Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Phentermine and depression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Phentermine and depression

I have had depression in my past and it runs in my family. I havent been on medication for 3 years and have been fine. Ever since I started phentermine my depression has come back. Also I have been experiencing shortness of breath and my heart has been beating really fast. I just thought this was normal with the side effects of the phentermine but read that if I was experiencing these symptoms to contact my doctor. They are condidered SEVERE side effects. I'm really worried and stopped taking the phentermine today. I'm upset that this is happening because I was losing weight and found this successful. Im getting the B-12 and lipo shots as well.  Maybe I will still get results if I stop taking the phentermine and stick to the shots. Does anyone have any feedback or advice.