was told that since it's just on my hands it shouldn't be a problem.  But after reading some of these posts I am worried that this will be a problem.
I am going to start next week and need more info on the Loading days.... I am wondering if the people who experience hunger pains did not Load enough... could this be?  I definatly want to Load properly...HELP ????
OK, I am on the HCG diet, Day 17 and have lost 15 lbs. YEAH!!!  I will not lie though, I DO get cravings. I so want some cheese (my weakness) or sushi, or Popeye's chicken , or...well no need to continue. The truth is when I get my cravings, I am NOT hungry. I just want to eat out of habit. So when people ask me if I get hungry on this diet, honestly I don't. A few days I even forgot to eat my second apple because I wasn't hungry and was going to eat it later. But I do crave stuff. I will admit that I have cheated a little. I have eaten a couple of slices of fat free cheese over the last 15 days. I have eaten a few fries (5) from my daughter's plate, and I even ate a piece of bread one day. Although, I would love to say that I have never cheated, I figure that if I totally ignore my cravings, I will go overboard. Instead of a slice of cheese, I may eat three slices of pizza (although I don't think I could anymore). I told the Dr. and he said that as long as it doesn't affect my weight loss, that is fine. That I know my body better than them. He also said that people who deprive themselves when they crave something usually tend to overdo it when they give in to their cravings. Am I saying it's OK to cheat when obviously the reason we are all doing this is to lose weight. No, I am not. What I am saying is that, if you are going to cheat, cheat small, VERY SMALL. For those of you who have done this and never cheated, I commend you. My goal is to lose at least 25 lbs when I am done but would love to lose 35 lbs. BTW, despite my slips, I have continued to lose weight daily and have not hit a platue yet. I'll keep you updated. Sorry for the long post.
I have been on the 500 cal for 3 days now and today nearly passed out so I had to have a piece of bread.  I think I have low blood sugar.  Any suggestions on what I could eat/drink to help and not cheat?
Has anyone used the miracle noodles in the first phase and still had weight loss success??
Please get back to me :)
I have a bowl of radishes and cucumbers cut up and ready to snack on if I get real hungry. If you have low bood sugar though, try to save your Melba toast and apple for when you are feeling low. For instance, if you feel fine at lunch, eat your protien and veggie than a little later (before you feel low) eat your apple or Melba toast. If your blood sugar feels too low, I would suggest eating an extra Melba toast or another apple. When I was at my weekly check-in last time, I heard the man in the next room asking the same question because he was a diabetic. The Dr. told him to eat an extra apple if he needed too. That is better than going for sugar drink or bread.
I have been on the injections for 8 days now...lost 7 ponds and it's TOM, so not sure if im gonna hit a stall..I am a type 2 diabetic and feel like my sugars dropping also, but I tested and its not below normal, thats just the feeling you get when you have a drop.

Have a Melba toast and try to space outyour foods more to keep the sugars even, ive seen a 50 point reduction in my am sugars without meds in just 7 days so I am hoping once i reset everything i can get off of em forever!
I have hit and plataue and am going to do an apple day today. I have been at the same weight the last three days so time to get it jump started again. I do have a success to share. When I started the HCG shot 23 days ago, I was on two BP meds. I have not taken them for the last four days after it dropped a bit. I have checked it everyday and it is normal. I saw the Dr. on Tuesday and he said as long as it doesn't go up, I can stay off my meds. YEAH!!!
I cheated! I am on day 11 and down 8 pounds and I just let the hunger get the better of me.  Im 5 "2" and 148 lbs now and I need to lose like 20 pounds more. I ate bbq chicken, cabbage, little mac salad. BBQ sauce has sugar, and pasta is a def no no. I feel soooo disappointed in myself. How can I turn this around? Should I do an apple day tomorrow or just get back on track?  

Thx,
TAP
I am interested to know if anyone else has used the miracle noodles during phase two of the protocol also. I just started reading about them and am intersted in trying them. I know that I will use them in Phase 3 but would actually like to try them now since they have no calories. I know someone said they were using them but never really said how it was going going as far as weight loss.

I did my apple day yesterday and lost 2.6 lbs. I was thrilled since I had been stalled for about four days and even went up a little without cheating. I figured my body just went into storing mode although I was eating. I am now down 20 lbs in 26 days. My goal is 30 lbs but I would love to lose more. I still have 14 days of shots so hopefully I will reach that.  
I tried the miracle noodles yesterday. They were filling. I used the black noodles because I read they hold sauces better. I used them with a tomato sauce that I made by blending my tomato with italian seasoning and garlic. I also added my chicken to the meal.  I will say that it tasted fine except it looked kind od gross. I think I will try the white noodles next time just because they would look more normal. I rinsed the noodles, patted them dry with a paper towel, and than put them in a pan to "dry". When they were not as moist, I added my chicken (cooked) to the noodles and cooked it a little longer than added the sauce. I did feel really full at the end of the meal. Also, I did not have any weight gain the next day. I am going to ask my Dr. today since it is time for my weely checkin. I'll let you know what he says.

I am on my !st Day of the diet and dont know what to eat any sugestions
I keep it pretty simple when it comes to the food.  For lunch I love having a shrimp salad.  I use mixed salad greens and add some shrimp and some salad dressing.  I buy the frozen cooked shrimp in a bag (no cooking involved).  I found the best salad dressing.  The brand is Galeos, only use the miso ceasar or the ginger wasabi.  I use the ginger wasabi for the shrimp salad.  I think that this is really the key that has kept me going.  You can order the dressing online.  I swear it is so worth it.  For dinners, I grill chicken tenders and asparagus.  Just use salt and pepper with an herb for flavor.  Keep your salt use consistent daily so you dont get messed up from too much salt.  I also like to lightly steam broccoli and eat a bunch of it.  Thats what I do for the days I am a little extra hungry.  
I asked my Dr. yesterday about the Miracle Noodles and he said they were fine as long they are the Shirake(sp?) noodles and not the tofu or soy noodles. I am going to buy some white ones today. I found them at an oriental store in my area. If not they have them online but, due to shipping, they are more expensive. Checked your whole food stores in the refrigerated section.
My BF Britt and I have been on the HCG injections for 5 days now, its great to have the support, he gets soooo excited about the weight loss and things he can choose for lunch and dinner, it's amazing to hear him so excited. We got the injections for around $70 through an out of country pharmacy and I did verify the manufactourer and it is legit. I also bought the needles syringes mixing vials and the sterile water on line also NO questions asked! Especially about the diabetic syringes with no script... So anyways we are 5 days in and are loving the results and the foods, but I am just curious why you can have some fruits, veggies and meat and not others. we have been researching this and really can t get an answer except that they must be combined to have the FULL effect. I am down 5 lbs and he is at 4, not bad for a few days of NO work. My biggest problem is trying to find recipes, i did find a website that had many of sauces, beverages, meals and even salads but i want more and not being a "cook" by any means its hard for me. We decided to do this diet since many people and doctors at work have been very succesful and EVERYONE has their own input on what to do and try and suggestions on dosing, its crazy. I guess the bottom line is.. if  you follow the Dr simeons protocal EXACTLY you will lose the MOST weight, if you decide to change things up a bit you may not lose your full potential PLUS you may not "restart" your hypothalymus correctly when you do stop the diet. and please make sure your follow the phase 3 when you do stop. You dont want to take all this time and put it all back on!
BEst of luck to everyone!!
Dawn
WOW, you guys have to try this I just ate it for lunch:

Cook your ground turkey in a little bit of water
Add cajun spices to turkey
Cut up radishes and cucumber and put 2T of Apple Cider Vingear on top
Add Cooked ground turkey and pepper

I know this sound super weird/gross but it is so good! It's crunchy and spicy and delicious!

Hope you like :)
Yesterdays lunch... Craving Italian food really bad? Try this

Slice chicken and cook in a little bit of water (4-5T?)
Add Italian seasonings and pepper
Slice up a whole tomato and throw in with chicken after it is done cooking

When the tomatoes are soft it's done.... Sooooo yumy!!

http://jodisweightlostjourney.blogspot.com/
I read your blog. I see you are in Peoria. I am in Chandler.

Yesterday, I had a cabbage soup that was so filling. It was chicken broth with lots of spices and onions cooked for a little than add cabbage and cooked chicken. I was stuffed at the end. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com but had to modify it leaving out the soy sauce and a couple of other minor things. It was great. I couldn't finish the broth so I saved it and will use it today for lunch with my miracle noodles and a chicken salad on the side. This makes for a very filling lunch, let me tell you.

My weight loss has slowed down this. I am kind of dispointed because I would really like to reach my goal of 30 lbs lost. I still have about 1 1/2 weeks so there is still hope. Of course, I am going by my numbers and not my weekly weigh in since I weight myself in the morning first thing as told (naked). According to my scale, I have lost 23.6 lbs but according to the Dr. I have lost 19 lbs. I use a digital scale and they use the slide scale plus I am fully dressed. I did get into my smaller pants today since my other were getting too loose. Also, I wear my belt a full four notches tighter. Yeah!!

Good Luck everyone. Have a great day.
can you eat wassabi paste mixed with vinegarette sauce?
I have a success to share. I had my blood work done last week. I have it done every three months due to thyroid and cholestoral problems. My thyroid in normal now with meds and my cholestoral, which is super high, dropped a lot. My triglycerides were "703" last time. (Not a typo) and they are now 279. I was thrilled. My overall was 290 and is now 213. My LDL could not even be calculated due to my triglycerides last time and it is now at 111. You can't imagine how good that feels. Once I am done with the HCG diet, I will go back on my meds which are an ultra pure fish oil and the Dr. thinks I may be able to get it within a normal range with that. This was a part of why I decided to do this diet. I had a lot of health issues and knew I had to get serious about doing something about them.

I just had to share that.
Started HCG on May 18. (loaded 18th and 19th).  Gained about 4 pounds those two days but have lost 9 pounds since.   Have a couple of questions about condiments.  Can we use the following:  balsamic vinegar, wassabi paste, Real Lemon (in my water), sugarless gum?  

I bought some fresh strawberries and froze them.  Now I just put my 3.5 oz in the blender with just a little water and I have sorbet.  I also freeze a couple and eat them later.  You have to scrape the top because it freezes solid, but that takes time and by the time you are finished, you are not hungry any more.

My husband and I tried the miracle noodles with my HCG spagetti sauce.  They take the flavor of what you mix them with, I think.  But if you keep thinking about what they feel like and look like, you may not be able to finsh them.  I swallowed big bites to finish them and they do keep you full.  Does any one have anyother recipes that would make these noodles not so yucky?

Good luck to all!
I think the Miracle Noodles feel like gummie worms except they are not as thick. The second time I ate them was not as bad. Number one because I think I made a better meal with them but mostly because I was not surprised by the texture. I do cut them so they are not as long. I might have a couple of longer ones but mostly they are shorter so I don't have to bite them. I used them in a stew with chicken broth, meat, onions, cabbage, and spices. It was very filling since the cabbage doesn't count toward my meals with my eating plan. That is one of my "free" foods. I'm not sure what everyone is doing but my Dr. has given me a list of foods which I can snack on when I get hungry and they don't count toward my calories. I do cabbage for meals, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, radishes, and celery the most. I think there are others but those are ones I use to either add to my meals or as snacks.
I have seen that chicken, beef and vegetable broth are free foods.  Is that true?

Also, is lettuce and tom the only veggies we can eat together at a meal?
AAHHH! I am at the same weight as yesterday.  I know it will come off so I am staying strong but it does feel crappy not to have the scale go down.  My waist has gone down one inch in a week.  
There is a soda I found that is called Zevia.  It is made with stevia so its all good!  Lunch today grilled steak seasoned with sea salt and black pepper and steamed broccoli.  Also, try the Good Earth Original sweet and spicy herbal tea.
Have you read "Pounds and Inches" ?  It will really help you with what to eat and not eat.  If it isn't in the Simeons list to eat it will add something to the diet and take away from your weight loss potential.  You can have one vegetable per meal- mixing vegetables is not part of the protocol and he warns about that in his paper.  I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing as much as my friends then I found out I was using seasoning salt and lemon pepper that had sugar in it!!!  I did add miracle noodles and they are filling and "0" calories. Also be careful of creams that may have oil or fat in them.  I lost 17 pounds the first round, started round 2 of VLC today...my goal is get off 30 this time- no cheating!!!
Annette,
I love your posts, and since I am seeing a Doc in Scottsdale, I was hoping you could give me some pointers. I would love to get the actual recipes for these items you discussed in your April post, and would love to have someone to chat with one on one. I don't really have a support group, as my boys and husband are eating normal, and at some times I think he (my husband) even eats certain things to tempt me. :)

If you are interested please reply to me at urendagirl at gmail. Thanks
I see that some people are using onions, that's ok even though it's not on the veggie list? I'm a vegetarian too and have been eating Quorn Naked Cutlets. I didn't think tofu was ok, glad to hear it is. Also, from what i've read it seems a lot of people aren't reaching the 500 calorie mark, that's why they're hungry. Instead of measuring out their foods, they're going by discussions that call for "a handful" or 3 or 4 strawberries. That's not a full serving.
Thanks for the info.  I have lost 14 pounds since May 20.  That includes Memorial weekend in CO with my son and family, going to a Rockies game and being at the BoulderBolder 10K with my husband and daughter in law!!!!!  

My eye sight has really gotten bad just over the last few days.  Have you heard of the diet affecting anyone like that?
I have been on HCG drops for 11 days now and have lost 13 pounds so far! I am wondering what happens if you do Phase 3 for only one week or so if that will make me gain back my loss. I had planned to do P2 for the whole month of June, but did not really know about P3 at the time I started. I have a lot of vacation planned for July and want to be able to have some drinks and eat what every one else is. Any comments?
***@****
I did some searching on this before I started, and I read that the 3 weeks is critical in order to reset the hypothalamus. bummer
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where I could get the HCG drops from in the Toronto (Canada) area? I know that ebay sells them, but I would like to start the diet as soon as possible!!

Sam
I am on my 9th day and I've seen several posts that suggest that salt is allowed for seasoning foods.  Am I wrong?
this is my 6 day and i am finding i am very hungry. all I can have is an apple for breakfast with coffee, lunch and dinner lettuce, tomato, cucumber umlimited and i vegtable and 1-protein. I am very weak and hungry. I am sick of lettuce, cucumber, ect.. any suggestions? I am on the hcg spray day and night. diet seems too harsh and strick to maintain.
Hey.. sorry to hear you are not feeling well. To be honest, i have a hard time believing in spays... i don't know much about them but i do know about biochemical body processes which is why I chose injections.

IF you still feel hungry, I mean really hungry, after all those days then something is def not right. I would recomend testing the potency of your spray first, then pay attention to what makes you feel full and what makes you feel more hungry. I try to stay away from apples for that very reason (even tho i really love them)

I'm on day 2 of VLCD and my first day was hard... i was really hungry, my second day i'm a little bit hungry, but much less then yesterday. I know the hunger will be reducesed the futher i go. Also, try playing a bit with your dose - not by much - but it just might do the trick.

Also, try some mental prep - ask yourself why you are doing this and tell youself that you can do anything you set your mind to. It's all in your hand.

And lastly, I live by four little words that really help me in times like this, when excuses just keep on piling on... Know What YOU Want!

Do you want to lose the weight and be happy and healthy for life or do you want to break your own promis and be in the same you were few days ago?

It's all in your hand my friend! StayStrongKeepCalmCarryOn!

Your HCGDietRockStar
Hey Guys,

Would love to hear your thought on Spenda... i have used to for years and I only put it in my coffee (one cup a day)

Do you think it's preventing me from loosing more weight than I am?

Thanks !!!

StayStrongKeepCalmCarryOn
Salt is goooood man!

In fact its very imporant for your body especcially since we're drinking so much water.

When you think about it - if you are just eating meat and veggies/fruits, you are really not getting much, so don't go crazy with it but yes, it is allowed (ref: to Pounds and Inches, don't know what pages but i know its in there)

Little tip: try using sea salt since it's better for you!

Hope this helps you!
I have started the hcg and I'm about where you're at.  It seems the coffee and water thru the morning and toast seems to keep me going... I put the apple off a little and eat it closer to lunch.  You need a meat and veggie for lunch and dinner with a melba toast between each.  I wonder about your hcg's potency too.  I'm on the sublingual also.  I've had more melba toasts several days.  I've had like 600 cal and still lost, but I'm trying to stay to what he says to eat.  I eat an egg white some mornings too.  they're only 15 cal.
I made a vinaigrette with strawberries and it's wonderful. I put strawberries in my salad  sometimes. Be sure you're drinking the water you need to be drinking... it really curbs your appetite.  I've used George forman grill for chicken and put the vinaigrette on the chicken for moisture and grilled seasoning it to taste... it's great with your salad. I just diced a tomatoe and put minced garlic with it and put part of the tomatoe mixture withseasoning that I like and browned a piece of chicken just searing it and then put it on top of the tomatoe and then put the rest of the tomatoe mixture on top and baked for 45 min.  look for hcg diet recipes... you'll find some you like... you might alter them to your liking. don't give up!
Yes.. splenda will change your sugar level drastically... I'm the same way... I LOVE splenda, but we just can't use it until we get where we want to be... the book says that when we begin to introduce things like that very slowly... because ultimately we want to change our metabolism so we can keep the weight off.  That's what hcg is designed to do... it's pretty awesome.
Suggestions to anyone frustrated or new or inquiring on the HCG diet:
For Ana,
I have to agree that if you are feeling hungry, the spray may not be working. I am amazed how "not hungry" I am. The first day after the two day gorge I was hungry, after that very seldom. I also NEVER eat anything for breakfast. Several times I even skip lunch because I am not hungry. Try to maintain your mornings without any food for as long as you can and see if that helps. I like the feeling of knowing I can still have two meals "yet today" and find that many times I end up with only one and sometimes I even skip the fruit and/or vegetable from even that one meal. I started at 370 and have lost 28lbs in 21 days. DO NOT get discouraged by the scale. Keep a tight shirt or pants handy and note the changes on how it fits. I have lost 20lbs before but it has never made such an impact on how clothes fit. It is truly amazing and hard to explain. I am wearing clothes in only 3 weeks that I have not been able to wear in years-EVEN THOUGH, I actually weighed less 3 years ago!
Good luck to us all! I will never "diet" another way again. I will finish this round soon, and start the next round as suggested.
Ok, 4 straight days of the same weight and I am on my 8th day. I do NOT cheat and follow all the instructions - dry chicken, dry toast, and dry veggies (which I hate). Can you sense my frustration?? Oh, my belly roll is still there...
My husband and I just started the HCG diet. We are having trouble figuring out what veg are a NO NO. Is there a certain veg you should stay away from. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
I only eat lettuce - like mixed greens. Any vegetables but corn, beets, potatoes, any veggies that are starchy.
Well, here I go!!  Very excited after reading all the success storeis.  Today's my first day after the load days.  I've had a headache all day!  (Is that normal?)

Wondering why mushrooms are not allowed considering they are mostly water content.

No fruits allowed except for apples, oranges and strawberries, right?
I hope you have better luck than I have. I am on my 14th day and the first 5 days I lost a pound a day then the last 9 I have only lost ONE pound. I don't cheat and it's very frustrating. My son gets married in 26 days and I was hoping I would be down at least 15 lbs - oh well, maybe my stuff isn't working bc I am HUNGRY all the time but I don't cheat thinking this is supposed to work.
Hi softballmom11 ... you should do an all apple day where you eat nothing but 6 apples. The diet clearly states that if you plateau, you should do this to help jump start your body again.
oh thanks I didn't know that about the apples. I am finished with my 21 days and lost 8 lbs but wanted to lose 20 at least.
you can get the jobs instead of injections online at yourhCGdrops.com
have you lost anymore weight? I'm curious where everyone is getting the hcg shots/sprays, etc. Do you have to go through a doctor? What is the best form to take it in? Is there any information out there on if the weight stays off? I did the b12 injections diet, lost 20 pounds and gained 25 back.