Weight Loss Alternatives Community
cheating on HCG diet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

cheating on HCG diet

I've cheated in an extreme manner with fried foods, ice cream, alcohol, chocolate etc.  I was traveling and lost my head.  Please let me know what effects this will have on the hcg protocol.  I did not take the shot the 1st day I cheated and got back on track after two days.  This transpired on the 23rd day of my Hcg regime.  Have I ruined everything or can I just continue and expect good results?
That's the trouble with these extreme eating/severe dieting protocols.  Eventually, someone following them has to go off, and sometimes you go off with a bang, as you did.

I'm glad you're back on track, but unless you learn to eat in a healthy, normal manner, it will almost inevitably happen again.  These extreme diets may help you shed a lot of pounds very fast, but easy off....easy on.  They'll come back.  

Slow and steady is not very satisfying, but historically, that's the best way to keep weight off.  
The great thing I have found about hcg is that even when you "cheat" if you have been on it for a while, it pretty much keeps you right where you are. So falling into bad eating won't make you rebound with double the weight you just lost. Another great thing, is that you can just start again the next day with the shots and the very low calorie diet. You don't have to worry about "ruining" everything. Just start again. Also, if you only "cheated" for two days, it acts kind of like your loading days and will be just fine.
Just hang in there, I know the diet gets real boring after a while, but it really does work. Good luck.