Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Vitamin B12 shots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Vitamin B12 shots

I went to a weight loss doctor recently who gave me a vitamin B shots. It's so expensive that I thought I'd find a way that I can do it myself.  I did some research and saw some postings on this topic on this website from April and June. Then on that same page under "Ads by Google" I was a website and sells Vitamin injections which is just what I'm looking for.  The problem is from past experiences I do not want to purchase from a business which does not have a phone number and the only means of communication is via email. I emailed this company, which is www.zalmo.com and asked for a phone number. What I got back was an unrelated Ad.  Does anyone have any other resources they would recommend?
I assume you have been diagonosed with pernicious anemia or the inability for your body to absorb vitamin B12. I am not doctor but I would never inject anything into my body which hasn't had FDA approval and was done by a nurse or a doctor.  

If the injections are not injected into a vein, but into muscle or fat you may be able to do this at home and save some money.

If your body can absrob vitamin B12 just fine and you are a vegitarian or vegan then you can take a cheap OTC pill. But these pills smell very bad and can make a person nauseous.

This is just my opinion and you shoud further discuss it with your docotor.

I appreciate your opinion. I work in a medical for a corporation and the nurse I work with did tell me it's injected into the muscle and I could tell that the doctor was also injecting it into muscle at my upper arm. She also said the same thing you did which is to take a pill.  I will try it but I have never felt more energetic and at peace since taking the shot.
Yes B12 is injected via a muscle - normally upper arm if you can take the sting - but Vit B12 is only injected if you are deficient in it, like the last poster stated if you suffer from pernicious anemia, which is the inability to make B12 in your body you need regular shots to make you feel normal and to stave off the serious affects of the deficiency.  B12 when you aren't deficient does give you energy but doesn't help you lose weight not in the long-term anyway. It may however increase your ability to exercise, which in turn helps your metabolism quicken. Taking an abundance of any vitamin? well I think the Doc's would say the Jury is still out on that one! Be careful.

j
To echo what's been said: it's a rare individual who actually needs B12 injections. The vast majority of doctors who prescribe it for weight loss are either very misinformed or are deliberately ripping their patients off.
I have taken B12 at the doctors office for weightloss and seen results.  I have lost 90 pounds on phentermine and B-12.  I would go to the weightloss doctor once every three weeks.  The week I would go and get the shot, I would lose more weight than the other two weeks.
I just wanted to let you know that you can take B12 in liquid under the tongue, the reports that I have read say that it is just as effective as the shots. I purchased my liquid B12 at vitaminworld.com. Just wanted to let you know my personal experience, I hope this helps you.
Vaney what is the brand name of the shots you purchase?
I live in Alpharetta, GA.  Does anyone know any physcians in my area that gives the B12 shot?  My aunt in Savannah swears by them!
If you are interested in getting injections, I know for fact that if you have a Physicians Weight Loss Center in or around your area you can go there and recieve them from an actual nurse, who can monitor you.  They are generally about 10-12$ per shot, but they last a week. If you arent sure if there is one around you, go to www.pwlc.com and go to locate a center. Type in your zip and it will tell you the closest. I do this at a center where I am from and I love IT!! Good Luck
which website did you go to for the b12 shots for ordering and information? how long have you been taking them?have you lost any weight?are you on a strict diet? if so what are you eating? and how often are you taking the shots?what mcg. do you use? the 100 or 500 i know they have 1000
i just took my first shot today i will let you all know how i do in 3weeks
Hi Everyone, I've got your answer.  We have an energy drink that is mainly B vitamins and mostly B12.  It's 8 calories, no sugar no carbs and actually tastes great!  We have several different flavors caffeinated and non.  Please email me and I'll get you some more info.  ***@****
It doesn't work in weight loss.  Full stop.  No arguments on this.  I know because I am a professional working in biochemistry.  This stupid push for Vitamin B12 is a marketing ploy to gain money.  The basis originates because people who have had gastric bypasses and achieve serious weight loss through surgery cannot absorb Vitamin B12 into their systems through normal digestion.  As one of the other posters commented, this should only be used for severe medical conditions.  Normal food intake will provide all the B12 that you nutritionally need.  Don't fall for this con.  Excess Vitamin B12 can do serious damage to your body.
wow - I take a vitamin b12 supplement once daily - can that hurt me if I don't need it?  I can honestly say I've only been taking it for two weeks and have lost 11lbs - just out of no where - there has to be some connection??
I have recently checked out a clinic here in San Diego cost is so high I hear the injections work the best ant one know where I can find these injection for cheaper then $429.00  the nurse said the pills dont work I heard about the drops does anyone know if they really work?
I know a place in Alabama that you can get one b12 injection and one lipotropic injection a week for $100.00 per month.  The receptionist has Lupus and swears by it!  I have talked to several of their customers that say the energy level us wonderful, however most of them are on appetite suppressants as well.  So I am unsure if the energy is from the shots or the medication.  Any help?
the quetion is does it work? do these shots work? any one tried this and have it work?
THEY GIVE U THE ENERGY TO GET URE  BUTT UP AND MOVING ..THATS ALL ..BUT IF U COMBINE THEM WIHT DIET AND DO GET UP AND MOVE THEN U WILL BE SUCESSFUL..IF U R GONNA TAKE JUST THE SHOT AND DO NOTHING MORE ...SKIP IT ..IT WILL NOT WORK 4 U..
OK....my local pharmacy sells B shots which include 1 shot plus one needle for 7 dollars.  I have a friend whom is  a nurse inject it into my arm muscle because she says it is the best place for obsorption if you can tolerate it.  I have anemia and need to take the shots once per week.  It has not helped with weight problems...I assure you that!  It is my understanding that if you can tolerate it then just take a b complex vitamin you can buy at walmart (they have a high degree of turn over in their vitamins and so you are getting fresh and inexpensive all at once, further my doctor tells me that walmart checks their sources and is accountable in the long run when things go wrong.... ie recalls etc)
Okay, here's my experience, I visited the doc for the shots.  He prescribes me adepex (sp) and gave me an injection of B12. I eat only vegetables (no corn, no peas(too much starch)), lean protein, and one carb product (1 slice of bread, half bagel, one tortilla, a day, oh and one egg and I've lost at least 7-10 lbs in the first two weeks.  The pounds just melt off.  

I swear it works, you just have to stick to the diet.  I go once every two weeks. No alcohol cause it does something to the benefits of the B12.  I don't care what any of these so called chemists or surgeons say on this site, it really really works.  Also, you can buy a B12 patch now too.  
Hello Everyone,

At a starting weight of 393, I was nervous about sharing my information on here becuse I have found that I am the heaviest person on the forum......I am almost tripple the weight of some of you (smile). Anyhow, I have been scoping out this site and reading much information on here for the last 2 weeks. Now that I finally decided to Register, allow me to introduce myself....

I currently reside in Northern California and received my first shot last Wednesday. I went for my second shot today and I lost 10lbs. Though that is great, I feel like if I would have actually drank water and excercised, I could have lost more (even though most of it is water weight). My strict diet and additional medications that were provided have helped as well.

I look forward to participating in the conversations and loosing more weight :) Have a wonderful day!
GOOD LUCK TO U....I HAVE LOST  33 PDS ....MOST OF MY MOTIVATION COMES FROM THE ACTIVE LOW CARBER FORUM..CK THEM OUT....LOTS OF GREAT IDEAS THERE
I have tried everything to lose weight and it seems that no matter what I do nothing works! I heard about these shots from one of my coworkers and she swears by them. She said that she went to the doctor every 2 weeks and got the shots and these pills that you are supposed to take. The doctor gives you a diet for you to follow, and exersice speeds things up. I am very interested in trying this. Does it work it or am I just throwing my money away?
I have joined a Weight Loss Clinic. Which you can Google (Tidewater Weight Loss Clinic) Anyway I have been a member for 3 months now and have reached my goal of losing 40 pounds. I receive a B12 shot water pills, and also an appetite suppressant. I must say that when I first joined my Doctor told me B12 shots alone DO NOT cause you to lose weight but give you the extra energy some people need to get up off their butts. I  also did not stay on the appetite suppressant. I took that for 1 month just so I could get off the junk food and start eating better. Which is the most important thing because that helps to keep the weight off. So for me I would defiantly recommend it. Good Luck To You.....  
Okay folks here is my comment on the B-12 shots. My dr. ordered them three times a week for me this summer.  The cost is $12 from Walgreens here in Indiana for the B-12 itself and my needles are covered under insurance. (Dr. will write two scripts, one for needles and one for the B-12.) I take 1,000mg shots, self administered in the thigh fat which is called sub-q. I have thyroid disease, newly diagnosed this year, do not absorb B-12 by stomach, and I am anemic. After taking these shots all summer and then stopping in Sept I have noticed that A) I did loose weight that I have carried for over 15 years that I could never loose B) I felt I had more energy and felt AWAKE in the afternoons C) IT helped my thyroid problem and my hair started to grow again. When I stopped in September for about 3-4 weeks I noticed a drain on energy, the middle weight came back on, my hair is getting thin again, and my attitude is getting worse. I absolutely will tell you to go get the shots if you know that you don't overeat and can't loose weight with regular activity. I will also tell you that you might have other things going on like thyroid problems where even a T-3 or T-4 level might be normal! Maker sure your dr. runs a thyroid antibody as well because if this is high, your body is attacking your thyroid and it is a matter of time before you will have problems. Should this cost an arm and a leg? NO WAY! Don't get screwed money wise because this is not expensive. Get a check up, some labs, and ask for the shots and how to do it at home yourself -- there is no need to go pay for a dr. visit. For the scaredy cats....if little kids can take insulin shots for jvd, you can shoot a short needle into your fat, it really doesn't hurt, seriously. Remember that you HAVE to take other b complex vitamins with the shots so it is more effective. I was told to take a good multivitamin (one that is either liquid capsule or actually can be digested OTC vitamins at dept stores do not even melt in a glass of water after several hours); and ORTHO B complex which costs between $12-$18 for two months. Don't forget fish oil several times a day which helps with so many things from heart, cholesterol, insulin, weight, etc. Please research (mercola.com), use your brains, don't get taken to the bank and I am not a dr. so sue me, lol.
Thank You for providing this information to me. That forum is has a lot of great information on it. How long have you been on the shot? How much weigh loss do you average per week now that you have been on the shot for a while?
For some reason I did not get the huge energy boost that most of you are speaking of. Is there anyone else other than me who didn't get it?

I guess it affects everyone differently. For example, it makes my friend drip and pur sweat all day. I am so glad i didnt get hit with that (smile).
10 WEEKS NOW , 34 PDS TODAY . I ONLY WEIGH ONCE A WEEK AND AND SO FAR MY PATTERN IS DOWN 4-7 PDS  NEXT WEEK UP 2PDS ..THEN DOWN 4-7 AND THEN UP 1-OR 2 PDS...BUT STARTED AT 272 AND TODAY IM 238...THE FIRST TIME I WENT UP 2 PDS I WAS WORRIED BUT NOW IVE COME TO EXPECT IT . I KNOW WHAT IVE EATEN IS ON TRACK AND IT IS GONNA GO UP AND DOWN BUT OVER ALL IM DOWN, SO IM GOOD.  BESIDES THE WEEKS I SEEM TO GO UP A LITTLE IN WEIGHT MY INCHES GO DOWN . GO FIGURE . REGAURDLESS OF WHAT ANYONE SAYS  , IM HAPPY IT IS WORKING FOR ME. I HAVENT SEEN MANY FOLKS HERE THOUGH THAT POST MUCH AFTER LOSING A FEW PDS.IT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR FROM SOME WHO HAVE LOST MORE THAN 30 PDS
I totally agree. Is everyone going to different forums or something? I know that I need to get on the ball. The couple of days I have hardly been eating or drinking water. and today, i am going to eat a ffew things that i shouldnt. i really have to get this time management together, ih ope i still lost! i havent excercised either :(
I HAVENT DONE MUCH EXCERCISING EITHER ..BUT I AM PARKING MY CAR FARTHER AWAY TO TRY TO GET MY SELF READY ..AND YES I USE THE ...ACTIVE LOW CARBER ....FORUM ALOT TO KEEP ME ON TRACK ...
I am a 40 year old mother of 5 and have normally weighed between 130-140lbs.  Over the last year
I have picked up an additional 40lbs and I'm miserable with myself.  I have tried so many diets all to lose a few pounds and thats it.  I'm very active in life.  I haven"t drank a soda or had bread or pasta in 6 months.  I drink the recomended 8-12 cups of water daily and even cut out sugar from my diet entirely.  I have until Christmas to loose 40lbs. and I need some help.  I am totally miserable with all of this extra weight, not only has it effected my self image of me but I dont feel good health wise. my back hurts all the time I'm tired all of the time and non of my clothes fit.  Someone please give me some advice
DOWN NOW 37 PDS ....HAHAHA
I've tried all sorts of supplement before but B-complex helped me with a number of things.  I've had a high blood pressure so i've decided to on diet and take B complex pills.  My diet included mostly
vegetables.  No meat and dairy products.  Very little sugar and salt.  Mostly fresh unprocessed food.
It lowered my blood pressure and elped to loose weight.  It also eliminated dandruff and facial skin breakout.
My husband and I would love to loose some weight. 30 lbs for me and 50 for him. We live a very busy and public life. We don't have time to excercise, and carbs enter our life weekly unfortunately.
We have discussed the B-12 shots, but a nurse friend of ours is very leary of them. She is afraid in the long term they might affect our organs. Other than weight problems, we are in very good health.
I am wondering if we should even try these shots. We have many friends who are taking the shots with wonderful results! which makes it very tempting. Are you in the medical field?
Is there anything safe to take that is an appitite suppresent? Maybe that is all we need before we leave home. Thanks for any information.
I have tried hoodia patches and did not find them to work. I ordered them from curbyourcravings.com, there was a CBS special on hoodia this past Spring I believe and one of the anchors said she found them to work for her, so I tried them...maybe I didn't give them enough time? Another friend that takes B-12 shots but not as frequent anymore said to try Chromium Picolinate if I don't want to go with the shots. Thank you for the information.
Can you recommend a good brand? I am lost in knowing anything about brands.Thanks again.
hey,how r u i just wanted to ask u if u have to have a prescription to get them?but its ok im goin to get one when i go to my doctor next week.im  just not sure if hes goin to get me one...well see pls leave me mess. thanks.
Hi All!
I noticed the B12 thread and wanted to see what everyone thinks about it.  I personally do the B12 (always did them when I was in college back in the late 70's) and did really well with them, so I thought I'd try them again.  My B12 also has the Lipotropics mixed with it to help me with weightloss as well... and it really seems to be working.  I found a place on the web at MyDietSolutions where I can purchase the B12 injections really reasonably and Dr. Gates and his staff are really, really great.  Everyone needs to find what works for them personally, and there's no "miracle in a bottle"... we all have to do our part as far as exercise, diet and drinking that water LOL!
I take the B12 shot every 2 weeks.  I also have several friends who take the shots.  I do not take it for weight loss, but more for the energy that I seem to gain from it. My mornings are always better, i find it easier to get up and get going.  I have another friend who takes it for weight loss along with diet and excersise.  She has seen fantastic results, losing a whopping 65 pds in less than a year.  And here is the best part.  She is keeping it off.  When you are losing weight you need the energy that the vitamin B12 gives you. But YOU CAN NOT TAKE THE SHOT ALONE.  YOU HAVE TO DIET AND EXCERSISE!!!!! As we all know there is no easy way to lose weight.  It takes sacrifice and you have to watch what you eat and you have to excersise!!! We(my girlfriends and a couple of our husbands) all take Vitamin B12 complex, we buy it from a veternarian supply store.  They give it to animals but it is the same thing.  My doctor told me that, and so did hers.  we give the shot to each other.  The bottle cost like 8.00, you get alot of shots from one bottle.  
You're absolutely right about the diet and exercise... we can't expect ANYTHING... be it in a pill, a bottle, or plastic surgery... to do it all for us.  I used to work for a plastic surgeon in Texas and I'd say women pay out the wazoo to get all the weight cut off, sucked out, or sewn up only to be right back at the place they started years later because they never changed their lifestyle!  Now a tummy tuck does exactly that... tightens your stomach mucles up, causing you to tuck it in... but the fat that was removed will just come back if nothing else changes.

As for the B12... I'm a firm believer in it.  It got me through college and through a horrible bout of Mono when I was up all night studying for exams and stressing out... it's wonderful.  I love the fact that things like the Lipotropics can be added to it to also help with supporting the liver (especially important if you've ever had anything like Mono or gone through any chemotherapy) to help it rid the toxins, carbohydrates and fats... love the stuff and don't want to be without it!

I am now at my halfway goal of weightloss as of today... I'm happy.
can you take b12 in a pill form and have the same effects as the shots?
Hi I'm from Rhode Island. I need to lose 75lbs. Do I have a see a doctor before taking the shots? or can I just purchase them on the web? Does anyone know a Dr. that prescribe the b12 in Rhode Island?
does anyone recommend B12 vitamins and not the shot? OR DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET THE SHOT CLOSE TO BERKELEY, CA?  I am just now getting hip to this weight loss supplement. Please give me some feedback.
Rosa good going, I want to hear more about your success with the b-12 shot and the phentermine, I mean did it really do wonders for your figure.
Girl how long did it take for the combo to start working for you. When did you really start to see results.
Hey lady sounds like you've had to go out buy new clothes, tell me if the b-12 in liquid form really work. And how much did you really lose.
I went to a doc in NYC who gave me shots of b12 and i lost 20lbs and have never had more energy in my life.  Due to travel i was not able to see him as much anymore and wondered if anyone knew of another dietician in NYC who gives shots.  His name is Dr. levine but please be prepared for a tough line to be part of his program and his diet is close to anorexia

I live in Roanoke Rapids, NC - does anyone know of a doctor here or near here that gives the B12 injections and the phentermine weight loss program?????? Thanks.
I am in Ft. Lauderdale Florida..Does anyone know of a Doctor that does the B12 and phentermine weight loss probram

Wonderful information shared here on this site.  I too had wonderful success with B shots.  I did the Dr. Berstein clinic in Canada (also in the usa) and lost about 20 pounds in 2 months.  I have a few comments.  The calorie intake is about 850 a day!!!  Alot of initial water loss, but it still is less weight to lug around.  This is a low carb low fat diet.  VERY hard to stick to.  I must declare that the first 8 weeks were a real high for me.  There is no need for appetite suppresants, as the lack of carbs alone will suppress your appetite.  I am currently looking for alternative.  I do think that you need Dr. followup (blood checked, BP checked etc.). Be smart and don't see this life as one of dieting, but one of having the smarts to lively healthy.  God Bless....you are all wanting change (me too) and that means MAKING A CHANGE.....
I am 64 years old, had a hysterectomy 20 yrs ago. After 8 years of suffering weight gain and hot flashes my DR. gave me injectable hormone therapy along with B12 injections, 1 ml once monthly. I have been slim and trim all this time with more energy than a lot of young people I work with. I had to find a new Dr. recently, that decided I didn't need the B12 injections and refused to give me a prescription for it. In 2 months I have gained 12lbs, mostly belly fat and my energy level is nil. I have found you can order B12 over the internet w/o a prescription which I have already done. I definately recommend the B12 injection for the energy and the maintenance of weight loss.
I just started the B12 on March 10 after a friend did so well with the program.  I go back on March 31 for my second shot.  I can't wait to see how I do.  I started at 237.  My goal is 155.
Are you taking any meds, or just the B12 alone?  
Does anyone know where I can get a b-12shot in the houston, texas area.  My sister gets them, she lives in San Diego and she has had GREAT success.
where did your sister get her b12 shots in san diego and how much did it cost.  did she have to follow a strict diet and do exercise? the last time i got mine was 2 years ago but in Mexico.
xxx curious
My sister goes to Mexico for her shot and med prescription.  She pays $100 per visit
she tries  to eat well and she does exercise alot.
does she get the shots every two weeks in tijuana and then take an appetite suppressant and a vitamin called "cholal" to help the liver? if so we might be going to the same doctor .  i go to tijuana mexico but i have not been there lately only because of the violence that has been going on down there my boyfriend won't let me go so i was hoping she would know of a local doctor in san diego that i can go to.  the last time i took the shots started may 2005 and by september of that same year i had lost 30 lbs.  although i did exercise alot the shot helped get me going and the appetite suppresants were so powerful that i could only eat a handful but had a lot of energy.  i had to stop taking the shots bcuz family and frenz were telling me that i started to look anorexic.  i went from 154 to 124
I think my sister goes once a month to Tijuana.  I tried to warn her about the violence down there.  Not sure when she has last gone.  not sure what suppressant they gave her either.  I am wondering if the shot alone,given the enery boost will help.  I really dont want to do the suppressants that boost your heart beat.  Congratulations on the weight loss !!!!!  Keep in touch.
On feb 26th  I started at the Bariatric Clinic in Pittsburgh, with the B6/12 combo along with a water pill (doc said i was retaining about 7 lbs of water) and also adapex appetite suppressant  and they give you a diet ,but I decided to do a variation of the 1000 cal a day with no artificial sweetners no sugar basically no carbs for excelleration of weight loss. it is now march 24th, I saw the doctor today, I have lost 22 lbs. in one month. I feel great and my house never looked cleaner I have sooo much energy. I go for a shot a day mon - fri, this is not inexpensive though , about $ 350 a month but who can put a price on self esteem and lots of energy?
I am going to my primary physican and would like to know what to ask for is it B12 shots or something else I know that I can get the appetitie suppressant but want to also ask for the right shot. My appointment is 4/2 if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. Is there anyone in the Raleigh area that may be able to assist me.
i want to know the same thing as some of the other posters have asked.....for those of you taking the b12 shots and/or lipo shots are you taking the shots ONLY or meds as well?
For me, I am taking phentermine and 1/2 a water pill daily along with the b12 and lipo.
I just recently started taking the B-12 shots and I love the results!! They are kind of pricey though, not to mention it's kind of a hassle making the appts with my Dr. every two weeks just for the shot.  I saw online that there are some pharmacies that you can buy the B-12 injections from.  Has anyone had any experiences with this?  Do you mind sharing your thoughts?

Thanks!!
I get them from Dr. Gates at mydietsolutions (dot com).  They are affordable and the company is reputable and US based.  I have been actually really surprised and their quality of products and the customer service.  There is a phone number, too (someone mentioned that about another place not having one and it is a bit shifty, I agree).  Good luck!
Does anyone know where to go for Vit B shots in Fort Mill sc/ Charlotte nc?? thanks!
Does anyone have underlying anxiety and still take the phentermine and b 12 shots?  My doctor says I'm probalby not a candidate for phentermine since I take celexa for depressoin and anxiety.  

Ocassionally, very occasionally, I take a xanax or valium type med.

Thanks, Roche

I have high blood pressure and my doctor said I probably cannot take the appetite suppresent.  Any one have high blood pressure and taking the suppresent and the b-12?  Someone said something about the liver.  I also have high cholosterol.

A lady mentioned earlier that she orders her shots from a Vet Supply store online. What should I be looking for when I am deciding on which bottle to order? How many cc are you supposed to take in one shot once a week?
i have just started the B-12 shot so cross your fingers please and its here in Philadelphia Dr. Fisher Wieghtloss Clinic...
I have just started the Vit. B Shots and the first day I felt a difference!  The second day I was "Dragging".  I just took another one, but I am hooked on it now.  If I just feel "A little better", it's worth it for me!  My Aunt use to take them and she loved the way she felt!  It has to get into you system I'm sure, before you really fell the effects.

Thank you,

I live in Canada. Here there is a clinic called Dr. Bernstein's Diet and Health Clinic.  I think they opened a branch in Florida too.    I lost 40 pounds in 3 month.  And I did get Vitamin B6 and B12 shots 3 times a week.   Also, i took potassium pills everyday.  The nurses monitor by checking the urine samples to see if my body produces Ketones.

The way this diet works is that you have to follow the strict Diet along with the shots(to give yourself energy during the diet).   The diet kind of tricks your body to believe that you are starving yourself.   So, the body produced something called Ketone and your body goes into state of Ketosis.  In this state, your body burns fat.  

Vitamin B6, B12 injection and Potassium pill helps you feel energized during this strict diet.

Works faster than any diet I tried.

However, as with all other diets, it's hard to maintain them.....
Be very careful taking potassium supplements.  Make sure your levels are being monitored by your MD.  High potassium in the body is lethal!
I was complaining to a friend that I am overworked and am just feeling kinda fatigued so I mentioned that I am hoping to find extra energy with metabolife (I need to lose 25 pounds). He recommended  Bedoyecta injections every other day and the Bedoyecta pill every other day in between.  So I bought it and I took my first shot yesterday and my first pill today.  I dont feel any major difference I am hoping I am not just taking a placebo :( .
If anybody has any experience or advice please let me know
I have the B12/Lipo shot last Monday (8/25) and have been taking Phenterrmine too.  So today is day 6 for me and I have only lost 1 1/2lbs so far.  I'm hoping that my body is just taking it's time at kicking in.  Anyone else ever loose slow like this but still have good results?
For those of you taking B12 shots or injections and are tired of the rip off expense, the pain and the inconvience, ask your doctor about CaloMist Nasal Spray.  It is equivalent to the IM injections but goes through the nose.  One spray each nostril once per day.  Go to www.****.com for more information.  
i live in Canada, and my doctor sid that she would give me the Vitamin B12 andB6 shots if I could find out the amounts given in each shot. Can antone help me? My niece went to Dr. Bernstein and lost alot of weight, but she is not aware of how much was in each shot. Thanks
Most likely, when you have been or are dieting for a long time, you are probably not getting all the vitamins you need daily and may feel weak and have low energy levels. I've crashed dieted in the past to the point I felt faint. Additionally, when your metabolism slows down because your body thinks it's starving, your energy levels will lower. B-12 is supposed to give you more energy. One would think that B-12 sparks the metabolism and gives you more energy instead of allowing the metabolism to become sluggish while dieting. Additionally, the better you feel taking B-12, the more likely you are to be more active and burn more calories. The combination of decreasing calories while burning more calories by taking B-12  seems a good combination. HOWEVER,  I would be cautious about taking large doses of anything without knowing what the side effects are -both short and long term - on your body. If anyone has knowledge of the effect of large doses of B-12 when the body doesn't need B-12, I'd be interested to know. I have an underactive thyroid that causes me to have no energy and also is responsible for weight gain and the inability to lose weight. There could be other medical issues causing weight gain and low energy levels that should be considered prior to taking B-12 shots.
Does anyone know if a place in Maryland where I can get the B12 & Lipotropic shot?
someone help me 7 months ago I had my baby and you stop giving chest per suvi quite'm in the weight of 270 pounds and my weight is 200 pounds and can change about a doctor's appointment?
I have a friend that started using the shots and she had lost 70 pds in 4 months, she feels extremely happy and I am considering this method to loose weight since I weight 269 pds. I would keep checking this forum for new comments of loosing weight this way

Be careful with Zalmo.com it is a fraud. the most time no arrive anything, others receive deteriorations products. I payed 485$ in vitamins and aminoacids like taurine, arginine, vitamin C.... and never they send me anything. I recommend do not buy in Zalmo.com or gerovital.co.ro
42ncounting                                                                                      I took my first b12/lipo b shot on tuesday and today is friday and I started my phentermine pills today at first I felt like I could run for miles but now it is the end of the day and I feel exhuasted even worst I went out to eat and ate 2 tacos and a little rice now I am feeling so guilty since I really want to loose weight do you think this will mess up the injections and pills?
I started doing the B12+ shots at home after my doctor did them and i saw great results.  However, i just gave myself one in my thigh and now my upper let is kind of numb.  Has anyone else had this and is it serious?
I was exercising every week 3& 4 times a week I was eating a lot of fruits and vegetables also,but my weight was not moving it kept staying the same or I would have gain a few more pounds.I continued this for 7 months and the results were not that noticeable.I noticed a lot of women on my job were dropping there weight faster and they were taking the B 12 shot,appetite suppressants and fluid pills.I started on Aug.18th and today I have lost a total of 12lbs and it is very noticeable.I am definitely going to continue until I have reached my weight of 125.I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol as well,the fluid pills have lowered my blood pressure to a normal reading.I take the appetite suspressant in the morning on an empty stomach and the fluid pills any time of day I feel like it,most of the time after I get home from work.Please dod not take these pills together like I first did after geting my first B 12 shot along with my allergy pill,It landed me in the hospital with servere chest pains.I was fasting and had to eat and take any medication that I take befor the sun rise,so I took them all at one time,I won't do that again,I space them a t least 3 to 4 hours apart now and that works for me.The B 12 has to have some fat burning capabilities because when I get the shot I lose the weight faster and it seems to be mostly where I have the fat at,around my waist and stomach.Its worth a try,you have nothing to lose but fat and inches.Also I did get a physical and blood work done before they would put me  on this plan.
Hey, wanted to throw my 2 cents in!!  I was diagnosed three years ago with MS.  My neuro did a B12 level on me during my initial visit and it was withing normal limits.  This summer, I had horrible neuropathy.  I saw several doctors and not one of them cared to investigate to why I had the neuropathy.  I researched it on the net and found out a B 12 defiency can cause it.  I knew my dad took B vitamins faithfully.  I asked him and he said he did have a defieciency.  I told my neuro's nurse and she said to remind her to check my level when I came in.  I did, and now I have to take shots.  When I was diagnosed with MS I had to take massive amounts of steroids.  I have gained so much weight.  Hoping to lose it.  I will keep ya'll updated on what the shots do.  Now I wonder if I have pernicious anemia or not.  Will have to keep digging and prodding physicians to get anything done I guess.
I am 35, 3 kids, been diagnosed with hypothyroid, hypoglycemic, anemic-you name it.  I have spent most of my life between 115/130 lbs at 5'4''.  Now I have been 160 since my youngest was born 2 yrs 3 months ago, and I have many hypthyroid or anemic(iron) symptoms.  I also was diagnosed celiac 10 yrs ago.
My diet is very restrictive and I can't stand seafood.  As soon as I looked up Vitamin b12 deficiency 2 days ago, I am convinced that is actually what is wrong.  NOW: Dr's say that if you eat a "well-rounded" diet, you are fine for B12.  WELL, clearly that means that if you eat a serving of LIVER, or MOLLUSKS-(clam/mussels/oysters) ATLEAST once per week.  These are the foods high in B12, NOT ANY OTHERS.  for instance, you would have to eat 1pound of lamb per day to get a normal daily intake, or you would have to eat 15 egg yolks per day.  
I have taken the B shot a couple times, but I personally do not believe in shots, I believe in eating vitamins as they naturally occur. PLUS, it is on the net under some areas that it is important to eat oth b vitamins at the same time as b12 for optimal absorption.
SO women, (and any men) I am going to start eating LIVER!  Liver has about 95% of the vitamins AND trace minerals we need on a weekly basis in one serving.  And because they are all balanced in a perfect food tyoe way already, my absorption rate should be way better than pills and shots.
Didn't any of you grow up with mums or grammas who would force you to eat liver once per week? Or give you pate, not telling you it was liver pate? WELL guess what! They were operating on ancient nutritional wisdom.  Hope this helps someone,
Lovingly--Ree
to your comment of rare individual.  You should really get your facts straight before making that type of comment.  I mentor a HUGE group of B12 deficient idividuals.  I myself am B12 deficient.  I am a quadriplegic due to this deficiency and doctors are finding more and more patients with pernicious anemia.  Those that have had gastric bypass will be B12 deficient and develop malabsorption problems for B12 & Iron.
The shot is a gimmic.  Ask any Hemotologist.
Have you tried the B12 patch? Vita Sciences makes one, and the site's easy to remember- b12patch.com

Some people like myself can eat all the meat they want, and still become deficient in B12. It's about absorption. Some digest B12, but some don't. I've been using my B12 patch to great satisfaction.

Good luck, whichever route you decide.
Hoe stoppen met rokenHet is echter helemaal niet makkelijk om op die manier te stoppen met roken. Hier leest u hoe stoppen met roken wel gemakkelijk kan.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'd planned to visit a clinic for the shots, but after viewing your comment I've decided to purchase the liquid and give a try. Very helpful comment!!!
Look in the yellow pages under laboratories and call them all asking the price of a B12 injection.  That's what I did, and found one in Anchorage for $18 each and no doctor's prescription required, administered by real nurses and doctors.