Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Work late, no time to cook right...Suggestions?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Work late, no time to cook right...Suggestions?

My husband & I don't get home until late. By the time dinner is cooked it's close to 8. Any suggestions about quick fixes to help with the weight loss business??
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
thanx...I hate cooking & have VERY picky kids. I'll give it a try this weekend! Any quick & easy recipes??
Blank
My kids are stuck on fish sticks & frozen pizza (cheese only!) so that makes it kind of easy. It's just getting something going for me & hubby (who also needs to shed quite a few pounds). I'm cooking some boneless, skinless chicken breast for salad tonight, but I'm not one who likes to eat salads all the time. Maybe once or twice a week. We like italian (spaghetti, lasagna) I'll have to keep my eye out on the "good for you" pastas. & I know that's something I can make & is good for leftovers. We eat a lot of the ckn/rice, spaghetti, enchiladas, etc. I think that's part of the reason I'm approx. 50 lbs overweight!  A lot of fast foods also. I've tried to cut out a lot of that. Trying to save $$.

Thanks for the help. I would really LOVE to have time to take some kind of cooking class...I absolutely HATE the kitchen!
Blank
Make sure you eat long cooking brown rice and wheat pasta.
We should all stay away from white flours.
Also Ragu has a low sugar speghetti sauce that is really good. I just add a little garlic to it. My kids love it.

Blank
The best foods to make are soups. Just get a can of low salt beef or chicken broth, some cheap meat and a ton of vegetables. You can let the meat and broth simmer in a slow cooker all day then when you come home toss the vegetables (pre cut if you want to save time) into a frying pan untill tender, add that to the broth.

Or eat a ton of boneless skinless chicken breasts, there are dozens of ways to prepare it which add little if any fat to it. With that have some of your favorite vegetables and maybe some flavored rice or pasta.

Also while at work snack on healthy foods when we are busy we tend to eat without actually tasting what we are eating, so by bringing carrot sticks etc with you, you can get your daily vegetable intake without even knowing it.
Blank
572196_tn?1231253661
George Foreman grills are great! you can grill up chicken breast or steak with some onions and asparagus in about 5 minutes or less. Add a salad and it's a meal!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss Alternatives Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank