Weight Loss
I will turn 56 years old at the end of this month.  I went through menopause when I had my hysterectomy 18 years ago.  I quit my job last June.  Since then I have gained approx 15 pounds.  I also decreased the amount of Effexor I was taking form 150 to 75 and now 37.5mg.  I now work out about 3 times a week, cardio and weight training.  Do any of you think that the Slim Quick I just purchased will help me lose this weight, soon?
Also, does my reduction of Effexor have anything to do with my weight gain?  I
I am on Effexor and thought that it was affecting my ability to lose weight.   You seem to think the opposite that is reducing the Effexor is making you gain weight. I wonder what affect if any Effexor has. It may depend on the individual.  As a side note did you have any withdrawal symptoms?  I may reduce my dosage later this year.
I wanted to respond to your posts.  I took Effexor for 11 years and was just recently able to get off of it.  My experience is different for most but familiar with Golah56.  I have gained about 10 pounds in just 3 weeks after stopping the medication.  It's a nightmare, I feel like I can't control it no matter what I do.  I'm really struggling with it so if anyone gets answers, please let me know.  Withdrawl from this drug is a true nightmare, I can't even begin to list my side effects.  Just be very careful and do not do it without being under the supervision of a doctor.