Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Topamax Side Effect Question
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Topamax Side Effect Question

I've been taking Topamax for 3 weeks (the first 2 weeks at 50 mg at bedtime) and the last week at 100 mg at bedtime. I am supposed to increase my dose to 200 mg in a week.
I have noticed that when I exercise particularly when I jog, I am having endurance issues that I never had before taking the medicine. I know that topamax can decrease your ability to sweat and that you have to stay hydrated, which I do, but how does one go about not letting this affect your exercise?? Today after jogging for one mile, I had to walk the rest of my workout and every time I tried to jog again my face would start tingling, and I'd start feeling strange. I have been eating 45 minutes before my workout, so I know it's not from lack of food, I'm just torn about what to do. I am supposed to be training for a half-marathon, yet I run a mile and have to stop jogging because of the medicine I'm taking...Has anyone had similar reactions? Suggestions?