Weight Loss Alternatives Community
cymbalta and topomax(topamax)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

cymbalta and topomax(topamax)

Has anyone taken these two together if so was there any weird side effects I should watch for?
Tags: Cymbalta
I passed out several times and had a lot of nausea with this medication, so my doc stopped it after my lightheadedness got really bad and it wasn't safe to drive.  I am anemic so maybe that made it worse.  My body is really sensitive to medications so keep that in mind too!  Good luck!
I take both of these meds. Topamax when first starting, you must start low mg and slowly increase. (Same with Cymbalta actually)  With Topamax, when starting, I had loose stools, dry mouth and lips (bad), and funny taste in my mouth.  Decreased tastes for sweets, carbonated soda or other beverage, increased thirst, decreased hunger, and I think thats all.  All disipated after time. Although I wish the decreased sweet tooth and soda dislike stayed. Once when I was taking it (for my migraines as a profilactic), I had to stop taking it because I did get too skinny! My headaches are not as bad but are starting to creep up again, so I am slowly starting to start taking the Topamax again. I have been on Cymbalta for a few years for chronic pain and it does help with my "circumstantial depression" IN THINK but not sure how much helping my pain. Some people have had problems with Topamax causing kidney stones (which I have but have had since before taking it), and such lighthead that was way too severe to continue. I did not have this issue. Hope this helps.