Takkng meds to lower cholesterol

I am currently taking medicine to lower my cholesterol ( Simavistat I think is called), I heard that for any one taking medication to lower the cholesterol you do not supposed to take anything that may contain grape fruit.

If any one has information please reply back to ***@****

Thanks.
Hi!
Yes, grapefruit inhibits enzymes cytochrome P-450 and P-glycoprotein which are responsible for metabolism of statins. Thus if taken around the time you take statins, the grape fruit can result in accumulation of statins as they don’t get metabolized. Hence, doctors advise you to avoid eating grapefruit on a daily basis. Eating small amounts once or twice a week should not be harmful. Also, you must keep a gap of at least 8-12 hours between your statin dose and the time you eat grapefruit. Please consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.