Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Phentermine B12 AND HYPOTHYROID

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Phentermine B12 AND HYPOTHYROID

I am from the Richmond Va area... I had my thyroids removed 2 years ago and has experienced sever weight gain since.    I would like ot setup and appt with Dr Lopez in Woodbridge or Dr Johnson in Richmond, however, I am not sure if they would provide me with the Phen- b12 diet since I am hypothyroid.    Has anyone been sucessful with getting this diet with hypothyrods.   Thanks     NEED HELP BEFORE the weight SPIRALS out of control.
I amd at
I have hypothyroidism and take a 150mg tab once a day. I aso receive B12 injections once a month for chronz disease. I went to a weight management clinic and was prescribed 37.5mg of phentermine.  I have to take half a pill because whenever I take the entire pill I won't eat with it.  In two months I have lost 10 pounds. I take a number of medications for several illnesses, but the doctor felt phentermine would work best for me.  I thought I would never loose weight with the under active thyroid.  The 1500 calorie diet and walking on the tredmill 30 minutes a day seems to work.  Best of luck to you!  
Let me know what you find in Richmond.  I have the same problem.  Never weighed more than 105 pds until they removed my thyroid and now I'm up to 165 and can't move. The doctors have been totally unhelpful.  Need to do something--keep my diet at 1200 calories a day, fox hunt, clean a six stall barn daily and go to the gym at least three days a week and I'm still gaining weight.  It's so frustrating.
check with Dr Posner in Burke VA. He is a internist MD and has a terrific weight loss program called Serotonin Plus. spdiet.com/.

I was on it 2 years ago and was very happy. I actually went back yesterday and re-started. He is very conservative with EKGs etc, so he can determine the safety of what you need.
when you were prescribed the phen, did the weight management doctor know you suffered from hypothyroidism