Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Help with injection sites for B12/Lipo .. best site??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

I have just started with b12/Lipo shots adn would appreciated any input on best injection site for intramuscular shots?? Thank you
Hi I give my injections either in my stomach below the belly button or the outer part of the thigh.  Once the needle is in remember to pull back on the syringe to make sure you are not in a vein.  If when you pull back there is no blood then just shoot the serum in.  This does not happen often out of 3 to 400 injections I have given myself I have only been IN a vein 1 time.  Good luck
Do you mind if I ask your opinion of the B12/Lipo shots and how long you've been doing them?? I try and read all of your responses because you seem very knowledgeable about all of this!!
CC
Hi  I am taking HCG 7 times a week .2cc and B12 .35cc once a week.  I have never done the lipo, 1986 I did the HCG and it worked for me, so that is what I went back to.  From my research on the net it sounds like the lipo starts doing the same thing, breaking down the stored fat, but with lipo it goes through the liver and with the HCG it is a lower calorie diet and your body eats off the fat cells.  I do not have alot of willpower so I do not always make the right decissions and when the diet tells me exactly what I have to eat no more and no less I seem to be able to follow it.
No it is not the best or most sensible way to loose weight.  If you are a stong person try the sensible ways first.
Good Luck.
Me again I forgot to mention 1986 I was on the injections for 6 months.  About 5 years ago I tried the diet again but could not stay on it, I was only on 1 month and lost nothing because I was doing little cheats like salad dressings, or using mustard and ketchup. Cannot Cheat.  This time I started the injections September 4, I weighed in at 240 pounds and today I weighed in at 224 pounds.
Hi Ladies..Thank you so much for your info.. I was so nervous and afraid I would hit a vein.  Have been giving shot in side of thigh..sometimes when I tried to pull plunger back its seems like there is alot of suctin and hard to pull back is that normal?? Does it hurt to inject below belly button..?? I know that the HCG shots on either side of the Navel; you feel nothing at all..Thanks again for your help and Good Luck again to everyone.
I have lost 11 pds so far but lots of inches.:))
b/12 with lipo is giving intramuscular upper lateralside of the thighs or gluteal muscle) Look at your needle if it about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long it goes into the muscle. If you are on hcg shot the need is small about 1/2 inch or a little longer it goes into the stomach... be very careful. if you are uncertainabout where to give yourself the shot, google in intramusclar or subqutaneous (stomach) injections. b/12 is only given into the muscle where it is absorded quickly, and if it is given in the fat tissue of the abdomen it will take longer to absord.
GOOD LUCK
Is it dangerous to shoot b-12in the vein?