Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Phentermine dosage too high?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Phentermine dosage too high?

Hey everyone!  Went to the dr. on Tuesday and they upped my dose of phentermine--15 mg. in the am and 30 mg in the afternoon for a total of 45 mg altogether.  Does this dosage seem too high?  I know the 37.5 mg is the highest dose and taken only once a day.  Also, I was given 30 mg. a few years back and only took it once a day.  Thanks for any advice!
I don't think it is to high.  I have been taking Phentermine for a week.  35mg in the morning and 15mg in the afternoon.  I have lost 9lbs already.
Okay--I was a little worried about it and haven't taken it yet.  Tomorrow is a good day to start because I don't have to work so if it makes me sick, I can just stay in bed!  Thanks for the info.
I am currently on Phentermine 30 mg.  Just was bumped up to the 37.5. In the meantime, it has not been working as good as it was when I first started taking the pill.  My question is how do you split your capsul to make your mg dosage higher
i just started phentermine 37.5 mg once a day. i weigh 238 and want to get down to 130 im changing my eating habits and looking at joining a gym. i hope it works!
hi..im currently on phentermine.. have been for 2mo.. currently take 37.5 twice a day.. hasnt worked at all.. so no.. dose isn't too high.. nothing works!
Hi I'm Melissa. I have been on Phentermine for 2 months now. Weight issues run in my family and I started taking it because my younger sister (she's 5'6") who was 175 lbs. is now down to 135. My other younger sister (she's 5'3") was 160 lbs. is now down to 125 lbs. I am 5'7" and the oldest with the most weight issues. I started at 216 and am down to 194 in 2 months. Both sister's changed their eating habits and are exercising. They are eating healthy foods and use salad plates for dinner plates. They also do yoga at least 3x a week. All of our dosages are 37.5mg in the capsule because it is time-released. I am having the hardest time because my dr won't release me to exercise until I reach 180 because of joint issues. I truly believe that if you change your diet and exercise this will work for you. I'm not sure about your dosage but you may want to switch to the time-released capsule because it lasts for 12 hours. Just remember it is not a miracle drug. It is made to suppress your appetite so you can get a grip on eating healthy without the cravings and to give you energy so you can get the motivation to exercise. It also speeds up a depressed metabolism. I hope this information helps :-)
i just started my pill yesterday. and i truly don't think its going to work on me.. can ya tell me what i should eat and what not to eat.. i  know so far i need to do a cardio work out..
Hi, I have been on Phentermine 15mg for 3 months and I lost about 8lbs a month, I am now up to 30mg a month but his is due to the fact that I am eating a healthy diet, no soda, no junk. I also go to the gym every other day and run and lift weights. If you do not do this as well you will gain he weight back when the dr takes you off the medication for good. So make sure you diet and work out.