Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Help with paying for weight loss surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

I am a single mother of six children three boys and three girls and i have tried over the years to loss weight but nothing worked and i am down to my last to seek help. i want to get the lap band surgery done but i do not have health ins. at this times and i want to loss the weight so that i can keep up with my kids and be healthy. if you know of someone that can help or any other programs that asst. low income families that can not pay for this please give me a call 804-714-7778 or e-mail me ***@****
If you get any information pleae let me know I in the same boat with the no ins.  I recently lost my job and benies that wentwiyh it and we cant pay to get me on my husbands plan 100$ week no way.. I dont have kids and until the last year not alot of health problems due to my wt so good luck in your search and I will let you know if I find anything
My husband is a stay at home dad, we have two kids, barely make it work with just my salary with nothing extra. He is starting school next year and had to do the Stafford loan, thank goodness we don't have to pay on that till he graduates. I have insurance through work and have tried for year but they will not cover the surgery. My BMI is 51, i have tried dieting and exercising all my life. Nothing works, i will lose a few pounds but nothing has been permanent. I would love the oppurtunity to be an average weight for once in my life. I'm 31 a mother of two small kids and want to be there when they get older and to run after them. IF anyone knows of anything that can help please let me know, my email address is ***@****, i'm in Durham, NC. Thanks soooo much.