Weight Loss Alternatives Community
b-12 question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

b-12 question

ok sense i can not find a dr to prescribe the shot a nurse friend of mine got me enough for 100 injections. She does not know anything about it though as to b12 and weight loss. She said for energy just one injection per month but i want it for weight loss. Any suggestions for weight loss and dosage? Are there different types of the b12 shot? and what is this 600 calorie diet everyone talks about?? is it for hcg or b12. Any suggestions on what type of diet i should be on? Also should the b12 do the trick or should i also take phen or something else with it? i need to lose 40-45 pounds. Sorry for all the questions but i really need some advice.  Thanks to all!!
I take Lipo which is mixed with b12 and I nolonger take phentermine because I didn't need it and I go so constipated with it. Calorie intake is 800-1200 a day. With the phentermine I was lucky to get 300 a day. But I back on track and have lost 17lbs in almost 4weeks and 18lbs my own it took 5months. So I hope to get more good results but may be you should start with a doctor just to be safe.
Yes, TriVita does do the same as the b12 shots, but without having to stick yourself.  It is truly a lifesaver for my husband!  He has been taking it for about 2 years.  We call it his "happy pill".  It helps everyone differently, and for him, it improves his moods and gives him a ton of energy! Plus, it's cheaper than the expensive shots. Send me an email healthy4life at comcast dot net and I can give you more in depth info about b12.  It seriously DOES work.
thanks for the dr suggestion...i would love to consult with a Dr but none in my area give b12?
good for you and your weight loss, thats awesome!!!
sunnshyne: where do you purchase the lipo?  Thanks
I also commenetd in the other threads but I will tell you what I do in this one as well.

I take 1 ml on Monday, 0.5 ml on Wednesday, and 1.0 ml on Friday.
I use the 1cc insulin needles.

1cc = 1ml

The first two weeks (6 shots) were in my butt! Alternating cheeks, left, right, left, right. I swabbed the area with rubbing alcohol and then pinched a two inch piece of fat and inject into the pinched area.

I then did them in my stomach, alternating on each side, left, right, left, right (for a month) then I started putting them in that area right below my butt cheeks, left leg, right leg, left leg, etc.

I noticed a huge difference in weight loss in the place I put my shots....especially my stomach and back of my legs....it's alomost like the b-12 made my body burn the fat in that area first or something!

I am still putting it in the back of my legs..for the next two weeks, then I will switch to outer thigh.
cheribaby:  Yes, thanks so much for the clafication.  Your explanation was greatly needed and appreciated!
Cheribaby- thank you soooooooo much... you gave me the answers that I needed! So basically you inject every other day alternating from 1cc's to .5cc's? Do you take anything else besides the b12 injections? What does it do to make you lose weight? Curb appetite or anything like that? Do the shots hurt? I hate needles. The stomach area sounds real painful.
Anyone know if the Trivita (sp)? works the same...the pill that you place underneath the tongue.
Thanks agin for the iput and I will be thrilled if I lose as  much as you have already. Oh one more thing... what time of diet are you on Cheribaby?
I just wanted to add what is says on the B-12 vial I use:

Vitamin B-12
Cyanocobalamin injection USP
1000 mcg/ml
10 000 mcg/10ml

For intramuscular or deep subcutaneous use.

Usual dosage: 100-1000mcg monthly or as directed.

(I would think that dosage is for energy) I take 10 000 mcg/month (the whole vial) When I used to go to the clinic to get them I was given 2.1 ml/week...and like I said, I give myself 2.5ml...I think it would be highly unusual to overdo it with the amount I give myself...I'm 160 lbs as of today, down from 183.2 on Mar 9)

I don't feel and effects, excpet perhaps more energy, but I don't feel that I just have a lot more energy to get things done since I have taken them

You are more than welcome!! My diet goes something like this:
2 protein servings/day 3 1/2 oz each (no beef or pork)
2 vegetable servings/day 8 oz each serving
2 bread (no real bread) either triscuits (4 slices) or melba toast(4 slices)
2 fruit servings/day no mango, plum, pineapple,banana or tangerines
2 tblsp salsa/day
2 pickles

I eat protein in the am (eggbeaters 150ml) then a salad with calorie wise dressing at lunch and then a protein (usually chicken) and 8 oz of vegetables for dinner

I also drink LOTS of water...6 cups pure water/day and then sprite zero (as much as I want) crystal light (as much as I want)
No caffine, no sugar (oply tablet equal)

I excercise with a game called DDR. Basically it is a follow the steps dance game my kids play and I play along for about 30-60 minutes per day (depending how tired I am) But let me tell you something, it took about two weeks of the shots to have the energy to do the excercise. It does make a huge difference to me.

I used to go to the Dr. Bernstein clinic, but at 160/week I would not pay for it anymore. I got a 6 week gift certificate, and everything I learned from that six weeks I put to use for free! Except I have one treat day (Saturday) where I eat whatever I want. (those days I eat carbs, but try to fill up on salad and fruit first :)

Good luck! If you put your mind to it you can do it!!

Well I had my first shot this morning...whew! I didnt hurt but the area feels a bit sore. I was scared at first but now I'm relieved because it really was not bad at all.

Cheri- are you taking any other supplements or appetite suppresants or just b-12? Thanks for the diet plan, wow...you are good!I think I may low carb it..its an easy formula for me to stick to.Do you think losing 10 pounds by the end of May is doable?

Thanks mgtargirl for the info. Thats awesome if the pill works just as good. I going to e-mail you.
Thanks to all and good luck!

Glad to see it didn't hurt too much. I am also taking "Cal-K" which is a vitamin (Calcium and Potassium) 2 in the morning and two at lunch. This helps my calcium levels as I do not take dairy on this diet. I also take a multi vitamin "Swiss One '50'" (in the yellow bottle available in any drugstore here in Canada) I take that every morning.

With your weight loss I urge you to drink a lot of water, you will be surprised how much weight you lose when your body is properly hydrated. The first weekend of me doing the diet and hydrating myself properly I lost 5 pounds!! Drink, Drink, Drink! 6 cups pure water per day + other fluids (crystal light, sprite zero)

Keep in touch through the forum and let me know how things are going.
I've been trying to send you an email, but it keeps getting bounced back.  Do you have another email address I can send the info to?  Let me know.  :)
Hi, I am new to your forum and I noticed that some of you have been to Dr. Bernstein.  I am presently visiting his office in Tampa, Fl.  I have a question, I am trying to find Swiss One "50" multivitamin & Mineral w/ lutein.  I noticed that you mentioned this vitamin as being found in every Canadian drugstore.   Any idea how I can purchase these and as to price.  Also my Pastor/Missionary is going to Dr. B's, however she is leaving in June for Ghana to open an orphanage and school.  I would like to purchase these vitamins for her.  Also any info you can give me regarding the shots and where to get them would be very helpful.  I have a good friend who is a flobotomist (sp) who could also give her the shots. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Betty
I've been on the Bernstein diet for about two and a half weeks and have lost 11 pounds. I'm quite pleased with it so far - while I was hungry for the first two days, that seemed to pass and I actually find there's enough food to keep me satisfied if i snack on my allowable food constantly throughout the day, rather than section it off into three meals. Of course, there is a distinct lack of flavor, and hunger or no hunger, I still crave Big Mac's and plates of cheese (if we only ate when we were actually hungry, we wouldn't have had the weight to lose to begin with...). The problem is, I'm going on a trip for two weeks and would like to try and keep burning fat to some degree. I know they put you on a "maintenance" diet, however I want to keep up with the injections as I find they speed things up and give me a bit of energy. I see on this thread someone provided the dosage level (thanks!), however can anyone tell me where I can buy the same b-12 shots that Bernstein uses, so that I can inject them when I'm away? Are the b-12 injectable shots they advertise on the internet the same ones? Does Bernstein just use pure b-12 or some sort of mixture or complex? Any help/information is really greatly appreciated!!.
I have an appt with Dr Welden this week - has anyone gone to him for diet injections/supps?
I have started with Dr. Weldon.  (end of 2nd day).  The staff was great, the experience relatively pain free (and I hate shots!!!) and I am really not hungry!  The only problem I have experienced is insomnia.  I took a few benadryls, but was tossing and turning all night.  I have decided to skip my last appetite suppressant today to (hopefully) avoid this.  I have 2 friends at work who have been with Dr. Weldin for a few weeks now and have lost a dramatic amount of weight.  Hope this helps and good luck!!
I am having a porblem trying to find a doctor in my maryland area that inject the B-12 injection can someone help me in finding a doctor need help with my weight.
I am also from Canada, I went to Bernstein clinic 6 years ago and lost 30 lbs, but found it really expensive.  Where do you get your B12 from? I found an online drugstore but am not sure what dose to buy.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
I went to Walmart in Barrie Ontario and they sell B12 in a bottle over the counter. It is $4.50 Cdn/bottle for 10 000 mcg or 10 ml (good for 4 weeks if using 2.5ml/week) for weight lose. Pharmacist also suggested potassium and calcium to supplement deficiencies while taking it.
The recommended dosage for regular B12 deficiencies is only 1 ml/month. (Energy Boost)
Also, I checked availability and pricing on syringes and they are $3.12/10 or $31.24/100.  Just the way I like it - cheap!

Hope this helps!

I am checking in with my family physician and getting some pre-diet blood tests and then I will be getting on board with all of you. I want to see how it affects my healthy as well.
Cindy in Barrie

Hi there, I have purchased a 10ml vile of B12 from Walmart.  I have also ordered syringes as well.

What is the exact dosage i have to take.  I know to take it 3 times a week, but not sure what the dosage should be each time.

So you inject it on your butt cheeks and stomach and all is fine???

Also I bought a multi-vitamin, I htink its called Womens Only, from Walmart as well.  Do I need to take potassium pills as well as the vitamins daily?  Or is the multi-vitamin enough?

I would appreciate it if you let me know.

Thanks a lot
Hi there, I have one more question.

I have a bit of love handles I want to dissapear.  Can I inject on my lovehandles or not?

Thanks a lot!
Hi there is a dr in Rockville md I just got my first shoot today here is the number 301-527-0570. Good luck hope this works :)