Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Metformin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Metformin

I've been taking 1000 mg a day of metformin.  I noticed that one poster said they took their metformin about 20 minuftes before eating, while I was told to take mine right after eating.  Has anyone tried both approaches and noticed a difference?  Also, I'm taking metformin for PCO (polycystic ovarian syndrom (syndrome)) and my doctor told me to try to lose as much weight as possible to help the medication and my condition.  I'm already a very slender girl (5' 3" and 120 pounds).  I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this.  Is my doctor asking too much?  What can I do to help along some weight loss?  Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!  Thanks!

P.S. I also noticed another poster had stomach problems with metformin.  I've had stomach and digestive problems too!  (A few hurried trips out of class to the restroom!)  Stay away from foods high in sugar or fat and you should be fine!