Weight Loss Alternatives Community
SlimQuick

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

SlimQuick

Hi, I am currently on NutriSystem.  It is working, and I found foods on there plan I like.  The weight is coming off slowly, but it's coming off.  I am also going on the treadmill for 25 min a day.  My sister in law called me to tell me she just lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks on SlimQuick and she felt NO SIDE EFFECTS like in other weight loss pills.  She said I need to get them.  So, I went and purchased a bottle.  I haven't taken them yet, in fear of the side effects.  I took stacker 2 one time and it gave me an anxiety attack.  The guy in GNC said SlimQuick nothing like Stacker 2.  Has anyone had a bad experience with SlimQuick?  Please share positive experiences too.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
I tried slimquick for 3 months.  No weight loss, never felt any side effects until I didn't take them anymore.  The energy you get from them is great but I literally crashed afterwards.  I don't recommend pills to anyone.
I struggled to lose 15 pounds for two years.  There is a great website called sparkpeople.com.  it is the only thing that has helped me.  I believe that it's our diets and exercise that will truly help us.  Keep doing it the way you are.  You are learning to eat healthy and propper portions.  As to your friend,  yes it works for people but what about when she has to go off it, you can't take it for ever!  Will her weight come back just as quickly as she lost it.

I have used this new website for only 3 weeks and have lost 4 pounds.  Yes it's not like magic but i'm losing it myself, my goals and changing my entire families health because of it.
I was reading about SlimQuick and there is a certain diet that you are suppose to follow it. I was wondering for those of you who took it if they followed the diet?
Greetings...you are recommended to follow the diet inside the box for slimquick plus their exercise plan. (I do not follow their plan).  I am on week 3 of taking them, 1st week I lost 3 lbs., 2nd week I gained them back (assume it was water weight), I exercise at a gym 3-5x's a week, I am having protein mix smoothies w/fruit and skim milk 2x's a day, plus a dinner meal - smaller portions.  I have bought 2 more bottles of pills, if there is no loss after the pills are done, then I will go at it without the pills. I feel the pills are more motivational than magic - since you feel as if you should follow a diet/exercise plan, otherwise why spend the 30 bucks for the bottle of pills? We all know there is no magic pill to lose weight, but if this is something that can push our metabolism while changing our mindset, then it is well worth the money spent.  Best of Luck to All.
I've read the archive for this topic and I guess slimquick does not work for everybody. I'm on my second week right now of taking slimquick (been taking the prescribed 4 capsules a day for week 2) and I have spotting today.  The only pill I'm taking right now is slimquick.  I lost 2 lbs last week when I first took it, had a lot of energy when I work out but gained back the 2 lbs this week and I'm feeling bloated and I have cramps.  It's like I'll be having my period when I'm not due yet for 2 weeks.  I have a regular cycle and I never had spotting before.

If you experience the same side effect, please stop using them.  I will not be taking these pills anymore and hopefully my spotting stops tomorrow.
I was so motivated by the commercial and reading all about slimquick on different websites and then they were on sale too for $20 a bottle!  So of course I went and bought 2 bottles (one month) worth.  I started 4 days ago on thursday.  I took my recommended 1 pill in the morning and one pill 6 hours later.  Everything was fine until that night.  I was very tired and felt as if I couldn't even stand up.  I was getting tired so I decided to just go to bed.  I woke up friday morning still very dizzy and very fatigue.  I continued with the pills, one in the morning and one 6 hours later.  I was so tired I had to take an hour nap on my lunch break!  I woke up still dizzy, but a little more rested.  Saturday morning, the same thing.  I woke up dizzy, but still not thinking it was the pills took my one dose in the morning.  By the time the second dose rolled around I was so tired I fell asleep for 2 1/2 hours!  After missing the 2nd dose I decided to stop taking the pills.  I couldn't take this dizzy feeling anymore.  I didn't take any pills on sunday, again, so tired.  Today is Monday and I woke up still dizzy and tired.  I'm thinking that maybe the pills are still in my system so I am going to wait another day or two before before thinking its something more serious and going to the doctor.  So needless to say I got NO ENERGY from the pill and I have been very short tempered from the dizziness and fatigue.  These pills have not worked for me and I have wasted my money!
I posted months ago..slim quick is junk...cortislim ..junk..just about every diet pill out ther eis 100% junk..ITS COMMON SENSE..and pills that 'try' to tell you,that your not hungry...junk...
I started slimquick 3 days ago and I had to stop taking it. I experienced huge amount of anxiety but since i dont drink coffee, thought the caffeine might be the problem but that i would get used to it. I couldnt sleep the first night, the second night (yesterday i had chest pain at night). Today i did my regular exercise routine, I had to stop eraly because of MAJOR chest pain (it felt like i was having a heart attack), after the second one about 4 hours later I knew i had to stop. I suffer from anxiety on the regular so it might be that too.

The pill gives you energy which is great. For people who arent sensitive to stimulants go for it, i dont know if you will loose weight though since i only took it for 2 days.
ok ,since EPHEDRA was banned.....then brought back ,but in 10mg instead of 20.most companys stopped selling it..knopwing a full ban is comming..which it is..as of right now its 100% legal to buy & use EHPEDRA...so all companys use about 5 differnt names for caffeine...if not more..and also the new green tea .which is caffeine.and some still use bitter orange under different names.which is EHEDRAS cousin...no weight loss pill right now is worth $1 buck...for fart loss..for energy there are some great 1/s out...slimquick is a joke..as in everything that company sells..call klien-becker ,they make there products look like real RX MEDS and charge way to much $$ they charge over $100 bucks for a weigh tloss product.I called them on it..and said..the stuff in it is nothing great..so where do you get your price..it had fancy names in it..but I know what they realy was like 'asprin' as of right now..EHPEDRA is the only thing proven to work..its all over the interent..just take as it says..the cortisol scam got busted..sued for over $ 100 million for false ads..cortislim ....etc..like HCG there is no trick.....eat less..excercise more..simple as that
I took the pill's for one week and had to stop taking them.I had so much pain in what i beleave was my gulblater.And the  indigestion and gas was.....very bad.Last time i took the pill's was 2 days ago and my belly is still not right.
I started taking Slim Quick on Tuesday, June 17.  After the first day, just two pills, I was shaking at work from whatever stimulant is in it.  That faded away and I have had plenty of energy which has been appreciated.  Starting Monday of this week, I have had nausea and pains in my abdomen that I can't contribute to anything else but the Slim Quick. I thought it was period cramps but these are not the same.  I am thinking about returning the Slim Quick, especially when I weighed myself today and my weight is UP over 3 pounds.  This isn't worth it.  I was looking for a pill to pair with healthy eating and exercise like this one advertises, but its turned into another disappointment.  Why can't there be something out there that gives you just a little extra boost?  Something small so you lose an extra pound a week but your internal health isn't affected?
Ive Been Taking Slim Quick For 4 days ive lost 8 pounds but im not taking it anymore!!! BECAUSE i have extremely bad chest pains! like my heart hurts! its not worth the weight loss to die.
I used slimquick for about 3 months and I have lost a total of about 30lbs.  I only experienced nausea when I took the pills without eating, but after I ate something I felt much better.  I also eat much better along with exercise 5days a week for 45min to an hour.  I really think that slimquick is a very good supplement to take.
I have been on it now a week and lovea it!  I was dieting and exercising already for a week and had only dropped one pound...which yes is healthy, but your first week you should drop the water weight.  The moment I took the first pill I started losing.  I have dropped the water weight in just one week...10 pounds lost now in two weeks.  I know it will slow down at this point; but my energy is great, and I have to remind myself to eat.  I do not think I will take the double dose it recommends just because I don't like to feel jittery.  I felt that way with these for the first day, but after that I didn't have a problem.  I normally drink a lot of caffeine, though, so I think my body was already used to it.  If you do not normally take in caffeine, I would suggest starting with just one pill in the afternoon for a week, then up it...you have to ease your body into things like this!!  ALWAYS consult your doctor...that's not just a slogan...that's what they're there for!!  Feel free to ask my progress... my email is ***@****
After taking Slimquick for 3 days, my last pill, this morning just about killed my nerves. I was on the verge of a panic attack. I never want to feel that way again. I'm going to test it again, but if it makes me feel that way, I'm quitting. They are not worth it.
I had a horrible experience with SlimQuick. I started taking SlimQuick in early January and I followed the recommened dosage for the first week (1 pill twice daily) for about a month. As soon as I started taking two pills at a time all my problems started. I have been in the Hospital twice in the past two weeks with chest pains and major anxiety. My nerves are shot and I have appointments with Cardiologists and other health care professionals. I did lose about 8 pounds but I feel that is due to the anxiety and nausea I have experienced in the past two weeks. This product might work for other people but I would seriously think twice about taking any diet pills without consulting a Doctor first. Trust me I am going to lose weight the old fashioned way, lots of hardwork, sweat, and a new dedication to myself, because I am worth it!
I started taking the pills about... oh, 2 weeks ago.  Scraped them, they're junk - mostly caffeine and problems.  

I wanted to take them in addition to my diet (I’m pretty proportionate in my weight distribution - I just want to loose a couple of inches around my thighs and belly) because I wanted to loose the weight in the right areas (I'm pretty vain about my boobs and I really want no change in that area). For this, they may have worked, had I not been so unhappy with the side effects.

But, for those of you who are looking for something to help with weight loss… I really don’t think the pills helped me any.  I've cut way back on calories these past few weeks, but I haven't noticed change or any loss in inches anywhere (however, I've been bloated, thanks to the pills), but who knows?  I'm not every woman.

What I DID notice, however, were the following: headache pain, indigestion, cramping, bloating (a lady asked me when my baby was due – I’m not pregnant), and fatigue.  There is also frequent nausea... and that is most likely because they tell you to take the pill on an empty stomach.   After you eat, it’s better…but I would often go to bed feeling queasy and wake much the same.  

My advice is to get a diet program that encourages healthy diet and moderate exercise.  I know, I know – groan, but that is the most effective way to loose weight, ladies.  You’ll feel better about your body because YOU shaped it the way it has become, not some diet pill, and you’ll have double the energy… and, unlike caffeine, the energy that comes with exercise isn’t a bad think to be addicted to, should you decide you wish to stop…

Good luck everyone!
So I started SlimQuick yesterday...I have the chest pains, but very lightly. It hurts for about 2 hours after I take the pill. Never have had hear burn, but my chest feels a little tight and heavy. And I have blurry vision. I dont drink coffee, or any other caffine product, but I am going to tough it out for a few weeks to see if I get used to this product. Another thing is that I am extremely tired. Whats that all about...well, caffine doesnt effect me-guess thats why I dont partake in the morning like so many others do. Well, it could be worse, I took the GNC RapidFuel or something like that and ended up in the hospital...they said it induced a panic attack. Never had an attack before, so I thought I was having a heart attack. I will update in a few weeks. :)
I should have checked the reviews before trying it.  I've been on almost a week and a half.  I got a pack free from a supplier, and since I was already working on losing some pudge I thought it wouldn't hurt to add it to my usual cycle.  If it would help stimulate the weight loss faster, it would be a plus, I thought.  I have to wear a swimsuit type of outfit for photoshoot in several months and I decided I'd lose a few pounds of pudge and tone up for it.

I had the same side effects as nearly everyone.  I thought it was just the caffeine, since I'm not a coffee, pop or alcohol drinker.  Dizziness, fatigue, nausea, bloating, headache-migraine, hunger, but then after eating, immediate nausea and general feeling of unease and upset stomach.  I had trouble sleeping, and woke up feeling woozy and achy.  It's not really worth it, and I even drank more water thinking that I was just dehydrated.  I felt nauseous drinking water!  Anyway, I just stopped it yesterday after reading some reviews.  The effects from it were inducing mistakes in judgment at work, and mistakes made there become costly and time consuming.  I think for others wanting to lose weight, just focus on meal-planning and prep food items to go in fridge to reduce last minute easy dinners, and schedule fitness into your day and stick to it.
Im going to stop using this product today.  Wow...MY CHEST HURTS, HEART RACES, PANIC ATTACKS. Yes, I am losing weight with the pill, but I feel like im going to pass out.  Not worth it to me.
I started the Slimquick mixed berry drink packets on the afternoon of May 13, 2009. The first bottle I drank I felt fine, was able to go to bed that night with no problems. Yesterday, May 14th, I had another bottle at about 10:30 am ( youre supposed to have 2 bottles a day for the first week). I felt fine right after also. At about 2pm I experienced a sudden wave of nausea and I felt like my heart was racing and I had such pressure in my chest I felt like someone was sitting on me. Not thinking it was from the Slimquick because I was fine the night before I had another bottle at about 5:30pm. At this point the fluttery feeling in my chest and shortness of breath continued. All evening I felt like I was having heart palpitations and an anxiety attack. Finally at about 12:30 this morning I went to the emergency room because it had been hours and I wasn't feeling any better. After speaking with the doctor he informed me that the Slimquick packs have about 565mg of caffeine per pack ( I don't know where he looked this up). The box states that one serving has the caffeine equivalent of one cup of coffee. Well, seeing how one cup of coffee has 60-100 mg off caffeine in it I'd say thats well more than one cup of coffee work. And because you're supposed to have two bottles a day (roughly 1200mg of caffeine) thats an insane amount to put your body through. The doctor instructed me to not take this product anymore and to actually make an appt with my regular physician to make sure these heart palpitations didn't accumulate to anything more serious. Apparently there are some extracts in the product too that add a little bit to the caffeine content. So yeah, I felt energized and felt like i could run a mile but I also felt like my heart was beating to fast it was going to just die out on me. I was so jittery and anxious feeling it was rediculous. So no, I would not recommend this product, it was a horrible feeling.
I'm using slim quick, but the drink mix type. I never use diet pills anymore. I'm a pretty hard core cyclist, I ride all the time, and I started counting calories several months ago.

I do have some gas, and I have great energy. I've lost 3 pounds in a week. I just needed an extra boost go get the last few pounds off. If the pills are too much (many times diet pills are) try the drink mix. It may be a little easier on you.
I actually started Slimquick Saturday (it is now  Tuesday) and everything was fine until yesterday... At work I had very blurry vision that led to a severe migraine, and then after the migraine I had nausea until I ate, but I still had some nausea later that night.. I also noticed a decrease in my sex drive. I would NOT recommend Slimquick! It is a waste of money and my manager actually asked me if i was pregnant because of how sick i was looking! WHile I did lose 4 pounds in just 2 days, I would much rather stop drinking pop, watch what I eat, and exercise than risk my long-term health by ingesting foreign substances from a pill.
I HAVE STARTED SLIMQUICK 5 DAYS AGO TO LOOSE BABY WEIGHT AND I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE DRINK MIX I DRINK ONE IN THE MORNING AND MAKE SURE I EAT SO I DONT GET THE JITTERS. ONCE I EAT LUNCH I DRINK HALF OF THE BOTTLE OF MIX AND THEN LATER THE AFTERNOON THE OTHER HALF WITH MY SNACK THAT WAY I DONT FEEL ANY JITTERS OR ANXIETY WITH DRINKING IT SO FAST. I HAVE LOST 5 LBS IN 5 DAY AND HOPE TO LOOSE 10 MORE. SPACING OUT THE DRINK MIX AND WATCHING MY CALORIE INTAKE IS WORKING GREAT FOR ME
I have been taking Slimquick for only 4 days and have already lost 3 pounds. I follow the workout schedule, but the diet; not so much. Ive just cut back on bad foods and my portions.
Hi my name is Kristina, I'm 17 and about 8 months ago I started taking slimquick cause I was gaining water weight like there was no tomorrow. Nothing happens in the first three months but from the fourth month till now I went from 150lbs to 130lbs and lost inches all over my body..which btw the commercial lies, my breasts went from a 38c to about a 32c. But now I honestly don't think they are worth it. I'm at the gym everyday and am limited as to what I can to. If I work out to long I get hungry to the point of wanting to throw up and want to faint. I've just started going back to the gym this past week and I've had a very scary health effect possibly from these pills. It feels as if I've been having arrhythmia's or palpitations, I have not gone to the doctor cause it's sunday and this started friday night. I'm not sure if it's just cause I'm a teenager like my parents say, but I can feel my heart pause for a second sometime a two or three times in a row. Hypertension is in my family but when I'm working out my pulse gets up to 180! So I'm slowly getting myself off these things. So if you want to lose weight go ahead, but don't use these as a long term thing, unless you sit on a chair or in your bed, (which is what I've done all winter) they work without any side effects. So there are ups and downs to these pills. If anyone takes them best of luck to you!
I don't think that side effects affect everyone. SlimQuick is just on of those products you have to try and see how it works for you. I have been taking it for a month and a week. I am following Weight Watchers diet plan and exercising 3-5 days a week for 30-45mins (depending on the time  I have). I have lost 22lbs so far. I had taken SlimQuick a few years back before my second child and was impressed that It did not give me the jitters or cramps that I had experienced in other weight loss supplements. As with any of these supplements, there are no "EASY" way to shed the pounds. It requires time and work. I encourage anyone who has trouble controlling their appetite to try SlimQuick.  It really does do the trick, however, if you are feeling any of the negative side effects.....STOP Immediately! Good Luck
I have been taking the slim quick for 2 days now and I feel fine. Yesterday was my first day and I had to really force myself to eat. I took the one pill in the morning and one pill 6 hours later. I had great energy and my appetite was curved surprisingly almost the whole day.  I did eat dinner...but felt I could have skipped it.  I walk 3 to 4 times a week, and I am watching my calorie intake, and I am drinking lots of water.  I have not experienced any chest pains at all......but I drink coffee everyday....2 to 3 cups. Since I started taking the pills, I have been drinking decaf coffee to avoid the extra caffeine.  I think if you do not drink coffee......I would not recommend these pills, because after a few hours after taking them, I felt no desire really for my daily cup of coffee. Best to all that try them, like I said this is just day 2, and I did loose 1 pound since I weighed my self yesterday.
i took them and now idk if im prego or if it was the stupid pills ive missed me period a week now and i only had spotting the prego test came out negative but i still have the puke feeling so idk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I FEEL THE SAME WAY I ALREADY TOOK 3 PREGNANCY TEST AND THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE !!! YAY!!!! BUT IDK IF THE SLIMQUICK DID IT ??? PLS HELP  HELP
WELL I THOUGHT I WAS PREGO !! CUZ I HAVENT HAD MY PERIOD YET ! BUT I STARTED TAKING SLIMQUICK SO IDK IF THE COULD BE THE REASON WHY ?? ? ALL THE PREGNANCY TEST SAY NEGATIBE IM SOOOOOO CONFUSEEDDDD!!!
SLIMQUICK does not work! I advise everyone not to take it. it has given me extreme cramps like I never had before I have only been on it for a week and I feel like. I have even considered going to the doctors I have not lost any weight and have been miserable
I just took SlimQuick for the last two weeks....I have NEVER had so much stomach pain in my life....thought it was because of what I was eating, but eat very healthy and exercise 5 or so times a week....don't take it....i have also experinced some insomnia as well not sure if it is related but the headaches have been pretty bad as well...wished it worked but it is not worth all the pain...stopped taking it
A change in your cycle is normal for woman when you are dieting and exercising. It is not necessarily the pills. You are changing your body and that changes your cycle. Good luck