Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Phentermine 37.5 Not Working

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Phentermine 37.5 Not Working

I began taking phentermine 37.5 10 days ago. I have also taken 2 B12/B6/lipo shots within the past 10 days and have not lost one pound. I do not feel that my appetite has been suppressed at all. I keep waiting for the pill to take my mind off of snacking but to date has not. What could this be? Would there be anyway that the medication is expired by chance? It does not seem to be effective? I was so hopeful about this program getting me back on track with eating right. Thank you for your input.
Where did you get the phen from.  A doctor?  What  #'s are on the pills?
What nubers are supposed to be on them?  The ones I got at rite aid had 30 ...50. That was on one side of the tablet and just a design on the other side that I really couldn't make out...but they are definitely real.  Read something on the forum about A135...but not sure what that's about.
Hi! Thanks for responding! I got the perscription for phentermine from a Dr. at a Weight Loss Clinic. The medication was shipped to me from a pharmacy. The numbers on the pills are A 159 split by an indented line. I spoke with the clinic this a.m. and they couldn't figure out why the pills would not be supressing my appetite. I asked if I might return the pills to the clinic and be sent more pills just to see if the problem is with those particular pills. So what do you think? I have taken phentermine before and lost 6 lbs the 1st week and my appetite was really suppressed! (which was a great feeling!)
Thanks for your input. I am baffled! I thought I might 1/2 the pill and take 1/2 at 9:00 a.m. and 1/2 at around 1:00. Thanks for responding!
Hi Blossom580 and Kim240,

Just like you, Blossom580, I got my phentermine from a doctor at a weight loss clinic.  My pills also look like the same as you described with the A 159.  Sounds like you definitely have the real phentermine! I read from others on past postings on this forum that they too have had the same problem as you.  They also reported that they took phentermine in the past and got great results.  Then when they took it again later on down the road they didn't get the same results from before.  Maybe you can ask your doctor for a stronger dosage of phentermine or a different brand appetite suppressant.  I hope your doctor will be able to find something that will work for you again!!

I have been taking my phentermine 37.5 mg since the first week of February 2008 and have lost 20 pounds so far!!!  Like you (blossom580) experienced from the first time you took them, I have absolutely NO appetite what so ever.  I hope they keep working for me until I get to my weight loss goal!!!  Gonna keep my fingers crossed they keep working!!!!

Kim240, I don't think you actually have phentermine because it's not sold at rite aid or anywhere else w/o a prescription.  Unless you got it at the pharmacy at the rite aid with a prescription from a doctor.  If you didn't get it with a prescription, then it's definitely not phentermine.  Also, double check the spelling on your bottle.  There are a lot of other over the counter and nonprescription so called appetite suppressants that have a similar spelling to the real phentermine.  A lot of people are being fooled by the similar spelling and buying something that they think is phentermine, but it's not.  The A 159 is the identification number of the pill phentermine 37.5 mg.  Do a web search of "pill identifer" and there you will see how pills are identified.  Once you get into a "pill identifier" site all you have to do is type in the word phentermine and it will show a pictures and descriptions of what phentermine should look like.

Hope this was helpful to you guys.  Take care and good luck in your weight loss journey!!!
Thanks for the detailed response to my concern of the phentermine not working. If one has taken phentermine in the past does this immune them forever from the dynamic effects? That seems odd considering it has been out of my system for quite sometime. How long would one have to wait to take it so that it would be effective again? This really concerns me as I was hopeful the program that this Weight Loss Center offers would do the trick since my weight is creeping upwards at the moment. I would appreciate any responses to this concern.
Thanks so much!
I responded to your other post blossom but they don't make phen like they used to .. It is very weak compared to years ago.  You were used to the good ones and these are not that strong.  A159/mp273 and also there is a 20/50 or 30/50 (not sure which one.)  There might be others that I haven't seen.  
Can you tell me a little bit more of the pharmacy that shipped them to you?
I too have been taking Phen on and off for more then 10 years and just recently received the 50/30's from CVS and think they are terrible.  I almost was inclined tothnk they were fakes - that is how bad they are.  I do not really feel  any affects from them and will definately switch to Walgreens or Costco the next time I order.
I have heard the same thing from others that received those!
Has anyone received Phen MP273? What do you think? I'm not sure mine are working as well as expected and I seem very tired. The old Phen used to give me tons of energy and never a headache or sleepiness. I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Hi.. where did you get it from?  I take MP273 and they are good.  I get mine from a Dr.  Some prefer A159 and some like the MP273 better.
I received my Phen from my local pharmacy; Dr. B rx. I have been losing weight, they just seem to make me tired. I used to use the A159 a few yrs. back and they supressed appetite and gave me loads of energy. I have stopped taking the Prozac a few days ago, maybe I was tired from that. Thanks for your input.
Hi.. yeah it might have been the prozac.. give it a few more days!  WHat are you eating in a day and when do you take it?
When you pick up your prescription from the pharmacist ask to see the bottle they are dispensing it from. The mp273s i have are from Mutual Pharmasueticals and they are terrific IMO. Ya know it could be that you are getting it from an expired bottle.... Check!
I also had the same problem with my pills.  This is my second week on Phentermine.  2 wks ago I lost 6.5 pounds with the Rx pills that I got at a Food Town pharmacy.  Then last week I got them at double the price at CVS.  I didn't read the numbers on the second set of pills but the first ones were a number and a symbol of some kind and were WHITE W/BLUE DOTS.   The ones from CVS that I took this past week were BLUE W/DK BLUE SPOTS but didn't read the number and didn't loose any weight.  They didn't suppress my appetite at all and was short 1 pill for memorial day.  

Yesterday I got a new Rx & I went back to Food Town where I got them the first time because those worked best for me but just read on them and then have a line in the middle and it reads K/25.  On the bottle it also has PMP N.  Shall I return this?  I don't think they are the same that I got the first time and I haven't taken any yet.  Could this be fakes????
Best place with cheapest price here for me http://www.phentrimine-shop.com/group.php?id=59&aid=4397 check it!
  I have been going to a medical weight loss center also, and I have been getting my pills there. Usually they work pretty well and give me a lot of energy, but this last bottle I got had K/25 on it, and I have felt horrible since I have been taking them. They also look different than the last ones I got there.
  I used to be able to order them online with no prescription, but I guess those days are over.
  Anyone else with the K/25 pills? Thanks to all who posted on this, because now I believe that is the problem.
  Thanks!
I got my script filled at CVS and I have those light blue pills with the dark blue dots, the have the little logo on one side and 30-50 on the other.  I have been taking them for nearly 2 weeks now and I have only lost 1lb.  I am hungry all the time, and I never got that energy that everyone talks about.  I'm going back to my dr. tomorrow to get weighed and get my second B12/Lipo shot, so I will see what he thinks.  It's just very frustrating.
Glad to hear other people are have the same problem i am. I have been taking Phentermine ,plus  B12, B6 and Lipo shots. I go every week and have lost 2 pounds in 4 weeks. The pills dont curb my hunger plus i dont have all this energy other people have from the B12 shot. My pills are white with blue dots. My weight Dr. faxs my oder for the pills and i pick them up. 2 weeks are $40.00. I used to take tham about 8 yrs ago and got them filled for 30.00 for 1 month and they worked great. The pharmacy is next door to the weight loss clinic and i know they have a scheme going on the cost of pills. I also take Prozac and Wellbutrin. I thought maybe thats why the pills and shots are not working. Like others have said Its Frustrating and costly.
Phentermine is a dangerous choice for weight loss. Also, it doesnt work for a lot of people. Id like to suggest the HCG weight loss program. I joined the program through Body Solutions RX in Colorado Springs,CO. They help people in the US 50 states, no matter what the distance. This can all be done by not even going in to their clinic. This clinic is a member of the Better Business Bureau and is well known. The HCG weight loss program is an excellent choice and helped me lose 36 pounds in 6 weeks. I have kept the weight off and am very happy. This program will suppress hunger and definantly helps in weight loss. The clinic also offers a B-12 Lipotropics program. This can work along with the HCG program. A free consult is available so that you can call and speak with someone about these programs. Their website is www.bodysolutionsrx.com
After my last posting I found out that the Phentermine K/25 (white w/blue specles) is what the pharmacy had given me the first and 3rd week, it's working very good for me.  The pills that I got the 2nd wk from CVS were Phentermine 30/50 (blue w/dk blue speckles), they didn't do ANYTHING for me and I GAINED a pound.  This ones have been working good just like the first week.  I will find out today if I lost some weight.  I just got back from a week long vacation.  I guess I did ok but zero exercise.  

The K/25 side effect that it gives me is zero appetite, extremely thirsty and extremely dry mouth.
I am new to this forum, but am interested in how everyone is doing on Phentermine. I was given the RX from my PCP and started taking it. The pils I got fron CVS are Light blue with the dark blue spots. I lost 6 lbs. in 3 days. It is definently working and I am having to make myself eat. I am also taking Lyrica and Zoloft for Fibromyalgia, so I hope I continue to loss the weight.
i AM LOOKING FOR PHENTERMINE 37.5 IMPRINTED WITH 159 A . I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND CAN NOT GET THE PHENTERMINE I USED TO GET YRS AGO. I AM WILLING TO PAY $150 FOR 30-40 PILLS . IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW - I HAVE A PAYPAL ACCT AND CAN PAY ASAP OR SEND MONEY ORDER OR CASHIERS CHECK - I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BEFORE WITH SOMEONE POSTING THEY HAD PHENTERMINE FOR SALE AND OF COARSE GOT RIPPED OFF. PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP CONTACT ME . GETTING MARRIED AND TRYING TO LOSE AN EXTRA 20 LBS IN 3 MONTHS. THANK YOU SO MUCH EMAIL IS ZEBULON.***@****
This is my second month taking adipex with k/25 on them (white with blue specks) have not done a thing for me. I take 3 a day, what is wrong?
Same problem- dont know if my body adjusted to them or not but they stopped working for me too!!!
Sounds like Big Pharma is putting out some fake and weak Phentermines since the FDA/Big Pharma/Monsanto trio want to keep us all fat, sluggish and dependant on them for our tainted msg, aspartame, high fructose, gmo laden food supply that's making us all fat and keeping us HUNGRY and sick all the time to further line their greedy pockets.  That's why the FDA won't let us have the things that actually make us loose weight, such as Metabolife 356 which they took off the market while they continue to put rat poison in our water (flouride) which destroys our thyroid glands and slows our metabolisms, not to mention mercury in tooth fillings and vaccines which also wreak havoc on the immune system.  Notice how they flood the market with all their toxic crap that does NOT cure anything but causes more side effects while taking away or making nearly impossible to get WEIGHT LOSS pills that work!  Can anyone add 2 + 2 anymore?????
I have been prescribed phentermine 37.5 for a week now. I have lost 4 pounds and felt really great while taking the pills. Lots of energy, no appetite what so ever! Sadly to say now, the pill has stopped working. I'm exaughsted soon after I take the pill, I'm always hungry. Hopefully my doctor can figure what the problem is and find a soltuion that works because it just doesn't make since to y it stopped working
after a while, you body can become   used to the phen, after prolonged use. I go to a weight loss clinic, and my dr would have me take a drug "holiday" after x amount of time using it. I have taken it on and for over a year and whenever I take one, it feels just like the first time. Lots of energy, completely no appetite either.
i too am experiencing the same problem,,,,,on the adipex for a month now....im still hungry and havnt lost a pound....i got mine with a doctors script and bought them from Walgreens....im wondering if im just immuned to it although i've never taken it before,,,,,im baffled as well

the k-25 phentermine are great I have used them for the past 6 months and have lost 28 pounds feel great any question give me a call at 707-501-9437

have a great day
I am just starting my 3rd month of Phen prescribed by my doctor and I have not lost a pound.  She says she has never had a patient not lose.  They either lose, or lose too fast.  (sigh)   They definitely work for me in terms of energy and loss of appetite.  I have to make myself eat, but even with a low fat, strict diet (lactose intolerant and no gluten) as well as volleyball 2hrs a night 3x a week, and zumba and the gym the rest of the nights... nada!   Talk about frustrating and she has no answers to give me.