Weight Loss Alternatives Community
To anybody doing HCG Program-Are you hungry?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

I'm going to start the program after my colon cleanse and I was wondering how hard it is to stay on the diet?
Are you really not very hungry even though you are eating only 500cal/day?
If anybody mind to share! I want to prepare myself and to know what to expect. I failed so many times on diets, not being able to stick to it. I really want to succeed this time!!!
I just started my program in Scottsdale, AZ (see www.aestheticmd.com), but to begin the diet, as crazy as it may sound, you have to BINGE on high carb and fatty foods for two days!  That somehow jumpstarts the weight loss when you then go into the 700 calorie diet (for 60 days, followed by a maintenance period).  They say you don't get hungy, and it actually looks like you'll be eating a sufficient amount of food.  Apparently, the Hcg and the DHEA and the B-12 shots keep your hunger in check and actually give you a feeling of well being.  Good Luck!
I use to have sugar cravings but the 3 lax helped out.  I got it off ebay.
Yes, I got the threlac off ebay too.  It does help the carb cravings from killing off the yeast. Its one of kevins recomended cleanses.
I was hoping that someone who is already doing the program would respond and share their own experience. I know that Kevin is saying that we are not going to be hungry. I guess I'm just one of those people that is hard to convince.

After so many years of dieting my hopes are running low. This is the last program that I'm willing to do. If this doesn't work I'm giving up. I hope I don't sound to negative, but this is how I feel.
Experience from beng on the 500 calorie twice.  Binging the first2 days really helps.  You answer the question if a double fudge brownie was sitting infront of you 1/2 an hour after lunch - would you eat it?????  So ar you hungry or is it just the idea of the taste that makes you eat it.

No die or pill willstop your brain from wanting that brownie.  But to answer your question, if you do the binge for 2 days, then the PROPER diet your body may fight yo for a couple days but NO yo are NOT hungry you also MUST drink all the water.  If you can watch the scales and keep motavated you are there.

Good luck.

granny
I am doing the Tennessee program, and i was hungry for the first couple weeks, but was really not hungry after that. i did not do any of phase 1, but i have lost close to 50 pounds on the program
You must feel great after losing 50lbs. Congratulations! I'm just curious...also are you toning up after losing 50lbs.  Does your skin feel taunt and not look droopy. thank you
I have been on the program for 2 months, and that is because of the amount of weight i had to lose. I do inject myself, and i inject in the front upper thigh muscle. I also switch legs daily, and sometimes i inject in the stomach.
I do not have any loose skin, and my skin is not droopy. I am now in proportion, and i have good muscle tone. I actually had someone ask me if i had some lipo done, and that is because everything happened so fast.
Your results are amazing. How long were you on the program?
I'm planing to start phase 1 next week with colon cleanse.I  hope that will help with the cravings when I start with injections after 30 days.

Did you inject yourself, and if you did which sites on the body?
Do you mind if I ask how you were able to follow the full program?
I am on day 17 of the diet.  Am not taking B 12 injections, only the hcg injected in the fat roll at the stomach.  I alternate sides each day.  I was really apprehensive about giving myself injections as I was terrified of needles as a kid.  But I was only nervous the first couple of days.  And the injections do not hurt (I'm using short needle ultra-fine insulin syringes).

I did not have a vast amount of weight to lose--just 25 to 30 lbs, that I have not been able to shed for the last 20 years.  I will diet and get some off, only to have it come right back and bring several friends along!  Finally, I just said--Enough is enough!

I will be honest and realistic about my experience because you need to realize this is not something you do on a whim or as an "I'll try it and see" fling.  You do need to be committed and prepared to see it through, in spite of a few difficulties.

The first day of injections I had a bad headache.  It was Saturday, and I could not reach my doctor's office.  So I went online and found Dr. Simeon's original protocol and saw that he allowed aspirin during the diet--just enough to take care of headaches.  I took 3 aspirin and the headache went away.  So apparently that part of my experience was not uncommon.

Although my friend did the diet and said she had absolutely no hunger, I have been hungry from day 1.  I binged the first 2 days before I started until I thought I would throw up (my friend had told me to eat, even after I felt I couldn't eat any more).  So it is not that I didn't start right.  I have not missed any injections and have not altered at all from the prescribed diet.  Yet I am hungry--on a scale of 1 to 10, maybe a 7.
Also, I am still having to cook for my family which is not helping things.

I called my doctor's office, and the nurse tried to tell me it was in in my mind.  I assured her that I have been on diets before, know how the mind works in food cravings, but this was definitely hunger with a rumbling stomach to go along.  She replied that a lot depends on a person's individual metabolism as to how their body responds to the hcg.

But before anyone gets discouraged, let me say that it is working--amazingly!!  I am down almost 13 pounds in 16 days.  I am seeing weights that I haven't seen for years. And best of all, my body is reshaping.  I had done some extensive weight training a few years back and got pretty strong in my upper body, yet I could never see the muscle tone.  A personal trainer told me I had too much fat covering it up.  Ouch!  Well now, I am starting to see that upper arm muscle tone--and it sure looks nice!

I've never had a real waistline due to a long ribcage, but now a waistline is appearing.  Fat deposits between the legs are shrinking visibly, and I'm getting in clothes I haven't worn in a while.  Slacks that were tight on me when I began are now absolutely baggy. People around me who don't even know I'm dieting are already noticing that the weight is going. I also have no droopy skin.  In fact, my face and hair seem more radiant. Best of all...it's happening so fast!  I've suffered feelings of deprivation for much longer periods of time on diets in the past with FAR fewer results.  So whenever I get hungry, I just remind myself--Every day when I step on that scale and see another pound or partial pound gone, I am saying goodbye to it forever!  For unlike other diets, this one has the ability to keep the weight off permanantly (unless you go to McDonald's everyday for 6 months and supersize your meal or something crazy like that).

Have I been tempted to quit? Yes, more than once.  But I keep reminding myself of how good I am going to look and feel when it's all over and how bummed I would be later if I let myself quit now.  (I'm almost halfway through already!!) Also, I think about how much money I paid to go on the diet! :-) :-)  Summer is coming up, and I keep visualizing myself in that new, slimmer swimsuit.  So...go drink another glass of water!  Make some more tea!

Here are some things that have helped me, and I'll pass them along...

I chop up my veggies so I get more in the 1 cup measure (I eat 2 cups for each of both meals).  It also looks like I have more when they are chopped.  Sometimes I even will chop a veggie like celery or cucumbers in a bowl and mix it with some dill, salt and pepper and apple cider vinegar or lemon juice to make a "salad."  Then I only put half on my plate and leave half in the bowl so I can go back for "seconds." Also, I cut apples in halves and even quarters to space them out through the day.  The nurse told me it doesn't matter so much when you eat everything as long as you eat it all every day with no additions or deletions.

I also stopped eating cooked spinach or even raw lettuce in the first few days because the spinach shrinks to nothing and neither the spinach nor the lettuce had enough bulk to help me feel full.  I've done well on chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers and chopped celery (raw or sauteed in a bit of water with organic seasonings).  When I feel like I just HAVE to have something with a little more taste, I chop up onions and saute them in water with my meat. I don't eat the 1/2 grapefruit often because I found that apples and strawberries do a better job of filling me up.

Keep drinking tea and water (you can drink even more than the minimum) and try to find things to do that keep your mind busy and off of food (like this week I am working on taxes).

And just remember in those weaker moments...the weight you are losing is permanently gone as long as you eat halfway sensibly in the future!  You can do pretty much ANYTHING for only 40 days, and you'll be soooooo glad for a LIFETIME afterwards that you endured!

Happy Dieting Everyone!!!
A couple more things...I failed to mention that I also eat steamed cabbage with a bit of dried dillweed.

Just found a helpful website: hcginfoonline.com  It had a recipe for an apple cider vinegar drink that can be mixed and taken before meals to help with hunger and also burn more fat.  Will try it and post a report in a few days.
i was hungry really bad the first day after the "binge" , today i'm on day 5 of the 500 calories and i'm having a hard time forcing myself to eat.  i find after dinner i'm not hungry and the worst time was between the first snack and lunch but not today.  i don't want to eat at all.  i'm a big time carb monster and that is why i'm on this diet, i'm hoping to change that.  everything we are told not to eat was what i was eating before.
i think we are all different and some people are hungry and some aren't and i think it depends on if you have real hcg or just junk.  drink your water, it does help fill you up too and will make your skin look wonderful plus it will flush out the bad stuff.  i can't say i'm not thinking about pizza and cake but i am realizing as i type this that for me it isn't about hunger (because i'm not), it's about habit and emotional connections to certain foods and not feeling comfortable unless i'm stuffed.  i know that i will have to learn the difference between real hunger and just wanting to eat for other reasons and being able to get those needs met in a different way.  i think a lot of us are in that boat.  too bad hcg doesn't come with some therapy sessions.  good luck to you.
While some diets do minimize the amount of hunger you feel throughout the day, it's important to remember that a diet is a diet and they are most often set up to minimize the number of calories you intake during the day. If you want to eat more of what you want, exercise might be the best option for you. I have tried many diets only to discover that I love my food! I love being to eat more of what I want, and so I've chosen exercise. My whole body vibration exercise machine has helped me to find the balance in burning some of the excess calories I eat.