Weight Loss Alternatives Community
can't gain weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

can't gain weight

HI! I AM A 32 YEAR OLD MOTHER OF 2 AND I WEIGH 101 LBS. I CAN NOT GAIN WEIGHT NO MATTER WHAT I TRY ~ I HAD TEST DONE TO SEE IF IT WAS MY THYROID BUT RESULTS CAME BACK NORMAL! DOCTOR SAYS I'M HEALTHY AND HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT BUT I STILL SAY IT'S NOT GOOD WHEN SOMEONE "CAN'T" GAIN WEIGHT! ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OF SOMETHING IT COULD BE?
i dont have any ideas just wanted to say god i wish i was in the same boat as you i look at food and get fat you should enjoy it and if your worried go to your doctors for a full check over bloods ect if you already havent best of luck.
lol~ trust me u wouldn't wanna be in the same boat!buying a size 3 is embarrassing! I have even tried drinking that weight gain 4000 stuff and I never gained more then just a few pounds. My doctor says I have been blessed but I just don't think it's normal~I want to gain up to 110 lbs and can't~I am 5'3 and should be atleast 110lbs from what I've read on here.
I had a friend who played college football, but his coach wanted him to bulk up (gain weight) because he was playing on the defensive line, and was underweight for college football. With the practices and his own workouts and exercise he was having trouble gaining more than a pound or two a month, so his coach had him set his alarm for 2 different times in the middle of the night and get up and drink a large shake, chocked full of calories (icecream and stuff) along with eating 5 times a day.  Within 3-4 months he put on about 40 lbs.
Hi Tennvol!

DO NOT TAKE THE ADVICE OF EATING ICE CREAM! lol

You will put weight on in fat!! That is not what you want - it is unhealthy.

I am a 22 year old male and have been studying weight loss/gain extensively for the last 2 years. 2 years ago I needed to lose 35lbs and did so, but went underweight! So I needed to gain weight.

Basically, what you need to do is eat but eat the correct things. Your diet should be bulked up with plenty of carbs. Seeing as you are female though, it will vary for you.

Here is an example of an eating plan for you.

Breakfast

150g of porridge
Banana

Mid-Morning

Beans on wholegrain toast

Lunch

Baked potato with cottage cheese and tuna, and plenty of vegetables and fruit.

Mid afternoon

50g of mixed dried fruit (no added sugar) and a selection of nuts (again no added sugar - or roasted or anything else, just plain)

250ml of skimmed milk.

Dinner

Chicken/fish etc with 100g (dried weight) of pasta or rice or a baked potato, plenty of vegetables again

Snack

Bowl of fresh fruit with natural yoghurt
Or porridge

Now that is an example - but you should be having all those meals per day. I know it sounds a lot but I have looked into that to make sure that is correct for a female and it is. Try and eat as much as you can - obviously if you feel sick or anything stop because that is ridiculous.

Now you can't just sit around all day waiting for that to give you weight gain - it will but it will be in the form of FAT!

Each day you need to lift weights (to increase muscle which will tone you and.... yes - add weight!)

Work a different body part for 5/6 days a week.

30- 45 minutes on each day with 15-30 mins cardio to keep the heart/lungs healthy.

Doing this you should gain about 1 to 2lb per week. And that is all you want to gain because any more than that and it is likely to be fat.

Now don't be scared about lifting weights - i know women don't want to look like arnie, but I promise you that you won't! He does some serious eating and training!

Any questions, just ask, and let me know how you get on.

Take care
Lewis x
***@****
I do this herbalife stuff to lose weight but you can gain weight with it too by drinking a shake after 2 meals but it will put on good weight and it doesnt taste like ****.

Herbal-Nutrition.Net/NicoleAndDan
Lewis,

Thats not the case for some people, I eat all the right foods, I eat regularly throughout the day too, big meals, try avoiding as much dairy products, excerise, whatever.  Neither options work.

My view is it will never change.  Unless there is a miracle medication out there apart from antidepressants.
I have discovered by chance some sort of weight gain diet that puts on loads of weight easily.  

I'm thinking of selling it, but need to know if there is enough interest.  It is incredibly simple diet that is almost too good to be true, but it just keeps putting on weight.

my email: ***@**** let me know what you think I should do with this discovery.
<a href="http://efx-xenadrine.com/">Xenadrine EFX</a> is a potent ephedra free, thermogenic fat burner and lipolysis stimulator, proven to help break down fat. This revolutionary formula contains a powerful blend of natural ingredients shown in clinical research to increase the body
i have the same problem im 26 ive had three kids n i still weight 98 i cant stand it i have to go in the kids section to look for pants im 5'3 thank god im short i cant gain a pound to save my life did you find anything out or did anything work for you yet pls let me know i hate being this small best of luck