Topamax Side Effect Question
I've been taking Topamax for 3 weeks (the first 2 weeks at 50 mg at bedtime) and the last week at 100 mg at bedtime. I am supposed to increase my dose to 200 mg in a week.
I have noticed that when I exercise particularly when I jog, I am having endurance issues that I never had before taking the medicine. I know that topamax can decrease your ability to sweat and that you have to stay hydrated, which I do, but how does one go about not letting this affect your exercise?? Today after jogging for one mile, I had to walk the rest of my workout and every time I tried to jog again my face would start tingling, and I'd start feeling strange. I have been eating 45 minutes before my workout, so I know it's not from lack of food, I'm just torn about what to do. I am supposed to be training for a half-marathon, yet I run a mile and have to stop jogging because of the medicine I'm taking...Has anyone had similar reactions? Suggestions?
it sounds like your blood pressure is dropping  thats why your tingling and feeling strange need to take your bp before and after
It sounds like you know a thing or two about this drug. Question for you....I've just started taking Topamax a few days ago. When does the weight loss usually start? I'm only on 25 mg a day but will be on 100 by the end of the month.