Weight Loss Alternatives Community
How safe are lipotropic and b6;b12 injections?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

I have an appt in Birmingham AL with a doctor that gives lipotropic and B6 and B12 injections along with appetite suppressants. Has anyone ever heard of any dangerous side effects from taking these?
Hi: I don't know if your appointment is with us at Advanced Weight Loss Center,  we have clinics in Pelham, Trussville and Homewood. But I would like to respond to your question, just in case your appointment is elsewhere. For most all patients the injections are safe and without any side effects other than the induced weight loss you are trying to achieve. Lipotropic injectables contain a small amount of lidocaine to reduce the sting of the injection. Very few people are actually allergic to lidocaine, but if you are one of them, you need to be aware of this. I wish you the best with your weight loss, here are some of the most important points I would like to share with you. 1. Keep a food journal. 2.Don't allow  a set back make you quit, everyday is a NEW day. 3. Don't forget to find a friend to encourage you.
How quickly do they work?  I understand inches come off 1st, but what about sagging skin etc.??
yes im just over weight and crying out for help i have excessive stomach fat that protrudes in  every thing i wear  but im lacking  in the buttock area i hear the shots shrink the buttock area and targets the mid area wonderfully please help what should i do.  
Please don't do it!!   i was on a diet just recently at a clinic which gave B6 and B12 injections.  Sure I felt great for the first few weeks but as the weeks progressed my B6 and b12 levels must have been so out of wack i started experiencing eye problems and joint pain.  I think i was having an allergic reaction to one of the shots but the doctors there would not follow up.  it's expensive and I can't believe I did it.  It wasn't worth it.  To anyone who is thinking of doing this, I hope that you do your research well.  The caloric intake on many of these diets is below 900, although they tell you it's 1000.  In my opinion, many of these "diet doctors" are crooks.  They know that there is tons of rebound weight gain. This will keep them in business forever.  Anyway, I'm still very bitter about the whole experience and lack of support from the clinic re: my side effects.  I am now having allergy tests to determine if I was allergic to anything in the shots.  The clinic voids itself of all responsibility so i don't think they should really claim they are "medically supervised"  It's amazing how all my side effects disappeared after I started eating healthy.  it's a crock!!!
I have been taking lipotropic, vitamin b 6 and 12 shots for about 2 months now....once a week. I have lost 7 inches in my waist, three on my thighs and two in my upper arms...24 pounds total. I am starting to get my figure back....and cellulite has started disappearing as the inches have come off. that is the only TRUE way to get rid of those nasty things without cosmetic surgery. I recommend these shots to any and all people!!!!
I'm going today for my first shots.  I'll post my experience here.
This stuff works. I actually get it from my doctor. I use it once a week
I JUST STARTED MY SHOT YESTERDAY AND I BEEN GETTING MINOR HEADACHE; EVERY SINCE . DO THINK IT'S BECAUSE MY BODY IS TRYING TO ADAPT TO ALL THE NEW MEDICATIONS?
I TOOK THE ON DEC. 16 2009 IN TRUSSVILLE SO FOR I FEEL GREAT BUT MY TESTICALS SORE AND HOUR AFTER TAKEN THE PILLS I WILL CALL TODAY TO SEE WHATS UP WITH THAT
The side effects are very minor compared to the HCG shots that have serious side effects. They are minor as in Headache, hunger pains, runny noise, nausa, throwing up, and such.

Ive known alot of ppl to do Lipo/B12 Complex Shots without any issues except a headache here and there.
I have started the bernstein weightloss prog just yesterday where i got a single b6/b12 shot and a double shot today. I feel very nervous although ive done enough research. I feel like my chest is tight and my head hurts is this normal? Also i have to take micro k and b vitamin 100 do these have any side effects? i have to start taking that tomorow. please help.
It's probably all in your head. I never had any weird side effects!

I am 22, and not overweight, but I started taking the injections one to two times a week just to lose a few pounds about two months ago. This stuff is A-mazing!! And I am the biggest skeptic about stuff like this. I've lost a lot of weight. So just stick w/ it!!!

I suggest going to Dr. William Summers, located in Trussville, Alabama (near Birmingham, Alabama) for weight loss and weight management.  He offers these very safe shots at an affordable price.  I have been very successful with the shots, although I was scared at first.  After going to see Dr. Summers one time I was pumped up and ready to lose the weight.  The lipotropic shots have worked wonders for me.  Give Dr. Summers a call to make an appointment at 205-838-3740.  You will be glad you did...I promise!!
I have started the lipotropic injections with B12 and B6.  I LOVE THEM.  I have had two so far.  (one a week).  I also take the Phentermine (1/2 a pill a day about 10:00 a.m.).  I go to Slim Savy in Moody.  They also have other offices.  I can tell you this....they are wonderful.  Also to note:  if you are going to a weight loss clinic you need to ask how many ccs you are getting per injection.  Some of the weight loss clinics are giving only 1cc...charging less, but you are not getting the full shot that your body needs to make it worth your while.  Some people get one shot a week and some two.  You CANNOT take the shots too much b/c it can affect your liver if you overdo it.  I have known people to go from clinic to clinic thinking more is better, but it is not!!!  If you do the shots the way they are intended, follow a great diet plan (low cal low fat) eat the recommended calorie intake suggested for you, drink water and exercise, IT WILL WORK.  Good luck to you all.  We are all doing this for our health.  It's not always about being "skinny," but about feeling good about yourself and being healthy.  I, personally, do not want to deal with heart problems or become a diabetic b/c I gained too much weight.  I am getting it off now and doing something about it. Again, Good luck and be safe in whatever you decide.
Hi, I also go to Dr. Summers in Trussville, Al. at St. Vincents East.  I started the shots this week and lost 2 1/2 lbs already.  I have had these shots before in another state and they work great!  Fortunately I've never had any side effects, just be careful and learn about your particular body and what affects it and how.  You can't go wrong with Dr. Summer's, he is fantastic and the best OB/GYN I've ever had.  He really listens to you and is so down to earth.  
Anyone know of a clinic or physician in Ohio where I can start these injections?
I live in Arkansas, USA and just went for my first Lipotropic/B12 injection today.  I actually feel great (could be the placebo thing - who knows).  I start on the Phentramine (phentermine) tomorrow.  The weight lost clinic put me on 37.5mg of it once a day.  We will see how it works.  I am on Zoloft too, and after doing my research, it seems safe.  I am not looking forward to an accelerated heart-rate so here's hoping that doesn't happen.

I'll keep you posted on how I go.  If anyone else has anything to share, please do.
Dr. William Summers in Trussville (just a few minutes from downtown Birmingham), AL is a great physician and offers a weight loss clinic.  Several of my friends also go to him and we have all done great with the injections.  Dr. Summers let's me come in anytime without an appointment and does not charge me anything to come in two times each week for him or his nurse to give me my shot for me.  Most of my friends are comfortable self administering the injections and take them home, so I really appreciate that Dr. Summers is kind enough to let his patients come in to get shots administered for no extra fee whatsoever.  I started doing one shot per week and it took about a month to get in my system and for me to see the extra inches fall off.   Now, I do two lipotropic and b vitamin injections per week and am 5 pounds away from my goal weight.  I have come a very long way with Dr. summers and people sometimes don't recognize me because I have lost so much.  I highly recommend Dr. Summers for a medical weight loss program.  I have even started to see him for GYN as well and it is great because when I go in for my gyn appointments he will combine my weight clinic appointment for that month at the same tine so that I don't have to pay forboth visits and I also don't have to take off work two days in that month.  It's a great deal, plus his staff is very motivating, fun, and helpful!  Give Dr. Summers a call at 205-838-3740.  He is located at St. Vincent's East Hospital, professional Building #52, Suite 215, zip code 35235.  They just opened their brand new office yesterday and it is so much bigger and nicer than the other office they were preciously in.  I think His daughter said they moved over the holidays, so be sure to check out his new and improved office.  It is on the same hallway as his precious office, so I had no trouble finding it yesterday!  Btw, I also have been in Adipex to help control my appetite and for the first time in YEARS I actually lost weight during the holidays. I can't ask for anything better than that!! 205-838-3740 (just a tip:  ask to speak with Casey Summers, Dr. Summers' daughter, if you have any questions about the lipotropic injections or the weight loss program. She is very helpful and always so patient). I'll post again once I lose my final few pounds, but I plan to keep going with the lipotropic injections to help maintain my weight loss.  Plus, I love the extra energy that the shots give me!!
It skylines like you need to be on a diet with more calories than only 900.  That is way too little to eat in one day and will mess up your metabolism.
Dr. Summers, which i just talked about in my previous post, has me on a safe diet that consists of 1200 - 1600 calories per day ( the number has changed over time as I have lost weight and need less calories now that I am smaller).  I suggest making sure that the lipotropic injections that you tried were compounded by medical professionals.  The injections that Dr. Summers has specially compounded by a pharmacy for his clinic have B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Vitamin C, and 3 fat burners (lipotropics), as well as a small amount of lidocaine to reduce stinging.  There could be a few additional B vitamins that I am forgetting leaving off of this list...I will call Dr Summers today and ask him.
     My husband takes another lipotropic injection offered Dr. Summers that does not include the lidocaine bc my husband is allergic to lidocaine. He is doing great on the alternative option of lipotropic injection that Dr. Summers suggested that he do instead.
      I just thought I would mention this bc Dr. Summers was very clear that you need to let your dr know of any allergies that you have. That could have been your problem bc I look at my lipotropic injections as miracle workers (I do exercise and eat healthy also, of course). Anyway, best of luck!
how expensive are this doctors visits? and do insurance pay for this?
I cannot think of enough wonderful things to say about Dr. Summers in Trussville.  He is THE most caring doctor I have ever met.  I am just getting ready to begin the weight clinic and totally trust him.  He has been my gynochologist for many years and goes above and beyond in duties performed in that area.  He truly cares about his patients has saved many lives because of his careful attention and expertise.  I can't wait to lose weight and only trust him with this technique.
I have been taking the lipotonic injections since Feb 2011 thru present August 2011.  I have lost a total of 55 pounds and 9 inches on waist.  I have lost 2 -3 inches on thighs.  I started out with about a 1500 cal diet and have worked my way to between 1000 to 1100 cal. diet.  I have more energy to exercise. I usually will walk 3 to 5 miles a few times a week. I use an ab circle pro , zumba or just dance for wii when I don't get to walk. I don't do any extrenuous exercise.  I feel great and am looking so much better. My self esteem is coming back and my depression is subsiding.
I am on this page because I just bought a 4 treatment Lipotropic injection from groupon for $59 the sale is good for the next 7hrs if anyone wants to check it out
http://www.groupon.com/deals/medical-weight-loss-solutions-1?c=dnb&p=7
Has anybody ever done the Weight Loss USA in Trussville program? It is out of business now and i need the blue diet plan to follow.
Too much B6 is DANGEROUS! Some of you reported sore joints -- this is why:

http://www.nutritionatc.hawaii.edu/HO/2007/378.htm
If you read your labels and disclaimers carefully as a client - you all have the right to decide how to have your weight loss plan customized and understand the details of how these products work in your body before undergoing the actual treatment. B-vitamins are "water soluble" vitamins.  As a matter fact, I've read into further info about these injections, because I'm just about to consider getting them myself at one of the weightloss clinics in Downtown, but here's what I found out from the company's Ad regarding their services and the following injectable products they offer.  FYI:  Unlike 'Weight Watchers' or 'Medifast' - this company I'm researching on does not even have an establishment year nor a contact name of any personnel working at that facility and lists only ONE testimonial from ONE client.  Hope this info helps and happy reading.

Weight Loss Injections:

L-Carnitine
The primary function of carnitine in the body, is to regulate fat oxidation (burning). L-Carnitine is responsible for transporting fat to the fat furnace in our cells called mitochondria. Unless fat makes it to the mitochondria, it cannot be oxidized, no matter how much you diet and exercise.

Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
Vitamin B6 is a water soluble vitamin and functions as a coenzyme, essential in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. natural and mild diuretic, metabolizes fats, carbs and protein
assists in the conversion of tryptophan to seratonin (helps regulate mood)
boosts body's natural cortisone

Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
Vitamin B12 is often referred to as the “longevity vitamin” due to its contribution to energy and increased activity of the nervous system.  It is essential for normal acceleration of cell renewal, especially red blood cells. Vitamin B12 is required for all metabolic function, and assists in stress management. Vitamin B12 improves, stamina, concentration, memory and regulates mood.

AMP (Adenosine Monophosphate)
Investigators preformed a study to see if AMP, when given to patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, would have improvement of their symptoms. Incidentally, it was found a significant number of the patients lost inches without dieting.
1) Releasing stored fat from fat cells
2) Increase in energy levels
3) inch loss around the mid-section of the body

LIPO-B (Methionine, Inositol, Choline, Cyanocobalamin)
Lipotropic literally means "fat-loving" and the term is used to  refer to subsatnces that are able to help the liver metabolize fats and remove from the blood stream.Increases metabolizing of fa tCleanse the liver of stored fat lowers Cholesterol

B-Complex
B-Complex has been found to break down carbs and proteins and boost energy levels. It plays a role in the formation of Hydrochloric Acid, therefore, aids in digestion. B-Complex cannot be stored in the body, therefore it needs to be constantly replenished.  

i lost 30 lbs and 10 inches in my waist in 2 months  all i did was watch my calorie intake and walked for at least 30 mins everyday my first week i lost 10 lbs but make sure to dronk plenty of water it is safe didnt have any side effects best decision i could have made
So you took the lipo shot right
The lipotropic is making me loose my butt,I dont want to loose my butt. Anything else I think it's because it is given in the buttocks. Does anyone know anything about this? Please p
How much is the shots.....
Haven't y'all heard of diet and exercise?
Yes and your point is what?
Been there, done that, don't do it!
Yes you lose inches, yes you feel better, yes it works until you stop. Then you gain it all back. I eat healthy, I exercise 3-5 days a week, I drink only water, in general - i'm very conscious of what goes in my body. I thought this was the way to get rid of the last 20lbs.... well it was.... until i gained 30 back after i stopped taking the shots. I'm the 4th person I know with the same experience with these injections. Don't give up trying to achieve your goals, but this isn't the way to do it. You'll just be devastated when it all comes piling back on even though you're still watching what you consume.
Walk a mile in someone else shoes before you put that big foot in.  Until you know what metabolic syndrom (syndrome) is like you need not make those comments.
After reading each and EVERY statement,I've decided to go for it! I had a baby 10 months ago,lost the baby fat,and gained it back plus some uggggh, yikes and all the above lol! I am so ready to loose some weight so that I can gain my confidence back.No I've never been one to have low self esteem,but Im use to being 150lbs which was perfect for me.Now im damn near 200lbs! It may only be a 50 pound difference but it shows!! I can tell even thought my husband says Im perfect....he's my husband of course he sees me as a Goddess,or maybe he doesn't want to make me mad lol...anywho,im goin to get those shots and pray all is well for me and for everyone else whos taking them also!
I have been taking the shots also an lost inches not sure how much but have gotten into pants I havent worn in 3 yrs, I just wish I could loose more of this small belly I have left an tone legs do u exercise an what kind of foods you eat anything will be helpful thanks in adavance..  Here is my email ***@****
I get mine in my stomach
I have been getting B12 cocktail injections for 3 weeks now. I have lost 7 lbs, but am also on a 600 cal/ day diet. I don't have much energy so I do find it difficult to work out as much as I'd like. Also the shots hurt so bad!! Maybe its the people who are administering it but I have had 3 or 4 different 'nurses' give me the shot. It hurts for the whole day after and sometimes even days longer.
It seems to be okay to be getting these shots in my muscle, as long as I switch arms,. I hope this works and accelerates my weight loss. I wanted to try this before I call up the Center for Cosmetic Surgery,, because thats next if this doesnt work. I only have about 25lbs to lose but I want it off NOW! I was thinking of getting the HGC shots, thats what sparked this whole 'injection' thing for me, but they told me any woman with ovarian cysts can cause them to burst if you get the HCG. And I have cysts/polyps . (age 30)
I tried the lipo shot, just to give me a boost of energy and to lose extra weight and it gave me a massive headache that did not go away for days. I'm so disappointed about this because I heard great things about it, and when I tried it, my head hurt so badly for so long. I'm upset about paying so much money for a series of these shots up front.
Please stop taking Phentermine. A really close friend of mine went into liver failure and almost died. she was lucky enough to get on the transplant list and unfortunate for one family she was able to get a liver from a 21 year old donor. Her life will never be the same as she needs to take meds around the clock for the rest of her life and can't ever have a drink again. PLEASE don't take those anymore. Modify your diet and exercise. You can't put a price on life
This is October of 2013.  Do you still use the shots and how are you doing?  I have used them since January of this year. Thanks.  :)
How are you doing and are you still using the shots? I have been doing 1 shot a week since January 2013 through now - October 2013.  Have you kept the inches off?  I would love to hear from you.  I don't know if I need to stop.  Thank you.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT take this unless you have an EKG done FIRST.  I took this for 3 months and in the third month started swelling, my joints hurting getting knots on my fingers with arthritic pain and did not feel really well when at first I felt better.  My scalp started itching with knots forming. When I mentioned this to the PA she said the B's might cause itching if I was getting too much but not likely and the joint pain was due to the weather and not the shots.  Then they increased my shot with Adenosine because belly fat was my main target and increased my pill by adding an additional pill on.  My GERD and Bile reflux acted up and got heart flutters and I landed in the ER very sick with my heart going crazy on the moniter and learned I have a Left Bundle Branch Block that I did not have in 2007 which was my last EKG on record.  I did loose 18 lbs but so  not worth it and now in addition to what all I paid to loose those 18 lbs I have a huge hospital bill facing me that will take a long time to pay off.  I know how hard it is to loose weight, I have a hiatal hernia and thought if I got some weight down and pressure off my stomach it would help but I caused myself much more problems.  The ER Dr. said NEVER NEVER NEVER takek Phentermine and he would never prescribe it to anyone of  his patients.  My daughter is a nurse and he called her off to the side and PLEASE don't ever let her take that again.  Him and the ER nurse said they see this a lot with phentermine users.  We just have to find a more natural way if possible.  I was only 20lbs away from my goal and it really saddens me that I can no longer take this but it is not worth.  PLEASE HEAR ME!!! Don't shrug this off thinking it won't happen to me or I took it before.  Well it happened to me.
I am a severe diabetic with weight at 230 lbs. I want to try the injections, but also have Lyme disease. I am worried about insomnia and anxiety. Can you let me know what you know about this, if anything. I want my old, semi active life back. Thank you, Terri
Where is best to inject belly or muscle?
Several people have spoken highly of Dr Summers in Trussville which is too far for me to drive, but I see that he has opened a clinic in Prattville. I was searching information on Let's Lose in Prattville when I found this forum. Does anyone have experience with both? If so, what is the difference? Their webstes look like they offer the same program.