Aa
A
A
Close
Side effect info needed
What are the side effects of discontuing Lexapro?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
One of the major side effects I had was dizziness.  But that was the second time I'd been on Lexapro.  The first time I started taking it was because I was had been taking the DepoProvera shot for almost 2 years which not only made me gain weight  (60 pounds) but, it messed up my state of mind.  I was just MEAN.  I made my 2 year old cry for saying "nakkin" instead of "napkin".  Not a pretty site.  The first time I started taking lexapro; I had a continuous dull headache for about a week until my body got used to it.  I took it for a year.  I lost weight and was a Much happier person.  I was off it for about 2 years before I decided to go back on it.  I had Gained weight again and I wasn't handling stress very well.  It helped...but, i noticed it wasn't working as well as it had the first time. I took it for about 6 months....then the rx expired and i was off it for 1-1/2 weeks.  My head was very swimmy & dizzy at times. Also, I was very emotional and short-tempered.  My doctor refilled at my yearly check up ... but this time we took it to 20mg...now I've noticed it's working like it did the first time I took it.  I'm a happier person and I'm not just eating for something to do.  I actually listen to whether or not my body is hungry.  Sorry to be so long and drawn out...but I wanted to post my experience.  Hope this helps.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4059843 tn?1465214932
Blank
mishymoshymarcy Breathe and let go, I can d... Comment
Aug 23
Blank
Nacht246 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Aug 22
4059843 tn?1465214932
Blank
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Aug 20
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
Weight Loss Alternatives Community Resources