Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Weight Loss...using Phentermine?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Weight Loss...using Phentermine?

I was wondering who has lost weight using Phentermine? Does anyone have any great stories to tell?
I like it real well...I am just wondering what everyone else thinks about the med.
I have been on Phen for a month and have lost about 20 pounds.
Hello \ Congrats

Wish I was saying I lost 20 lbs on phen.  I can say it does work for a short period of time.  About two weeks for me, then I get hungry again.

Are you taking the HCG & B12 shots with the product?

Wow!  20 pounds in one month is great!  I posted earlier about using Adipex (phentermine) on 3/31.  I lost 10 lbs the 1st week, but also took a water pill.  I take the phen/Adipex in am (37.5 mg) and a 1/2 around 4:00.  It is not the slow release form.  I also get B6/B12 shots 5 days a week.  

OK:  The phentermine.  It does make you a little crazy!  I mean, jittery, energetic, HOT!  It makes me a little dizzy and I feel as if my heart is beating faster than normal. I could not fall asleep/sleep well the 1st week.   I think those side-efffects calm down after some time and I've read on this forum that the appetite suppressing effect wears off after a time.  It'll be 2 weeks this Thurs.  I don't think I can do the Phen for 6 months if I do not adjust to it.  It has been better the last several days. DON"T drink coffee when taking this!  The caffeine just isn't necessary and made me way too jittery.  Phentermine is basically an amphetamine-like drug with the side effect of suppressing the appetite.  I worry about the side effects, but have not read anywhere of any cases of any damage or death caused from proper use of this medication.  I did take it 10 years ago with the Fen/phen combo just before the Fenfluramine part was pulled from the market.  I lost 40 pounds then.

So....what is your experience with this?
Hi Everyone. I went for my second shot yesterday(every 3 weeks) I lost 10lbs, which is pretty good, to be 3 weeks. My only problem is, I lost 7 in the first week, the 2nd week I lost 2lbs, and the third I lost 1! Maybe it was water weight, but it still went pretty slow. I am hoping it is a little better this week, I worked out today. I am thinking that may have had something to do with it too. I worked out the first week, the second I worked out maybe 2 days out of the week, and the third I didn't work out at all. I have cheated, and had alcoholic beverages, but I have not had any red meat, or fried foods.

My problem with Phen is, I wake up a few times in the middle of the night. I have a 1 year old, and he wakes up sometimes, but I wake up with him, then wake up a few other times, and/or I toss and turn. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one, because I thought I was trippin at first. I hope this week is better then last, and I try to take the Phen every other day, or every 2 days, instead of everyday. I dont want my body to get to use to it. Good Luck!
Hi, hope2bslim.
I have a 2 year old, so I understand the sleep deprivation.  Last time I took the phen, my doctor prescribed me a very low dose of xanax/alprazolam (.25 mg).  I consequently had some before I started the phen again and a larger dose to help me sleep (my almost 2 year old had a nasty looking head wound and as a result I had some post-traumatic stress, (I thought he was dying at the time) and was waking up from nightmares.  Then, a highschool friend died unexpectedly!  Anyway, the xanax (.50 mg) helped me sleep, but the weight loss doc doesn't prescribe extra meds--have to go to the pcp for that and I don't have a refill so I am taking the xanax sparingly.  The clinic told me he usually tells patients to take some benedryl at night.  Or Tylenol PM. Hope that helps.  I do that, too, but my youngest doesn't wake up every night.

10 lbs is great for 3 weeks on phen.  I understand the cheating, too, but what I have noticed is that it leads to more cravings.  I'm not sure about doing the phen every other day.  The last few weeks with the phen have helped me change my habits quite a bit and help me slow my hunger down enough to see what I am actually eating. The Dr. did say that if it stops working, then they can switch me to another appetite suppressant.
HI I JUS STARTED TAKING THE PHENTERMINE 37.5 AND I AM NOT HURGERY AT ALL JUS GOT THE COTTON MOUTH, I  WEIGH RIGHT AT 210 HOPE TO LOSE 10 POUNDS BEFORE I GO BACK TO THE DOC. NEXT MONTH IF NOT MORE WEIGH.SO WHAT DO YALL THINK? MY IDEAL WEIGH  FOR MY HIEGHT IS 150POUNDS.
Hey, I want to wish you good luck on Phen and meeting your first goal!
If you are taking Phentermine all you need to do is listen to what your body is telling you. If you feel hungry eat, but watch the amount of food you eat. I found eating slow really helps.
I have been on Phentermine for almost 5 weeks and have lost 23 pounds. I eat whatever I want, but just a little of it. For example, If I want ice cream I will eat it but just one baby scoop. I have found myself eating off of the kids menu now when we go out to eat...which is often.
I do not have a workout plan that I follow, ( I hate to workout ) but I am always moving doing something with the kids or cleaning. My doctor said if I was to do light weights for 15 min. a day I would loose even more weight. I have not started yet!!  I am not sure if I will!!!
I found that it always helps to hear how other people are doing that are taking the same route you are..I found that it gives me hope!!
I wish you the best of luck and I think you set a perfect goal for yourself and I think you will have no problem reaching it.  My goal my first month was 5 pounds and like I said before I lost 23.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask!
Also, one last thing I am taking B12 shots one time a week I know that they do give me energy.
Keep me posted on your results.
Has anyone else lost weight on Phentermine?
I have been taking a phen for 1 1/2 months along with B12/Myoden shot and water pill.  take one phen at 10 am and 1 at 3 pm one is time release.  Trying to follow a healthy balanced diet, 1200 - 1400 calories, low fat, with exercise.  Dr. stressed breakfast which is hard for me.  Also, try to work out on eliptical at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes and do ab lounge.  at 36, 2 boys and husband, along with work, cant seem to always stick to schedule but try.  Hyper the 1st week and 2nd.  Less from then on.  Lost 7 lbs first 3 weeks, none 4th week, 4 lbs 5th week, gained 2 lbs 6 th week.  lost 1-2 clothes size.  Happy with results but dont understand gain.  Think I may have not been getting enough calories and too much sodium.  Had to cut back to 1 dt dew a day and stop salting food so much.  Pills dont help as much as they did but my Dr. slightly adjust dosage.  ht 5' 8" and starting weight was 169.  only wanted get down to 145 - 150 just in case of fluctuations, dont want too boney.  think it is harder to lose the last few pounds, slow is probably more healthy and maybe easier to keep off.  Actually pretty satisfied with where I am.  Have several family members and friends that are going to same Dr. and have had great success and some were severly overweight.  Skeptical at first and worried about Maintaining.  First time actually tried to diet with eating more healthy, always tried to exercise on and off but have had eating disorder.  This helps me with that.  Husband working out too helps...from the south and everyone wants fried home cooking or fast food.  found that small reg hamburger not too bad or grill chicken wrap / sandwich without mayo or cheese pretty low cal/fat too, for fast food.  Love this site, because hard to find info on the web and still dont understand all about the shots.  Hope to lose again next week.  keep posted on everyones results and comments, helps alot.
Hi everyone, glad to hear everyone is doing so well. I went to the Dr. on Monday, and I weighed in 10lbs lighter, like I have said above. The weight isn't falling off as fast, btu I can definitley tell that things are ah changing lol. I have had compliments thus far, but cant wait to see my firneds that I have not seen since I started, I am hoping the improvememnt will stand out more with them. I stopped taking Phen this week, and I will be starting back tomorrow. I notice that I have cravings now, that I didn't have at first, and I have not worked out, the only day i worked out this week, just so happen to be the same day I took the Phen. I will resumme taking as of tomorrow. I will weigh myself on monday, to see if there is any change, but I have been more lenient this week, then I was the first week. I need to go back to my strict breakfast, instead of skim milk, and fat free muffin or oatmeal. I was eating wheat toast, with no condiments, and 8oz glass of skim milk. I will resumme tomorrow. I love to be able to come on this site, and read how everyones prgress is, I would like it more if the site wasn't becoming just a HCG site, alot of people are taking that, and I have no idea what the hell that is, LOL but I keep reading to find out more. I will let you guys no one Monday, how much I lost this week. Good Luck!
Good Luck and be strong!!!
You can do it! Think of how happy you will be with yourself!!

Best of Luck!!
Yeah, I feel a little left out with a lot of the people on this site in the HCG club!  I am really curious of their progress so will keep reading.

For now, it is Phen, B12/B6.  Something happened to bum me out today and I noticed the first cravings coming on so I hope it is not stopping to work!  I guess my emotions have so much to do with my eating!  I wish it weren't so!

I'll post my 3rd week's progress....though it is going to be really hard not to overeat this weekend since it is my birthday and Easter!  Take care!
Ok. I have my first appt. w/ Dr. next Tuesday, I'm very excited and anxious at the same time.  I want to lose 30 lbs and fit into my clothes again!  I've read all the pros and cons and just want to try it and see what happens.  I'm 5'7 and weigh in at about 185.  I cant fit anything in my closet and I'm refusing to buy up in size.
Wow that's awesome
congrats. !! I just started using phentermine just a week and hoping in time to see results started to eat better slowly getting back to working out was injured my goal is 30lbs to lose. These success stories I hear give me some hope :)
Hey im new to the site and the phen.. I have to have back surgery soon and my doc wants me to loss atleast 20lbs my weight is 147 right now i have been takin the phen now for a week and im hoping when i go back i have lost atleast 10lbs.. I have noticed that the phen does give me dry mouth and i dont want to eat at all.. I have ADD/ADHD as well so i think it has a diff effect on me than it does yall it calms me down and makes me focuse more than i did before, but as of lossin weight i have noticed that my pants r gettin bagger and i have to wear a belt with sum now.. I justed had a baby 1yr ago and right after i had her i dropped down to 165 from there i started workin out and watchin what i was eatin and got down to 145 all by myself but i have mantained this weight because i drink losts of water and work out has much as i can.. Im 5'3 and my doc says im over weight i dont think i am over weight i just dont want to get to the point where i get that way.. So im hopein that this phen helps me loss atleast 30 pounds so i can get down to a size five where i was when i was 16 and no kids.. It does help i can tell u this i find myself doin alot more time doin things and workin on things better than i was before i mean i have a 6yr old son and a 1yr old daughter and a husband so between them its really hard to do my own thing but on the phen i feel like i have time to take care of them and what i want to do alot more than before.. Also cutting out fried foods and cola drinks as helped me to.. fresh fruits and baked foods r also helping to.. Reading yalls success storys has kept me focused more on my goal and showed me that with planning and watching what im doin will help me so i want to thank yall for telling people like me the advice and what u have gone through.. It means alot to me and helps me keep goin...So if anyone has any help or any thing that could help me loss more weight please let me know i can use the advice and tips... Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work.. Cant wait to weigh in thursday myself..

p.s. what r the b12 shots should get them to im 23 and im just wondering what they do with the phen and what r sum of the things that the b12 shot helps put on..
I was taking phentermine but it seems that I was eating the same way after 2 day
so now I'm a try b12 mixed with the phentermine