effexor and weight gain
I had a complete hysterctomy at the age of 28 and I have been on some form of antidepressant since.  It has been 11 years now. I have gained so much weight.  I am currently taking effexor and still gaining weight.  Even though it helps my moods and my depression, the weight gain is causing me to be even more depressed.  I am not a big eater.  I exercise and try to lose but i am unsucessful.  I am trying to go off all anti depressants.  The effexor has been the hardest to go off of for me.  Has anyone had problems going off this drug and had any success and has anyone once going off been able to lose the weight.  
I gained 20 lbs in 8 mos on effexor! Ive been bt 118-122 for 20 years. The heaviest i ever was was high school at 127 lbs.
When i started effexor i was 122 lbs. 8 mos later 142lbs! Heaviest by far in my entire life!!!!
Been effexor free for 5 months n have lost 10 lbs effortlessly. The remaining 10 lbs better come off too! And soon! So angry shrink said it was weight neutral. No way. I have always been aware of my intake n exercise. I even worked harder but the weight kept coming on!!! Anyhoot- just wanted to report latest results. I was on this board a few months ago looking for other people's weight loss ( if any)  and how long it took after stopping this drug.