alternative medications
I am wondering if there is a natural supplement that can replace the Lexapro.  I do not know if these natural aternatives to medication really work but I do not want to be on medication for the rest of my life.
There are "natural" substances that are often used, but of course, not FDA approved for the purposes of treating depression. Melaleuca's Lunesta and St. John's Wart are considered by many to be "mood enhancers." This is in not doctor approved, however. If you are concerned about the weight gain that comes with Lexapro, there are alternatives such as wellbutrin that are more benign in that area, or there are other depression cocktails that you can discuss with your doctor (some meds work for some people, others don't). The weight gain *****, but you need not make that trade off with your depression. If it is unacceptable to you, then it is unacceptable--tell your doctor so.