Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Will taking thyroid meds on hcg prevent weightloss?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Hi I saw this in the protocol not to take thyroid meds while on hcg. Does anyone know why?  I'm going to ask my endocrinologist today when I see him, if its okay to stop. But I wonder about its affect on weightloss if you take it while taking hcg. Does anyone know? Also, for those of us doing or planning to do it on our own, should we follow Simeons Protocol or KT's Protocol? Just wondering. I hope this is a legal post.
My endocrinologist is into whole body medicine and will research this and let me know what he thinks. He said he needed to learn more before he would give me his opinion. I wonder if anyone whose signed on the NWH, Transformation  or any other hcg company has been told to stop thyroid meds or if it has made any difference on weightloss.  
Gosh, sounds like a nice endocrinologist!  Where is "he" located?  I am interested also in what he has to say.  Thanks!
i cannot believe that an endocrinologist would ever say...."sure, stop taking your meds."
they will advise you to not do this protocol either....dr's sell drugs for drug companies....

i have stopped taking 175mg on syn, about a week ago.
i have not talked to my doctor(s) because it is pointless.

but, please do share any info you get.

i am worried about being hypo, but i feel i need to try it without for a while.

madness,

bitten
He is in Madison, CT and he is great. If you're from CT post back and I can give you his name and number.
When I first started thyroid medication, I was taking natural thyroid.  However, I started gaining weight on it.  My doctor, who also studied homeopathic, told me that natural thyroid was made with beef thyroid and you couldn't be sure that it was pure without hormones and so he changed me back to synthroid.  Personally, I would not quit a synthetic thyroid medication and wouldn't quit any actually without a doctor's advice to.  If my understanding is correct about HCG it works like a woman is pregnant, and if that is the case, do you stop taking your thyroid if you are pregnant - no.  It takes a long time to get a thyroid balanced sometimes and I wouldn't play with that.  I have read much on this and have never heard anyone else say they quit their medications on it.  Be careful.

The hcg can work when someone is on thryroid meds, it is usually just slower. Don't ever change/quit your meds suddenly without talking it over with your doctor. Some people who go on the hcg diet find that they may need to change their dosing when they are done with the hcg. Due to change in weight - or change in thryoid function? I don't know (I'm not a doctor).
I have stop taken mine as well for over a period of 2 months due to insurance issues and I honestly don't feel as sluggish I normally do and to top that I have decided to start the HCG drops without the medication hope it works because since being on the thyroid meds nothing takes this stubborn weight off especially after kids! please if anyone one else with this problem has succeeded without the med let us know!
I've been on two different medicines lev and armour thyroid .I gained forty pounds on lev . I begged my doctor to put me on something else. I haven't been this big since I was pregnant . I'm now one armour and already have lost four pounds. I thought about taken hg shots i hear it's suppose to help with thyroid to . I'm still tried and fall asleep. I have no energy I'm drained.