Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Weight Loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Weight Loss

Hi All,

I have gained 30 pounds over the last year due to going from a very active job to a very sedentary job.  I also work long hours.  For the past three months I have been working out 3 days a week with a personal trainer.  I have only lost 3 pounds!  I also watch what I eat.  Any suggestions?  I am getting extremely frustrated and discouraged.  To make matter worse, I am getting married in three weeks and am so down about my size.  Help!
Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!!! ok...I am nobody to tell you facts and fiction but....

You are working out now after a long haul of nothing. So you are gaining muscle weight. Muscle weighs more then fat. So where the scale may say you lost only 3 pounds, you lost more fat and gained more muscle. Scales are horrible mean creature and should all be burned. lol

You shouldnt be using the scale as your advice line to how well you are doing...the BEST course is the measuring tape.

Find out how many inches you are losing. Did you lose 1 inch? 2 inches? and so on.

You are doing well. Eating healthy and working out is the best way to do this.
Plus you are only 30 pounds over weight. Even with a high 2 percetn fat loss a week, you are only talking about a pound or less. But remember, if you are gaining lean muscle with your new work outs, that will seem less on the scale, so dont beat yourself up and listen/talk to your trainer.

Good Luck and Congrats again!!
Yeah, i agree with Satriana, i weigh in once a week just to see! i also measure myself once a week to see if ive lost inches! I also like the little thing (not sure what it's called lol) that measures my fat % and then go by the chart! My gym has one, not sure if you can buy i yourself! Im sure you can! But, i go by my fat % # and the inches i've lost! I'd love to say " I weigh 110 again!" but i want muscle ans like satriana said muscle weighs more than fat, so my goal is around 120- 125! I hope this helps! And congrations on your wedding!! Good Luck!