Phentermine and constipation
I know this isn't an ideal subject to ask about but could use your help and any advice you can give.  I have been taking Phentermine since April.  I know one of the side effects is constipation.  I called the doctor's office about a month ago to ask for suggestions and was told to take 2 Colace pills per day and that would help...wrong!  It done absolutely nothing.  Since beginning the phentermine I have taken a laxative once a week.  The only reason this bothers me is because I know laxatives aren't good for you.  How long is safe to go without having a bowel movement?  This concerns me b/c I have a friend that at one point several months ago had to go to the ER because of an impacted colon.  She had also been on the Phentermine at one point but I do not know if this happened during that time or after she stopped taking it.  I do not see her enough to remember to ask.  Does anyone have any suggestions that may have worked for you personally?
I've had this problem, too.  Are you drinking lots and lots of water?  This seems to help me.  I also use Benefiber, and drink two cups of coffee every morning.  I do take a couple of Senskot every three days or so, but I think the thing that helps most is drinking enough fluids.
I do drink water but not as much as you, I'm sure.  I'm not a coffee drinker but I have heard people say that it sends them to the bathroom.  I might have to bite the bullet and give it a try.  Do you drink decaf coffee?  Thanks so much for your suggestions.  I'll have to work on my water intake also.
I drink a gallon of fluids per day - most of that water.  The rest of it is sugar-free, caffeine free.  That doesn't count the coffee, which is not decaf.  Decaf would have the same effect, though.  I use sugar-free french vanilla creamer and Splenda and the coffee is really good!  Are you eating enough fiber?  Fruits, veggies?  I don't eat nearly enough, but I believe it helps.
YOU THINK THAT CECOPEXY CECUM FIXATION CAN CURE IBS - D

"To doctor Max Wilms (1867-1918), who discovered how to cure constipation with a simple operation that has been abandoned and forgotten by surgeons for decades. To patients, particularly women, who have suffered for many years not only their physical ailments, but also an authentic discrimination due to the lack of understanding by their relatives, physicians  and society in general."

The aim of this page is mainly to publicize our research and excellent results after more then 20 years and more than 600 patients treating constipation with cecopexy (cecum fixation), which is a simple surgical operation, very similar to the operation performed in cases of appendicitis, but with a lower risk (see the section on Cecopexy).

The relationship between constipation and mobile cecum was recently demonstrated in a study performed in Cuba by Dr. Maura Bouza, under supervision of Dr. Ahmed Guzm
oh my, I wonder if you'll be banned???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kk2
they certainly should be
Yikes.  I don't even know what to say.
senecot. Natural vegetable laxative. Take 2 a day up to 4 if needed.