Weight Loss Alternatives Community
b12 how much and how often

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

b12 how much and how often

For those doing b12 shots.  Please tell me how much you are taking in each shot and how often you take the shots.  I want to get them but I am not sure what to order.  Thanks a bunch!
Avatar n tn
Hi, the protocol I am on is a "daily" b12/b6 shot, phentermine (adipex) and water pill and potassium.  I am deficient in B12 and started a load up dose of 1000mg/1cc 2xweek for one month.  I was supposed to follow it to 1x week for one month, once every 2 weeks for one month and then once a month thereafter.  The weight loss, bariatrics clinic I go to gives 50 mcg of b12 and 50 mg of b6 up to 5 times per week so I just go with that.  They told me this was the highest daily dose to take of B12.  My PCP said it would get me back to the levels I need and then if I stop with the weight loss clinic, I would go back to the once per month or more often dose.  I notice a very slight increase  in my stamina...not necessarily more energy.

Hope that helps.

V.
Avatar n tn
Incorrect info above:  Sorry, the Nurse at the clinic gave me the wrong info.  I double checked today.  The B12 injections I receive and am getting 500 iu per 1/2 cc of ML.  The B6 is correct 50 mcg per 1/2 cc.  I am glad I double checked because I was worried about which B12 regimen to follow and 50 just didn't make sense.

Let me know if you get this!

V.
Avatar n tn
got it!  Thanks for checking for me!
Avatar n tn
Hello,  i have been wanting to start on this for a while...is there anything that should change on the ammout to take to how much u weight or how much you want to use...i think that i have to take pottasium also..correct? what do i ask for when i go into the pharmacy.... i would like to loose about 100lbs and have try the other methods to no real success

thanks
Need to know about the MIC B12 injections.  Methionine, Inostitol and Choline dosage per injection is my question. Where do I find this info?
3 Filler Exercises to Loosen Up You...
9 hrs ago by gymdandee
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Aug 24
mishymoshymarcy Breathe and let go, I can d... Comment
Aug 23
Track your weight over time