Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Withdrawal symptoms from Wellbutrin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Withdrawal symptoms from Wellbutrin

I've been on Wellbutrin and Effexor for 4.5 years. Over the last month or so, I slowly got off the Wellbutrin and am currently completely off of it. I am still taking the Effexor. Yes, i too have experienced intense weight gain while on both; however, I'm beginning to loose wt. slowly. Since stopping the Wellbutrin, I have intermittent stomach aches to the point of throwing up. My doc says this is not a side of effect from the Wellbutrin. Does anyone else have this symptom?
Were you taking generic or brand name Wellbutrin?  I have heard that the generic can cause weight GAIN, overeating,  in some people.  It did the  same to me.
generic welbutrin will not act completely different in your system and cause opposite side effects than its counterpart brand name medication. monitoring the quality and standards of what they throw in our meds is one of the few things the fda does in our favor. the rest of the time they are on their own agenda doing all kinds of crazy crap and making stupid rules to keep us from fun pills.
effexor is evil. it will change your liver and how it handles fat while u take it and for a long time even after u stop. the side effect isnt your weight gain, it is what is happening to your liver that is causing problems in how it functions