Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Weight Loss for Disabled Persons

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Weight Loss for Disabled Persons

I would like to get either an experts help with this or a doctors help, please.
As stated in my profile, I am handicapped (BKA and have Chiari Malformation)
My question is this, I have tried all the "fad" diets and do what exercise I can (limited mobility due to prosthetic) and was wondering if someone would please help me with figuring out which exercises I can benefit the most from and what sort of diet can help me to shed the pounds. (I am not looking for a miracle here, just something that will work)!
I am 44 years old, that coupled with my disabilities, is starting to pack on the pounds. I have always been a small person so this is making me very conscientious. And is draining my self esteem down to the basement. And I prefer not to go on the "slim fast and exlax" diet that so many my age seem to do. I respect myself more than that. Thank you for your time and patience with me on this matter.
Marie
Track your weight over time