Weight Loss Alternatives Community
hcg - stomach cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

hcg - stomach cramps

I've just started HCG and have stomach cramps.  Is this common?  What are other adjustment reactions?
When doing the hcg and the very low calorie diet, it is common to have some discomfort due to your body detoxing from all the stored fat that could include any chemicals, preservatives, etc that you have eaten in the past. Also, if you ate a lot of caffeine, sugar or sugar substitutes you could be having withdrawal symptoms from not having them anymore.
That being said, I don't know if stomach cramps are normal. If it continues, I would definitely talk to your doctor about it.
When I was on it, I sometimes got headaches or upset digestion. These were usually caused by lack of water(it is VERY important to drink enough water on this program!) or by slipping and having any amount of sugar(like one piece of candy)
Good luck!