Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Underactive Thyroid and HCG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Underactive Thyroid and HCG

My wife has just been diagnosed with and underactive Tyroid.  My question is can she take the Tyroid meds and do the HCG diet at the same time?  Would there be any complications?  Would the HCG affect the Thyroid Meds?  
I take 90mg of armour for my thyroid and take 3cc HCG injection daily and have no problems. I do not follow KY diet though. I eat low cal, low fat, and watch my portions. I try to stay under 1200 calories. I have lost 4.25lbs in a little over a week. It may not be as fast as some of the people following the 5oo cal diet but I it's the choice I took and I am happy with the results
Dear Resah

As I understand this, when you do the hgh shots and the 500 cal diet, you are getting rid of the problem fat, not the regular fat or the structure fat.  That is what I want to lose and permanently.  I still don't have the stuff but am looking hard.  U can give myself shots but can't get the stuff.

Just commenting.  Can you help?  Have written a few people but no answers as yet.Email  ***@****
marilucy
You may follow the HCG shots only with Armour Thyroid or Westroid supplementation. Chemical alternatives inhibit HCG.
Kind regards, Dr Dirk van Lith, MD, MPH (Amsterdam-Holland)
www.lifestylemanagement.org
I have been on synthroid for 10 years after having a pituitary tumor removed.  Started HCG 6 months ago and have lost 50 lbs.  It has been gradual, but the HCG seems to really curb my cravings and just makes me feel normal again!  
Hi there,

hCG therapy works much slower on people who are using synthetic thyroid replacement.

you will not lose 1/2 to 1 lb a day. I did a cleanse and weaned myself over the past few months. I have been fine(fingers crossed) so far and am now working with a Natra Path Dr. and looking at all of my glands (adrenals, etc) as it is NEVER just a thyroid issue. Most Dr.'s look no further. SYN thyroid can really just mask the real issues.

Dr. Simeon writes about it and KT says NO medications of any kind should be taken whilst under the protocol.
Hope this helps
Bitten
I thoroughly agree about your comments concerning synthroid.  I believe it is prescribed much too easily without a lot of good lab studies to back it up.  I am going to try to wean myself off the synthroid and then get tested by my Dr.  I have the feeling, my TSH will be just fine without the synthroid.  Thanks for the input and info.
Thanks for your support.
I am working with a Natra path physician and he really believes that it is never just thyroid, but that is what the blood tests look for, most of the time, it is cortisol levels and adrenals too. But no ever tests those routinely, if you have adrenal issues, then it also messes your thyroid up. Holistically speaking, the entire system is probably out of whack.

So, I am doing a 'drug' cleanse whilst doing the hCG protocol.

In a few weeks I'll have my adrenals tested and go from there.

It is wasn't hard for me to wean off the thyroxine at all, which makes me and my dr. think that i cannot be that hypo....if that makes sense.

Bitten
My thyroid was removed about 5 years ago, I am on Synthroid, the weight keeps piling on. Does anyone know if thyroid problems is reason for lap band surgery ? A friend says that there are reasons why a Dr. wont do surgery.
Can you go off all thyroid medication eventually with the hcg diet? I am noticing that my temps are rizing to 98.7-98.9. I am not feeling as good on it and I am wondering if I am becoming hyper and should quit the thyroid meds. I am only taking t-3 now. Also, how long can you take Hcg for? I have been reading that you can't take more then 40 injections. I feel the Hcg is resetting my thyroid which went hypo after my second child.  
I had the lap band surgery and lost a lot of weight.  Then I had to have my thyroid removed.  I have been on synthroid for almost a year and I have slowly gained almost 30 pounds.

I had more problems with insurance than with the doctor approving the surgery.  I ended up paying for it myself and now I'm gaining weight.

I'm going to try the hcg diet as my sister has been on it and is doing great.

Kristi
I have low cortisol levels and low blood pressure.  Is the Hcg diet ok to do while this is my condition?  COuld it even raise my levels somewhat which would be great if it did, but mostly concerned about not harming myself further if I try to Hcg diet at this time.  Ty for input!
I am very concerned about my Thyroid.  I was diagnosed w/Hypothyroidism in 2001.  My TSH was like 10.75 we got it maintained at about 1.5 and have been fine up until recently.  I had my thyroid checked and it was back to 10.75 only thing I did different was I went on HCG.  My doc upped my meds to 2.00 said I might feel too much energy and loose some weight being over medicated but he wanted to give it a hard jump.  Well, I feel no different then they day I walked in.  I feel normal and I have not lost any weight w/the med increase.  I was successful in HCG lost 25 lbs last year but i gained 12 back.  I am on it again and only have lost 10lbs.  I am skeptical not sure if its my thyroid causing issues w/HCG because my husband lost 40lbs.