Weight Loss Alternatives Community
I am at a weight loss plateau. Now what?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

I have lost 20 pounds but I have about 15 more to go.  I am eating the same amounts of food and I have stayed on the same diet for 7 weeks.
I seem to be hitting a plateau and am not losing anymore weight.

Need some help!
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your help.
So, now my next question. I ride a stationary bike everyday for cardio.  Do I add more weight and exercise longer or do I do less weight and go faster.

I don't want to build muscle. I need to speed up my metabolism.
And also, I feel like I have lost more inches than weight.
Thank You!
Avatar n tn

I have heard your solution many times and used to agree with it till I started on this forum.

What about the very short person?  I am 5 feet 8 inches and I am at 220 lbs now.  so that means I am very overweight and need 2420 calories to hold the same weight.  What about the person that is 5 feet 1 inch and is at 160 lbs, that is also overweight.  that leaved her only 1760 calories to hol the same weight.

I have had alot of short friends that eat more than me or other tall people.  So I guess you can calculate those figures as a guidline, but not very acurate.

granny
Avatar n tn
Sorry to come back but I did really like the idea of shocking your system.

granny
Avatar n tn
There is a great book that might help you too understand your body better while dieting called YOu on a diet written by Drs. Michael F Roizem MD and Mehmet C OZ, MD.  It explains how the entire body works when you start to decrease calories and how to help yourself reach your goal weight.  YOu might want to look into it as it open my eyes quite a bit.  It is fascinating to me and so many things we  do are hurting us not helping.
Avatar n tn
looks like a post got deleted and not sure what it said, but let me say this...

Last weekend I ate everything...and I do mean everything.  I don't think I felt 'hungry' all weekend.  By Sunday night I was so over-full I don't think I ate dinner.  (I'm sure I had some type of snack, though.)  Monday morning I went back on my diet with a vengence.  I went to the doctor on Thursday  (I had been there the previous Friday) and I lost almost 4 pounds!  Total weight loss since starting in late July/August = 29 pounds.

Tell me I don't have a renewed motivation!!!!
Avatar n tn
Try increasing your exercise intensity, that really helped me. Also have you tried Sublingual b-12? It gave me extra energy!
I am 43 yr old male, 221 lbs. I am using a program to track my caloric intake. Based on losing 1.5 Lbs per week it is telling me that I should consume 1650 cal per day. I am not counting on my exercises for this total. I am currently running and burning about 600 calories per day. For my typical day i am in the neighbor hood of 1300 calories and feel full at that level. i seem to have stopped losing weight, for past 3-weeks,

Any suggestions???

Kevin
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
Please be aware of this!!!!!!
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
mishymoshymarcy If you think you've tried y... Comment
May 01
Track your weight over time