Weight Loss Alternatives Community
LIPODISSOLVE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Viewing 201-203 comments:
I am going to NuU here in AZ and I am getting ready for treatment three.  My biggest concern right now is that my lower abdominal area which is being treat has several lumps and my stomach is a purplish color and no its not bruising I know the difference.  I don't see a big change.  And in addition  to having this treatment done, I do see a Dr on  a regular basis for weight loss.  I probably just like many of these other woman and men cannot afford lipo and a tummy tuck and doing the lipo dissolve seemed like the better alternative.  I have asked to speak with the Dr to address my concerns and still have not received a phone call. My decision to do this is because of self esteem issues and now I feel even worse about how I look...Help what do I do now.......I am a single mom and I saved a long time for this.  I do exercise and train on a regular basis. in fact I am running a 10k this weekend...Someone have any suggestions......Sad in AZ
Hang in there! I Know exactly how you feel, I was really getting depressed for the same reason as you say but I am on 5th treatment for lower abs and love handles, go Monday for last one!!!YEAH!!! although this is horribly painful, and yes ugly...The bumps do go away, and I am really noticing a flatter belly! finally after this last one I can see a difference! I too have the purple tone and lumps right now, but I took a break after 2 treatments because of summer(can't do this and wear a bikini) and they were all gone in about 7 weeks. I have read a lot of discouraging things on this forum, and I too felt I was going through this hell only to look worse, not to mention the $ out...but I Definately see a difference. Give it time, they do tell you it is not an overnight fix! Ask to see your before pictures, then you will see any improvement, you really can't go by measurements, cuz the swelling doesn't completely go away for a few months. REALLY HANG IN THERE! you will see a difference!  :)
Had 9 Lipo treatments in Vegas.  Anyone going to the Vegas clinic and has anyone tried to get a refund anywhere from Lipo and have gotten results- tell me how it went in the process??- Getting measured Dec. 10th.  I don't expect any changes in inches or weight and I am not overweight - just a stubborn tummy area so I an encountering a huge battle to get a refund.   I shall contact our t.v. local news station - stand in front of the place if I have to to get my money back.  
Painful process.  Yukk   Yukkk
I have had 1 treatment to my love handles 5 weeks ago and 1 treatment to my outer thighs 2 weeks ago.  I am quite small and just had these small pockets that really bothered me.  But I am really concerned because I still have a little swelling and nodules in my love handle area after 5 weeks.  I am also still swollen in my thigh area.  None of my clothes fit and I am scared that I have just made myself look worse, not better!  Have others had simlar experiences?  I am supposed to go back for at least 1 more treatment in each area but I am scared to do so.  Help!!!
Yep same thing.....Me just tring to lose stubborn fat rolls too, your lucky you only have to do 2, I am on 5th with 1 to go....do see some results though wont know fully for awhile still, they say 6-8 weeks when all finished....good luck!
I work for fig. and have personally seen many come in for their re-evaluation and after looking at their before and after pics, they are amazed at the difference. Like when you go to the gym and you think you aren't getting any results and then you see someone you haven't seen for a while and they tell you how great you look.

After your re-evaluation feel free to talk to the staff there about your options. They are the best people to talk to about resolving your concerns. Hope this helps.
         I am a provider with fig. and I have been performing injections for a year and a half.  Just to address some of your concerns, it is not uncommon at all to have nodules after 5 weeks.  It typically takes your body 6 to 8 weeks to start dissolving and can last up to 12 weeks for each injection.  We can create the inflammation process quickly, but our body takes time to dissolve the nodules and inflammation.  Think of it similar to falling and having a bad sprained ankle.  Our bodies bruise and swell up immediately, but it takes weeks to many months to completely heal.  It is the same concept.  If you want you can try applying heat with a heating pad or hot bath and massage the area to stimulate circulation to help your body dissolve the nodules faster.  I hope this information helps and lets you know that everything you are experiencing at this point is normal and expected.  Your best results should be around 3 to 4 months after treatment.              
fig worker:  How long does the swelling last?  I THINK my belly is swollen unless I put on some weight and I dont see how, I haven't ate more I ate less.  I have the nodules of course, it's been 4 days for me since the first treament to upper and lower abs she only put about 12 shots total maybe, though I didn't count them.  I have had basically no pain at all though like some of these other people even the injections were easier than getting your belly button pierced.  My only concern is this swelling how long does it last?  Maximum?
and the reason I'm concerned is I've read some people say they put on weight, and I'm hoping I'm not one of the ones who has put on weight.  It's been 4 days and it seems my pants are too tight.
To address your concerns, it is not uncommon to have some swelling at day 4 following treatment.  Typically your big swelling and response is for the first 48 hours, and then most peoples swelling and discomfort start to settle down pretty quickly.  Of course everyone is different and you can remain swollen up to a week or so depending on how your body responds to the inflammation and the amount of dose you received.  Remember every time you get a treatment the PCDC is causing inflammation and your body takes time to resolve the inflammation.  After 3 or 4 days you can try some heat with a heating pad or hot bath and massage to try to help resolve the inflammation quicker.  The other thing that helps control the swelling is wearing a compression garment like spanks or a body shaper.  You want something tight, but expandable because you do not want to prevent the swelling.  Drink lots of water for the first 48 hours to keep hydrated.  Most of my patients state that the swelling slowly improves through the course of treatment.  I hope some of this tips helps address your question, just remember to be patient and you should start to see results over time.
I just got my first lipodissolve treatment via fig yesterday (12/04). Had 12 injections in the lower abs.

The injections themselves weren't bad at all. As described the sensation afterwards was a "bee stung" sensation. But it was tolerable.

The "bee sting" was gone after a couple hours, but the SWELLING hit me bigtime. I had a large stomach to begin with, so when I read those comments from people saying they looked pregnant after the injections, I figured it wouldn't apply to me. But, wow. My stomach is HUGE.

The whole area is very sore, especially when I move or change positions. Sleeping is not comfortable because I toss and turn a lot.

I would just like to know - does the stomach achiness go away? When does it go away?
Typically the biggest soreness and swelling is the first 48 hours and then most people symptoms start to settle pretty quickly.  People can stay swollen up to a week.  The achiness goes away for most people by day 4 or 5.  Once the swelling goes down you will start to feel nodules and will notice more nodules with more treatments.  Theses nodules will stay tender to the touch, so if you lean against the area or push in it will be sore.  This is normal and will improve the further you are out of treatments.
FIG 8 has filed bankruptcy ,good luck to everyone in trying to get your money back who has prepaid or thier treatments
Fig has filed bankruptcy-
I understand that Fig has filed for bankruptcy
I was told that On Friday Dec. 7  the employees were given just minutes to vacate the property, They were told the company was closing and they would not be paid. Their insurance benifits were canceled the next day WITHOUT NOTICE. They were  in shock. I have a relative who just got out of a extensive training program,with Fig, and had just been with the company a few weeks She believed in the product and was very excited about her job, now she is unemployed and without insurance. Please do not blame the employees they had no insight or knowlege this was going to happen.
Anyone who has recently signed a contract and has put the service on a credit card needs to call their provider asap.
This is a terrible thing to happen. I had two treatments done (i prepaid cash)i had several to go and I  was really looking forward to great results.
If anyone can add to this or knows anything that can be done, please comment.
17 of 18 fig. locations are now closed. The fig. in Costa Mesa California will remain open because it is privately owned and operated. See links below for more info.

http://www.fig.com

http://stlouis.bizjournals.com/stlouis/stories/2007/12/10/daily6.html
I was told by friends who worked at fig. Corporate that emoloyees are being covered by insurance until the end of the year. Still, that's not much longer..

I can see how employees at the clinics may have been in shock but those from Corporate saw this coming for quite a while now. It's such a shame...
On news tonight, all fig. 8 locations closed except california locations.
As luck would have it, I signed my contract with fig. on 12/03,  applied for a CareCredit account, prepaid $300 cash, and received one treatment on 12/04. Pretty bad timing huh? I'd like to get the $300 back of course, but the main concern is the whole credit account thing. What would I do in terms of that? Please help.
I would call Care Credit and tell them what happened. I'm sure they're aware of the situation and will close your account so it won't ruin your credit. The $300 you probably won't see again...
oh boo hoo for the employees, what about the hundreds of us who have paid for their ineffective treatments and trying to get our money back.
Okay, can you tell us about the bankruptcy?  What does it mean about the product they were selling?  You have been very generous giving out details about its benefits.  Can you give us anymore information.  There are many people on this site who have invested a lot of money in this product and would like some answers.  I know you are not personally responsible for every person, but if you could give us some honest answers, it would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

Is anyone in Houston? It's too bad for Fig, but I never used them I used a different Doctor and I am pleased so far.  My doctor is running a special that just started yesterday, 12-11-07.  for Lipodissolve and I just started my first session.  This Doctor uses the pure ingredient no cocktails and its painless.  Call them at 832 300-5593 and tell them Graciela sent you and she will give you the best price and treatment.  address is 11209 Bellaire Blvd. Ste. C-1 Houston, Texas 77072, inside HONG KONG CITY MALL the place is called MediSpa Institute
i wouldn't count on any fig. employees coming back on this site anymore. They have no jobs right now and have no obligation to the company. That's the last thing I would be doing is answering blogs about a company that screwed me and thousands of angry patients!  
I want to know if lipodissolve is the best way to remove fat deposit from base of the neck (bufflo hump) or should this be removed by surgurey.
I had lipodissolve on inner thighs in September, and 4 months later still have mottled skin and intense itching.  Two weeks after initial treatment the intense swelling and pain recurred as if I had just had the procedure done.  I still have a few small lumps, although I massage daily.  I will not return for the rest of my $1,600 package -- money wasted for me.
just found this site. I started in April 2006 had 4 treatments with no results. So i stopped the treatments and thought maybe I was a non responder. A few months later I stopped in the office to speak to the Lady that had been injecting me to find she no longer worked there. while speaking with the staff they inquired if I had responded and I told them no. At that time they went and got the owner who told me I had been injected with a weak solution and to far spread out at that. He offered to reinject me for free showing me before and after pictures of himself that were quite impressive. So, call me stupid I am trying again. Thursday I received my third series on my upper and lowe abs with the usual burning, swelling ect. on Sunday morning I rolled over in my bed and suffered an incredibly sharp pain in one of the large nodules. after the pain I have noticed some reddish purple splotches and am very tender in this area. Has anyone else experienced this? I really feel like this time is different because last time I never did get the nodules eveyone was talking about. This time I am covered with them.
Yep...have the same thing....STILL have the purple marks although lumps are almost gone....I also started last spring then took time off for summer, last treatment was end Nov. still need to do one more but don't think i will finish. I do see results(had lower abs and love handles) but am worried that the purple spots won't be gone by summer, so don't want to add more! looks uglier than the fat did!!!
Thanks for the info. My purple is almost gone now but I have huge nodules. If they dont go away I will look deformed. Tommorow I will have my love handles done for the second time. I have had three treatments on my upper and lower abs this time around. I am trading off every other week I do my abs and in between I do my love handles. So, I am going in once a week. The last two time really hurt. I really dread going tommorow.
I have just read this site for the first time because I am considering Lipodissolve and was looking for comments by real people - not people advertising for any particular provider.  I am very discouraged that there are not a lot of postings from people who have completed their treatments and are explaining their overall after effects.  I am considering a provider in Louisville Kentucky called Body Allure.  

If you have completed your treatment please let me know your results.  I am looking at doing my inner and outer thigh areas.

Has anyone gone to Body Allure?
hi guys!  I am really interested in maybe going through with this lipodissolve treatment, I have always had an issue with my stomach!  I just wanted to know if I do go with the treatment, can I still do my strength training for my core area a day or two after the treatments?  I`ve read from a lot of you who had the abdominal area done saying that the area gets really soar, and swollen like a ballon!  Also, some has said they havve experienced pain and tenderness on the stomach and I am scared that if I do continue with my ab excercises, I will strain or complicate the process of the treatment?  I have done my research and I know that after a day or 2, an individual can continue on with their excecise regime but looking through some of the comments, no one has really mentioned what their excercise regimes are...so I do not know if anyone is incorporating any abdominal strength training?  

Can anyone help me out?

plumbaby
In response to your questions about exercise, I have had my love handles and lower abs treated twice and both times I was able to go to the gym that night or the next day.  You really aren't supposed to go until after 48 hours due to sweating but other than that there was no problem.  The area is a little sore and swollen, but nothing major.  The pain is mostly like if you have a bruise and you bump it.  The first hour is the worst, it is an annoying burning feeling but again nothing major.  
How is it going? haven't heard from you in awhile?
Hello all,
My sister and I started our treatments at the beginning of this year (2008) on our love handles and we just had our 2nd treatment last week. We are definitely playing it by the book... Drinking lots of water, cutting down (almost completely out) on salts and sugars. I haven't lost any inches but my sister lost an inch already. Maybe because she has more to lose
Just so you all know, I was told by my doctor that when you sweat you lose some of the fluid from the injection because it causes your body to push it out through your glands so you may want to actually wait that 48 hours before deciding to work out.
Hi guys, so I just came back from my consultation, which I was suppose pay $100 for, but the doctor did not charge me for it and here's why:

I was so prepared for this consultation.  I thought I had done my research and I had lined up a bunch of questions for my doctor.  He asked me what I wanted to have done and with what specific procedure.  I told him I wanted to try lipodissolve conentrated on my abdomen area.  As soon as I told him that, he advised me not to go through with the procedure.  I am not overweight, I'mm 5'3 125 lbs and I wanted to get rid of the stubborn belly fat around my abdomen.  He told me that he has been practicing this treatment for years and does not favour it.  He is actually trying stray away from it.  He said that there are a lot of misconceptional thinking with lipodissolve.  It does NOT tighten the skin when the fat iis expedited, you may still be left with sagging skin.  Discoloration occurs often with this procedure and can be permanent for darker skinned individuals ( which I unfortunately am).  He also said that the two main clinics who performs this procedure in the U.S ( I live in Canada) Fig, and MedSpa, have filed for bankruptcy just this past year.  I knew about Fig, but i had no idea about MedSpa!

Many of the people who have gone through the procedures (this is overall, in the U.S and Canada) was not content with the results, showing very minimal to no results.  Many clients often resort to liposuction after this procedure!  I was kind of dissappointed when he told me this because I was kind of hoping that this was going to be the answer for my tummy fat but I am very greatful on how honest he was on this treatment.  He did not try to sell me any promise and was very straight-forward.  I think he knew I was kind of dissapointed and offered me some information on other alternatives, which I appreciated as well.  He definately saved me a lot of money ( I was actually going to use my next semester's tuition for it!).

I think I will just stick to my diet and exercise regime because my body seems to be responding well to it.  I just thought that maybe this procedure would motivate me even more to lose some more.  But I guess you gotta work for success, right?
The discoloration is AWEFUL!!! I have so many spots, and don'tthink they will go away! I am darker skinned too, hispanic...I am hoping when I get a tan they will blend, if not I think it's worse than the fat! I say don't do this, wish someone would have told me about discoloration...I do see results, but not enough to have the scars...and I too just wanted to get rid of belly fat...not overwieght either. Be glad he told you the truth!
hi I am having lipodissolve I had my second treatment and I am very happy. I will let you Know what going on when I done my treatment.
I loose a little bit of fat on my belly. I don't have any discoloration, I'm happy with lipodissolve.

Bye.
I have just had my first treatment, and after reading all the information, am considering not doing any more. My main concern revolves around people who say their nodules haven't gone away even four months after finishing treatment. I find this extremely distressing. I exercise fairly well, not as much as I used to due mostly to job constraints, but manage to fit in a 2-3 mile walk with the dogs about 4 days per week, and row and/or yoga on the weekends. I'm not at my perfect weight, and want to quit smoking, so I thought this would be a good jump start. Not so sure now.

I would like to hear from people who have had this done five years ago, or even more.
Hi, Don't think you'll find anyone who had this done that long ago...its only a few years old. I had my first treatment a year ago next month, and STILL have lumps and spots that look like bruises but aren't. my stomach is definately flatter, but with ugly scars. wish'd i'd not have done this...
I have had three treatments to my lovehandles and two on my lower belly.  I have lost three inches and have no discoloration or nodules at all.  I bruised for about two days but used Arnica gel and the bruising went away.  I still have a little soreness but only if I press really hard on the treated areas.  It also stayed numb for a while, but where I went they mixed in lidocaine with the lipodissolve.  I have also been able to return to work the day of the treatement and work out within 48 hours.  All in all its been a good experience for me.
I had my 1st treatment last tues. for my lower belly, I am 5"5 135lbs> Thin to lotd of people who see me, however my belly has been a problem for me. My side effects were very minor, a little swelling that lasted for about 3 days. After the swelling went down my belly was itching but nothing major or constant. I have no brusing, I did have small nodules that the dr. said could be massaged out. I brought a small hand massager and massage my belly whenever I'm not doing anything. So far my experience has been good. I go back for my next treatment next tue. and I am excited about it. I read this forum from beginning to end and I was so nervous to go to my appt. that I almost canceled. I'm glad I didnt my side effect were not bad I went to work the next day and was fine. I guess everybody reacts different to the solution. I started exersing on monday 2x a day to catch up since I will be down for three days or so. I have four more treatments to go scheduled every two wks i wanna get this over with.

I was wondering do you think I can take FAT BURNERS with these treatments, does anyone know. I was taking them before the treatment but stopped a week before and forgot to ask the Dr. I'll ask her on tues.
Hi...I am into my 3rd week of having my lower abs done for the first time.  I was just wondering....I still have nodules and still very tender.  When does this go away?  I wanted to have it done one more time, but it is so tender, I don't dare.  What happens if the needle hits one of those nodules.  What are they anyway ???  

Hi, I found this forum and I find it the most imformative.  I just had my first set of shots 24 hours ago.  I had 6 shots in each leg. 1cc per shot. (saddlebags and back of legs).  My legs instantly got red and the doctor said that I am a quick repsonder which was a good sign that the medication is working.  The more the swelling and redness, the better the results are.  Did anyone else here this?  By that night my legs looked like the size of Texas.  about twice the size.  I am 5'4 119 pounds and was just looking to lose the saddlebags and cellulite that wont go away with a good diet and exercise.  Today they are a lil sore but still swollen and it is very hard where the area was treated.  The doc said that the swelling will go down a little each day.  I know it has only been a little over  24 hours but it makes me nervous because I can only wear sweats.  I have never seen the side effects of others but I feel like my legs are too swollen.  Has anyone else had severe swelling, redness and the hardness??

thanks.
I've been reading this forum for a while - very interesting. I'm in the UK and had first Lipodissolve treatment a week ago. I still feel sore and have some horrible tender lumps (I had my lower stomach done). What worries me is that i have had an upset stomach today and still fell a bit nauseous tonight (it's 11.40pm here). I don't know if it's the injections or I've picked up a bug - has anyone else had this?

if it's the fat that's being eliminated I suppose it'll be worth it but I'm still a bit worried.

any advice gratefully received!
39 years old, Male - My Cheek is swollen worse than having wisdoms out - looking to lose a button sized pocket of fatty tissue at the bottom of my cheek from having taken prednisone for a number of years. Day 2 1/2 - I feel Blahhhhhhhh and am staying home on the computer - but yesterday covered up with a hoodie and went out for coffee with my laptop. I basically hid in the corner and talked to a couple of people nearby. In other words I'm not letting it overcome me and am going with the flow of expected side effects. I'm self-conscious about it - yet override it :)

I had (6) I'll be damned annoying little needles that felt like several burning bee stings that definitely got my attention! (3 or 4 on the other side). Cost - FREE!! Before I even became aware of this procedure I went to the laser clinic to set up an appointment to try out a skin toning procedure which I booked for $225, just because I always wanted to try it out. After booking this appointment in person and sitting down to have a little chat with the RN (also owner) and discussing this nuisance, she said if I wanted to try Lipo Dissolve and bear the brunt of some swelling she would do it right then and there for free! Giddyup I said! I'll even post a pic.

At this point I'm in no condition to make a judgment due to the swelling but am hopeful that that annoying little fat pocket will be gone but am 50/50 skeptical/ optimistic about it. This is because when I look at the treated area in the mirror, I'm reminded of when a marshmellow bloats on stick by the campfire :)

Now that being said, I can't even imagine what it must be like to be getting injections to remove a large amount of fat in the love handle area, thighs and other larger areas of the body - I had 9 or 10 total shots on just two small 1-3 cm pockets of fatty tissue on my cheeks and I be looking ROUGH.

I hope some people will read this and give themselves a break!! Take it easy and remember to go with the flow. This is a serious chemical reaction going on that by design is gradual. I'm sure the medical industry has a cocktail that they could inject and lop off 25 lbs. of fat ;) but there are things to consider when large amounts of fat are removed suddenly such as certain fluid levels fluctuating that if too drastic, can cause shock, high or low blood pressure and metabolic disturbances that can seriously impair one's system.

Perhaps daydream type brochure imagery is conflicting with the reality of slow and steady progress/ results... but do you want your doctor to say something like there's no hope for you, please leave the office?!

I'm just hoping my comments help some people to keep it real so they can still enjoy their day while undergoing such an earnest effort to lose some unwanted pounds and now I'm in the same boat - and this is my face, can't cover that up so this better work or not work at all for me to be happy :) but I took the risk. PEACE!

P.S. I'm reposting this from the Real Self forum - it's now day 3.  Things I've noticed - A good night's sleep helps a lot!  Had it done on Thursday and was like oh yeah - Annoying! but not so bad... Next day - Horrible!  The swelling was full blown, so I quietly loafed around the house in a hoodie : ) That night fell asleep around 11 and the next morning I'd say nearly 40% of swelling on my cheek went away but left me with the Blahhhhhs all day.   Today, after another great sleep the Blahhhhhh feeling is definitely gone and I would upgrade my condition to '"puffy" from the bloated fireside marshmellow imagery. No hard spots.  I showed a female friend the puffiness under my hood at coffee yesterday and she goes... "you better hope that goes away or you be living alone!"  Haaaaaaaaaa, I laughed!  Then she tells me because it's been a few weeks since I saw her that when she first noticed my face she had just quietly thought that I had gained weight. LOL
I had lipo dissolve with a dermatologist 4 weeks ago on the love handles.  It hurt like hell for two days after. I believe she injected each side at least 12 times.  It was not cheap - $2500 for 3 treatments, so I believe the treatments were more powerful than some that I read on the blog.  I could not sleep on my side for 3 days. My shape is totally changing but the inch loss is not there at week 3.  She also gave me a new diet pill that boosts the metabolism so I lost 8 pounds. I did my belly last week and could not bend down for again another 2 days.  I am not as much concerned because I believe that it takes 8 - 12 weeks to know if it truly worked. As far as nodules - none, but a few lumps. And the liquid did travel down - even to the thigh area.  From reading all the blogs, it sounds like Fig did smaller treatments and more frequently for less money.  It is up in the air thus far, but l think I look better already and that is the main reason to deal with the intense pain for 2 days.
Lipozap customers may be able to fight soon for some type of justice? Heres a website if ya got suckered out of your $ from lipozap, or have pain.
Here you go, here is a new website that warns about customers who tried and got lipozap treatments, or may be also for future patients? They do want to hear from former lipozap customers including what happened to them, and maybe if they want your money back, or an apology in case you still have pain? (I imagine). Here is the lipozap class action website. -

http://lipozap-class-action-lawsuit.com/lipozap-sham.html

and I quote "Here are the claimed problems with LipoZap that we are investigating:
We have not been able to find scientific evidence that injecting “fat melting” solutions is safe, nor that shows that these injections work."

This a class action lawsuit it looks like (I am not a lawyer, just a blogger)

After much research I decided to do Lipozap (APPARENTLY NOT ENOUGH RESEARCH). My final reasoning for starting the Lipozap procedure was my doctor, Dr. Susanne Trout was on staff as Medical Director, and I felt, if she's backing this procedure, it's gotta be good. I started Lipozap Treatments Feb. 07. Lower abs, upper abs and back bra line ($2800), The nurses and tech’s are incredibly thorough, and their customer service skills are comparable to any 5 star hotel. My first treatment was to my lower abs. They did not lie. The procedure was virtually painless. However by the time I returned home 30 minutes later it was all I could do to get through the front door. When I complained I was told the first treatment is always the hardest. My 2nd visit was to treat my upper abs and bra line. Again, little pain during the actual procedure, but, I was in so much pain on the way to the parking lot I felt as though I might pass out and seriously considered calling the paramedics. By the time I got home the tears were rolling down my cheeks. I stayed on my couch for 3 days, trips to the bathroom were my only exercise, as I couldn’t even bare eating. It was agony. The uncontrollable spasms in my legs curled my toes and made my right shoulder ache. I spent considerable time discussing my pain with the nurse who called to do the follow up. The following week I spoke with an Administrator. She stated ½ treatments would remedy the pain and swelling and made jokes about a man who'd gone snow skiing the day following his treatments. They did their best to console me. I asked for a refund but they assured me 1/2 treatments with longer intervals between treatments would remedy the situation. Treatment #3 & 4 were halved. However nothing changed. Pain, swelling, spasms. Again I spoke with nurses and Admin. The head nurse laughed and told me she'd had the procedure and not only finished her work day, but had even returned to work the following day with no pain and minor swelling. A few days later, still in severe pain I again asked for a refund. This time I spoke with the Retention Administrator who after discussing my situation for 45 minutes became thoroughly upset when I suggested getting my orthopedic surgeon involved, She went so far as to begin screaming at me. After calming her down, can you believe I had to calm her? She offered to refund a VERY small portion of my fully paid treatment. Now 3 months later, with no treatments since March, "maybe" I see some results. I've spoken repeatedly with Admin. Staff, they've REFUSED, even though their advertisements state, "Money Back Guarantee if not completely satisfied". Now the interesting thing is I've had major back surgery and this procedure is causing horrible swelling in my back culminating in severe spasms to my legs. To put it mildly, I hurt. The ab swelling has gone down but the lumps are still present, and my back still hurts. Since they won't return my money I had decided to continue treatment, however, yesterday (6/29) I had 1/2 treatment # 5. I feel like I was kicked in the back & yes, I do look like I'm 6 months pregnant. – I Would NOT recommend Lipozap. - TO MY WORST ENEMY! - I'm seriously considering seeking legal remedies. - Dr. Adams has promised to call me this coming Monday with info. regarding re-imbursement. - As of today July 12th, I'm still quite swollen and very lumpy, I have yet to hear from Dr. Adams or for that matter anyone on the staff including the young lady who has until this point made follow up calls. By the way Dr. Trout is no longer on staff. Anyone know why? - Kinda makes you wonder................. Additionally I have suffered severe Urinary Tract Infections with each and every treatment. Nov. 16, 2007. Finally got in touch with Dr. Trout’s secretary. She informed me the doctor had disassociated herself from Lipozap because they have not fulfilled their testing procedures and does not want to be associated with any treatment not FDA approved. After many phones calls I have now been told I will receive a form in the mail so I may request a refund. I was also told someone will in 4 to 6 weeks (ahhh 4 to 6 weeks???) to discuss whether I will be permitted any kind of refund. Even though I’m only halfway through treatment.  A letter date Jan. 8, 2008 from MedAesthetica Clients Services gave me three options. #1 Transfer the rest of the Lipozap Treatments for credit on the VelaSmooth procedure. # 2 A credit in the amount of $262.50 toward other services such as Fotofacial, Lazer Hair Removal, Botox, Fraxel, etc. #3 A $262.50 Refund. I called Crystal Hernandez, at MedAesthetica, I left a voice mail. She has never bothered to return my call.  April 29, 2008. I still look pregnant, actually I look much worse than when I started Lipozap. I still have lumps even though last last treatment was July of 2007. We’re talking 9 ½ months ago. And bruising too. LipoZap was a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE mistake!

Continued from above (can't do more than 8000 letters and spaces)

I have seen Dr. Trout at her office in Beverly Hills, and I do consider her to be my doctor.  I had consulted her regarding Liposuction, however at the time, I could not afford the treatment. Dr. Trout was professional, informative, friendly, and her prices, although to expensive for me, were very competitive.
I did not bother to consult her to ask anything about Lipozap. I just assumed because she was the Medical Director, this would be a good thing. - Apparently, she had disassociated herself from MedAesthetica Medical Group because she DID NOT feel associating herself  with using unapproved treatments or non-FDA medication. This was BEFORE I even went in for my consultation. MedAesthetica just didn't bother to remove the link to Dr. Trout. It's my fault I didn't call Dr. Trout personally until after the fact, by then I had already discontinued Lipozap treatments.
Wish I had just saved up the cash and used Dr. Trout's services instead.

Hello to all my new “I got beat by Medaesthetica Friends!

I received the following from the Better Business Bureau today. Thought you all might be interested.

Received from the Better Business Bureau 5-30-08

Medaesthetica Medical Group, Inc.

6320 Canoga Avenue, 13th Floor Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Contact: Cindy Gregos
Phone: (800) 547-6927
Kristeen XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
lady2soothe_ursoul1***@****

In the absence of any response from the company this complaint despite our two requests to them, we are closing our file on this complaint.

This unanswered complaint will become part of the information we report to the public on this company for the next three years. Should any government agency request our files on this company, your complaint will also be included.

If you have settled this complaint directly with the company, would you please email us to let us know that, as well as any other comments you might have. Your help in doing this is important to ensure that our report to the public on this company is accurate.

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau.

Complaint
Complaint Classification:    Credit/Billing/Coll.
Complaint Description - Posted 4/30/2008
Lipo Zap Procedure DID NOT work as advertized. Painful. Lumpy. Bruised. And DID NOT disolve anything but my bank account. I want my money back for the entire procedure as it did not do what they advertized.
Complaint Summary
I want my money back for the entire procedure as it did not do what they advertized.
Resolution Sought
Refund my entire payment
Additional Information
Date Problem First Occurred:     2/23/2007
Product or Service:     Supposedly disolves fat.
Model Name or Number:     
Date Purchased:     2/23/2007
Order Number:     
Amount Paid:     $2600.00

May 30, 2008

It's been almost a year (June 2007) since I had my last Lipozap Treatment.
I still have lumps and nodules which frequently send out painful bee string sensations. Discoloration is still present. I still look swollen and pregnant. My skin is lumpy. I'm making payments to Credit Care on a monthly basis, just to show good faith on my part so when we do finally get the class action suit settled (which unfortunately may be years) they’ll see I’ve fulfilled my part of the bargain - Lipozap refuses to return my calls, they also refuse to acknowledge the Better Business Bureau's inquiries.

I started the injections in May 2006. I too had NO LUCK with LipoDissolve.  I had 12-14 injections in my abdomen. No inches lost. A ton of pain, itching redness, bumps, and lumps. I was still making payments on a product that didn't work. I received a letter from the Missouri Attorney General's office that suggested I contact my credit card company which happened to be GE Money Card aka. Care Credit. I am attaching the letter I sent them below. I got a full refund of my $2400. I was stunned. I hope all of you who have the GE card get your money back. If you put it on another card look at the fine print of your credit card and use that to get your money back from the credit card from their guarantee of product services. Obviously you will need to customize the letter for your situation.

Date

Name
Address
City, State Zip Code

GE Money Bank
PO Box 981438
El Paso, TX 79998-1438

Re: Advanced Lipo Dissolve Centers/Go Fig Inc.
Account #

To Whom It May Concern:

I believe that I have been paying for a product from Advanced Lipo Dissolve Centers /Go Fig Inc. that did not work. I have been contacted by the Missouri Attorney General’s Office and been advised to write to you regarding this issue.

I got the shots but saw no results. In Month Year, I contacted Advanced Lipo Dissolve Center who had changed their name to Fig to inquire about their money back guarantee. I went in to the offices in City, State on Date, Year to be measured, weighed, and photographed. She said I was in the 5% of people the shots didn’t work on. She said she thought there would be no problem with me getting my money refunded. She said they would send the pictures, and my file to the board in St. Louis and it would be 60-90 days before I would hear anything but most likely 90 days.

In December, just shy of the 90 days, the local news reported Fig had closed their doors.
Just this past week they reported Fig had filed bankruptcy.

I have been paying on a bill of $XXXX for a product that doesn’t work. I did NOT receive any results from the agonizing shots. I have tried in good faith to work with Fig until they closed their doors, as the section marked “Special Rules for Credit card Purchases” states. Please refund the $XXXX.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this issue.

First Name Last Name
Viewing 201-203 comments: