Aa
A
A
Close
Levothyroxine, bontril, Maxzide
I went to a diet doctor yesterday because I have been having problems losing weight by myself.  I have 30 lbs to lose.  I had lab done by my regular physician and took those with me.  The diet doctor looked at them all and my B12 was low so he gave me a shot of B12 at the visit.  but he also said that even though my thyroid levels were in the normal range all of my symptoms sounded like I may have a sluggish thyroid so he started me on 100 mcg of levothyroxine 1/2 tablet for one week and then 1 tablet after that.  He also put me on Bontril for an appetite suppressant which worked well yesterday and today I took my second pill.  He also said I may have a condition known as syndrome X so he is going to do some more blood work but I have to be fasting so I have to go back to him  for that.  Then he put me on Maxzide an anti-hypertensive/diuretic to counteract my blood pressure going up with the other two drugs and to help with water weight but my blood pressure was 92/64 in the office.  I am afraid to take the levothyroxine and Maxzide.  I really went just for the appetite suppressant because I am hungry all the time.  Has anybody else been prescribed these drugs for weight loss.  I am taking the Bontril but I want to talk to my regular physician about the leveothyroxine and Maxzide before i take those.  although I have always felt my thyroid was sluggish i am still scared to take the other two drugs.  if there are any docs that read this please give your opinion too.  Like I said, I am going to talk to my regular physician first before taking the other two.  I am a nursing student and am very scared to take stuff that I really don't need.  
Cancel
0 Answers
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
675718 tn?1449992146
Blank
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
9 hrs ago
4059843 tn?1454481984
Blank
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status