Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Looking for some hope.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Looking for some hope.

Hi to everyone,

I am a 35 year old mother of three.  I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2008.  After radiation, my cancer is gone.  I am thankful for the speedy recovery and glad at that I had hardly no difficulty.  Before the cancer diagnosis, my weight would go up and down.  After my thyroidectomy, I was a little over 200lbs.  Now, I am close to 300lbs.  I want to go to South Hampton Weight Loss Clinic and I was wondering if it would be worth it.  I am taking 175mcg of Levothyroxine and 25mg of Hydrochlorothiozide.  Can anyone help??
Wow, I'm sorry for your difficulties... I want to recommend hcg to you, but am not really sure if it would be safe for someone who has had cancer. For most people, the hcg really helps with the weight loss. It has been known to be slower in some people who have pre-existing health conditions, but still works relatively easy, inexpensively, and side-effect free. I did say relatively - it is not completely easy, cheap or side effect free, you understand - but in comparison to other programs, I think it beats them hands down in each of those departments. For example, you don't have to buy expensive -and heavily processed - ready made foods as you do on Jenny Craig. Most side effects reported are headache and/or constipation - both of which can be addressed with dietary changes and increased water consumption.

Ask your doctor about it, if he/she doesn't know anything about it or just says it is baloney, try finding a naturopathic physician. It is definitely a protocol you should be doing with doctor supervision, especially with your history. But it might be the hope you are looking for.
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
mishymoshymarcy If you think you've tried y... Comment
May 01
Track your weight over time