Weight Loss Alternatives Community
No Energy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

No Energy

I have this problem, I have no energy, I mean none at all. I can't sleep at night, or at least I stay up until about 2:00am all the time and I get up at 5:30 to take my child to school. I have been battling my weight for a long time now and I have all but given up.  I have no energy to do anything.  I used to be very active and now I can hardly run a mile(Walk).  I thought I was low thyroid but I had that check out and it was normal.  Could someone tell me how or what is agood method to restart my metabolish again before I sleep my life away.

Thank you
Dear Noenergy, I think you are at a very good start.  You are frustrated and recognize the things that need changing.  I believe this uneasiness will lead you to means of better health and wellbeing.  Perhaps you should make a trip to your doctor and discuss all of the issues with him or her and following thier wisdom!  Most of all (I WOULD PRAY) because that's the only help I really know.  I've been where you, are and I know it's painful. Therefore, I encourage you to see that you are already making progress by recognizing what you do not like.  In doing, you are closer to your own resolution.  But there are vitamins (Pharmaceutical Brands) that can optize better energy, health and wellness.  Also, I just started with HCG injections w/ appetite suppressants, along with controlled SELECTIVE eating and exercise!  There are options out here! So take some time to research the facts and you'll be directed to a health care professional that will assist you in fulfilling your goals.

Veca
Hi sweetheart

This forum has done wonders for my own self-esteem.  First of all obviously your body needs some major sleep honey.  Personally I think you need to talk to someone.  It sound like there are some deeper problems.  My husband has a sleeping problem and he had no energy and exercise made him feel worse because his body didn't have the energy it needed to exercise.

Look into these ok.

1.  what your eating and when.  Start out eating 5 to 6 small meals and snacks... healthy ones!  make every calorie count.  Add smart protein... no atkins...get away from white breads and pastas....no caffeine...even if you think it gets you evergy...our bodies and machines and they need fuel...feed them.

2.  look into appropriate exercise...listen to your body...

3.  You may have a sleeping disorder.  My husband has had so many sleep labs done and had to wear masks and look like darth vader.  Finally, after obvious observation....he jerks a lot at night and flops like a fish..Doctor put him on a sleeping pill that is a relaxant and...hello... for the first time in the 9 years we have been together... he can sleep through the night and feels wonderful

He's my husband again and feels good.  now wants to exercise and has seen the light about eating more often, healthy foods and I think we'll have a future.

My best info for you is to look at the problem and face it head on.  You deserve to love life and be there for your child and enjoy life with them.  please reply back... I would love to help you through this.

of course I'm no doctor!

Thought I'd add my 2 cents concerning the sleep disorder as  posiblity for the fatigue.  I recently went through the sleep study and was found to have severe sleep apnea.  I had to go back to the sleep center a few days ago and was set up for my cpap machine.  That was a heck of a night!  lol  In the intial study it was found that I never get into the most important part of sleep - REM sleep.  On the night that I returned for the cpap machine I only slept about 2 hours because you have  all these wires, the sound of the cpap machine and the mask not wanting to fit the only small part of my body - my face!  lol   BUT in those two hours I was able to fall into REM sleep for the first time in probably years.  I felt better the morning after a miserable night in the sleep lab than I have in years.  I had a study done about 6 years ago (when I was heavier) and it showed sleep apnea but now it has worsened.  My symptoms were snoring, restless legs, constant headaches, really light sleep, constant movement, some extra weight and HORRIBLE MISERABLE FATIGUE.  I never woke up in the morning feeling refreshed.  The more I slept the worse I felt.  I realize that the machine won't cure everything but I really have high hopes.  It is definitely something you should consider.
I agree.  the best thing is to find out the source of a problem and fix that.

My husband was the exact same only he also may have slight narcolepsy.  Believe me he  doesn't fall down to sleep but sometimes they diagnose you with everything before they pinpoint a problem.

My son also suffered from night terrors until he was 6 so it's definatley an area that should be looked at.

dear no energy
   i have been suffer from the same problem for years.i change my eating habit and did everything perfect took every  enery products i could find. and still could not lose weight and still had no energy. the problem is the test your doctors given you for thyroids are not correct. your thyroids control just about every thing you do energy, your body temperture, your metabolism it can cause other problems like sleep disorders,weight gain or lose, muscle fatigue,and hormone deficency. i was disnoise many time by doctor that told me my thyroids was  normal. i started taking a thyroid product from over the counter from my gnc store and it made all the diffence in the world
What is the tyroid item you bought from GNC? Did it help you to gain energy and loose weight?