Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Phentermine tingling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Phentermine tingling

I just started taking phentermine today and have noticed that my skin on my back, arms, and legs get waves of tingling....sort of like a chill.  Has anyone else had this happen?

Is this the first time ever that you have taken Phentermine? Are you taking the 37.5 mg? When I first took phentermine it was back in 1997 and I also experienced similar effects for the first couple of days I took it. I also sweat a lot during those first couple of days too. I would say if it is your first time, then it is probably pretty normal. But, if you would feel more comfortable, check with your doctor. Hope all goes well! Good Luck
Thank you so much for the support.  It is my first time and yes, I'm taking 37.5 mg.  I hit 50 last year....gained 15lbs over the winter in addition to the extra that I already had and needed something to jump start my weight loss.  I was kinda bummed when I started to feel the tingling.  A friend of mine said that she didn't feel well the first 3 days too.  Have you had good luck with it?  Take care.
That is normal. If you are taking the 37.5, you could break them in to and take half in the morning and the other in the afternoon.  Don't wait to late or the could keep you from sleeping.  I've taken them off and on for 4 years. I lost 40 pounds on them the first time within 4 months. They worked great.  The longer you take them the less effective they are. So you may even want to start out by just taking half for a while. Good luck.
You are most welcome. Yes, phentermine has always been great for me and weightloss. I went up to 207 pounds with my daughters birth, and that was 11 years ago, after her birth, I could not shed the many extra pounds. Went on phentermine 37.5 mg and had a b12 shot every 2 weeks and I shed the pounds VERY quickly, but I also exercised and ate hardly no fat and added sugars. But, as the years have come and gone another child and just getting older, I have used phentermine often and it always helps me loose my extra weight. But, my doc will not give it to me again, she states I am within my weight range. But, I would still love to shed like 8-10 pounds. Anyway, good luck to you!