Weight Loss Alternatives Community
hCG & weight loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

hCG & weight loss

Where can I find hCG injectable in central TEXAS?
Most doctors are ethical and realize that HCG injections for weight loss were banned by the FDA a long time ago! However, there are some doctors who seem more interested in the money they can make, than they are in what is BEST for their patients!  

Caveat emptor!

Pam
PAM,
  She DID NOT ASK for an opinion PAM, she asked where she could find HCG.
  Why do you answer if this question has nothing to do with your thoughts or opinions? There is another forum for Fitness & Excercise and another for Nutrition maybe you should go over there.

MEDHELP,
   This is what I am talking about people like this ARE causing problems here. No one asked if HCG is legal or if it is right to use them. They asked where can I find HCG.

I don't believe Pam is causing any problems.  She is just stating the obvious.

MedHelp has made it very clear they don't want postings such as email addresses, links to other web sites or places to go to get hormones, etc.
Although you seem very knowledgeable, you seem to have left a lot of information out such as: when was HCG ever banned from the FDA? I'm not sure they have ever had a ban on this particular product. In addition could you please inform us of the true scientific side effects, if any that HCG causes.

Testing ones knowledge is always fun isn't it. Thanks in advance, you're the best! :)
go google the information yourself
SINCE YOU ASK FOR PROOF- HERE IT IS FROM THE FDA!

-----------------
In addition to miracle pills with unproven claims, another type of dieter's delusion is still being perpetrated by some diet clinics years after both the FDA and the American Medical Association stated it was useless for weight loss.

This deceptive practice is injection with HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin). HCG is a hormone extracted from urine of pregnant women. It is approved by FDA for treatment of certain problems of the male reproductive system and in stimulating ovulation in women who have had difficulty becoming pregnant. No evidence has been presented, however, to substantiate claims for HCG as a weight-loss aid.

An article in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) in 1974 stated:

"No convincing scientific evidence exists that human chorionic gonadotropin has any pharmacologic effect in weight reduction. Hence, claims to the public that such effects do occur are a misrepresentation of the scientific facts."

FDA requires all labeling and advertising of HCG to state that it has not been demonstrated to be effective in the treatment of obesity. The ads must also state that HCG is not approved by FDA as safe and effective in treatment of obesity of weight control.

Yet the use of HCG for weight loss continues. For instance, advertisements for weight-loss clinics using HCG appeared in the Chicago area in the summer of 1982. The ads included the required disclaimer, but in type much smaller than that used to extol the virtues of the clinics' program.

Judith Willis is editor of FDA's Drug Bulletin, a periodical for health professionals.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
FDA CONSUMER
============

I think she works for the FDA....

She keeps insisting in trusting the FDA...

I want people to google HCG, banned & deaths
& then google FDA, mistakes, banned & deaths

For people who are tired of hearing the same thing from PAM (who keeps answering questions not intended to her opinion)
MEDHELP is finally trying to help us out by creating two separate forums.
I thank them for trying to resolve the issue here.

I think she is one of the ones who doesn't leave the issue alone & keeps on wanting to debate or argue about HCG.

The Article makes for very good reading; however, it still doesn
I would like to know has anyone been able to try hCG for weight loss and what was the results.  I've searched the internet and read what the FDA thinks about it but that doesn't mean that it doesn't work.  Has anyone had success with it?

Nicki
Do you think anyone trusts the FDA any longer? With the many books on the shelves now exposing the FDA (Maybe not you personally - but you are nieve if you think your employer is not corupt, corupt, corupt!), I would totally ignore your words!  Your people are in the pockets of the Phamacutical & Food Companies.
I used the hcg shots back in the 70's and lost so much weight so fast ithat it was a miricle.......then I was fine til a messy divorce and follow..which has put me worse than before...so now I am looking to start back on the shots.... for those non-believers...read Kevin Trudeau's book The Weight Loss Cure "They" Don't Want You to Know About.     He explains why the FDA and diet food companies don't want this known......My doctor did all the blood tests for me but I am now in the process of finding the right  place to order the hcg.  SO  for the lady who keeps poo-pooing it and sticking up for the FDA...shame on here without doing her real homework...talk to those of us who used it and lost....Maybe I was lucky back then to have a husband going into the medical field ...one of the doc's who helped get him into medical school gave me the shots at cost.....
Yes, the hcg treatment does work.  I did it some 20 years ago, and lost 29 pounds in a couple of months.  Someone earlier mentioned that it was probably because of being on a low cal diet and drinking lots of water, so why bother with the shots....   The hcg shots were just as important.  I do not know why this method has been taken off the market -- I thought it was still available.  I wish it was, cause after three kids, I need to lose about 15 pounds.  I get tired of doctors telling me "as you get older, your metabolism changes... blah, blah, blah."  I guess it may be true, cause things that I USED to do in order to lose a few pounds (watch what I eat and exercise), don't work anymore.  But the doctors never seem to offer any help, which is frustrating.  Why, exactly, did the FDA pull hcg treatment?
I am using hcg injections and a strict 500 cal diet using only the foods approved my my provider.  I follow to the letter the diet and take the injections daily.  I did the fat load days and stated the program at 196.6 #
I had a very gradual loss at first.  One half to one pound each day or two, loosing down to 191 on the 11th day.  on day 17 my weight is 190.1.  This is not working for me?  I am not hungry, but am tired and sleepy most of the time.  I do take several medications, including thyroid medication, but by telecon with the physician he approved all my medications.I am taking 125 units of hcg daily.  I am concerned that this is not normal.  Please respond. Moondrops
1
I have been reading your comments and have noted each on of you has your opinion.
I have to say that I have never been a huge fan of the FDA. I have always truly believe that if the FDA endorses it they are in it for the money and not really to protect people.

I found HCG after several family members took the hormone and lost like 30 pounds in 31 days. I decided to try it with a completely non biased research in mind. I have never been hugely overweight just have excess baby weight from having my two kids. I have tried Slim Fast, Weight Watchers, and even working out and watching calorie intake. Never worked, well maybe when I was 18 and needed to lose a few pounds.

So Now I am at a point I just want to lose weight. a couple years ago I did a 6 month work out and the calorie counting and lost a total of 10 pounds in 6 months and I gained it back in 2 months.
I have been on HCG about 2 weeks now and have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks and I haven't been hungry, I feel engergetic, and the inches are rolling off. I am not feeling weak or irritable due to hunger. In fact I got in 384 calories today and I just doing feel like eating any more. HCG is natural and it occurs in every woman that gets pregant. It hasn't been known to kill any one and in my opinion why in the world discourage people from trying to lose weight this way. If they can't do it some way they may try crack or something to lose the weight. Just My Opinion.
I just started the HCG program under a doctor care. I give myself a HCG shot once a day in the thigh for the next 30 days. I am on day 4 of the program; and in 4 days I went from 161.6lbs to 159.2lbs. I take the HCG shot and consume 500 calories a day for 30 days.

MY Daily Meal Plan:

MORNING: 4 scamble eggs and 2-8oz bottles of water
LUNCH: 4 slices of deli meat, 1 slice of canolope melon, and a cup of spinach & 2-8oz bottles of water
DINNER: 6 slices of deli meat, 1 slice of canolope melon & 2-8oz bottles of water

My last meal is before 6pm and I don't eat nothing else after that. However, I do get cravings; so I chew on gum. This plan is working for me; I can't speak on everybody else.
I use the homeopathic version of HCG and LOVE it!!!! The only reason the FDA and like sources say it isn't approved or isn't successful is because they aren't making any money off of it. The FDA loves to keep things out of Americas hand that they can't control. HCG most definitely works provided you follow the protocol. I am just a few days away from the end of my first cycle and have lost 24.6 lbs & 17.25 inches so far. I am hoping to reach 30 within the next 5 days before I go on to phase 3 for the next 6 weeks. I am not tired, my moods (I was becoming increasingly depressed & irritable before the HCG) have done a 180, my husband and kids like me again lol and I believe the mood improvement was solely because of me feeling better about myself as I saw the weight coming off. I don't feel hungry and I can actually watch my family eat some of my favorite foods (ie Chineese food from my favorite resteraunt) and it doesn't bother me because I know when I weigh in the next day I'm going to see a lower number by sticking to my foods instead of cheating..... Try the HCG you'll know with in the first 2 weeks if you're going to like it or not :-) Good luck on a life changing journey!!!