Weight Loss Alternatives Community
can i take more then 37.5mg of phentermine?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Phentermine- Does anyone take more then 37.5mg I want to no if i can take higher amount to help me in the evening time is when i eat the most. I take the 37.5mg around 10am and I start snacking around 5pm-6pm it seem like it wear off later in the day. is when i need it the most??   Please help me make this work for me I'am at the end of my rope...
I only started taking the phentermine today, so I may not be much help.  Have you tried breaking the pill in half?  The dr. that prescribed mine suggested doing that & taking half in the morning & half mid afternoon.  hth
Hi, I work at Advanced Weight Loss Center in Birmingham, AL. To my knowledge, Phentermine 37.5mg is the strongest phentermine made. If the medicine is not holding you through the evening hours, you can take it a little later in the afternoon. We actually encourage our patients to eat a healthy breakfast and a light lunch (still healthy of course:) and take the suppressant at lunch time. If you are like most of our patients, the evening munchies are where they struggle most with regard to weight.  You may also wish to ask your physician for Lipotropic injections and/or B12 injections to aid in your weight loss. And don't forget to find encouragement where ever you can, a spouse, friend, co-worker. You are not in this alone...Encouragement is an important part of this process.
I am currently taking one and a half I take a 37.5 as soon as I wake up and half a pill midday. This is prescribed by my Dr here in Chicago. One pill just doesn't do it for me anymore. To be honest...the phentermine is not working like it used to. So, I am excited that there is another option now with the HCG injections. Be careful tho because you will get the jitters...and this is coming from someone who drinks 2 pots of coffee a day and usually doesn't get them!
I am taking the pill twice a day right now.  I take it early in the morning before a protein shake and another one around 10 AM.  If you go much later than that you might not sleep much.  The first day I took one around 3 PM, big mistake, might have slept an hour total.
Back in the day when I took it, I took 37.5 in the am
and a 15mg in the afternoon.
Yes you can take more.  People often take another 15mg in the afternoon. If you find its not as effective try taking tyrosine (500mg)2 times moring and late afternoon. It helps the phentermine work better.  However rarely does one diet drug alone ever work.  They must be used in combination with other drugs or supplements. You are probably not going to a doctor who specialty is weight-loss because it sounds like you are only taking phentermine by itself.  This will work only for the short term.  If you have had a problem with obesity all your life like myself, short term will never work. Try to find a intrenist who knows bariatrics. If you are interested in how to maintain control I suggest reading "Turn Off The Hunger Switch" by Paul rivas, MD.  You might want to show it to your doctor.  He is a expert on medical obesity one of the few who has had long term sucess.
how much weight can i suspect to lose with this
I was told by my Dr. that after two months you must take a break, if not you will no longer feel the effects.. at least a month break.
I asked Dr. Summers, my weight management doctor in Birmingham, AL 205-838-3740, this very same question.  He said to take the pill no later then lunchtime because it can cause me to not be able to sleep at night if I take it too late or take more than is prescribed.  He said that Adipex is the strongest medication available and also suggested that I try the lipotropic injections to help me along my weight loss journey.  He has also encouraged me to keep a food journal and since I have started doing so I realized that I was eating much more than I had thought.  I can proudly say that Dr. William Summers and his medical weight loss staff has helped me loose 60 pounds!  WoooooHooooo!  Message me if you need more info about his amazing (and affordable) weight loss program.
I am on week 4 of taking Phentramine (phentermine).  I found that it has started to lose its effectiveness.  I am reading that taking 2 (37.5mg) is not recommended.  Is Adipex the same as Phentramine (phentermine)?  Did this happen to you?  If so, what did your Dr. recommend?  His program sounds great.  Unfortunately, I am in California.
what helped me a lot because I am a night eater and an emotional one was to take it like 3 pm... and then to never eat at night. I did not have a problem with eating breakfast or lunch. But if you are not a night owl like I am you would want to take half of one. I do not think it is a good idea to take more..because I think it should be taken maturely and not be abused. hth
I'm sorry that came out wrong..what I meant was my Dr. said it had the potential for abuse..not that if you took more you were abusing it...sorry others if I offended any one ; ) Also I found a really good cook book where the foods were so nutritious they were very satisfying..It is George Mateljan's Book.
Also I do take a break.and don't take them at all when I am not hungry for them..so then when I take them maybe 3 days later they work really good. Like I don't always feel hungry in the morning so I hate to waste them if you know what I mean..and I might take it before dinner. But I am most definitely a night owl. hth
I lost about 10 lbs the first month and then I lost 5 more the 2nd month..celebrated...gained 3 back and am losing again. hth you have to eat healthy to lose. I eat only salads at dinner and nothing after 6. I eat no processed foods.
Hi can you please tell me how your doctor is and how much does the pulls cost