Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Side effect info needed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Side effect info needed

What are the side effects of discontuing Lexapro?
One of the major side effects I had was dizziness.  But that was the second time I'd been on Lexapro.  The first time I started taking it was because I was had been taking the DepoProvera shot for almost 2 years which not only made me gain weight  (60 pounds) but, it messed up my state of mind.  I was just MEAN.  I made my 2 year old cry for saying "nakkin" instead of "napkin".  Not a pretty site.  The first time I started taking lexapro; I had a continuous dull headache for about a week until my body got used to it.  I took it for a year.  I lost weight and was a Much happier person.  I was off it for about 2 years before I decided to go back on it.  I had Gained weight again and I wasn't handling stress very well.  It helped...but, i noticed it wasn't working as well as it had the first time. I took it for about 6 months....then the rx expired and i was off it for 1-1/2 weeks.  My head was very swimmy & dizzy at times. Also, I was very emotional and short-tempered.  My doctor refilled at my yearly check up ... but this time we took it to 20mg...now I've noticed it's working like it did the first time I took it.  I'm a happier person and I'm not just eating for something to do.  I actually listen to whether or not my body is hungry.  Sorry to be so long and drawn out...but I wanted to post my experience.  Hope this helps.