Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Topamax Side Effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Topamax Side Effects

Hi All,
I don't have a question it's more of my experiences with Topamax.  I have been on Topamax for 11 weeks now and I am up to 450mgs a day and taking it for seizures in conjunction with Klonopin.  I HATE HATE Topamax as a drug and think it is made by SATAN himself, but, it has slowed my seizures, my big ones anyway and I am now only having small break-thru ones.  I will be going up one more dose in the next week.  I am one of the people who are having a terrible time with the side effects, I am having horrible memory problems, tired all the time, digestive issues, not pins and needles anymore, more like stabbing pains in the feet, legs and hands, taste buds are screwed nothing taste good and instead of losing weight I feel I have gained!!!!  I cannot eat anything with spice to it anymore because it burns my tongue to no end, I hardly eat anymore, maybe now the weight loss will happen and I will shed the 12 pounds I have gained.  I get very dizzy, I cry for no reason and I sometimes have this feeling of impending doom.....But DO NOT WORRY people if you are on this dose or close to it and feel this way, the side effects lasts only for a few weeks and they DO SUBSIDE!!!!  except for the taste bud thing that stays, and the stabbing pains in the extremities goes to a more pins and needles effect and your feet and hands tend to get colder quicker.  Even tho I HATE THIS DRUG MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD I am going to continue to stay on it because it is helping me alot, I just wish the side effects were less!  Good Luck to alll of you out there on this DRUG FROM HELL!!!