Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Taking Lipotropics Injections and it's not working..HELP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Taking Lipotropics Injections and it's not working..HELP

I started getting Lipotropics B12 injections for weight loss back in June 2010. I was getting one injection twice a week. On the day I started I weighed 157lbs. (I’m 5’-5”). I went today for my weekly injection and am weighing 155lbs. I keep fluctuating between 157lbs. and 151lbs since June.  I only get the injection once a week now because obviously I'm not getting anywhere but I do not want to completely stop in fear that maybe it’s doing just enough to hold my weight where it is. Nevertheless I am so confused and discouraged because EVERYONE I personally know including the doctor who’s giving them to me have ALL lost weight. It took them approx. 3 to 4 short months to lose between 20 – 40 lbs.  It’s not working for me and I do not know why. I eat VERY healthy and I exercise too. I don’t have a full blown workout routine but I’m not a couch potato either.  Btw the others who have lost the weight didn’t do a whole lot of exercising I think to myself over and over, what could it be??? I’ve recently had this thought. I have been taking  Xanax  for panic disorder for the past  10 yrs. I take .25 twice a day.  I know that Xanax is metabolized in the liver and these injections work on the liver. So is my current or long term use of xanax inhibiting the injections from working properly? Or could it be something else??? My doctor, based on some symptoms I have ,thinks I might have subclinical hypothyroidism but I’m not convinced. Someone with knowledge in this area or personal experience please help. I am SOOO desperate.   Thank you.