Thanksgiving-Christmas HCG Diet
Hi!

Is anyone starting the HCG diet on Black Friday? I will be doing it 4 weeks thanksgiving to christmas? Do you want to start a support group?
hi im not doing the hcg diet but i will be taking hcg to get my test levels back to normal I start in about 4 wks lol but I would still be intrested in ur support group never been in any kind of group how does it work?
Hello! Count me in! I am starting my HCG Thanksgiving as well. What better time to have a "gorge" partaaaay! There is another member on here Maggie who is getting ready to start next week also if she gets her prescription in time. How much weight are you wanting to lose? I hope to lose 20 pounds.
well sorry to inform im only taking hcg to get my testosterone levels back to normal but I do know alot about all this kind of stuff and workout and nutrition and I like to talk to ppl about it all and learn or try and help so im here :) im getting my mom to probally start a cycle of hcg hopefully she will start by dec shes still need some convincing but ya if its not to much to ask if u could mail me the 500k diet you are supposed to follow pls thanks

p.s
I read Maggie's other post and probally yours if they were in the other forum.And yes i cant wait till thanksgiving yum!!:)
I want to lose 40 but Im going to start with the 4 week program because im not sure if i could stay on it for christmas:) Where you getting your HCG?

Im so exited we are starting at the same time!!!!
Welcome to the board. I am a newbie myself. Yes, I can't wait for Thanksgiving! I am cooking for around 30 people so it's going to be crazy at my house!! I've been baking for 2 weekends! I have Hashimoto's and I have gained 20 pounds since January. I've never really been over weight but I want to nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand. No matter what I do, I cannot lose weight. I am hopeful that this works!
Here is the diet per Dr. Simeons:

Breakfast:
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:
1.    100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.

2.    One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

3.    One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.

4.    An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner :
The same four choices as lunch (above.)

skinnyfor08-
I ordered my hcg from drugdelivery.ca and it only took 7 business days to get it. I paid extra for the quicker shipping but I was really surprised at how fast I got it. I plan on taking my measurements before hand and keeping a journal. I am really excited. No joke, it has taken me 3 months, to lose 3 stinkin' pounds. I started at a 1200 calorie diet and dropped down to a 900 and work out (kickboxing class) 3 times a week (for an hour) and sweat my BUTT and yet I still managed to gain weight!!! I really don't eat meat so I wonder if this is my problem. I will eat chicken when I do this diet but not real happy about it. I just don't like meat.
hey thanks for the diet my mom isnt to thrilled about it im not sure if shes gonna do it but anyway i need to get my test levels back to normal so i need to take it but its not for weight loss. But on to bigger and better things remember even if you have a low diet consisting of only 900 cal what kind of food you are puttin in your mouth cuz i can eat 6 snicker bars and have only eaten 600 or 700 cals lol that was just an example of course not saying thats what  you are doing but just reminding be careful what foods you have been choosing and also after your 4wks when you go back to regualr diet you have to keep working out and eating good otherwise time money and effort will be thrown down the drain :( if u have any questions on anything at all ask me i will be glad to help any of you out good luck and keep writting on this forum i want to see how you guys do :)
chris2989, is your mom needing to lose some weight, is that why you want her to try the hcg? Well here was the diet I've been on. I was drinking a slim fast drink for breakfast, apple for a snack, slim fast bar for lunch, and then for dinner 1 boneless, skinless piece of chicken grilled with 1 cup of veggies (no butter or anything) and a half a cup of brown wild rice every other day. That's it. No snacking, no pop, no candy, no booze, no oils, and the only starch I was getting was the rice every other day. That's it. And still can't lose weight.
well my mom doesnt need to lose much 15 20lbs at the most shes just always complaning that she needs to lose some weight and since im the Little nutritionist around here shes always asking me to help her.Anyway umm wow i would die on that diet lol i eat every 2hr. Make sure you arent starving yourself its the worest you can do once you lose the weight when you go back to regular eating habits it will all come back maybe even more.Do you have any kind of workout plan you should take up some classes or walking 3 to 4 times a wk if you could fit that in there.Also your body when you are just sitting doing nothing you body well burn fat calories once you start doing an activity or yourbody needs more fuel it will burn carb calories and if theres not enough in the diet it will burn muscle :( not a good thing i kno you are just trying to lose weight and not become a bodybuilder but you might want to have some kind of muscle lol.What i always tell my gym buddies dont worry about the scale for results the scale wont tell you if you lost inches off your waist the scale wont tell you if you lost some fat and turned it into muscle making you weigh more the scale is just what you weigh thats it.Im going for the bodybuilder look ive recently got back into the whole workout thing been hitting the gym hard for 5 months now and eating like an animal ive gained 5 or 6 lbs since i started worries me not one bit im more toned and got more muscle than ever before.Since your gonna be doing the HCG your gonna want to weigh your self more often to see your progress Honestly i would weigh myself once a wk thats it
Also i kno on the HCG diet its only 500 cal make sure your body is getting all the minerals and vitamins it needs might want to think about going to a local nutrition shop maybe get yourself some kind of multi womens vitamin if you havent already :)
Oh dear! My husband is trying to convince me to wait until after the holidays to start. He is totally supportive but thinks it would be wise (and easier) to start after the holiday season. Any thoughts? Anyone?
which holiday thanksgiving or christmas
He's thinking it would be best to begin after Christmas. Ya know why? Because I really don't want to have to explain to family why I'm not indulging and after Christmas no one will be asking. I'm a little disappointed but in the long run, I really don't want to fail at this and...am I just making excuses?!!
well I do see your husbands point of view on it but I dont see why you cant just explain to ppl that your are trying to cut back and lose some weight I think it might be better family might be able to help you and encourage you to keep up the good work and you dont need to let them know you are using hcg.Also just give yourself a lil bit of freedom on the 24th if you come to think of it thats when the biggest party is and you eat the most atleast thats how most familys ive come across are I think you should start tomm (nov18).Well thats my opinion I think you will be fine if you start now come on y would you wait another month or so just because of 3 days thanksgiving the 24th and christmas please u can do it just dont go super crazy stuffing your face in every meal or drink till you drop keep your plates semi full and liqour intake relatively low you can do it. Btw this is just my point of view wouldnt want to you to get into an argument with your husband over it lol but i think if u explain it the way I have he should be understanding about it and help you get through it :)
Ya know what? You're right. Its for my health, afterall! I go back to my doctor in January and if I don't have this weight off, my blood pressure won't have come down and he'll put me back on the meds. Which I REALLY don't want! Now thats something my family can understand.
Now, I just have to pray that my RX comes in time for Thanksgiving to e one of my binge days.
Thanks, Chris!
hey anyday im here to just try and help any of you that need some extra help :) btw whats the RX ?
RX=prescription. Prescription = HCG injections.
oh no wonder i didnt know what it meant lol i get everything without prescription so are you planning on starting b4 the new yr
I'm hoping to start using Thanksgiving as my first binge day. The clinic is moving at breakneck speed to get everything processed. I wasn't aware you could get HCG w/o a prescription. Didn't you have to get bloodwork done or anything? I used HCG Medical Clinic in Oklahoma. I went to a lab here and they faxed the results to Oklahoma. The clinic doctor will then submit my RX to a pharmacy here for me to pick up. I found them as a recommended clinic in KT's book.
Are you already on the protocol or getting ready to begin?
well u cant unless you know some1 that sells it lol and umm no im not taking hcg I just know alot about diff losing weight options and like learning more and more so I took up hcg as my next target.And I hope you get to start before thanksgiving you seem really excitied thats good :)
Well...........is everyone ready to start?? I'm excited. Took my measurements last night. Made myself a journal and will "try" to mix my hcg tonight. I hope I have the directions right in my head and don't mess it up, it's kinda confusing.

Good luck everyone and have a great Thanksgiving!
I have not received my hcg yet. Also, I'll be taking a urine test soon for a new job offer and I'm wondering if the hcg will show up as a pregnancy? Anybody know?
mixing it is easy if u have any question that u dont understand ask me.And maggie the urine test you are taking is a drug test right ? it should show up
Hello Chris, I do have a mixing question. I'm not sure why I keep finding this so difficult to understand. I bought the vial of 5000 I.U and want to do the 175. How do I mix that properly? I've read other people's mixing instructions and for some reason I just am not getting it.........

Hi & Happy Thanksgiving to every 1.  I'm starting tomorrow.  My 1st gorge day.  Will mix my shot 1st thing tomorrow morning.   Hope it goes well & I'm not too nervous.  Let it begin!!!  Good luck to everyone who's starting their binge tomorrow.  Enjoy your dinner, and then some!
sorry i meant it should show up lol oppsss
ahhh i keep messing up lol it should not show up hcg sorry for the confusion
Well,
Well, I'm not going to take the chance. The clinic says it could show up as a pregnancy and this job is too important to miss out on. The point may be moot anyway, as my RX won't arrive until Tuesday. So, I'm not going to be able to start right away as it is. I'll be watching y'all here on this forum and rooting for you!
Good morning everyone. Happy Thanksgiving. I took my first shot this morning. Wow, that was a little tough. I have an unnatural aversion to needles, but once I finally jabbed it in, I was amazed that I didn't even feel it. Thank goodness. Anyway, I thought today would be a good day to start since it is the perfect loading day. Plus leftovers will get me through Saturday. Sunday morning I plan on dragging the trashcan over to the fridge and getting rid of anything that made it through the 3-day feeding frenzy.   Next week the adventure really begins.  :)
Congrats Ericta on your first day! I was going to do it today but I was afraid of the headache ruining my holiday so I will be starting tomorow.

Im exited we will only be 1 day a art. what are your stats? how many weeks...how much do you want to lose?

i want to lose 50lb but Im starting with the 4 week so I can have christmas off
happy thanksgiving to all !!!!!!! hope you all have a wonderful day and for who ever started today goodluck :) oh and for the jabbing of the needle if you look closely to it put the longer side of the actually needle facing down it may help a lil going through the skin less painful and faster :)
Thanks for the advice Chris. Now if I can just figure out how to keep from bruising. If not, I'm going to look like a mugging victim before I get through the month.  :)
where are u injecting? you should be getting any bruising
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I did my first injection today and am so happy to hear that others had that idea too.  I have been reading your posts for several weeks.  I ordered from dd on November 4th and hoped it would arrive in time to start today.  I received my order on Tuesday -- it's like it was just meant to be!!  The injection was no problem but I found mixing to be difficult.  I guess it just takes practice to get it right.  I want to lose somewhere between 85 and 100 pounds and am doing 150iu SQ daily.  
the first day I my injection I had a huge bruise...after that I figured out that if you pull the needle out slowly and when it out IMMEDIATLY apply pressure so it doesn't bleed, if you get that first big drop of blood it'll leave a bruise, no blood no bruise. I use the alcohol swab, it seems to work better then just a cotton swab.  Hope this helps.  Better luck tomorrow
I did the first shot in the upper leg yesterday and the second shot this morning in shoulder. Both times I pulled out quickly and got the drop of blood. I'll try it more slowly with the next one and and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice.  :)

And boy, do I have mixed feelings about load days. On the one hand, I love them. I'm eating everything I can find, mainly trying to use it up before I have to throw it away. But part of me feels really guilty. I keep hearing a little voice saying "a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips." Fortunately I'm able to tell the little voice to shut up as I make another bag of microwave popcorn. I've gotten good at telling the little voice to shut up over the years, which is probably why I'm now doing shots to help me lose weight.  :)

I have a feeling I'm going to miss the carefree eat-whatever-you-want load days when my feeding frenzy comes to a screeching halt on day four. Nevertheless, I am determined to do it and stick with the eating plan. I have three different trips coming up over the next seven months and nothing motivates me more than vanity. My goal is to lose 75 pounds during that time, but honestly if I could just get to the point where I feel comfortable tucking my shirt in again, I will consider this whole adventure a success.
Well I started my shots yesterday evening. I thought I better wait until all my company was gone just incase I got a headache and boy I'm glad I did cause I went to bed with a horrible migraine. Ended up having to get up at 3am and take my migraine meds. I hope THAT doesn't continue and was just a fluke.

Ate lots of good foods yesterday but didn't over due it just because I didn't want to feel overly stuffed and sick to my stomach. I did gain 1.5 pounds which isn't bad, I was afraid it was going to be off the charts. I am doing the 175iu SQ daily and want to lose 20 pounds. Poked the shot right in no problem and if I hadn't been looking at it I would have never thought I was even giving myself a shot at all. No pain, no bleeding and no brusing so all went well.

erictpa, I thought the load days were only 2 days and not 3? Am I wrong? I thought the 3rd day you started the VLCD?

How much weight did everyone else gain? Anyone else have a headache/migraine?
Make sure you apply pressure don't wait for the drop of blood, you're skin might just be more sensitive then other, but the pressure is what stopped the bruising for me. Yesterday was my first shot, and I finally had to take an aspirin + nap to get rid of my headache, I drank tons of water last night after I woke up and after I took the shot today, so I'm hoping more water will help to not get any more of those terrible headaches.  I started this once before but my life was so hectic I wasn't doing very well on the eating so I'm starting over.  I have a big trip for a month to the caribbean over winter break and I don't like the idea of myself on the beach so I'm hoping to loose 20lbs in the next month...It's a vanity motivation for me too....  
Good luck to everyone today!!!
I'm curious as to why you thought you might get a migraine from the shot?  I did my first load day yesterday...no headache, felt fine...ate until I could eat NO MORE.  I actually lost two tenths of a pound.    
I didn't get a headache either. Today is day two and everything went fine. No pain and no gain, oddly enough. I ate a lot yesterday and today and weigh exactly the same as on Wednesday. I guess thats good. And I am doing the NHW plan, at least for the first month. Their instructions are for 3 load days, but I have heard everything from 2-5. I will start the VLCD on Sunday.
I want to lose a total of 75 pounds by next summer, but am giving myself a 20 pound goal for Xmas.
Just because headaches are a side effect of the hcg and if I let my headaches go they seem to go into a migraine. Sure enough I had one but I can't say for sure if it was the hcg or just the stress from cooking for 30 people or what. But since I took my meds, I feel ok today (knock on wood) I have felt fine. Wow, I can't believe you ate and didn't gain any weight! Lucky dog! lol Feels kind of strange eating until I am about to puke and it's OK! I'm ready to start the VLCD diet tomorrow, ready for the weight loss to kick in.

I haven't started my water consumption yet. That was one thing I was wondering about. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen during the load days or wait until the calories dropped but I've started drinking water today. Maybe as upinak said, it will help with the headaches. I hope!

Where are you going? My sister and I have planned a trip to St. John's in May and that's kinda my motivation as well! lol
I started yesterday too! I was preparing for the headache but never got it! I am so exited!!!
Is anyone not hungry? It musy be in my head because I have not been in the mood to gorge. weird. I plan to go out to dinner every night until monday when I start my vlcd.

Like most of you I have been following these boards for a while and read alot of different theories on who/why some people lose more weight then others. Want to do a survey and track it?
some of the reasons i heard......

amount to lose
BC pills
if you have had a child
where you ordered hcg from

I will start...
50 lbs to lose
1 baby
on Birth Control
ordered from NHW

I really wasn't hungry either but I ate fudge, noodles, stuffing,  mashed potatoes, pies, cakes you name it, I ate it! I start my vlcd today and over my load days gained 1.5 pounds. I'm glad it wasn't more then that because I was kinda worried about the gain. I can say I have been (not to sound gross) peeing ALOT. I usually drink plenty of water, but I've been going way more then I did before. In fact I had to get up 3 times during the night to go, and I never, ever had to get up before. Anyone else seem to be going more?

skinnyfor08- to answer some of your questions I'd like to lose 20 ( or 25) pounds. Not on BC pills, had a hysterectomy 2 years ago and I have a 20 year old son. I ordered my hcg from drugdelivery.ca
I was on a thyroid med, Synthroid but I took myself off of it a couple months ago. The only other meds I am on are a migraine medicine called Relpax. Hopefully I don't have to take it much. I did have to take one the first night due to a massive migraine, but so far..........no more headaches! Yah!!!!!

Good luck everyone. Hopefully we can follow and post our weight loss as it happens. I am SOOO excited!
i have been reading these forums like most of you. i am so excited that i am not the only one that started on thanksgiving!  I did not feel like eating on the load days.  i dont think i ate enough thursday.  Made up for it on friday, ate to capacity and had 2 margaritas.  hope that was not a no-no.  Today is my first day on the VLCD.  i think mentally i feel a bit hungry.  Maybe will be better after lunch.  i am keeping a journal and took my measurements.  

need to lose 70 lbs
have an IUD that releases a hormone
one child
got hcg from a weight loss doctor who will see me once a week.  

I have a silly question.  how much of the one vegetable are we allowed to eat.  i would hate to go over 500 calories.

i just injected my shot in the fatty part of my stomache. It hurt so bad i almost pulled it out. Now 10 minutes later i still feel it. Did I do somthing wrong?
Well I weighed this morning and I'm up three pounds for load days. Ack! I think I'll take it a little easier today since it is my last load day. I have zero appetite and am having to make myself eat. I'm actually looking forward to the VLCD. Of course I may be singing a different tune a week from now.  :)

skinnyfor08 - Mine hurt a little when I tried to push the stuff in too fast. Slow but steady works better for me. And the one in my leg stung a bit but the ones in my arms don't.

Here is my info:
amount to lose - 75 pounds by June '08 (20 lbs by Xmas)
BC pills - um, no
if you have had a child - nope
where you ordered hcg from - NHW
What size needle are you using? Did you let it warm up a bit before you gave yourself the shot?
yes i did let it sit out for 2 hours. Not sure what size needle. They are preloaded from NHW
Hello, I'm new to this group...my name is Nicky!  I used Thanksgiving as my load days also, and today(Sat.) I am starting the vlcd.  Good luck to everyone!  
If you need RECIPES go to this website, hcgrecipes.blogspot.com.  Some great tasting recipes!  I made some for my husband and he didn't even know they were low cal.
Hum. Mine are 28 gauge for insulin and I give mine SQ. Are you giving your shots IM? That might be why they hurt more. Today I did have an "incident" while giving myself a shot, for some reason the plunger midway wouldn't go down any further, like it was plugged or something but I finally got it to move and finished my shot but then a lot of liquid leaked out of my hole. Not sure what I did wrong.

Welcome Nicky! Thanks for the recipe website. I was pre-measuring my food today and it sure doesn't appear to be much food! But I've not been real hungry either so that's good. Is your husband on the hcg also?

Is everyone drinking the one gallon of water? I'm finding this harder to do then the 500 calories.........I feel like my eyes are floating.......
Sorry just re-read and saw where you were giving the shots into your stomach.........
I'm starting in Belize and heading south along the coast.   It's cold and dark up here and I can't wait to get my tan back and be in the water every day :>  The beach is defiantly a good motivation!!  
Today is my first vlcd and when I woke up I had lost 3lbs, I started at 169.  I'm pretty excited I lost weight on my load days. Couldn't bring myself to weigh yesterday because I didn't want to see the scale back in the 70's.  
I work nights on weekends so my schedule gets kind of screwed up, I'm doing my injections when I get home in the morning between 8-11am, during the week it's after I wake up and on weekends it's before I go to bed. I hope my screwed up sleeping doesn't affect my chances.   Any thoughts???

All the water is hard to do but I think it really helps be feel better the more I drink, even though I have to make more trips to the bathroom :> lol

Info:
Need to loose 20-30 lbs, but will be happy with 20 before xmas
Have a non-hormone IUD
No children
Ordered hcg from drugdelivery
I thought you wern't suppose to let it sit out so long because it looses it's potency???  Most things I've read are people are letting it sit out to warm up for 10-30 min, just a thought....
I'm in AK also.  I was wondering where you got your injection supplies.
Hello everyone.  Ok. yesterday was my first VLCD. kind of difficult. my stomach growled most of the day and i was edgy. i stuck with it, but it was hard.  drank lots of organic tea and water.  woke up this morning. not sure if hunger or thirst. hopefully the hcg shot will help. i am down 3 lbs. although that was the 3lbs i gained from the second load day.  i probably should look at it differently. i am hoping for 30lbs by Christmas and hot mama by April.
btw i have never let the shot warm up, but it does not burn.  my doctor gave me the same needles used for insulin shots. the needle is super thin. he pre-loaded them with 150iu.
WOW..........woke up this morning (1st day after I started the vlcd) and I've lost 3 pounds! That seems to be what we all lost!! I think we all need a pat on the back! I was pretty much hungry and edgy yesterday myself but I got past it and I am actually looking forward to going back to work rather then sitting around the house. Hopefully I'll be busy and won't think about food. Right now I would kill for a Starbucks! lol

I don't let my shots warm up. And they don't burn going in. My needles are also insulin needles and very, very teeny.

I was up about 5 times during the night peeing. I'm thinking I might cut back on the water I don't know. I have to have my sleep. Or maybe I just won't drink it after 7pm or something??
Well, today is my first day on VLCD and so far so good. No appetite at all and I enjoyed a quart of lemony water and a cup of hot tea for breakfast. But now comes the hard part. I have to meet friends for brunch at 11am and then its off to the movies at 3pm. And if that's not enough, after the movie everyone wants to stop off at the sports bar for a bite and a few brews. Egad, this is going to be rough. Talk about trial by fire.

I plan on eating an apple just before heading to brunch and then claiming I just ate but wanted to come anyway to see my friends. Then I will have my VLCD lunch before heading to the movies and pack a little something to snack on before hitting the bar. I feel like an undercover spy or something. Maybe if I make a game out of it I won't think about what I'm having to do. I really don't want to discuss my diet to my friends even though most of them could use one too.

I sure hope tomorrow is a little more normal. And I hate not having a shot on Sundays. I get mine from NHW and they come premixed with vitamin B. That always gives me a little boost.  :)

Wish me luck everyone. I'm about to dive headfirst into mysterious world of undercover dieting.
Good luck! I have faith that you can make it through this day and still stick to your diet. Sounds like you have it all planned out!
Hi everyone!  Congrats to all the losers!  I started my load days on Thanksgiving, too.  Thurs & Fri ate all I could. gained a pound a day.  No headaches or problems of any kind.  Gave myself shot-125 IU, SubQ in the stomach.  Have just been alternating sides.  My first shot went really well.  Couldn't feel anything.  Actually thought I might have done something wrong, it was so easy.  Forgot to check if the bevel side of needle was up, but it went ok so why worry, right?  Sat. started VLCD.  Felt a little shaky, nothing serious, but not hungry.  Drank sooooo much water & teas I thought I'd explode.  Had to pee so often it became a nuisance.  But it's really good to know all those toxins and fats are being flushed out.  Read somewhere that it (peeing) tapers off in a few days.

So considering all the peeing and Sat's VLCD- (drumroll, please-here it comes!!!-I lost 5 lbs !!! yeeehhaaaawww!.

upinAK: I read in Simeon's manuscript that the shots should be as close to every 24 hours as possible.  

Went to a family birthday party last night.  Had my water bottle and told everyone I was trying to put out the fire from a bad case of heartburn, from eating all that stuff over Thanksgiving.  Worked like a charm & no one tried to force feed me dinner (meatloaf & baked potato) or birthday cake (choc w/ peanut butter icing).  The social aspect of not eating is the hardest for me.  

Well-wrote alot.  One ? About the amount of veggies, too.  Had a bag of organic baby spinach. Total calories about 40.  Are we to eat the whole bag at a meal?  I just don't know how to portion the vegs.

Good heavens, y'all need some information!  If you JAB the needle, you will bruise, and it will hurt.  If you push the medicine in quickly it will HURT and it will BRUISE.  Pinch up your tummy and SLOWLY push the needle in, then slowly press the medicine in.  The only time I bruised, I did it too fast.

DO NOT let HCG sit out for 2 hours!!!  It will lose its potency - that's why it's kept refrigerated.  I hold mine in my hand with fingers around it from the refrig to the bathroom, until it's just room temp, then use it.  PLEASE dispose of your needles properly in a secure container.  Blood borne pathogens and all that.

Why aren't y'all doing this with a doctor?  I go to a clinic and weigh in once a month.  We don't do VLCD, don't do the gorging thing (good heavens I had already gorged enough!) and the injections are twice a week.  Very carefully explained and instructed.  I know there are different plans, but you don't have to do the Simeons protocol for this to work.  I can feel the fat melting away from my body.

Good luck, but be smart about it?!  I wouldn't dare mix this stuff myself.  Oh- the HCG *might* show up in a drug screen, but I don't think so, because it's not one of the things they test for.  And it won't show up as "pregnant" unless they do a pregnancy test.
Oh yeah, I forgot.  Headaches are NOT a side effect of HCG.  I don't think there are any when used this way except for weight loss and fat burning.  I did have some "flushes" right at first, but that's gone now.  I've been on it 2.5 months.  Lost 17.6 pounds after 2 months.  VERY happy.
hi
I started two weeks ago first week i lost 13lbs and 2nd week i lost 7lbs w/ some thanksgiving cheating im back and on 500cal again and feel great w/ exercise i take my injections premixed w/b12 daily except for sunday i see my doc once a week for weigh in and more premixed needles i also take the shot in the fatty tissue of the buttocks i would love to discuss and questions or be support to anyone that would love to share the experience. good luck guys.
Erictpa, how was the social test??  I think that is the hardest part for me, between my mother and her sugar addiction, and my boyfriend wanting to cook pasta, rice and potatoes. Pasta and brownies are my biggest weakness.

Carol: Headaches are not a side effect BUT for those of us that have migraines and get headaches easily taking anything out of the ordinary can trigger headaches, which leads to migraines.  Congratulations on you're weight lost, you must feel great to be down almost 20#s, but we are here to support each other, please don't tell us we don't know anything, and that we are doing it wrong.

Everyone else CONGRADUALATIONS on your losses, that is so great, keep it up!!  :>
Yeah I'm not the only one up here in the dark!!  :>     androusa(dot)com  Is where I got my bac water, syringes, and vials.... any have any problems with hcg or supplies being shipped up here.  And I got the HCG from the Turkey @ www(dot)drugdelivery(dot)ca     Hope this helps :>  
I figured out the veggie thing.  you actually have to count your calories to make sure they add up to 500.  how much you have depends on your meat and fruit choices.  I figured out the following:

100g of chicken-appx 120 calories
100g of beef/steak- appx 249 calories
100g of shrimp- appx 97 calories
1/2 c of spinach-appx 30 cals
1 tomato-appx 18 cals
1 med onion- appx 46 calories
1 lettuce leaf- appx 2 cals

i not a big veggie fan so i am limited. i went to thecaloriecounter(dot) com for the cals.  i hope this helps everyone
has anyone had to travel via airplane yet? i may have a trip coming up and i don't know how this works with the airlines.  i have a lunch cooler and can put the shots on ice.  are there any issues with security?  

also much to my dismay, i have a 2-day conference in which i will be in a hotel.  trying to decide whether to bring food on ice (and keep it iced) or wing it.  has anyone been through this?
I'm confused about how long hcg can sit out of the frige.  I thought Dr. S said that it stayed good for several days at room temperature once mixed but if it was to be stored longer than that it should be refrigerated.  So I was filing my syringe before I went to bed and taking the shot first thing in the morning.  Trying not to let anyone in my household know about this yet.  Do you think it makes any difference if you give the shots at night or in the morning?  As long as it is every 24 hours.  I thought if I did it at night, I might have issues with hunger during the day.  The mornings are SO hectic here that night shots would sure work better.   It really helps to hear that it really doesn't have to warm up first!!  That was a morning "deal breaker" for me.  I tried to start VLCD on Saturday but I was starving and couldn't do it.  I did not stick to the program on Saturday but didn't eat like a load day either.  So today (Sunday) was my first 500 Calorie day and I did fine.  
Hey everyone!
I'm new and I would like some info on this method I want to order HCG and I want to follow the 500 cal/day. I want to loose 80 lbs in total.. I'm probably gonna order from dd  but I don't know which package I should order...I would like to do 2 sessions with the 3/week pause in between and see how I do! Anyone know about the measurments? I'm not really good at figuring them out I know it's not rocket science but still I'd like to order them before the end of next week!! I would also like to congratulate all the loosers!!!!
Well I survived my first day of VLCD with a brunch, movie, and bar visit thrown in. First, I ate an apple before going to the brunch. Then when I got there, I saw they had a simple Cobb salad with grilled chicken. I asked for just the lettuce, tomato, and chicken without spice (said I had a little heartburn) on the chicken. It was perfect. I even got the dressing on the side and didn't eat it. Used a lemon wedge and pepper instead. At the movie I got a bottle of water when the others were getting soda, and at the bar I was able to order a plain chicken sandwich with nothing at all on it, with a side of cauliflower. I just ate the chicken and the veg.  :)

I also drank over a gallon of water yesterday. Wow, I have never peed so much in my life. But it was all worth it! With eager anticipation I got up this morning and headed for the scale. And I was thrilled to see I had lost 7 pounds. Now, I'm smart enough to know that is mostly water weight, but I was gleefully happy non-the-less. I kept getting on and off the scale just to make sure.

I even noticed when I went downstairs this morning that my ankles and knees didn't hurt. I guess I've been swollen for quite some time. I can't wait to drop the rest of my weight. I already figured out that I have almost thirty shirts that I haven't worn in ages because I can't tuck them in (vanity). My wardrobe is going to quadruple in just a few more pounds.

One last thing and I'll shut up. I figured out what my headaches are. They are due to caffeine withdrawal. I've gone through this before and it takes about three days to get through it. Aspirin is my new best friend.
Wow, sounds like everyone is doing a great job following the diet and losing weight. I woke up this morning (second day on the vlcd) and I've lost a total of 6 pounds. I can't believe how well this works when nothing else I've tried has. And yes, I've been pushing the gallon of water and peeing like crazy but I just try to look at it like all the fat is being flushed out of me! I've been off work since last Wednesday and today is my first day back so hopefully I don't wear a path out to the bathroom. My pants even feel looser today! Wahooooo!!!!!!   :-)
Great job!!!  I'm still on my hectic weekend schedule and didn't have a scale this morning before going to the pool, won't have a scale until later this afternoon so not sure if I want to weigh myself then or not :< I guess I'll weigh tomorrow and hope to be suprised.  Have a great day, because ya'll are doing wonderful!!
Girl...........you gotta get a scale!!! I bet you will be shocked at your weight loss when you get on them! I'm missing mine here at work. Guess I'll have to bring a set in here too. I can see someone walking into the bathroom while I'm stripped down naked (cause you know you have to take off the shoes, rings, earrings, hairclips, pee once more..........all that added stuff) LOL
Did my 5th inj this AM...1st time it really hurt.  Don't know that I did anything different, but had a little bruised lump there on my belly afterwards.  The lump went away but it's a little black & blue and sore.  It's ok. Down 3 more lbs for a total of 8.  

Taynic:thanks for the veggie list.  It all helps planning the meals alot!  Is the beef @ 249 cal a typo error?  Seems like alot!  That's 1/2 the days cal for 1 item.  

My boss said I looked different this morning.  No physical change yet, but he thinks I look happier, more glowing!!!  I am.  I love this diet.  I don't mind 500 cal limit, when you get such satisfying results.

100 shots:  I remember reading HCG will keep a few days at room temp in Dr S's manuscript too.  I don't think it matters when you give take the shot, as much as trying to keep it at 24 hour intervals.  Once your system is saturated with the HCG it should all be the same as far as appetite control, etc.  If it's working ok for you, than that's what I'd do, too.

All:  I read somewhere that headaches can be from detoxing-which is what we're going through as the fat burns off and releases toxins.  Keep drinking that water and teas.  It helps detoxify.

Wannabe:  How much HCG do you want per inj?  125-200 IU's is the standard amount.  I'm doing 125 and got 6 ampoules of 1500 to start with.  I want to lose 40 + pounds.  This should be enough for 1 round of 45 days. So I'd suggest you order 2x as much to lose 80 lbs.  Hope this helps you.  If I'm wrong or someone has an easier way to explain it please DO!!  
lol, that's to funny, only problem is you can gain weight during the day so it might be a disappointment or let down if you keep getting on a scale all day long....just a thought, you could experiment and let us know :>   I finally made it home and couldn't resist getting on the scale started @ 169 and as of this afternoon I'm down to 163, yeah, we're doing about the same :>

Patmdon; good luck with tomorrows injection and thanks for the detox thought

Sorry Taynic, not a clue about airlines, you could call/email TSA to ask.  If you have an RX it should be fine, but not sure if you do???
Patmdon !!WOW!! 8 pounds on your 5th inj that's awsome! Thanks for the reply I can't wait to order them this week! A friend of mine is also ordering them with me so I'll keep you guys posted as soon as we're ready to start...Now I just need a scale to weigh myself with the one I have is not very good..I wonder how accurate it has to be...Will any scale do or does it have to be precise? Your right about the headaches they can be from the detox...I did an 11-day detox about a month ago and the headaches just kept coming especially the first 3 days and I usually only get them like maybe once a year.
Morning of Day three on VLCD and I'm down another 3 pounds. Had a few cravings at work yesterday but I think it was psychological more than physical. Everyone in my office eats and typically brings enough for others. Not a day goes by without something being brought around; cookies, brownies, doughnuts, etc. But I said no thank you in a very polite way and drank more water.

Had a little energy loss at the gym last night, but managed to do 45 minutes on the Elyptical machine. According to the readout, I burned 650 calories, which is more than I consumed, so all was good. And hurray, my caffeine-withdrawal headache is gone this morning. Thank goodness.

As for weigh times, I always do it in the morning. I read somewhere that morning is best. Its also where I get the most privacy. I get up at 4am to do homework (I'm a non-traditional student - which means I'm over 40) and prefer to keep all this to myself.

Is anyone else keeping the shots from the rest of your household? I feel a little dishonest about not fessing up to it, but I know a lecture and copious amounts of head shaking would ensue, so I keep the shots hidden in the back of the refrigerator and sneak them to the bathroom each morning. Ack, this must be what a drug addict goes through.  :(
Well I am kinda disappointed this morning. I only lost a pound since yesterday.   :-(
I didn't change anything, drank all my water and stuck to my diet religiously so who knows. The only thing I did do was put some gel on my hair, so I didn't do that this morning.........we will see......

Erictpa- It's only my hubby and me at home and he knows about my shots and I can say he is NOT a happy camper about it but the way I see it, it's my life, my body and I'm the one struggling to lose this weight so I'm doing it against his wishes. This is the same man who went and got a vasectomy without my knowledge so.......if I chose to do this in order to lose 20 pounds so be it! lol

Patdmon- Went home from work with yet another migraine.........how long does this "detox" normally take?? I've was forced to take my migraine meds last night, and that might have something to do with me only losing a pound overnight, but really I don't have any other choice. Otherwise I'd be home in bed and have to miss work.

upinAK- Great job on the weight loss! I bet you were excited when you finally got to step on the scales!! Yea, I have decided just to weigh every morning, seems like when I hop on during the day the scales fluctuate so much that it's not accurate so why upset myself. I'm sure my coworkers will be relieved! lol

Does anyone know why we couldn't give ourself half the shot in the morning and the other half mid-day? Seems like I feel pretty good right after the shot but then around 3-4pm I am tired and starving. Maybe it's all in my head. Just wondered if it would change anything to space it out?
SheriBerry - I think you should be happy with the pound a day. Everything I read said that is what we should shoot for. I think I lost my initial 10 pounds so fast because I was retaining a lot of water. Before Sunday, I was a saltaholic, and I have a feeling that is the reason for my first big drop. But if I get to a pound a day and hold steady with that, I will be dancing in the streets by Christmas.  :)

As for splitting the shots, I have no idea. I think using a needle twice is probably a bad idea because of infections. And using twice as many needles and shots sounds a bit traumatic to me. the shots aren't my favorite thing in the world. Besides, my first 4 weeks of shots came pre-loaded so I would have to split the same shot. Ack!
Yeah I know..........I just got used to the 3 pounds a day! I guess as long as I am not gaining any weight (knock on wood) I should be a happy camper. Plus, not to give TMI I haven't had a bowel movement since last Wednesday and I am about to DIE!!!!!! I know we aren't supposed to take laxatives and can't bring myself to go buy an enema........I know I'm an artard! But if this keeps up, trust me I will go to Sam's club and buy a whole freaking case of them!

I was a saltaholic too and have tried to cut it out completely which is killing me more then anything. But I don't want to retain any water.

This is true on the shots. Its probably all just in my head anyway. I just feel great right after I get it then it feels like it slowly fads away during the day.

I was wondering if anyone else feels like the urinary output is tapering off? I know yesterday I didn't go as much as before. I know this is part of the process. Just wondering if we are all going through the same phases at the same time?
G'morning HCG family!  Hope you all slept well last night & woke w/ a nice loss this morning.  I weighed in and lost 2 lbs.  That's a total of 10 lbs for 3 days on VLCD.  I'm ecstatic!!!   Thanks for all the support.  Couldn't be doing this w/o you all.  When I 1st read KT's book I thought it seemed too much to tackle.  What with all the phases and and shots, etc.  I sincerely doubted my ability to lose weight anymore.  After so many failed attempts, I was in a sad state of mind and body.  But reading all you good people's posts and encouragement for the past month or more, being guided through the protocol and ordering, mixing,injecting process & all, I felt a glimmer of hope ignite in this old body.  I'm 55 yrs old and in the big menopause for 5 years now.  With your help I weaned myself off of antidepressants, started making healthy choices and am really losing weight!! (patmdon sheds tears of happiness).  It's like being given a 2nd chance at life!.  So if anyone is reading this and wondering if they should-I say-GO for it!  I'm glad I did.  

Better get to work, now.  Will post again later.  Just needed to express my gratitude.  Bless you all.
Good Morning!

Yesterday was my first VLCD and I woke today with a 3 pound loss! I am exited but I was hoping for 5! I recently gained 10 lbs back from a diet I did last month (some pills from China Town LOL) and I wos hoping the 10 lbs would come off fast because I just gained them.

day 1 VLCD -3lbs

Wha Whoo!

Great job! Seems like 3 pounds is the average that we all lost that first day! Maybe in a couple more days that 10 pounds will be gone, gone, gone!

China town? Yikes! Be careful lady!
OMG . My mom brought me this amazing tea....its no sugar etc but it is so sweet. The only thing is it has 3 calories....i dont know if its ok

Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Earth-Original-Blend-18-Count/dp/B000F70R9C

I am an older person with limited exercise due to health there are a lot of us out here who would like to lose weight but really dont know how to go about it i live in the country weight watchers is to far away and also could not afford it i do not beleive in taking any meds for weight loss i need to lose 25 pounds is there a forumn for senior weifgt loss i know one does better with a group it is hard to go it alone any one out there that can help also i do have a problem with sweets           any help will be appreciated          jo
Hello everyone. Ok....I am tempted to take a laxative tonight because I haven't gone since last Wednesday. I know we aren't supposed to, but does anyone know if this will stop or slow my weight loss? I hate to do anything to throw a kink into my loss............I am just miserable at this point........
Hey SheriBerry. I'm new here and am going tomorrow to see a weight loss doctor and to get started on the HCG. However...I feel for you and your constipation. Ouch. From what I've read you can have coffee/tea? Perhaps you could try a nice, strong cup of coffee to see if that will move things? If it works, it would be faster than a laxative.

I believe the program I'll be on will have me only receiving shots once a week. I'm very, very curious what kind of results I'll have compared to you guys giving yourself an injection every 24 hours. From what I understand my diet will be quite similar to what you all are on, but I'll also be on a prescription appetite suppressant, which I've taken in the past with good results. Anyway, I'll bookmark this site and check back in soon.

Best of luck to you and your number 2!!  :)

Cassie

Where did you get you HCG and how many IU are you using? Pls help start.
Thank you.
First of all welcome!!!! I've tried the coffee and a natural herbal tea called "smooth move" however at this point I believe only a stick of dynamite is going to help me out. lol

Well I will be curious to see if the shots once a week do any better or worse as well. Do you know how much you will be receiving each week? I am taking 175 iu daily. Well stay with us and keep a journal and let us know your results. We are all here to support one another! GOOD LUCK!
Smooth Move and coffee didn't help?? Well, ****. Or actually not...in your case.  lol   Seriously though. Ouch. I'm not sure an enema might be a more effective help at this point? Most laxatives take a while to work, don't they - like 6-12 hours or something? Bless your heart, you need some relief.

I go in the morning to the doc and will report in after that. I have no clue what the dose will be for the HCG. Up until 24 hours ago I had never even heard of the stuff, so I've been cramming and getting all the info I can. I'm very curious if my food protocol and such will be the same as you are doing.

Best of luck to you...and um....let us know when things finally move for you.  :)
Hello SheriBerry
I wish I could help you but Cassie73 gave you some of the options that I know.
If you want to use other options as Dulcolax will be good or senokot this one suppose to be natural.

I need to now if you really have to go to a Dr to get the HCG shots or you can buy it on the internet. Let me know, and if you can get it on the internet, pls can you give me the website, Thank you.
Quisqueya- I bought mine through drugdelivery.ca (just add the www. before hand). They are reliable and I received my supply in about 7 business days. You don't have to go through a clinic, but that would be up to you. Some do, some don't. Whatever you are most comfortable with. If you do it yourself, just be sure to read up on it and ask lots of questions here!

Cassie73- Yea oh NO **** is correctamoondoe! As much as I hate the idea, guess the ole enema is next. Lordy.....you'd think drinking a gallon of water a day....I'd need to strap on a diaper!

Quisqueya - I ordered mine from Native Healing Ways (hcgdiet.com) and they delivered by two day express. They were a little more expensive, but I wanted mine fast and I like the email contact with a clinic that can answer my questions. But you have to be able to send them recent blood work. If not, I've heard most people go through drugdelivery.ca for the meds and androusa.com for the supplies.

SheriBerry - nothing since last Wednesday? Sweety, get to the store and buy the Dulcolax. You should not have to endure that type of discomfort. And if you can jab a needle in your body every morning, surely you can handle one little suppository. Seems to me that is a lot less stressful than an enema. But, to each her own. Look on the bright side, at least it doesn't have to be logged in your calorie book. Good Luck!!! :)
This is so true. Surely I can jab a suppository up my rear end! Can you hear my tires squealing as I pull from the driveway?????

Surely THIS will result in 3 pound loss tomorrow................LOL
Is anyone else realy hungry? Its only my 2 vlcd but im nervouse I have a bad batch or Im injecting wrong?
My meals only keep me filled for about 3 hours
Help :(
I was having the same trouble until today, when I figured out that I have to eat a little something every couple of hours or I go insane. I just took my little 240 calorie lunch and divided it in half. I ate the first part about 10:30 and the second part at 1pm. then had an apple at 3:30. All three of these were accompanied by a big 20oz bottle of water. Now I'm good to go.  :)
Erictpa, I do exactly what you do, sneaky.  It has been hard to keep injections spaced correctly when I have to wait for everyone to leave the house before me, do my injection, then rush out to work.  Mine is hidden in the back of the frige as well.  I was so thrilled to hear from this group the other day that I didn't have to let it warm up first.  That saves a lot of time.  Sometimes I feel just like SheriBerry....to heck with them, its my body, is what I'd like to say.  But I really do not need to deal with the negativity and having to explain the whole thing.  

SheriBerry...I feel for you, hope you get everything moving.  There is a tea called Laci L (something, LaDuke maybe) Dieter's Tea.  I tried it once, thinking it had an appetite supressant effect.  WRONG...it was a very strong laxative effect from the henna that is in it.  I only used it once and threw the rest out.  You might want to try a cup of that....it WILL get things moving and I think it is all natural.  

Well, today is my 3rd VLCD day.  As of this morning, I've lost a total of 8 pounds (4 that I gained in 3 load days and 4 additional ones).  So I'm 4 pounds less than when I started.  The last two days were very hard. I was really hungry most of the time.  Today was better but I still get really hungry around 3:30-4:00.  I have been saving my fruit from lunch to have at that time, but it does not make a big impact.  Overall though, I think it is getting better.  So for all of us that started on Thanksgiving day....we get a break from the shots tomorrow!!  At least that's my skip day.  How about you?  
Yeah I went home and drank some "smooth move" tea because I read on another site you are allowed to use it, then I got to thinking that it might not work so I took 3 laxatives. OMG. I do NOT feel so hot today. It got things moving but on the flip side it made me sicker then a dog. I wish I could just throw up and get it over with.

I did lose 1.5 pounds since yesterday but that was probably just the "movement" and not actual weight I'm guessing. I bet you anything tomorrow I will gain. Just a feeling but I hope not.

Lord, I hope I get through this day at work. As far as being hungry, I haven't really been that hungry lately. At first I was starving. What I was doing was cutting my apple in half and munching on that inbetween lunch and dinner or saving half for a snack before bedtime. Is everyone drinking a gallon of water? That too will fill you up, real fast.
SheriBerry - Sorry to hear the laxatives made you sick. There's nothing worse than having to go to work when you feel like throwing up. But at least things are moving again. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.  :)

100shots - Way to go on the 8 pounds. That is excellent for only 3 days. Keep it up and remember to drink as much water as you can. You are doing great.

I am just starting day 4 of VLCD and lost another 1.6 pounds yesterday. That brings my total to just over 11 pounds. Woohoo, look out world, the new me is on the way.  :)
Wow, 11 pounds! That's amazing and I am jealous! lol
Great job!

Wow Erictpa 11 pounds is great! DId you ever post your stats? where you bought your hcg? any children? on BC? etc?

YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

Im down 2.5 mor pounds after VLCD2
total 5.5 pounds! I am happy but im a little jealous of you Erictpa! :)

How much has everyone else lost?
Hey SheriBerry - So sorry you're not feeling well today. I'm not sure what time you posted, but I hope by now you're feeling better and not as queasy. That is such an awful feeling.

Well, I went to the doc this morning and the protocol I'm on is completely different than what you are on. I will only receive one shot a week (he says we can increase to 2-3 a week if one a week isn't enough), and I'm eating more calories. I get 600-800 calories a day for two weeks and then increase to 1200 calories for one week, then back down to 600-800 for another two weeks, etc.

And....in addition to only getting the HCG once a week, I only get 30 IU's each week. WAAAAAAYYYY less than what the rest of you are receiving. If I don't see fast results like you all are, I'm going to order some online and increase the dose myself.

I have Fibromyalgia and learned today that a lot of people with that have pain relief using the HCG. So, that would be an awesome benefit of the injections.

Another difference too is that I'll be taking Phentermine (the still legal component of Phen-Fen). It's only an appetite suppressant, it doesn't burn fat or anything else. I've taken it by itself in the past with no side effects, other than dry mouth, and have had good results. I know it's a controversial drug, but I've always had success with it and no ill effects.

Anyway, I hope you all don't mind me hanging around and posting from time to time - even though I'm not on the same protocol as you guys.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!!
Thanks for the kudos. I appreciate them. But don't be jealous. I think my fast 11 pounds means two things: 1) I had water weight I was carrying from all the salt I was eating, and 2) I have a lot of extra fat just itching to fall off. :)

I had some tests run a few weeks ago by my doctor and found out that I have perfect blood pressure, completely normal blood work, a resting metabolism that is slightly above average, and am as healthy as a horse. Yeah, a fat horse. I asked the doctor if I was so healthy, why am I so overweight. My BMI was at 38! She said I just had poor eating habits and no self-control. Ouch! Just what I didn't want to hear. Anyway, I go back to her on the 15th for my checkup and I can't wait to step on the scale and see her reaction. :)

Also, I did post my stats a while back but here they are again.

Gender - Male
Age - 43 (but I feel 23 and that's what counts, right?)
Location - Tampa, FL
Amount I want to lose - 75 pounds by June '08 (25 lbs by Xmas)
Birth Control pills - um, no
Do you have any children - nope, free as a bird
Where do I order my HcG from - NHW (hcgdiet.com)
I too took phentermine for a while and lost a little weight because I had no appetite, but I was a total jerk to be around. My temper flared at the drop of a hat. Recently I tried Bontril and had MUCH better results. Majorly reduced appetite and no foul moods. My doctor said it was designed to balance the endorphines in the brain or something like that. Either way, I was a much more pleasant person to be around.
Thanks for the info on Bontril. I'll look into that if the Phentermine has ill effects on me this time around.  :)    Me with a bad temper would not be a good thing.  :)

Oh, and since you posted stats...here's mine.

Gender - Female
Age - 34
Location - Charlotte, NC
Amount I want to lose - 75 would put me at my "fighting weight", but I'll be happy with 60.
Birth Control - nope
Children - no, unless you count my fur-babies (pets)
Where do I order my HCG - get from Doc.

Oh, and don't you love it when your doc is so frank with you? Ouch! But I'm like you though, blood tests, pressure and everything is always in tip-top shape. Everything but my weight.
For those of you just starting or thinking about trying HCG...I'm a 23-year-old female, who has lost 45 pounds since August 20th using HCG. I get my HCG from NHW (hcgdiet.com) and I did 6 weeks starting in August...And then three more weeks starting in October. It was easier than any diet I've ever done. I went from 216.6 to 170.0...and A size 22 to a size 14. If you stick to it...it will change your life. I still want to lose like 15-20 pounds, but I know that is completely do-able now.
That's awesome!!  You rock.  lol   Sorry...does anyone still say that?    Thanks for the encouraging post.

How much HCG do you inject...and do you do it daily?

Thanks again for finding "us" and posting!
Umm...I'm not sure how much hcg...I'll go check. But Native Healing Ways puts B vitamins in there too, I think. They have their own program guidelines. The allow to eat more food choices, but you have to group them. I injected myself Monday-Friday. I'll go check my info to see how many IU's.

Oh...and Thank you :) The main reason I was wanting to post my results is because this summer I was researching HCG, and there were a lot of people on this website that were VERY critical of the program.
Mon- Thu....175 IU HCG
Fri....300 IU HCG with B12 and B100
Sat & Sun....no injections

500 cal/day
Thanks for the info. If you read an earlier post from me, you'll see my doc (weightloss clinic doc) has me on WAY less HCG. I'm going to write down your info and get my own in the future if I don't see quicker results. I like that your injections have B vitamins in there. I take those orally daily, but use to give the injections at the animal hospital where I use to work. They were very effective on sick dogs and cats.

no problem...good luck!!
I get mine from NHW also and I love the vitamin B they come preloaded with. I have a condition where I can't metabolize vitamin B if swallowed. I have to inject it or do it sublingually, which tastes aweful.

I also ordered a batch from drugdelivery.ca but wish I had waited and just kept using NHW. They more expensive but really convenient.
Hi HCG family
I'm on my 5th VLCD day and am down 11 lbs.  If I don't eat around noon and 5:00 I get really hungry and cranky.  Start to feel a tad weak & shaky.  Anyone else bottoming out like that?  I'm doing 125 IU's.  Should I up the HCG?

How many calories is every1 allowing for veggies?  I don't know if I'm eating enough of them.

Any advice on what I can use on chapped lips?  Is chapstick ok?
And I think I need a laxative or "something". (OH NO! Not 'big red") Any suggestions?  I sure do love this diet & forum.  Appreciate any help.

Hi everyone,  I'm on my 5th vlcd day too and :    But on the up side, I'm still down 5lbs in less then a week, still really happy about that :>

As for natural laxatives, in the past I used a diet tea with senna in it....the tea works really well, but take 6-8 hours to work (just to keep in mind)  if one tea bag doesnt work just drink another cup.  Hope this helps out some.

And for chapstick I still use my bees, or blistex, and I'm still using lotion because it is so cold and dry up here.

Also for hunger and crashing I've been buying the tiny holiday oranges so I eat 1 in the morning, 1 noon, and 1 at night, it also helps with my sweet tooth, I count it as only 1 fruit for the day because they are so small and still eat an apple most days.

Good luck Cassie with the once a week shot, let us know if it works for you.

Patmdon- I also got a "little backed up" and I drank a cup of Smooth Move all natural tea. I got it at GNC. I was afraid it wouldn't work though and took a couple of laxatives with it. I wouldn't recommend that because I was very sick the next day. I think the tea would have worked on it's own. Good luck with that. I hate that feeling! And I wouldn't up your hcg, heck you've lost 11 pounds seems like it's working great for you. Now it if starts to slow down a bit you might try it, but as mama always said..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Plus they say more isn't always better when it comes to the hcg

Well I have lost another pound overnight. I am down 8 pounds since Saturday. A little slower then the rest of you but that's ok.......at least I am losing and I am thrilled about that! I am almost to my half way mark. Does anyone know when the weight loss is supposed to slow down? What week? I thought I read it would slow down to .5lbs a day at some point. I could be wrong.

Erictpa- What does the NHW stand for? Sorry, I am a bit dingy. And do you think the vitamin B helps? So far I have a great amount of energy without anything else but that might wear off after a time, I don't know.

upinAK- I would so love to use my blistex! The diet and drinking the water haven't been hard for me, it's my withdrawl from lotions and blistex that is KILLING ME! lol
I feel like I'm cracking all over. And I have so much static in my hair from no conditioner that I could light up NYC!
Well, this morning marks the start of day 5 of VLCD. I weighed this morning and lost another 2 pounds yesterday, bringing my 4-day total to 13.5 pounds. I hope this is going as it should and I'm not damaging myself. I'm elated but also practical enough to know if it looks to good to be true then it probably is.

I stick to about 500 - 600 calories per day with it mostly being turkey (leftovers) and veggies (celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, a few carrots). For snacks, I use my fruit (apples & strawberries). Today in my lunch I packed a special treat; a grapefruit! I can't wait until lunchtime. Also, when I am especially good or am having a terrible sweet craving, I treat myself to a glass of Crystal Lite fruit punch. I do this sparingly, but for some reason I need to have that little treat occasionally just to give myself encouragement.

I go to the gym three times a week and do aerobics on the Elyptical machine for 45 minutes (burns 700 calories). I also walk 4 miles along the bay 2-3 a week when work and school permit (classes end next week, hooray!).

Last night after I got off the machine at the gym I could barely walk. The room kept spinning and I felt horribly weak. I got home and had my turkey and veggies, but was still feeling rundown. But I got a good night's sleep and this morning I feel great. Loads of energy and determined to stick to my eating plan.
OMG..........you are so kicking butt in the weight loss department! Great job! And you're even working out 3 times a week! Awesome! I have been a tad weak myself so I don't know how you do it. I find myself weak in the mornings but then after I give myself the shot I feel pretty well. However I have to admit I haven't been working out. Unless you count the trips to the bathroom! lol

Just wanted to pat you on the back and let everyone know they are doing FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!
Nice to hear you loosing a lot. I am new to hcg. I am using 100iu every 5 days and I am not loosing any weight. can you pls tell me if the dose is right. should I be injecting myself everyday with 200iu? pls I need help, I have a lot to loose.
You might try upping your dose a tad and see what happens. I am taking 175iu daily SQ. How are you giving yourself the injections? SQ or IIM?
Thanks Sherry. What do you mean by SQ or IMM, I am a novice. I inject myself on my bum. May be I should be doing it every day because I am doing it only twice a week. what do you think?
Good Morning all!

I think my shots kicked in yesterday STats
1vlcd -3
2vlcd-2.5
3 vlcd 1

6.5 in the 3 days :)
Well the SQ is into the fat, the IM is in the muscle. Different needles are required for each. Not that it really matters, I think I've seen people lose weight on both doing SQ and IM. Are you going through a clinic or are you doing this yourself? 100iu seems kinda low to be only doing it twice a week (just my opinion). If you are doing these yourself without a doctor, I would just try upping your dose to 175iu (middle of the road) and everyday. Can't hurt anything...............

skinnyfor08- Good job you're doing great!
Good for you on all the exercise!! It worries me though that you felt so weak when you got off the machine last night. Could you save a snack and have it right before you get to the gym? That might help you not be so dizzy and such when you get off.

By no means am I an expert, but a few years ago I had a personal trainer and nutritionist for a 12 week program (and had that stuck I wouldn't be here doing this.  lol). Anyway, they'd have me eat some protein and a good carb (fruit) within 30 minutes of working out. It really helped my energy level and I wasn't so out of it after working out.

Ok, sorry. I know that was unsolicited advice...but I don't want you passing out at the gym.  :)

On a happy and personal note though, I'm down three pounds this morning!

Enjoy your grapefruit!! Just writing that made my mouth water.  :)
Nice to hear all you guys doing great. I need you to help me with the right dose though. what ml is 200iu. Is that 1ml or 2ml. I am injecting myself. how many injection will I do with 15000iu hcg.

Thanks for your help.
Thanks for all the kudos and advice.

Cassie73 - I go to the gym again on Saturday morning and I will eat some protein and fruit just before I go and see if that woks better. Yesterday it was about 2.5 hours between eating and gym and that didn't work so well.  :)

kosemani - I do 175iu daily, mon-fri, and take the weekends off. But I only eat 500-600 calories daily.

skinnyfor08 - Excellent!!  That's over 2 pounds a day! Keep going, you are doing great!!

And finally, I have a question for the group. Since I have stopped eating salt together, I am noticing things taste different, better. This morning I was brushing my teeth and suddenly realized that my Crest toothpaste was incredibly sweet. It never tasted that way before. Is that happening to anyone else?

SheriBerry - You are doing wonders for my moral. You are the best cheering section ever.  :)

Well you would be taking 1mil (which is actually the same as 1cc) but it's how much bac water you mix it with in order to get the correct iu. I am not the person to help you with this because I really struggled getting my dose right.

Can anyone else help here?

I will seach and see if I can find how you need to mix it..........
After mixig I normally have 1ml. shoul I be using 1ml or 2ml.
Maybe this will help you: Read to the very bottom for mixing the 200iu with the bottle of 1500iu

Mixing Preparations

hCG weight loss shots are prepared in a very sterile environment.  The area should be cleaned with bleach or alcohol and left to air dry.  Mixing materials should be laid out in the sterile environment and hands should be washed with anti-bacterial soap. Hands should be dried with paper towels.

Opening the glass ampoule of the hCG powder concentrate

The top of the ampoule is cleaned with alcohol.  Using one swift motion, the top is snapped away from the body.  It is suggested that an inside out alcohol pad wrapper is used when opening for protection.  

The rubber top of the 30cc bacteriostatic water vial is sterilized with a new rubbing alcohol pad.

The rubber top of a new sterile glass vial is sterilized with a new rubbing alcohol pad.  

Using a 30cc syringe,  25cc of sterile water is drawn.

The needle is replaced.  

1cc of sterile water is injected into the hCG ampoule, slowly down the side of the glass, not allowing the needle to touch the glass. If the needle touches the glass, replace the needle before continuing to the next step.   The powder will dissolve almost immediately, with a gentle swirling of the vial.  

DO NOT SHAKE.

24cc of sterile water is then injected into the new Glass vial.

With a new 3cc syringe, the 1 cc of hCG is drawn.  

Needle is replaced.  

The glass vial is then sterilized with a new alcohol pad, and the hCG is injected into the new sterile glass vial containing the 24 cc of sterile water.  

1 ml = 1cc

The result is 25 doses of 1 ml doses.   1 cc of the new mixture is drawn into a new 3 cc syringe for each injection providing a 200 i.u. dose.  

Self injection tips can be found here.

Measurements for Dosage Variations

200 i.u. INJECTIONS WITH A 1500 i.u. AMPOULE OF hCG:

The mixing procedure is exactly the same as the above procedure except 7.5 cc. of sterile water is used instead of 25 cc. Results in 7 doses of 1 ml each.   1 cc of the mixture is drawn into a sterile 3 cc syringe for each injection, providing the 200 i.u. dose.  

Thanks. Will work on your instruction though it looks scary. God bless you.
Well &^^%(*^% - I just wrote this long, lovely email explaining my position after the criticism above, and hit a wrong key and they whole thing is gone.  Don't have time to rewrite it.

Suffice it to say that I didn't mean to be critical, you're right about migraines, but that's not what you said first, it was a blanket statement lol

I'm doing great, y'all are doing great, and it's time for me to go shower and have my injection and get to work!!

LOL geez I hate this keyboard!
No offense taken here sweetie!!!  :-)

I already take migraine meds and on the pamplet inside with the Pregnyl it states that headaches are a side effect of the medicine (or can be). I just know a lot of people who do these injections do end up with headaches. I guess I should have stated that since I already suffer from migraines, if I let a simple headache get out of hand it turns into a migraine, at least for me.

Good luck with that keyboard!
Does anyone know if we are suppose to weigh the food (especially chicken) before or after cooking? I can't remember off the top of my head.
Everything is weighed BEFORE cooking.
Thanks, Sheri  :-)
Morning all and thanks to sheri. I am still struggling with my mixing still. I am not illetrate though. I am just fustrated about not getting it right. Do I have to get another water or use the one that came with it because after mixing my 1500iu I got 1ml. Now do I have to use the 1ml or still mixed it with some more sterilize water to get more doses. I just dont know. Also I've  just find out that I'm not to use mu cream at all. I told you I'm a newbee on this and I needed to loose a lot before christmas.

To all, can you help, how many pack of the 15000iu will I need for a week? May be that will help me.

Sorry to be on your neck, It just that I must get this right.

Thanks so much. I have the insulin injection that is very small. it is only up to 1ml. can that be the reason. I just don't know.

can anyone who has struggle with getting their mix right help me!

Sheri: Thanks once again. You guys are doing great.
Let me see if I can explain it the way I learned it.

Ok, I’ve been told that you want to mix a new bottle each week in order to keep it fresh and potent. So there we have 7 days. If you want to make each shot 200iu, then 7 days times 200iu equals 1400iu. Close enough for our needs since you can never get every last drop out of the bottle. So we have one 1500iu bottle for seven 200iu shots.

Now, let’s determine how much bac water should be added to the 1500iu bottle. If we want seven shots taken out of each bottle, we need to put in enough bac water to fill seven syringes. If each syringe needs to hold 200iu, then 1500iu divided by 200iu equals 7.5. So we need to add 7.5 ml’s (same as 7.5 cc’s) to the bottle. I think if you rounded it off to an even 8 ml’s you would be fine. :)

So, we have one bottle of 1500iu HcG and 8 ml’s of bac water. This should get you 7 shots, allowing for waste when you squirt a little getting the air out of the syringe and the last little bit that is left in the bottle. And remember to refrigerate the HcG once you mix it.

Ok, that is my explanation. Does anyone see any glaring mistakes with my reasoning? I am an English major so math isn’t my strong suit. :)
Erictpa- Well done. I am an accountant and it still boggles my mind! lol

Well I came home from work last night and decieded to bake my son who is stationed in San Diego some homemade cookies as a nice surprise and lordy it took all the will power I had not to scoop into that bowl with a spoon and eat all the dough myself.................AHHHHHHHH! But I got through it and never even licked my fingers! Arentcha proud of me!!!! Anyway, it paid off so I am down another pound today. I have 11 more pounds I'd like to lose and I will reach my goal. I'm doing my happy dance!!

Ok, with that said. I do have a question. Does anyone know if we can buy the flavored coffee? I know Folgers makes a Vanilla roast that has no calories in it............think this would be ok or not? Don't want to throw a kink into my progess............thanks!
Way to go on the will power!!! I am VERY proud of you. And very ashamed of me. I totally had a weak moment and snacked on a few things last night I shouldn't have. When I added everything up, I had eaten almost 800 calories! I can't believe I did that! And when I weighed this morning, I was only down a half a pound. I hope I'm able to pull it together today and get back on track.

Also, I seem to have developed the same condition you had earlier this week. Haven't gone to the bathroom (except peeing every hour) since Tuesday night. I'm thinking its time for a little assistance to help get things moving. Egad, what a way to start the weekend.
I don't know why this has been working but maybe this will help everyone to not have to use "big red".  I just started drinking the WuLong tea that is suggested in KT's book.  Since I have been drinking it, it has made it very easy to go to the bathroom.  Before I drank it, I wouldn't go for days and had to drink the Smooth Move Tea.  I have a history of irregularity and I think I will be drinking this tea for the rest of my life.  
I am so impressed with everyones weight loss.  It is wonderful.  This is the place to come, read, and smile :o)
Just got home and off to bed, but thought I would stop in to check on everyone :>  

As for flavored coffee I would check the label for sugar content and make a decision off that since the calories aren't a factor, but vanilla coffee sounds good to me.

Carol: sorry if I was critical of you're first comment, I've had migranes since I was a kid and it's always been misunderstood by the people around me that don't have an understanding of how little life changes can escalate a headache into a migrane. but glad you are doing good with your diet.

kosemani: Good luck with you mixing, I had a really hard time at first too :>   You'll get it!!! :>
Erictpa- Well don't get too down on yourself. The way I see it, some of the people on this diet/shots are allowed to eat up to 800 calories so in reality (like the way I think??) you didn't really go over your diet last night. So just nip it in the bud here and go on. There's always today and as long as you don't "fall off the wagon" again today, you're back on schedule. Chin up!! As far as the "no go" good lord I pity you. I was miserable last week. I did try that Smooth Move tea, but I can't say whether or not it worked because I gobbled down a couple of laxatives with it and man did it make me ill so just be careful. Look on the bright side, it might actually be the start of a good weekend because at least you'll be home in order to get the problem resolved and not stuck at work or school should things suddenly "kick in". You'd think drinking a gallon of water a day, we'd need a diaper and some liquid cork! lol

upinAK- Yeah I will look at the sugar content. I know it says no calories but who knows. I am dying for a hot cup of sweet, creamy coffee. I never was much of a "black" coffee drinker. Boohooo

grateful120- I might have to try the WuLong tea. If it woks it will be more like WuHOO tea!

Well I best get back to work...............joy, joy!
SheriBerry - thanks for the pep talk. I am back on track today and am doing great on my eating. I even went out to lunch with friends and had half a grilled chicken chicken breast and some steamed brocolli (no butter) and of course, three big glasses of water. I'm stuffed! I've never been so full on so little. My grocery bill is dropping at an amazing rate.

UpinAK - Thanks for the WuLong tea suggestion. I'm going to see if I can find some. I agree with Sherri, you'd think a gallon of water a day would fix things.  :)
Grateful:Thanks for the suggestion of wu long tea.  I've been drinking it, but maybe need a bit more.  I tried the salt water yesterday (went a little bit), but showed a .5 gain today.  Figure it's all the salt retaining fluid cause I'm not peeing near as much as I was.  Trying to drink as much water as I possibly can today.  Hope I have at least a pound loss tomorrow.  Today's only my 7th VLCD day, so I still have a lot to learn.  

Eric:Don't feel bad about the extra calories-you still lost.  You're doing great!  
Sheri: love your reasoning.
My hands & lips are soooo chapped.  Any suggestions?

I have been using 100% Aloe Vera gel and it seems to work pretty well (not as well as lotion and chapstick) but it seems to do the trick and it's allowed..........
Aw no problem.  My Mother has migraines, so I know how it is.  With her, it's bright lights - the sun coming in the car window, that sort of thing.  Thanks for the comment, though :)

I just hate to see something so simple being made so complicated, is all.  But everybody has to figure out what works for them.  I am just so HAPPY that I'm finally making a dent in my obesity!  I'm 57, diabetic, high BP, all that stuff.  I don't get a lot of exercise becuase I'm a medical transcriptionist, and my work is sitting down!  As I'm losing weight, though, I'm able to move around more.  Going to an orthopedist on Monday to check out this left leg joint, though, could be arthritis or something.

Here's to everybody's good health!  Anybody here in Salisbury NC who goes to Dr. Holmes, I'd love to chat!