Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Trying to lose a few pounds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Trying to lose a few pounds

I am trying to lose about 10 pounds. I have a 5 month old daughter and I am trying to get back to my weight before I was pregnant. I have tried 2 weight loss pills which is a total sham. Now I am trying Green tea. Does this help you lose weight?
I am not gaining but I am not losing the way I want to.
I eat cherrios with light soy milk in the morning and a shake at lunch time that only has 80 calories. I have a moderate light dinner. I exercise and I am constantly moving and cleaning. You would think I would lose weight, but I am not.
I am not a sugar eater and I don't eat bread. What am I doing wrong? Help!
it takes time im on green tea pills slim fast an new meds ive had several test an a complaicated past of rapid weight gain stay in touch we can chat also i do extensive exercise an walking an im hoping to see improvements as well
Yes, I will keep in touch with you. So, are you on the green tea? I used to weigh 115 pounds a few years back, but it was a pain getting to that point. In three months, I went from 150 to 115. I walked for an hour in the morning and 1 hour on a stationary bike at night. I would love to get back to that. As I said, I have a 5 month old and I cannot get a schedule going.
When I do, something comes up. The most I can do is run up and down my stairs. It is so frustrating.

It sounds to me like you are almost not taking in enough calories.  You need at least 1200 calories (1500 even better). If you go too low on calories your body starts to freak out and store fat thinking that you are starving yourself.  

I would definitly make sure you are eating several times a day. I know that can be hard with a baby (I have 3 boys btw 1-5)But it helps me to make meals in advance so I have something easily accessible.

That is what my husband told me. I am taking less than 500 calories a day. I don't feel hungry though. I am not starving myself or throwing up my food. I just don't feel hungry.
Green tea is not bad at all. If you are the type of person who cannot consume caffeine then I would not recommend it. I took green tea to lose weight and it worked with no side effects. My doctor even told me that tea is really good when it comes to suppressing your appetite. Tea has the ability to promote good health. Green tea has antioxidants which are also found in fruits.It can also lower your cholesterol and prevent the formation of certain tumors. If you want to try it just go for it. Perhaps it will help you lose some weight but you have to eat well. Remember green tea suppresses your appetite or tends to do so. Good luck . My advice to you is do some research, don't just believe the first thing you read.
solo_bx, I do drink plenty of water. I do not even drink juices because the sugar intake in most of them. I have one cup of coffee maybe twice a week. I drink only water and 1 cup of green tea. I don't eat fried foods. I bake everything. I have a 2 story house and I run the stairs every day.

snowfairy, I heard the same things that you wrote. That it is  healthy for you. I drink it but only one cup per day. I don't drink coffee if I know I will drink the tea on the same day.
Sometimes the problem is not you but how your body reacts to everything that's going on in your life including your child, your meals, stress, or who knows. I don't think your are doing anything wrong. If you do not experience weight loss then try to add another cup of tea to your diet. I've heard wu-long tea is awesome. I think I'll buy it myself see what happens. Also, try to work out for a longer period of time if you can. I work out for two hours but I only do cardio, no weights but that's just b/c there are currently  no mirrors in my gym and the machines need to be fixed. Try to do a little bit more than what you usually do and see what happens. Good luck to you. I know what you are going through.
Thank you! I will take your advice and work out longer than usual. Yes, and you are correct. I do have stress. I have a 13yr old, 11yr old and now my 5mth baby. Oh, and that also includes my 32 year old baby which is my husband. HA HA
My intention is not to argue with you. I am just going to say that my comments are not based on comments made by sellers of a certain product, in this case green tea. Please do not assume things that are not true. There are many points of view regarding the weight loss subject. I stated mine. I studied nutrition and my comments are based upon what I learned in school which is, after all, the best place to learn stuff, better than the Internet itself I believe. What works for a person does not necessarily work for others. There are news and letters coming out everyday saying that coffee, for instance is really really bad and then the next day you hear the same people on tv saying otherwise. My advice to sunshine I already said it. Do not just believe everything you hear or read. Be critical and research. Green tea is not bad. I have been living my entire life drinking all kinds of tea every single day and my doctor is very plased with that. Thank you for wishing us the best. I, too, wish you the best in life.
I do not have to give YOU any proof of what I know. I guess you are kind of upset that I am contradicting you and you should be able to get over it. This will be the last time I post a comment to YOU. I do not work for any company whatsoever. You may think whatever you want to, that is your own business which I really don't care. You are the one who feels like you have to proof something. I'm not here for that so please realize that this is no competition of who knows more. My proof is in all the books I have read in school and the lectures coming from the experience of accredited professors and nutritionists. I believe this site is not for fighting but to help or try to help others and ourselves. Acting like you know more than the rest is simply not nice. Like you said, we could do with our lives whatever we please so get passed this subject and move on.
I have been trying to lose weight as well.  I started eating better and taking about 1500 calories a day in.  I eat somthing small every 2 hours and I dont eat after 6.  Been drinking lots of water and taking the pill cylaris and it has help me alot.  Just thought I would metion what I have been doing, see if it helps you any.  So far I have lost 15lbs in 2 weeks.
Just the thought of green tea being bad for people is ridiculously naive. I heard on the news yesterday that coffee in moderation can actually be good for your system if you are the type of person who likes to feel energetic to work out. Everything in moderation can actually help your system. Tea is one of the best things to drink since it can boost your energy and suppress your appetite, among other health benefits. Fruits also contain a bit of alcohol. So what do we do? just because alcohol is bad do we have to stop eating fruits?  My grandmother has lived her life drinking green tea b/c it is her favorite. A lot of members of my family drink tea mostly at night and most of them are doctors, nutritionists or pharmacists. None of them has ever told me green tea is dangerous. That's just absurd. All my uncles drink red wine after they are done with lunch and they are still here, no problems with their livers or anything like that. I'm sorry but I just have to laugh.
This is free and very difficult to believe weight loss method. You will find out in three weeks, but only if you do it.(Do it before eating)Sit on chair or floor. Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for maximum of 30 minutes. Not for pregnant women.Initially do for 5 minutes first 2 days and then increase the time.If tired, rest and then continue.Keep checking your weight.No need to go to gym.
solo is a know it all like ive said befor some of the things they say is absolut garbage but hey we will listen to any one when trying to lose weight ay goodluck ladies.
you are very weird
Try the apple patch diet
visit www.applepatchdiet.com/bt17039

What do you have to loose....Weight